PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe I'm posting here after TTC for a year and a half!!

cupcakebaby
November 6th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Hi! I'm new here, but was on IG since 2009. I had some gender desire with my third daughter, you see my husband and I waited nearly a decade after our first two daughters to try for two more kids. We always thought 4 was a nice round number:happy: We swayed using Shettles for a boy hoping to eventually have 2 boys after the 2 older girls, and I miscarried once before conceiving our now 2.5 year old Olivia. We were briefly disappointed to not be having a boy. When she was about a year old and I was still in nursing school, we started trying again. When it didn't happened, I assumed it was the stress, plus I gained a lot of weight from the stress too and my periods stopped. We did continue to try until many months later when we decided to investigate further. Turns out my husband was on a medication (testosterone injections for low testosterone) took his sperm count down to a big fat ZERO. We were crushed. We were then told that it may never come back or if it did it would take probably years. Well, I lost about 30 pounds and started ovulating again and we decided this would be the last month we would give it one last shot because we don't want a large age gap and BAM, this morning I got a BFP!!! Turns out sperm count was back to 100 million!! We found that out a few weeks ago and knew this month would be our best bet, but we are freaking out because honestly we didn't think it would happen. We truly feel it's a miracle!! We are just hoping for a healthy baby, but did sway a little pink using Shettles- DTD days before ovulation and missionary position, etc. We selfishly would love a boy, but really want a sister close in age for Olivia. It's a win-win either way so we are excited not to have that stress of wanting a boy so much this time, you know?

nuthinbutpink
November 6th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Congratulations!

lobella2
November 6th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Congratulations!

Wanting-a-girl
November 6th, 2012, 11:08 AM
CONGRATS

The Anchor
November 6th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Way to go!

OnlyPraying
November 6th, 2012, 01:02 PM
OMG!!!! AMAZING!!

http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w333/bluebooties/congrats-1.gif

cupcakebaby
November 6th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Thanks so much everyone, we are so excited!!! Having some cramping today, so hoping it's just implantation:think:

Cinss
November 6th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Congrats on the bfp :) We feel the same way, a sister for our DD would be awesome, but DP would love number 4 to be a boy.

cupcakebaby
November 6th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Thanks Cinss!! I looked at your US pic and it definitely looks like you guys are having a son!! Congrats to you too!!

cupcakebaby
November 7th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Well, I'm not sure what to think, but I think I possibly got a false positive yesterday and jumped the gun. The test I took this morning was negative. Can you have a positive one day and negative the next and it not be a chemical pregnancy? My boobs are tender and I'm exhausted and moody, but it could also be PMS I suppose. So sad :sad:...

The Anchor
November 7th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Well, I'm not sure what to think, but I think I possibly got a false positive yesterday and jumped the gun. The test I took this morning was negative. Can you have a positive one day and negative the next and it not be a chemical pregnancy? My boobs are tender and I'm exhausted and moody, but it could also be PMS I suppose. So sad :sad:...

Oh no...sounds like it might be a chemical. I'm so sorry, HUGS.

Adia
November 7th, 2012, 01:04 PM
My tip is to test again. I have been known to get negatives on Doctor office tests when indeed, I was pregnant!!

Good luck!

cupcakebaby
November 7th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Thanks ladies. I will test again for the next week or so and will update.

Petal
November 7th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Aww a lovely story!! congratulations!!

Myloves
November 7th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Congrats!

cupcakebaby
November 8th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Was a negative again this morning unfortunately. Sadly, this will be the last month we try, so no more babies for us. Thanks for the support though ladies!

The Anchor
November 8th, 2012, 02:02 PM
So sorry cupcake...no more attempts for you? That's a shame...HUGS

cupcakebaby
November 8th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Yeah, I'm really sad about it. It has been over a year and a half we had been trying. We gave up about 3 mos ago when we learned my husband's count was zero and then started trying again this month when we learned a few weeks ago his count was now 100 million. So, this was it and that's that. It's okay. I know God has a plan and I also want to help others with GD having gone through it myself.

cupcakebaby
November 8th, 2012, 02:55 PM
And thanks Anchor for your encouraging words!