PDA

View Full Version : Calcium supps raising PH?

twosweetlads
March 6th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Hi I am new here but I have seen on a couple of other swaying forums lately that calcium and magnesium raise PH! I can't have dairy so was going to rely on these. Now im wondering whether I would be best to avoid them?
I don't know what to do? Any ideas? The people that have spoke about it have tested it themselves and have done a lot of research and apparently Dr's give them out to people who need to raise their ph.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks x

nuthinbutpink
March 6th, 2011, 09:31 AM
If you are in an acidic state, anytime you introduce minerals into the body, it will work to increase your blood pH back to a healthy level. Your body cannot survive in an acidic state so it will fight to stay balanced. Most of the research out there supporting swaying is linked to diet- consumption of calcium for girls and avoiding salt for a girl are key. Your internal pH is really going to stay balanced...even when secretions that we measure have a pH that is very low, your body has to maintain a certain pH that cannot vary that much or you will die.

So, you can deal with a higher pH with douches/lubes, etc but I would not definitely not cut out calcium and magnesium if swaying for a girl. I would try to get some through food and not just supplements.

atomic sagebrush
March 6th, 2011, 09:54 AM
You may find that your pH stays low regardless of the calcium/magnesium supps if you are dieting. Can you take either baby aspirin or cranberry? They will help keep that pH down.

I personally think that supplements are better than dairy anyway because dairy has TONS of sodium and potassium in it. I took cal/mag supps when I was swaying and my pH dropped from in the 6's to 4.5 just from losing weight, I never even took cranberry or aspirin. (note - it didn't help me conceive a baby girl though!)

I agree with NBP, the evidence in favor of calcium is WAY more convincing than the evidence in favor of pH.

twosweetlads
March 6th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Thanks so much. You have put my mind at rest I will continue with the supps x

babydust
March 6th, 2011, 11:58 AM
yeah, I agree, I think a combo of supps and a little dairy should do the trick. I think increasing the amount of dairy is good for a girl sway, but not so much that you are adding tons of potassium and salt to you diet. I think it's a fine balance and you just have to do things in moderation and stay in the suggested mineral ranges with supps and diet combined :)

atomic sagebrush
March 6th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Also fat and protein in dairy!!

babydust
March 6th, 2011, 12:33 PM
oh yes, definitely watch out for those also! :)