PDA

View Full Version : ATOMIC WHAT IS CONSIDERED TOO MUCH FR???

Atsaukina1
November 6th, 2012, 01:53 PM
You said in my last post -"Yes, there is such a thing as too much but it is very common for your cycle to change so it may well be you'll O earlier this month."- At what point does that occurr ??We areat cd 11 and what if cycle does go as long or longer than the last one (positive opk cd19)??. At what point does he need to take a break and then what do we do???? I am checking opk 2x daily to make sure i don't miss it. Kinda want it to come later now(cd18) because I'll hit the New Moon lol.

could a man w/ a good sperm count fr for 15-20+ days and still have good swimmers???

Atsaukina1
November 7th, 2012, 04:00 PM
I had him take a break and skip a day yesterday- that was cd11- so 10 days of fr. then he will start back fr today, so if I O like last time then that will still be 7+ days of fr. If I get postive opk before then, then we will double up and do concentrated fr:)
I still am wondering how long you can fr before you start shooting blanks??? Because we could've kept doing fr that was not a problem at all but I really got worried that by the time O+ hit there would be nothing left. I have tried and tried looking for this info but couldn't find anything-

Ipadmad
November 7th, 2012, 05:07 PM
We did 10 days of fr, well DH did! By 10th day, DH really struggled to (ahem) finish off. He said that he felt there was nothing left. I don't know if tat was the case, he's not good a high libido anyway (I think he did amazingto do 10 days!). I could also tell there was far less in me.

I also did j and d and the sem particularly on the day after he missed a day.

Atsaukina1
November 7th, 2012, 10:03 PM
he did 9 days solo and 10 we bd and everything was good. like I said at that point it wasn't a matter of us running out but I really wonder if you can do to much for too long. I would hate to O on cd20+ and then him shoot blanks?? I don't know about any of this so just trying to figure out.

atomic sagebrush
November 8th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Yes, a man can release every day indefinitely and still produce sperm. A good rule of thumb seems to be, if he can continue releasing and still getting "stuff" out, then let him keep on rolling without a break. If he can't finish or it's taking forever and nothing/next to nothing is coming out, then he needs a break.

Things like sperm production and when/how your cycle will change are individual for each person and not anything I can even remotely predict.

atomic sagebrush
November 8th, 2012, 08:45 AM
To some extent it depends on how big a hurry you're in to conceive - if you have months to play around, you may jsut want to give it a try with a super long FR and see if you can get pg that way. At least you know you've left no stone unturned. But if you're in more of a hurry, then that may not be best and you should stick with the 7 days if possible.

Atsaukina1
November 8th, 2012, 08:49 AM
thanks:) in that case he probably would've been good. too late though as I already had him take a day of then back to fr and will double up some days. still bfn opk's so we'll see:)

I'm ok w/ my decision to skip a day though as we are doing shallow release,antihistamines,and I've been doing rephresh every 3 days plus we might still get in 7+ days fr anyways if if O comes like last month:)