PDA

View Full Version : What is going on with my cycle?!?!?! TMI Alert!! Hoping Atomic can help!!!

Super Mom of 6 Girls
November 8th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Nevermind

atomic sagebrush
November 8th, 2012, 10:31 AM
the fish oil is a blood thinner (as is EPO) and so it can make it easier for you to bleed - this can lead to spotting before AF, and bleeding after DTD, esp. at ovulation when your cervix is soft.

Zivic-Bubac
November 8th, 2012, 10:35 AM
EPO messed up my cycle and did nothing for EWCM so I dropped it.

LacePrincess
November 8th, 2012, 10:38 AM
I had a quick glance at your charts to see if it's possible you didn't O when you think you did, but that's a very clear ov chart. However I do see in a lot of your previous cycles you have quite a bit of spotting leading up to AF - regularly 3-4 days which is an awful lot. You really shouldn't regularly spot more than a day before AF if you don't have a super long luteal phase. That spotting could mean your lining is prematurely breaking down and it really compromises your luteal phase.

It seems to have been a pattern for you so you might want to ask your dr to run a progesterone test at 7dpo. You could very well be dealing with progesterone deficiency and a lot of this odd spotting/breakthrough bleeding could be explained by that.

Super Mom of 6 Girls
November 8th, 2012, 01:11 PM
I had a quick glance at your charts to see if it's possible you didn't O when you think you did, but that's a very clear ov chart. However I do see in a lot of your previous cycles you have quite a bit of spotting leading up to AF - regularly 3-4 days which is an awful lot. You really shouldn't regularly spot more than a day before AF if you don't have a super long luteal phase. That spotting could mean your lining is prematurely breaking down and it really compromises your luteal phase.

It seems to have been a pattern for you so you might want to ask your dr to run a progesterone test at 7dpo. You could very well be dealing with progesterone deficiency and a lot of this odd spotting/breakthrough bleeding could be explained by that.

Ok that freaks me out a little. I have never had fertility issues before. The three day spotting before AF just started in september, before that it was really just one day though there was one cycle where it was two. All of this started after I added those supplements.

Ok a little vitamin geekery here......

My prenatal contains:
vit a 4000 iu
vit c 120mg
vit d 400 iu
vit e 30 iu
vit b-1 1.7mg
Niacin 20 mg
Vit b-6 2.6mg
folic acid 800mcg
vit b-12 8mcg
calcium 200mg
iron 28mg
zinc 25mg

AND the B-100 includes:
100mg of b-1, b-2, b-3, b-6, b-12, biotin, and pantothenic acid
and I just realized this also has 400mcg of folic acid

I just keep thinking it is the supplements that are causing this because it seems my cycles have changed since starting them.

Would a Dr even order any tests seeing that I haven't been ttc very long? And who would I even go to? My previous OB had to stop delivering babies because she refused to join the giant baby practice known as the baby factory. So she is strictly gyn now. Would I go to her or would I go to the obgyns I will need to go to if I do get pregnant??

Sorry for all the questions but this stuff makes me nervous!

LacePrincess
November 8th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I'm not an expert in nutrition or vits by any means, but prenatals should not affect your cycle in ANY way. Herbs and supps might but a B-complex is pretty standard vit and many women take it to help fertility. I've never heard/read about it being linked to spotting/LPD.

Blood thinners would be suspect though, at least making your cervix much more delicate. However slight spotting like a brownish tinged CM is more what a bruised cervix would cause, dark red sounds like fresh blood.

Is the spotting just something you've had since your last baby? Remember, pregnancy and bf'ing resets your hormones every time and your cycle now from what you knew can be VERY different. Also as we get older hormones change and things can get whacky too. For me my cycles with all of my kids have been very different from each other. I used to spot for days before and after AF, and since DS3 was born I don't spot at ALL. Go figure.

I really wouldn't freak out though, progesterone deficiencies are some of the simplest things to fix but you do need to find out for sure because they can definitely keep you from conceiving or cause early m/c and you don't want that!

Super Mom of 6 Girls
November 8th, 2012, 01:30 PM
I think I always had the spotting one day before AF and one day after.

That first spotting this morning scared me, now it is just a pinkisk brownish mucus like spotting. Should I wait through this cycle or maybe schedule an appointment to see if I can get the progesterone levels checked??

LacePrincess
November 8th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Oh and your regular GP can order tests. Some are more obstinate than others, but all that spotting should be checked out no matter how long you've been TTC for. A 21 day prog test is easy and simple, and it's not like you're asking for fert meds so soon. Just make sure you go at 7dpo and NOT at 21 days unless you ov on CD14.

I still don't think your spotting has anything to do at all with your vitamins. But someone can certainly correct me if they've experienced differently!

Super Mom of 6 Girls
November 8th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Oh and your regular GP can order tests. Some are more obstinate than others, but all that spotting should be checked out no matter how long you've been TTC for. A 21 day prog test is easy and simple, and it's not like you're asking for fert meds so soon. Just make sure you go at 7dpo and NOT at 21 days unless you ov on CD14.

I still don't think your spotting has anything to do at all with your vitamins. But someone can certainly correct me if they've experienced differently!

7DPO is monday for me, maybe I should call and schedule an appointment for then? Never thought about going to my family doctor for it, it would be WAY easier to get an appointment with her. I was reading about the vitamins I am taking and all I can find is that they are all good for fertility.

LacePrincess
November 8th, 2012, 01:51 PM
I think I always had the spotting one day before AF and one day after.

That first spotting this morning scared me, now it is just a pinkisk brownish mucus like spotting. Should I wait through this cycle or maybe schedule an appointment to see if I can get the progesterone levels checked??

The one day of spotting on either side of AF is normal. It's the extended 3-4 days BEFORE AF I'd be concerned about, mostly because you're losing those extra days of healthy LP regularly. So your chart might say you have a 14 day LP (as an example) because CD1 is first day of full red flow and not spotting, but really the extra spotting days aren't 'good' LP days if that makes sense? So you're effectively getting a shorter LP.

Try not to freak, and it's always better knowing than not know if you do have any issues rather than wasting time TTC or worse losing pregnancies because of something so easily fixable. :)

Super Mom of 6 Girls
November 8th, 2012, 02:09 PM
That completely makes sense. I think I will call and schedule an appointment.

Adia
November 8th, 2012, 02:30 PM
I don't have any good answers for you but I have experienced some wackiness to my cycle too. I know for a fact that I have low progesterone and the 3 or 4 cycles after I got off BCP before I started TTC I had the 3-4 days of spotting, etc. I have noticed an increase in wackiness since I started the EPO, flaxseed. green tea, etc in August.

Good luck, hope that helps. I highly doubt you have compromised your fertility, it is most likely because we are pushing our bodies in a new/different direction.

Good luck!!

Super Mom of 6 Girls
November 8th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Ok Monday at 2:45 I have an appointment with my GP. AND let me tell you that is hard for me! Since I have been a stay at home mom for the last 12 years I have a hard time calling people. Weird I know! Now if it is for my kids I have no problem but something for me I get all anxious about it. Like even ordering pizza. Am I the only one like this?!?!

Adia
November 8th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Ok Monday at 2:45 I have an appointment with my GP. AND let me tell you that is hard for me! Since I have been a stay at home mom for the last 12 years I have a hard time calling people. Weird I know! Now if it is for my kids I have no problem but something for me I get all anxious about it. Like even ordering pizza. Am I the only one like this?!?!

Not at all! I was so much like that, I always called it social anxiety!

When we moved to Japan and I stopped working full time I was forced to get out and makes friends, or wilt and suffer alone when DH was deployed. Took me YEARS to feel confident standing on the sidewalk shooting the breeze with a neighbor but I got there eventually. One friend told me it always sounded like I was out of breath when we talked on the phone. I was having a little panic attack every time we talked, she helped me through a lot of that anxiety.

I still struggle a lot when we move and tend to hovel up in my house but I've come a long way!

Don't be hard on yourself, when you are full time mom/wife your scope of reference gets narrowed and things beyond your day to day existence can be overwhelming.

HTH!!

BTW, in June we moved to the big state in the middle from Maryland. We were in Lexington Park! I miss the seasons the eternal heat is driving me nuts!!!!

LacePrincess
November 8th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Good luck with the appt! I know how you feel about being shy on the phone, I'm like that too - I make DH call people for me if I can get away with it. ;)

Adia, it's more norm than exception to have wacky cycles for a few months after coming off BCP. Hope your prog issues have all been fixed now.

Cinss
November 8th, 2012, 04:25 PM
I think all of us blue swayers go through this wacky cycle stuff, but good news is most of us do eventually fall pregnant, so try not to worry, and just be patient, you are a fertile couple obviously, it can just take some time for everything to fall into place :)

Super Mom of 6 Girls
November 8th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Thank you everyone! I can't tell how good it feels to know that i am not the only anxious stay at home mommy!

And hopefully i get my cycles sorted out!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

atomic sagebrush
November 9th, 2012, 11:32 AM
I personally think the midcycle spotting is related to the fish oil, but always a good idea to get things checked out anyway! :)

Super Mom of 6 Girls
November 9th, 2012, 01:17 PM
I personally think the midcycle spotting is related to the fish oil, but always a good idea to get things checked out anyway! :)

I sure hope so!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2