PDA

View Full Version : Watched the Jim Carey Christmas Carol Movie last night

Janed
December 23rd, 2010, 10:36 AM
Terrible. So ot for young kids at all. They speak in old english...very dark...not good.

My 8 year old said it was 'not bad'.

grits
December 23rd, 2010, 11:29 AM
I don't like it. Not just this version but even the original novella. Darkness, despair, death? Depressing. The only holiday story more depressing is The Little Match Girl. Who needs that during this time of year. Pass.

Janed
December 23rd, 2010, 12:07 PM
Scrooged was pretty funny though!

grits
December 23rd, 2010, 12:20 PM
I don't think I've seen that. Is it recent? Does it have people? Or is it something with talking animals? You know I refuse to watch any movie with talking animals (real ones, not animated).

Viene
December 23rd, 2010, 03:43 PM
Good to know. I was thinking of buying it thinking how brilliant that kind of animation looks in HD. That and the fact that I love watching Christmas programs.

GDControl
December 23rd, 2010, 04:50 PM
I don't think I've seen that. Is it recent? Does it have people? Or is it something with talking animals? You know I refuse to watch any movie with talking animals (real ones, not animated).
Scrooged was a play on the Christmas Carol movie with Bill Murray. It was funny.

december
December 24th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Yeah... Not gonna lie, we just watch The Muppet's Christmas Carol every year. I think it's one of my favorite Christmas movies.

Vinter
December 25th, 2010, 07:04 AM
We watched Die Hard yesterday, lol. That one always gets me in the Christmas spririt!