PDA

View Full Version : Smoking and TTC BOY, please help!

praying4boy
November 8th, 2012, 12:44 PM
hi, I am ttc boy and i do not smoke but my DH does and won't quit and doesn't believe in swaying so he of course won't take the DH supplements, only red bull an hour b4 trying. I will be o'ing next week I am taking:

-2,000 mg folic acid + prenatal
-3x a day Fertile CM
-1 fish oil
-2 tsp, 3x a day of Robitussin
-2 cups daily of green tea
-5,000 mg sodium, 3-4,000 mg potassium, lemon water, V-8, knox, HE diet, I do squats, push ups, and lift 5 lb weights with arms.

Next week I will BSF and use preseed. dual attempt after the smiley faces appear on opk....

My question is..... Will i still have a chance of getting a boy even tho DH smokes? :nails:

The Anchor
November 8th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Well my DH used to smoke...and quit when I told him it would lower our chances of conceiving a boy. BUT, turns out I was already pregnant with our DS. I don't think you need to do BSF and preseed...preseed is great for swaying boy. The rest of the supps look pretty good, have you been doing HE diet?

praying4boy
November 8th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Oh, thank u so much for replying!!! Yes well about October 10th my DH out of nowhere said he was ready for a baby#2 (we have a 4 yr old daughter, no swaying with her but I was on 1200 calorie day diet tryin to lose weight when she was concieved), I then started googling how to get preg faster, then I came across swaying. I never knew it existed. I joined IG mid oct, last month, and right away started with the diet changes, eating alot (gained 5 lbs). I salt down everything, and I eat every 2 hours...I didnt do the supplements, I bought the clear blue easy ovulation sticks with the lines last month. They are very hard to read btw. IG said DTD once and no more for a boy, so we dtd just 1 time during my fertile window. I got a BFN after AF being 2 days late, I was crushed b/c I swore I was going to get a BFP. But now come to think of it I think I didn't have enough CM last months attempt. But day 1 of AF I started the supplements. I can tell a difference right away on CM. I like this HE diet more because now i can have cheeseburger and not just the meat like I was doing on IG. Thank u again for replying it gives me hope that we can still have a boy even tho he smokes. my DH has to lift heavy objects at his jobs so im hoping the testosterone is high enough to counteract.

-Ive read about DTD 10+ hours after seeeing the smiley face on opk (I'm assumnign at night since were suppose to test in afternoons?), but when should the 2nd attempt be? (I read on GD the more attempts sway blue) IG had me scared thinking if you DTD 2x within 24 hours that will sway girl.

The Anchor
November 8th, 2012, 01:14 PM
For a boy, you should BD at least every other day starting around CD8, then, say night of + OPK, next morning, then next night. I'm putting the links on frequency here:

Frequency of intercourse (for both genders)
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...-pink-and-blue

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...frequency.html

I, personally, have only gotten +OPKs twice in my life. I gave up on them after I got pg with DS. I use the saliva microscope. The weight gain is GREAT, make sure to get lots of high quality protein with every meal. Fertile CM worked great for me for increasing EWCM. I'm going to use preseed this time (I'm on CD2 right now), there are a LOT of boys moms on here who had success with it.

praying4boy
November 8th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Thank you so much again for replying!! does the PH matter for the preseed? If we B'D every other day then won't the XY's will have died off by the time its O leaving tons of XX there when the egg drops? I read that they XY die faster then the XX do, not sure if its true or not. I think Shettles said that.

BabyCakesTor
November 8th, 2012, 01:25 PM
My ex husband smoked when we conceived both of our boys. My current husband had just quit one month before we conceived our son together....

The Anchor
November 8th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Shettles is dead! LOL. I think there's like a 30 page thread on IG with this title. I just noticed the links on my previous post didn't work.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/5636-frequency-bd-pink-blue.html

This one too:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/7691-trouble-timing.html

fish2012
November 8th, 2012, 02:17 PM
my dh used to smoke quit about 3 years before my DS 1 conceived and we have two boys.........try and hide them for a week ;-0

good luck

Zivic-Bubac
November 8th, 2012, 02:47 PM
I'm trying to count how many couples with sons I know where either both of them smoke or just DH/DW - at least 6 of them.
DH and I never smoked and here we are with 3 girls :mad:

Regarding your sway: DO NOT do BSF, it will reduce your chances to get pg and absolutely USE PRESEED :agree:
There are so many successful boy sways here with use of PreSeed.

praying4boy
November 8th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Thank you all the ladies who replied!!!!! zivic u mentioned that BSF can reduce chances of getting preg.. how does it happen? does it reduce cm? I read the thread posted that Atomic said you can mix a tiny bit of baking soda in preseed to get it to jump to PH 8... is that ok to do? last month I did BSF alot and I didnt get preg, it did make my ph go from 6.5 to 8.5. but if it hurts my chances i wont b using it since this is ttc month#2.

Wanting-a-girl
November 8th, 2012, 03:36 PM
I smoked and DH smoked with all three of my boys!

XXdreaming
November 8th, 2012, 03:41 PM
my husband smoked with ds1 and ds2 but quit about 6months before we conceived ds3 and he was yrs free of smoking when we conceived ds4, so either way didnt matter for us lol

Momofboys
December 11th, 2012, 09:20 AM
I was with all my boys and am still a smoker. Don't hate ;) I quit when I get a bfp. My ex was a smoker and current SO is smoker as well. Bad habit!!!! FYI: we don't smoke in our house or car or anywhere around our kids... I can just see some ladies shaking their heads thinking wow houseful of kids houseful of smoke.. Absolutely not!!