PDA

View Full Version : Food and supplements for the 2ww?

LolaInLove
March 6th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Posted this Qu in the 2ww forum also, but wondering what is recommended? I've read pineapple, walnuts, pomegranates....then on the supp side, baby aspirin and of course, good old prenatal....anything else to help keep a bean in the pod?

atomic sagebrush
March 6th, 2011, 12:53 PM
I've read that pumpin seeds (also called "pepitas" and available in bulk foods stores or Hispanic grocery stores) and ALL red fruits, strawberry, tomato, watermelon, can help with implantation. Lay off the caffeine and you can eat less sodium than you were.

OMG I am so excited for you!

Oh and of course for a baby boy, be sure to eat breakfast and 3 snacks a day (morning, afternoon, and bedtime) with protein and carbs to keep your blood glucose levels elevated for that little bean!

LolaInLove
March 6th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Thanks! What about supps....should I continue any of them? I'm wondering about the Pynogenol, RJ/BP, and DHEA specifically. I've read in some places online that you should take DHEA "until you get a bfp" but I am not sure how that is intented on the IVF boards. I'm taking a prenatal, Vit E, and Zinc.

atomic sagebrush
March 7th, 2011, 02:44 PM
I would skip pycogenol in the 2WW. That's just an antioxidant and should be ok to stop cold turkey. There is conflicting info on the safety of DHEA in pregnancy. I am a little concerned with the idea of stopping DHEA cold turkey after you've been taking it though. You may want to take it only every other day for the first week of the 2WW and then for the second week, twice a week, then once a week if you get a BFP before stopping it. If you don't get a BFP, start taking it again every day.

RJ/BP is supposed to be safe although I would taper it off once I got a BFP.

LolaInLove
March 7th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Awesome, thanks!