PDA

View Full Version : Blue Sway-- UPDATE!! It's a GIRL!

waffles
November 6th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Name :

Swaying attempt - Natural, Sperm sorting, High Tech...? Natural
Gender resulted- It's a GIRL!

Baking soda douche? no
Baking soda finger? no
Pre-seed? Yes
Egg whites? no
Big O? yes before or during

Minerals DW & DH
I didn't really keep track of minerals but tried to only have full-dairy. I also added a ton of salt to everything

Dietary Changes?
I followed the HE diet for 3 months which was completely opposite of the way I've always eaten my entire life (probably why I had a girl!). I ate every hour or two and always combined a protein and complex carb. I had avocados, bananas, potatoes, nuts, and dried fruit every day. I also made sure I had meat for at least two meals and red meat at least twice a week. I barely ate meat before starting my sway, so hopefully this helped! I gained a total of 8 lbs on the diet and was at least 10-12 lbs heavier than I was when I conceived my daughter. My BMI was actually borderline underweight before and I brought it up to over 20.

ETA: I also cut out ALL artificial sweeteners and limited my sweet intake unless it was dark chocolate. I used to drink a lot of diet coke and ate a lot of products with aspartame (ew!)

Drinks? Tons of lemon water and coconut water. I tried to drink green tea every day AF->O. I also tried to drink more fruit juice, but wasn't consistent with that.

Exercise?
I could have done more in this area. I walked and pushed DD around in her stroller everyday and we live in a VERY hilly community. I was also stuck carrying her around since she wasn't walking yet so I noticed my arms were a little more toned.

Supplements

Evening Primrose Oil (EPO)? No
Robitussin/Guafanesin tablets? Guafanesin once a day the week before O and up to 2 times a day the days leading up
Alka Seltzer Gold? No
Green Tea? Yes 1 cup AF-O
Fertile-CM? Yes
False Unicorn? No
Vitamin E? Yes
Fish Oil? Yes
Folic Acid? Yes 2000mg
Flaxseed Oil? No
Potassium pills? No
L-Arginine? In FertileCM
Tribulus terrestris? No
Vitamin B12? Yes
Zinc? No
Royal Jelly? No
Others? Vit D

DH supps? Multivitamin when he would remember. Sigh.

Timing
Length of DH abstinence? We were DTD every 2 to 3 days
BD on O? Yes
How close to O?, I got a +OPK at 11pm on Thursday. We BD'ed that night and the following night although it was already negative at that point.
BD how often? O-4, O-3, O-2, O-1, O
Charting O with Temp? No
Charting O with OPK? Yes
Fertility monitor used? No
suspected O date? September 7, 2012

O in what moon phase? Waning

How many kids do you have? 1

What gender? Girl

Number of months TTC? 2 (The month before was a chemical pregnancy)

Your Age? 28

BD position? Doggy style or spooning

EWCM present - LOTS but I still used preseed because I'm a go hard or go home type of girl ;)
DH type of undies? boxers

Did you use instead cups - how long? No

DH use cold bath/shower or ice? No
OWT - anything under bed? No
Comments?

Overall, I definitely gained weight and felt healthier overall. I had more EWCM than I ever have before so I hope that shows my fertility was increasing. I know I could have lifted weights and been more careful about avoiding every type of processed food. I O'ed late and am concerned that I had more frequent attempts than I planned. I also could've given up the red wine :worry: If I have to do a second sway, I'll definitely try to get DH more involved as well. I'm okay with the idea of having another girl, but I'm really hoping it's a boy :)

***Although this was a failed sway, I couldn't be happier with the results. I was expecting to feel gender disappointment but for some reason when the tech said it was a girl, I couldn't stop smiling. I'm so happy my daughter will have a sister and we'll try swaying for a boy again in a couple years. As for now, I couldn't imagine it any other way. Thanks for all your help, ladies, and good luck to everyone swaying!!

dloui128
November 6th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Your sway sounds great waffles!

Cinss
November 6th, 2012, 04:27 PM
You have a great shot at your boy! I would be very happy with that sway :)

The Anchor
November 6th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Great sway! :agree: on the coconut water, I was drinking tons of it when I got my boy. I was also adding coconut oil to morning smoothies. Pre-seed is also GREAT for a boy sway, you could also add prenatal vitamins. Everything else looks GREAT...good luck!

4Giffins
November 6th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Great job Waffles..looks fantastic! Hopefully you bring more great news to the blue crew! Will you be finding out the sex?

afy
November 7th, 2012, 12:48 AM
wow your sway loos really good! hope all goes well! if you dont mind me askin what did you eat avacados with?? how long were you on the HE diet?

Pearl327
November 7th, 2012, 03:35 AM
Great sway Waffles. you have a really good shot of getting your little man.

ELP
November 7th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Sounds really, really good Waffles!! Best of luck xxxx

luvalittleman
November 9th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Hi Afy, Have been reading lots of your comments and am making a chicken madras and a lentil curry tonight based on much of what you and Atomic have been discussing (and also because I love them but don't eat them much because they're fattening - perfect for my boy sway!!).
You asked what to eat avocados with and I love them so thought I'd give you a few ideas :

I have been making toasted wholegrain bread with avocado smeared thickly on and some baby spinach leaves with poached or scrambled eggs on top for breakfast, Sprinkle some salt on and it's delicious.

You could also do an afternoon snack by doing corn chips, salsa and guacamole (fresh made with avocado, lemon juice and minced chilli).

Make a big wholegrain roll for lunch with avocado smeared on (use it like butter but thickly) and then top it up with roast beef slices, tomatoes, cucumber, grated beetroot and carrot and baby spinach on top. Don't forget to add the salt.

Best of luck with your sway.

Waffles, I think your sway looks really good. I have my fingers crossed for you. xx

atomic sagebrush
December 2nd, 2012, 02:03 PM
Good luck!

prayforaboy
December 3rd, 2012, 02:03 PM
Good luck...

Pearl327
December 5th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Great attitude Waffles. I feel kinda feel the same in that if I hear Girl then having a sis for my DD was more important then having a boy this time around. But I would still sway blue again in the future. Hope you still stick around our Due date thread

atomic sagebrush
December 5th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Congrats on your little girl! I'm sorry it didn't work out but I think sisters are lovely.

dloui128
December 5th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Congrats on your little girl waffles, my two girls are the best of friends, its so great to watch them together

Son4meplz
December 12th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Congrats on your princess, sisters are great. You have great attitude and also it seems you have another chance for the third child and that makes a lot of difference.

My boy attempt also failed but this was my last chance so can't get over it and very depressed. Looking at your attempt, I see that you also DTD many times and that again makes me think that timing does play a role for some people. This site recommends multiple close attempts in the fertile window, which i don't think works for ladies having girl friendly bodies.

prayforaboy
December 13th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Congrates Waffles.... I swayed blue and this will be our last baby ( we already have a girl) and I am just so stressed about this gender thing but your attitude gives me strength. Its okay to have another princess.... Thanks for keeping us posted.

Butterfly Spirit
December 13th, 2012, 04:53 PM
on the healthy little ~*Princess*~ I'm sure her sister will just adore her!!! :)

afy
December 16th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Waffles HUGE congratulations on your Princess... Having a sister is one of the unbreakable ties you could have I really believe every girl needs a sister.. Im 1 of 3 sisters and i love it!

Cinss
July 28th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Congrats on the baby sister Waffles :)

ELP
July 29th, 2013, 02:38 AM
Cant believe I missed your update and for so long!! Congratulations Waffles on your beautiful little girl:), she must be here!! I would love to see a picture if you are passing through xxxx:)

waffles
August 1st, 2013, 05:17 PM
Hi ladies, I actually haven't been back because I lost the baby at 20 weeks :( It was absolutely devastating and I felt so guilty for initially wanting a boy then losing her. I'm actually newly pregnant (11 weeks) but didn't sway at all. We're just keeping our fingers crossed for a healthy baby!!

The Anchor
August 1st, 2013, 05:29 PM
Oh no waffles I'm so sorry for your loss. But congrats on your new little one!

Pearl327
August 1st, 2013, 06:38 PM
Waffles I am so sorry to here that you lost your little girl. I was thinking of you often since we were in the same due date group. I hope this pregnancy goes really well for you.

ELP
August 2nd, 2013, 07:31 AM
Waffles what sad, sad news:( 1000 congratulations on your perfect little rainbow pregnancy, I wish you the safest pregnancy ever and a beautiful little baby at the end xxxx:HH:

Adia
August 2nd, 2013, 08:24 AM
So sorry Waffles, what devastation that had to be. I am glad you got pregnant again easily. I pray this pregnancy goes smoothly. Keep us posted!