PDA

View Full Version : TBM question

Doublechoc
March 11th, 2011, 12:45 AM
Newbie here hello.. :wave:

Secret swayer here will be attempting TBM for some pink! wondering what kind of syringes work best or maybe a pipette? Is 3ml or 5ml be better & how long should it be based on ttc pink being shallow missionary the best iykwim? I will also be doing vinegar douche in advance, same syringe?

Thanks

atomic sagebrush
March 11th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Hi and welcome!!!

Use whatever sample DH can give you and then add WARM lime at body temperature (either warm it in your bra or in lukewarm water in the sink) and start adding lime one drop at a time until the pH is 4.5. Give it a gentle swirl to mix it and keep warm (either in the warm water in the sink or in your bra again) for a few minutes (never longer than 10 minutes after adding the lime) then insert. I can't really give amounts because the amount of the sample can vary in size.

You can get a medicine dropper (looks like a turkey baster only very small) for babies at a drugstore, often for free, and I think those work quite well because you don't have to use as much force as with the syringes.

Whether you put the sample in deeply or shallowly is up to you, because you will be killing off a LOT of sperm by doing TBM anyway so you may want to give them a hand and not make them swim so far to make it to the safety of the cervix. If you are in a big hurry to get pg, I would deposit them right by the cervix. If you are willing to wait for a few months to get pg and you are more worried about conceiving an opposite, shallow is best.

Doublechoc
March 13th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Thank you for taking the time to reply, very useful.

atomic sagebrush
March 13th, 2011, 02:14 PM
You're very very welcome! Happy to help.