PDA

View Full Version : Good eats and supps for the 2ww?

LolaInLove
March 6th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Just wondering if anyone has any good advice....I've read some interesting stuff from IVF sites about pineapple core, walnuts, pomegranate, etc....what about supps? If I'm swaying blue, which supps should I continue during the 2ww? I've had a m/c recently, and am a bit paranoid about getting beans to stick now. Oh, and I take a progesterone supp also, just fyi. THANKS!

Zivic-Bubac
March 20th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Great q Lola!
Now that progesterone part...What are you taking, prog cream or pills? Is it to prevent possible m/c ( God forbid!) I've decided to take progesterone pils as soon as I get BFP (I'll take Utrogestan), but I read that it shows its effect only if taken immediatelly after conception or 2 days after the latest.
And I'll be waiting 2 week, IDK...I don't want prog in my system if I'm not pg bcos it can possibly sway pink in next cycle. Or it can't? There was this link on IG about progesterone, I'll try to find it.
I was taking utrogestan when pg with dd 1 , pregnancy went smoothly with happy ending:happy:, but I've started taking it after 2ww.
When pg with dd 2 I had severe bleeding in @10 week, I thought it was m/c, but my pink bean sticked :HH: so I got prog shots for a week and then prog pills till the end of 1st trimester.

So I'll be definitely taking it as soon as I get my bfp, my only worry is would it be too late by then?

Zivic-Bubac
March 20th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Here is the link to progesterone info: http://pregnancyloss.info/causes-of-miscarriage/
The interesting part : Progesterone must be started 48 hours after ovulation to work. By the time you have missed a period, it is too late to save a pregnancy with a luteal phase defect.5