PDA

View Full Version : What kind of cut-off is this?

Chunky Monkey
March 7th, 2011, 02:10 PM
We DTD last night because I got a + OPK last Tues. and noticed a change in CM on Saturday. Then for the heck of it, I tested around 12 pm today and got a very definite + OPK! What is happening!?!?! I am not going to DTD again until I get my period. Did we do any sort of cut-off or is it possible that I already O'd last week and just got a random + OPK? I know you can see a + OPK and then get another + a few days later, but this is almost a week later? Any thoughts as to what might be going on? :pray: Praying that if I am PG that we are blessed with pink :pray:

atomic sagebrush
March 7th, 2011, 02:49 PM
You may be pregnant or the first positive may have been a fake O. I wouldn't worry about ruining your cutoff - you may have accidentally hit a perfect O+12!!

KFX and TX for you!!!

http://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

nuthinbutpink
March 7th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Would be an early BFP...exciting!

Chunky Monkey
March 7th, 2011, 10:20 PM
I think the earliest I could have O'd would be last Tues. If I got PG then, it would have been from DTD the Friday before. I don't really know what to think... I'll look through the threads to see about how early you can get a BFP. Thanks ladies!

Chunky Monkey
March 8th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Do any of you have any recommendations as to what I should do next? Should I take another OPK tomorrow or just wait the LONG 2 WEEKS?? When do you think would be the earliest for me to test and get an accurate result? I don't know if I O'd last week, maybe Thursday (2 days after the first +OPK) or would it be tomorrow or Wed. (going off of the +OPK that I got this afternoon). With both of my boys, I didn't get a + HPT until 14 days after O. I think if it doesn't happen this time, we are going to go HT in May or June. I have to start consults if I get my period in 2 weeks. Thank you for the advice!!!

atomic sagebrush
March 8th, 2011, 10:00 AM
I would take another OPK today. I don't ~think~ you're pregnant because it would be a very early positive, but stranger things have happened.

Either way, it sounds like you either hit a cutoff or O+12 and I wouldn't worry because you have the timing aspect covered (and can't change it now anyway!)

Chunky Monkey
March 8th, 2011, 10:58 AM
I think you are right. I will take another today, but I think I may have a cut-off or O+12. Praying!!!

atomic sagebrush
March 8th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Good luck!!!

Chunky Monkey
March 8th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Thank you Atomic! I just tested again and got another +OPK. I am really confused now! The test lines are darker than the control line yesterday and today, it is no question that they are positive.

LolaInLove
March 8th, 2011, 12:12 PM
I had the same thing happen! Had an opk look postive, it was really about the same, on Wednesday, now, 6 days later, have a blaringly positive one.....I think I had a fake o before.....FX for pink for you, whatever you decide to do!

Chunky Monkey
March 8th, 2011, 12:15 PM
You too LIL! So confusing! I'm not DTD for at least another week!!! If it is meant to happen, it will happen. For now, I guess I will just wait :) Good luck to you! KUP!!!

LolaInLove
March 8th, 2011, 01:18 PM
I know, and now, I'm wondering if I'm maybe actually pg (did you read that link from AS from poas.com?) and that is why it's coming out so stark + now.....I don't feel like I'm about to O, I feel like I'm implanting, kwim? I'm going with your strategy though, just go with it and see what happens, although since we're ttc boy, we will bd tonight and tomorrow. GL to you too!

Chunky Monkey
March 9th, 2011, 05:42 PM
This is the 3rd day in a row that I have had a + OPK!! This one was just as dark as the test line, maybe the slightest bit darker. The ones from yesterday and Monday were definitely darker than the test line. So this one is noticably lighter, but still a +. I guess I'll do one more tomorrow. I don't know when I should start HPT testing, or if I should just wait 2 weeks from now and test if I don't get AF by then. Oh the waiting game......

LolaInLove
March 9th, 2011, 05:46 PM
I'm just going with the later O (which is the real one, I suspect), so technically today! I bet you O'ed yesterday, eh? Maybe today? Either way, we are in the 2ww for sure.:luck:

Chunky Monkey
March 9th, 2011, 11:06 PM
I would think for sure by now, LIL! How about I trade you ALL of my blue dust for all of your pink dust?!?! Good luck! I will look for your results :)

LolaInLove
March 10th, 2011, 09:08 AM
I'll take it, sister! And please have my girlie dust! How are you feeling? Any pg signs yet? I can usually tell within a couple of days, I just have this bloated abdomen, and then I have mad implantation cramps around 5-8dpo....but I think I am only 1dpo so just taking it easy. Are you ttc this month? FX for ya!!!!

Chunky Monkey
March 10th, 2011, 10:43 AM
I'm not having any symptoms right now. We "attempted" 1 time within the possible range so I don't if I'll get PG this cycle. I didn't test + with either of my boys until 14 dpo, so I don't want to start testing too early. I feel like I did what I could. I want to get PG this cycle, but I am so scared to have another boy and not ever have a DD. When will you start testing?

LolaInLove
March 10th, 2011, 01:06 PM
I totally know how you feel, I am scared to have another DD, but it won't be the end of the world. If I do get pg, I will have to prime myself for that....I think I will try to assume it is another girl so that I won't be upset if it really is.

I tested + on CD11 a couple of months ago when I had a chemical, so I will likely wait at least until then, maybe 10dpo if I feel the good old implantation cramps again....I can usually tell when I'm implanting, so I wait 2-3 days after to test. On the other hand, though, since I just had a m/c, I may wait until AF is due so I don't get my hopes up again. If I have another chemical, maybe it's best if I don't know, but then again, maybe I'd rather know so I can go to the dr and see what's up with that.

How long have you been ttc? I am ready to get pg too, ttc wears me OUT emotionally, plus I'm fat now from the boy diet!

Chunky Monkey
March 10th, 2011, 05:24 PM
I'm sorry about your loss :( Hopefully you will have a sticky blue bean in there! This is our first month of TTC #3. I had - OPK result today. I had a + OPK for 3 days then a - today. So going off of that, how many DPO do you think I am? I guess I could start testing at 10 DPO. I'm trying to figure out when 10 DPO would be :)

LolaInLove
March 11th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Well, if you O on the 2nd day of +opk, which is the most common, although some women O sooner or later....I would say that you O'ed on the 8th? So 10dpo would be the 18th....maybe test on the 19th (if you can hold out!) to give yourself a bit of wiggle room in case you O'ed on the 9th. I'll be poas on the 19th myself, pretty sure I o'ed on the 9th. You'd have a pretty good cut-off there! I will tell you this....both my girls were conceived O+12 although we were not swaying. I used to do FAM for birth control and I remember seeing the ewcm be gone and just having a bit of the creamy cm....and we dtd AFTER the creamy cm was mostly gone too, as we were not trying to get pg so I thought my egg was good and gone. Just FWIW....

Chunky Monkey
March 11th, 2011, 09:54 AM
We were originally going for 0+12! I got a + OPK last week and saw a change in CM on Saturday, so we DTD on Sunday. Then I got the + OPK on Monday!!! So I am praying we had a girly cut-off. I don't have any symptoms, but with my first 2 PG I had symptoms starting about a week after O, so I think I will have some sign or symptom starting next week if I am PG. Hoping for great news for both of us!!!

LolaInLove
March 11th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Have you been doing girly sway stuff like dieting and using sperm-killing lube? Well, I'm not a huge believer in timing, so here's to hoping we have beans in there anyway! Would it be helpful for you ttc girl moms to read a thread BY girl moms about what we did to get girls? I did 2 unintentional textbook girl sways.

atomic sagebrush
March 11th, 2011, 01:54 PM
YES Lola, that would be wonderful! Thanks for thinking of it!

Chunky Monkey
March 12th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Yes! That would be very helpful! I've posted my unintentional blue sways, but would be more than happy to post again in a new thread :) Great idea!

As for girl sway factors, I DTD when I thought it was a possible O+12 and have been doing partial girl diet. I added more calcium and don't eat breakfast, but I drink coffee now, which I didn't do when I got PG with my boys. I have been trying to diet to lose weight, but still eat some salt and moderate protein. We tried missionary with shallow penetration and JND. We tried to lower sperm count too. I used RepHesh for a lube and did not have female O :( I am just praying for a DD so I can move on from this obsessing over not having one.

LolaInLove
March 14th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Will post a thread then, I know it is so helpful to hear how some ladies were living when they had boys! ChunkyMonkey, sounds like you had a good attempt....I am right there with you on the obsessing, too.....I can't even walk by baby boy clothes without getting a huge lump in my throat. I will say I am so glad to have this forum, this knowledge, the excellent advice from the mods here, and the support, because at least I know I'm giving it a better shot than I would be without any of this!

Keeping FX for us!!!