PDA

View Full Version : Yet another question

Wanting-a-girl
November 6th, 2012, 07:21 PM
So I have been on the diet for about 2 weeks now and I was supposed to get my period yesterday and today I had very little spotting... I have been tracking my period for months and it has been very very regular

Does the diet mess with your period?

The only supp Im taking is frolic acid and started aspirin today

I did have sex a week after O but I track so I wasn't ovulating... I would be very upset if I was pregnant :(

Wanting-a-girl
November 6th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Just to add to that I have never just had a little spotting EVER! But the las to months my period was a day or two early

Wanting-a-girl
November 7th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Still no sign of AF :(
Could the peppermint tea be causing this?

Atsaukina1
November 7th, 2012, 10:56 PM
did you poas jic???

atomic sagebrush
November 8th, 2012, 08:49 AM
do you have a chart you can link me to?

My guess is that you Oed late - you literally CAN'T get your period late (unless pg, of course). Diet delays O and then you get AF later than you expect, but it's still the 14 days or howeverlong your LP is, after ovulation.

2 weeks on diet is really very unlikely to delay O (and if your period is due today, that means you wouldn't even have BEEN on diet before you Oed anyway and thus it's impossible that this is a result of diet) O can be delayed by illness, stress, and sometimes even just focusing on TTC can make people's cycles go really weird.

Cute avatar! :)

atomic sagebrush
November 8th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Still no sign of AF :(
Could the peppermint tea be causing this?

Yes, but again it's because O was delayed, not that AF is late. AF comes no matter what, she's unstoppable LOL. If you don't get AF, it's because you didn't O when you think you did.

IF you are TTC you should not be drinking pep tea in the 2WW and since we're not sure what is going on, I think you should stop it immediately in case there's a baby on board. GL.

atomic sagebrush
November 8th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Just to add to that I have never just had a little spotting EVER! But the las to months my period was a day or two early

Now AF CAN come early, jsut not late. She likes to be tricky.

Wanting-a-girl
November 8th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Is there anyway that the light spotting could have been my period? Omg I'm starting to freak out I'm not trying to concieve I really wanted to wait til January! There is literally no sign of af I can check my cervix normally a day before period and there will be some blood and there is only clear cm now :( I can try and get some pics of my charts to post I use I period and have been tracking for over a year because I have not been on bc so I halve been somewhat natural family planning by avoiding o and i have never had a scare yet cause my period is regular....

Wanting-a-girl
November 8th, 2012, 08:59 AM
And thanks that's my youngest Ezra... Love him to pieces :)

Wanting-a-girl
November 8th, 2012, 09:15 AM
so apparently i cant send pics from my ipad so i will just write my schedule for the past three months

august af 24th-27th O 30-4th of sept

sept af 18-20 O 23-28

oct af 12-14 O 17-22

sex with condom on the 26th, sex with no condom 28 and 1st of nov

my period was supposed to start nov 5th

atomic sagebrush
November 8th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Possibly, what were your temps doing?? did they drop when the bleeding started?

The other possibility is that you still haven't Oed and your temps are kind of meaningless right now.

The other other possibility is that it was implantation bleeding from the DTD the week after O.

atomic sagebrush
November 8th, 2012, 09:42 AM
I'm confused why you have several days listed for O?

Did you have a clear temp rise?

Wanting-a-girl
November 8th, 2012, 09:43 AM
I don't temp :( sorry
I was really just relying on my calendar

Wanting-a-girl
November 8th, 2012, 09:44 AM
That is what my app says for my "fertile" days the last day is supposed to be my o day

Wanting-a-girl
November 8th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Apparently maybe my colander method is not very good idea now I fee stupid lol I will test next week if af doesn't show

atomic sagebrush
November 8th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I don't temp :( sorry
I was really just relying on my calendar

oh! No don't feel stupid, it's just that without a clear rise in your temps we have no way to tell if/when you actually Oed.

I think you need to take a pg test and again in 3 days.

atomic sagebrush
November 8th, 2012, 09:49 AM
That is what my app says for my "fertile" days the last day is supposed to be my o day

Right, but that only works if you O on time.

atomic sagebrush
November 8th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Apparently maybe my colander method is not very good idea now I fee stupid lol I will test next week if af doesn't show

9 times out of 10 it works just fine, unfortunately this is that one time! :)

Wanting-a-girl
November 12th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Af showed! (happy dance) 3 days late but still showed :)

I was thinking of starting my attempts this month since getting a girl usually takes a few trie.... Do you think a month on the diet is enough? I have been doing the pep tea for a couple months tho,started aspirin last week but have lost 4lbs

What do you think?

Thanks
:)

LacePrincess
November 12th, 2012, 08:43 AM
A month on the diet is fine, 6 weeks is ideal. :)

I do think you need to be charting more carefully though. Your app is pretty useless if it's assuming you're o'ing on CD14. I don't think you were late with AF either, you just o'ed later than your app told you you should. O dates can vary a lot and month to month, so it will help you a lot to learn your body, signs, and more accurate charting.

Most of us chart on fertility friend: Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - Fertility Charting (http://www.fertilityfriend.com)

Also, pick up a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler, it's the bible of TTC and will tell you everything you need to know about charting and reading your body's fertility signs.

Wanting-a-girl
November 12th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Thanks! :) i did use the app for my 3rd pregnancy and it did work but clearly something went a little crazy last cycle

Wanting-a-girl
November 13th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I went and bought some opks and will start those on Thursday