PDA

View Full Version : food / eating / time

Coccinelle33
March 6th, 2011, 02:03 PM
i need a better plan... these are the foods i got right now for swaying that i feel are "safe" if there's anything listed thats not please let me know.

white rice
frozen or fresh corn
green beans
leeks
pasta
light sour cream
unsalted butter
rice cakes
strawberries
white bread
cucumbers (no skin)
yellow apples (no skin)
rice pudding
light yogurt (greek or regular)

crystal light
organic low fat milk
peppermint tea

what spices are allowed? i know mrs. dash but it has a lot of things in it like lemon which i know can raise ph? any idea on what can be used so i dont have to use them all together?

if im waking up at 6 and not going to bed until 12 what times are best to eat? right now im doing 11 am and 5 pm. it's been real hard though because all im eating at those times is pretty much yogurt, rice, and a veggie with milk. if i eat 2 meals can i add like 2 cups of yogurt some where in between or would that be to much?

thanks... so for all the questions!

Coccinelle33
March 6th, 2011, 04:13 PM
what do you think about soy products like veggie burgers or veggie chicken? is it ok? ok once in an a while?

lindi
March 6th, 2011, 09:10 PM
I think nutmeg and oregano help with the hormones. Oops and thyme and turmeric.

Coccinelle33
March 6th, 2011, 10:22 PM
thanks lindi!

atomic sagebrush
March 7th, 2011, 10:44 AM
I think that's GREAT! You can't beat that plan.

I would prob. avoid spices all together just to keep things simple, but otherwise lindi had some great suggestions. I don't think any spices in dietary amounts probably affect much of anything but you never know. A lot of spices have phytochemicals in them so I wouldn't load up on them.

If you're going from 6-12 you should def. add in another meal. I like the idea of three meals better than 2 meals and 2 snacks because it gives your blood sugar that much longer to be on the low side. But if you NEED more food than that to get thorugh your day, you gotta do what you gotta do.

atomic sagebrush
March 7th, 2011, 10:45 AM
what do you think about soy products like veggie burgers or veggie chicken? is it ok? ok once in an a while?

OK once in a while, like 2 times a week. The problem is not only the protein but the sodium.

Coccinelle33
March 7th, 2011, 11:06 AM
thanks last night i was waiting on a response and was starving because i only ate twice all day and it was like 9 and i made a veggie burger. i felt like just a loser. but im glad to know that 3 meals and soy products are ok sometimes.

Coccinelle33
March 7th, 2011, 12:14 PM
how many hours should i be waiting in between meals?

atomic sagebrush
March 7th, 2011, 12:15 PM
how many hours should i be waiting in between meals?

Let yourself get actually hungry before you eat again. I would say 4 hours.

atomic sagebrush
March 7th, 2011, 12:17 PM
thanks last night i was waiting on a response and was starving because i only ate twice all day and it was like 9 and i made a veggie burger. i felt like just a loser. but im glad to know that 3 meals and soy products are ok sometimes.

Don't ever feel like a loser for eating. You are doing SO MUCH already to sway that you can cheat now and then when you really need to and it won't matter.

Coccinelle33
March 8th, 2011, 12:13 AM
is lettuce ok to eat?

also what was that, that you said about cream cheese being better for boys?

atomic sagebrush
March 8th, 2011, 11:42 AM
is lettuce ok to eat?

also what was that, that you said about cream cheese being better for boys?

I think iceberg lettuce is great for girls (yes I know it's on the IG diet for boys but that's because it has very little calcium and has a little potassium, but it has a heck of a lot less potassium than milk does!!!), plus it has fiber which will help remove fats from your digestive tract and it's filling. The darker lettuces are probably ok now and then but they are much more nutritious and so you should eat them sparingly.

Cream cheese has a lot of sodium and fat so I think it's probably best to avoid it if you can, but now and then for a treat it would be fine.

Coccinelle33
March 8th, 2011, 11:46 AM
alright thanks!