PDA

View Full Version : When to douche?

luvmyluvbug
March 7th, 2011, 08:07 AM
So I think I am going to try a vinegar douche. I am just not sure when to do it. We will Be frequent BD from AF to 2-3'day cut off. probably every other day. So should I use one before every BD, just the first time, or just the last time? Any suggestions? I also have replens and refresh and I'm leaning towards refresh since it works for 3 days. Thanks for any help you can give.

babydust
March 7th, 2011, 10:22 AM
well, I know for me, doing a douche everyday would lead me to have a lot of irritation and probably a YI. So I would only a little bit of use the douche when it is your cut off attempt and then the days after that until you O. That's why I like abstinance better (or frequent release)...you don't have to worry about lowering pH after dtd for so many days. And you can definitely use rephresh if you want to do frequent bd if it works for you so you don't have to use the lime douche so many days...just my 2 cents though!

atomic sagebrush
March 7th, 2011, 12:20 PM
So I think I am going to try a vinegar douche. I am just not sure when to do it. We will Be frequent BD from AF to 2-3'day cut off. probably every other day. So should I use one before every BD, just the first time, or just the last time? Any suggestions? I also have replens and refresh and I'm leaning towards refresh since it works for 3 days. Thanks for any help you can give.

I would NOT douche any time other than the days when I had EWCM.

I personally like RepHresh for that very reason, because it works for 3 days. But I wouldn't use RepHresh and vinegar douche together because it might make your pH go up (but if you test it and find that it doesn't, then you can.) You CAN use Replens and douche together because the pH of the douche won't affect the Replens.

I might do something like this - use RepHresh every three days throughout the month and then about 5 days before O, switch to Replens every three days. Then if you notice any EWCM OR 3 days before O, start doing the douche when you BD

luvmyluvbug
March 8th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Great thank umso much ladies. Hummmm frequent release could We BD with a condom for the days faraway from our cut off then as we get closer to ovulation not use then so there is not so much pH changing going on. Thanks ladiesso happy o found this site it's is really much easier to find info.

atomic sagebrush
March 8th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Yes, you could and you may even want to use a spermicide condom.

luvmyluvbug
March 10th, 2011, 04:57 AM
Should I do the whole put a whole in the spermacide condoms thing? Thanks

atomic sagebrush
March 10th, 2011, 10:42 AM
You could, but I was more thinking that since you're going to DTD with protection in the days before you are fertile anyway, you might as well DTD with a spermicide condom (without a hole) and get a little spermicide on the scene ahead of time. Maybe it will help your sway a bit while still making it possible to get pregnant.

luvmyluvbug
March 12th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Thanks I will try that.