PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody tell the best cereal to have while ttc boy

wantason
March 11th, 2011, 09:47 AM
I am all confused about the type of cereal to be consumed while ttc boy. Almost all cereals except rice crispies have lots of calciu,m and magnesium in them. In the studies also they have not published about the type of cereal eaten by the women who conceived boys. which brand you all have kelloggs / nestle what??
Please help!!!!!!

ELP
March 11th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Hello wantason, which country are you in? I think the best cereals are the wheat based ones, so wheaties, shredded wheat, weetabix plus things like muesli and porridge/oatmeal.

If you read around the site you'll find that a few us swaying blue aren't doing the no calcium, magnesium option as there are more studies showing that they actually help with ttc blue!!! Hopefully someone with a few more suggestions will be along soon x

LolaInLove
March 11th, 2011, 01:10 PM
I eat high protein and high nutrient cereals like Kashi....but of course, I haven't gotten a boy.....YET!

atomic sagebrush
March 11th, 2011, 01:32 PM
When I TTC DS 3 I ate massive bowls of Wheaties with milk every night. And 1/2 cup magnesium-packed nuts for breakfast every morning. I'm not a big believer in the no calcium = blue idea because it's never worked for me and there is a very good study (the breakfast cereal one) that found moms of boys ate more nutrients across the board (including calcium). That having been said I TOTALLY understand wanting to hedge one's bets and avoid calcium/magnesium.

Rice Krispies/corn flakes/sugary cereals I do not think are good for blue regardless of their mineral content, because they are digested superfast, make your blood sugar rise sky high and then plummet. For blue you want nice even blood sugar that NEVER gets low.

I think oatmeal is best for blue because there is a chemical in oatmeal that helps raise testosterone. Yes, oatmeal does have some calcium and quite a lot of magnesium however, and it also has no sodium (but it can be added.) Shredded Wheat is very low in both calcium and magnesium and high in protein so a good choice, but has no sodium. Wheaties are also good because they are digested more slowly than other cereals and have a lot of salt, though they have some calcium and quite a bit of magnesium.

TTC5
March 11th, 2011, 03:20 PM
I have been having rice bubbles with this sway.

atomic sagebrush
March 11th, 2011, 04:03 PM
I have been having rice bubbles with this sway.

They are fine IF you have some protein along with them to slow down the digestion of the carbs.

TTC5
March 11th, 2011, 04:25 PM
I have been having some red meat an hour later is that ok? Or you think it is too late after?

ELP
March 11th, 2011, 04:31 PM
I'm not a big believer in the calcium = blue idea because it's never worked for me and there is a very good study (the breakfast cereal one) that found moms of boys ate more nutrients across the board (including calcium).

Did you mean pink here AS.

TTC5
March 11th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Think she means Calcium (as in no calcium) sways blue

atomic sagebrush
March 12th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Did you mean pink here AS.

Yes! Darn it!

wantason
March 12th, 2011, 11:30 AM
hi all ,, thanks alot for all the suggestions.. ll now look for an oatmeal or wheaty one ...... ya i also think good nutrients help getting pregnant. I had conceived my daughter in one go .. but now after swaying i know my body is not well fed for the implantation. Last month i got +ve hpt but 2 days later got AF also.... deficient in B!@ & vitamin D. So am all gearing up on that nutrients part now ... thanx alot!!!!!!!

TTC5
March 12th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I have a question regarding milk for cereal.. if avoiding calcium which does IG diet recommend? I have compared the labels of rice, soy, oat milks and all say 300mg?????

atomic sagebrush
March 13th, 2011, 01:30 PM
TTC5, did you happen to see the thing I wrote comparing all the various forms of milk yesterday?

They used to recommend unfortified rice milk which as of three years ago, they still sold (in the baking section). But I'm not sure they sell it any more because I looked for it at the store the other day and couldn't find it.

From the IG FAQ - "You can replace milk with Rice milk (with 2% calcium or less). It is slightly acidic so if your pH is working then don't use."

TTC5
March 13th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Same here Atomic can not find unfortified rice milk here either?
I can not have dairy due to intolerances so my choices are rice, soy, oat and almond. I have tried all but the almond so far. Which do you think would be better of all those? It all confused me so much =(

atomic sagebrush
March 13th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Oat is best. Did you see the recipes for making your own?? That may be our only option if we don't want the calcium.

TTC5
March 13th, 2011, 07:24 PM
No I didn't see that??? Where can I find this? =D

atomic sagebrush
March 14th, 2011, 09:39 AM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1829-Many-Marvelous-Milks!-For-Pink-and-Blue.

The recipe links are at the bottom of the milk info.

Zivic-Bubac
March 19th, 2011, 06:22 PM
How about rye with banana and yoghurt? I've read Dr John D'adamo's book " Eat Right for Your Type" about the blood group diet method and he claimes that cereals are generally bad idea for 0 blood type ( which is my blood type) because they will result in low pH, except for the rye, but only like 3 times a week, if I remember right. Cereals work the best for A blood type, 7 days a week.
Should I switch to oat?

TTC5
March 20th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Thanks Atomic!
I am now converted to almond.. expensive but I like it and think it is a better optionm that soy? Being a nut too am feeling more toward it than rice or oat milk.

atomic sagebrush
March 20th, 2011, 12:23 PM
How about rye with banana and yoghurt? I've read Dr John D'adamo's book " Eat Right for Your Type" about the blood group diet method and he claimes that cereals are generally bad idea for 0 blood type ( which is my blood type) because they will result in low pH, except for the rye, but only like 3 times a week, if I remember right. Cereals work the best for A blood type, 7 days a week.
Should I switch to oat?

I ~personally~ think oat is good because it has the avenocasides that raise testosterone. But, if you prefer the rye I'm sure that would be great too. It sounds very healthy with lots of nutrients and that's what you want for TTC blue.

The only downside to rye is that it has phytosterols which may act to lower testosterone but you have to take medicinal qualities. Eating a few slices of bread is NOT going to lower your testosterone.

I keep meaning to order that book, do you like it??

Zivic-Bubac
March 20th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Yes, I like it, but I find it VERY difficult to stick with recommended foods for certain blood type, especially since me and DD 2 are 0 blood type, and DH and DD 1 are A blood type. A type are "natural vegetarians' and 0 are "carnivors' according to the book.
So I would have to cook completely diff meals to meat our needs.
Book has detailed intro about blood types, red blood cells, blood types and demographics etc. It also has many examples of cured chronical disease/states by changing the diet, there is 1 example of cured infertility. The author also gives lists of recommended food divided in groups: dairy, cereals, meat,..... in a very organized way ( is the word synoptical?)

BTW, I will switch to oat:agree:

ThinkPink
March 20th, 2011, 04:59 PM
FWIW when I concieved my DS I was eating huge bowls of kelloggs special K!!

atomic sagebrush
March 21st, 2011, 11:41 AM
Yes, I like it, but I find it VERY difficult to stick with recommended foods for certain blood type, especially since me and DD 2 are 0 blood type, and DH and DD 1 are A blood type. A type are "natural vegetarians' and 0 are "carnivors' according to the book.
So I would have to cook completely diff meals to meat our needs.
Book has detailed intro about blood types, red blood cells, blood types and demographics etc. It also has many examples of cured chronical disease/states by changing the diet, there is 1 example of cured infertility. The author also gives lists of recommended food divided in groups: dairy, cereals, meat,..... in a very organized way ( is the word synoptical?)

BTW, I will switch to oat:agree:

Ok I will buy it then and see if we can incorporate any of it into our sway!

I have a book about curing infertility through diet as well and it is based on protein, healthy fats, lots of fruits and veg, whole grains,and keeping blood sugar even, just like the TTC blue diet!! I like that these things all agree.

That is so rough trying to make different diets for the whole family! GL!

atomic sagebrush
March 21st, 2011, 11:42 AM
FWIW when I concieved my DS I was eating huge bowls of kelloggs special K!!

Another friend of mine did the same thing recently! Maybe the Special K is really "Special B" for boys!

TTC5
March 24th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Another friend of mine did the same thing recently! Maybe the Special K is really "Special B" for boys!

Oh, if only it were as simple as taking one food and voila! hehe

atomic sagebrush
March 25th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Yes that would make all our lives so much easier wouldn't it! But old Mother Nature has too many tricks up her sleeve!!

TulleExplosion
March 25th, 2011, 08:22 PM
What about Bran Flakes?

atomic sagebrush
March 26th, 2011, 11:57 AM
They are great! The only thing I would say is to take any fat/oil supplements (like Fish oil, EPO, or vitamins A, D, E) at a different time of day because the fiber can absorb the fat and carry it out of your digestive tract.

Please read http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1628-Complete-guide-to-taking-supplements!&highlight=complete+guide+supplements for more info.

WMB
March 29th, 2011, 11:30 AM
I eat rice krispies with coffe mate and water. (no milk)for months... well did not helped for me.

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2011, 01:24 PM
I'm sorry it didn't work out for you!

Hey, I hope you check out the milk thread, I don't think Coffeemate is the way to go for blue. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1829-Many-Marvelous-Milks!-For-Pink-and-Blue.

purplepoet20
March 29th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Just this morning my hubby and I were talking about diets and swaying.... he brought up that both times our boys were conceived we were on vacation.

DS1 we were in Mexico for 2wks. We ate bacon, eggs, and pancakes for breakfast everyday. Mostly mexican breads for lunch/snack. And a lot of seafood for dinner. We had beer with chips and salsa everynight.

DS2 we were in Las Vegas for the wk of conception. We ate bagels or bacon and eggs for breakfast. Fast food junk for lunch. And buffets for dinner.

Now I know what not to do..... no vacations :) well at least while TTC because we go to Las Vegas to see in-laws every month or more!

WMB
March 30th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Tnx a lot. I read it but if I ever try again for blue im sure I will not drink coffe mate lol. I don't really like milk anyway and don't eat much cereal. Some cheese and yogurt , that's it.

purplepoet20
March 30th, 2011, 10:59 AM
I would say eat more then 2 servings sounds bad but the more you eat the higher your blood sugar is!

atomic sagebrush
March 30th, 2011, 12:37 PM
That is the benefit of TTC boy - you SHOULD be eating more than two servings LOL!

Zivic-Bubac
April 3rd, 2011, 04:39 PM
I can only find oat flakes - are they OK? I eat them with squashed banana, chopped dried figs and few drops of full-fat yogurt. I tried to cook them to make oatmeal but it wasn't eatable:p

I guess oatmeal is not supposed to be made from oat flakes?

atomic sagebrush
April 3rd, 2011, 05:00 PM
Yes, oats have a chemical in them that raise testosterone! Very good esp. with the figs!!!!

I make oatmeal with something called "rolled oats".

Flava
April 27th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Hello wantason, which country are you in? I think the best cereals are the wheat based ones, so wheaties, shredded wheat, weetabix plus things like muesli and porridge/oatmeal.

If you read around the site you'll find that a few us swaying blue aren't doing the no calcium, magnesium option as there are more studies showing that they actually help with ttc blue!!! Hopefully someone with a few more suggestions will be along soon x

I just don't like wheat cereals at all (yucky face smiley here) so I guess no cereal for me then

Roonarpia
April 27th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Don't know if this was already suggested but I ate Rice Krispies with Vanilla Coffee Creamer on them.

Flava
April 27th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Don't know if this was already suggested but I ate Rice Krispies with Vanilla Coffee Creamer on them.

I did the same for a long time and got DD4...I don't really like cereal so maybe I just eat bagel eggs ect. anyway it didn't helped me before.

iyamaryam
April 28th, 2011, 09:51 AM
I had oatmeal with cashews, raisins and coffemate every morning for eight months b4 swaying. This is of topic but my dh developed a love for oatmeal in the past three years, he eats it at least 2x daily sometimes 3x, and i noticed his ph was always 9+ everytime i tested. I don't know if it had anything with his obsession with oatmeal but the tech told me 95% boy at my ultrasound. Another significant change from when we had d girls was that he quit drinking soda and eating sugar.

Flava
April 28th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I had oatmeal with cashews, raisins and coffemate every morning for eight months b4 swaying. This is of topic but my dh developed a love for oatmeal in the past three years, he eats it at least 2x daily sometimes 3x, and i noticed his ph was always 9+ everytime i tested. I don't know if it had anything with his obsession with oatmeal but the tech told me 95% boy at my ultrasound. Another significant change from when we had d girls was that he quit drinking soda and eating sugar.

He eats the oatmeal with milk? Hmm I have oatmeal and we almost never eat it. But now I think I will cook some lol
Also we where HUUUUUUUGE diet pepsi drinkers and we quit that for like 3 weeks now and eat almost no sugar. HTH us too!

iyamaryam
April 28th, 2011, 01:42 PM
He eats the oatmeal with milk? Hmm I have oatmeal and we almost never eat it. But now I think I will cook some lol
Also we where HUUUUUUUGE diet pepsi drinkers and we quit that for like 3 weeks now and eat almost no sugar. HTH us too!

Yes, he eats his with milk, he just loves that stuff.

My Fabulous Children
April 28th, 2011, 01:55 PM
I did the same for a long time and got DD4...I don't really like cereal so maybe I just eat bagel eggs ect. anyway it didn't helped me before.

I don't like any cereal at all. I tried eating it with my DS sway, but I coudn't eat..I just eat eggs etc.

My Fabulous Children
April 28th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Flava, My DH and I are both big Pepsi drinkers!!! and it is so hard to quit. I don't worry much about him he can have 2-3 can a week, but for me its no no. (trying). :hair:

Flava
April 28th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I don't like any cereal at all. I tried eating it with my DS sway, but I coudn't eat..I just eat eggs etc.

lol same here Z! But oatmeal is ok and I like grits ( not the one we can get here I buy this very fine grits from the European store here) and we eat it sweet and not salty or with cheese and so on...

gizmo77
April 28th, 2011, 02:24 PM
what about oatmeal with water? tasty?

ELP
April 28th, 2011, 03:53 PM
what about oatmeal with water? tasty?I make mine with water but add a splash of milk on it to eat. I've also been adding raisins/sultanas to it instead of sugar to sweeten they are a great source of potassium;):agree:

begonia
April 28th, 2011, 07:56 PM
I just added it to the "Favorite foods for TTC boy" thread, but quinoa might be a great add for a breakfast! The first time I ever made it was actually a breakfast version ... cooked it in OJ, threw in raisins and almonds, and topped with a bit of milk. It has 470 mg potassium in a serving, 12g protein and 6g fiber. It does have 4% DV calcium if you're watching that intake.

Iammaryam was that your breakfast DURING swaying months, or only before you actually started swaying? Sorry if I'm being dense. I'm pretty sure you mean you didn't eat it for your sway. But it sounds like it would be a good sway breakfast is why I'm confused! Congrats on that baby boy!!!

Flava I can't do sweet grits! I grew up with them salty ... as a kid they were always cheese and we had them with shrimp or steak! So to me grits with sugar just seems like crazy talk!

TTC5
April 28th, 2011, 09:50 PM
what is oatmeal? Is it the same as what us Australians call "porridge or rolled oats/ 2 min oats?"

iyamaryam
April 28th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Iammaryam was that your breakfast DURING swaying months, or only before you actually started swaying? Sorry if I'm being dense. I'm pretty sure you mean you didn't eat it for your sway. But it sounds like it would be a good sway breakfast is why I'm confused! Congrats on that baby boy!!! Thanks hun, before swaying I used to skip breakfast altogether, grew up that way. The two difficult things abt swaying 4 me was eating brkfst and all that salt, d result, I gained 30 pounds even b4 i got a bfp. I continued brkfast until bfp n even now though eat variety now.

iyamaryam
April 29th, 2011, 02:57 AM
I make mine with water but add a splash of milk on it to eat. I've also been adding raisins/sultanas to it instead of sugar to sweeten they are a great source of potassium;):agree::agree:

ELP
April 29th, 2011, 03:59 AM
what is oatmeal? Is it the same as what us Australians call "porridge or rolled oats/ 2 min oats?"

Yes:agree: To me (UK) its porridge aswell:)

TTC5
April 29th, 2011, 04:00 AM
Thanks guys! So when you guys say you add peanut butter how exactly do you do that? Do you make your porridge up with hot milk and stir it through or what>?

ELP
April 29th, 2011, 04:11 AM
I made mine with water, added a tablespoon of peanut butter and a splash of milk on top. It wasn't something I would try again like that, BUT, I was/am avoiding extra sugar atm so I didn't sweeten it, if I make it again which I probably will, then I'll add the raisins/sultanas to sweeten, it should be pretty nice:agree:

TTC5
April 29th, 2011, 05:28 AM
Cool! I will have to try this =)

Flava
April 30th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Flava I can't do sweet grits! I grew up with them salty ... as a kid they were always cheese and we had them with shrimp or steak! So to me grits with sugar just seems like crazy talk!
lol same here only the other way ! we grew up with sweet grits , I can't believe some one eat it salty! so I guess what ever they feed us lol

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 02:19 PM
Thanks guys! So when you guys say you add peanut butter how exactly do you do that? Do you make your porridge up with hot milk and stir it through or what>?

I make my "porridge" with water and then spoon in two spoonfulls of peanut butter and then some sugar to sweeten it. I don't bother with milk, because it tastes good without it.

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 02:21 PM

That's fine MyFab, I really really thing (as does the researcher who did the study) that the link between cereal and boys is really a link between BREAKFAST and boys, and it's just a coincidence because a lot of people eat cereal with breakfast. So whatever you like as long as you eat breakfast.

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 02:27 PM
what about oatmeal with water? tasty?

I prefer oatmeal made with water. I never put milk in or on mine. I do put butter in it though.

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 02:30 PM
I just don't like wheat cereals at all (yucky face smiley here) so I guess no cereal for me then

Do you think you can stand the oatmeal? If anything oat cereals are better than wheat anyway.

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 02:33 PM

I REALLY urge people not to go the coffee-mate route for TTC blue. I know it worked out for you Roon and I'm so glad it did, but those coffee creamers are laden with gross chemicals and no nutrients, and too many chemicals in your body may sway pink, not blue. Plus the lack of nutrients makes it just empty cals.

I don't love rice krispies either because they burn off almost immediately and make your blood sugar crash - I'd much rather you ate something that had a bit more protein/fiber in it so your blood sugar stays higher for longer.

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 02:34 PM

Aaah I just saw this and that is GREAT NEWS! I'm so happy for you guys! Oatmeal with cashews and raisins sounds really yummy!!

gizmo77
May 3rd, 2011, 02:07 PM
I make mine with water but add a splash of milk on it to eat. I've also been adding raisins/sultanas to it instead of sugar to sweeten they are a great source of potassium;):agree:

im defly going to try this. i wont be able to get dh to do it tho. he is not a fan of 'mushy' things. but he does eat raisin bran every day. thats somethng!
any particular brand of oatmeal ppl likehere? ive had quaker oats...

iyamaryam
May 3rd, 2011, 03:49 PM
im defly going to try this. i wont be able to get dh to do it tho. he is not a fan of 'mushy' things. but he does eat raisin bran every day. thats somethng!
any particular brand of oatmeal ppl likehere? ive had quaker oats...I too had quaker oats, we buy the big box from costco, way cheaper.

iluvmyman
May 4th, 2011, 02:25 AM
TTC5, did you happen to see the thing I wrote comparing all the various forms of milk yesterday?

They used to recommend unfortified rice milk which as of three years ago, they still sold (in the baking section). But I'm not sure they sell it any more because I looked for it at the store the other day and couldn't find it.

From the IG FAQ - "You can replace milk with Rice milk (with 2% calcium or less). It is slightly acidic so if your pH is working then don't use."

I bought some at Safeway in the health food area, I thought it was unfortified but can be for sure.

ThroughWithBlue
May 4th, 2011, 03:27 AM
Thought I'd throw it in, I ate weight control oatmeal while both of my sons were concieved. I've seen a couple people on here list oatmeal. It will keep you full til after lunch time though!

Flava
May 4th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Do you think you can stand the oatmeal? If anything oat cereals are better than wheat anyway.

I have Quaker Oats (old fashioned) buyed this when I was BF and cooked it every morning to have more BM.(did not helped)
Anyway I can eat it but I cook it with milk..(how dose it taste with water???)
It is ok to add some cinnamon ?:think:

Also got 2 different special K cereal I was thinking maybe for night time... wanted to buy almond milk but didn't because it says 45% calcium on the box! The regular milk is 35%! So what now? (because some girls drink the almond milk here)
So oat cereals are better. I don't know about it a thing have to find some!
TIA!

TTC5
May 7th, 2011, 09:33 AM
I have Quaker Oats (old fashioned) buyed this when I was BF and cooked it every morning to have more BM.(did not helped)

Also got 2 different special K cereal I was thinking maybe for night time... wanted to buy almond milk but didn't because it says 45% calcium on the box! The regular milk is 35%! So what now? (because some girls drink the almond milk here)
TIA!

I think almond is great even if it has higher calcium it is from nuts so better for testosterone am sure Atomic agrees too?

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2011, 09:06 AM
any particular brand of oatmeal ppl likehere? ive had quaker oats...

ALL oats have the avenocasides (the ingredient in oatmeal that raises testosterone) so just use whatever you like.

If you don't care for the texture of regular old Quaker oats, you can try steel-cut Scottish/Irish oatmeal (McCanns or Bob's Red Mill are the brands I've seen for sale) - the oats are not squashed flat like Quaker and they are not so mushy when cooked. But Raisin Bran is fine as well!! My DH goes thorugh phases where he eats Raisin Bran by the ton!!

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2011, 09:08 AM
I too had quaker oats, we buy the big box from costco, way cheaper.

Yes it is MUCH cheaper at Costco! They also sometimes have the steel-cut oats there in a big bag.

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2011, 09:14 AM

TIA!

Cheerios are oat-based if you like those.

The prob. with all the milk alternatives is that they are all calcium-fortified so you have to just use them sparingly if you are concerned about minerals. There is also the Coffeemate idea but I really think that stuff is not good for a blue sway.

I think the benefits of the almond milk outweigh the calcium (you are not going to be drinking that much anyway, just enough to moisten your cereal)

I ALWAYS make oatmeal with water. I think it tastes weird with milk. A little cinnamon is just fine.

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2011, 09:14 AM
I think almond is great even if it has higher calcium it is from nuts so better for testosterone am sure Atomic agrees too?

Yes, exactly. Has healthy fats, more nutrients, and also protein.

lightofmylife
May 9th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Cheerios are oat-based if you like those.

Ohh i can have honey-nut Cheerios ??? i love it. my dh loves raisin barn but i cant consume it.

atomic sagebrush
May 9th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Ohh i can have honey-nut Cheerios ??? i love it. my dh loves raisin barn but i cant consume it.

You bet!!! :agree: You should try to eat at least a bit of protein along with it if you can, though.

lightofmylife
May 9th, 2011, 02:55 PM
You bet!!! :agree: You should try to eat at least a bit of protein along with it if you can, though.
i will ... thanks a lott :)

Flava
May 13th, 2011, 05:52 PM

Can you say some ideas about the protein with the cheerios? I got it and eat it with the almond milk( now this do not taste like almond:suprise: more like nothing at all)
I still bad about eating in the first 30 min. after wake up.:rolleyes: I try but when I look at the clock it's way over 30 min....or I just forget it.:mad: Im happy I have time to learn this.

What do you think about "All bran" and "Just right" cereals? I have it on this "food that contain potassium" list . And this 2 type got the most points. (the list goes by point)

And why is not ok to drink a coffee on the morning? I drink one with a little milk and sugar.

Plum3
May 24th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Can you say some ideas about the protein with the cheerios? I got it and eat it with the almond milk( now this do not taste like almond:suprise: more like nothing at all)
I still bad about eating in the first 30 min. after wake up.:rolleyes: I try but when I look at the clock it's way over 30 min....or I just forget it.:mad: Im happy I have time to learn this.

What do you think about "All bran" and "Just right" cereals? I have it on this "food that contain potassium" list . And this 2 type got the most points. (the list goes by point)

And why is not ok to drink a coffee on the morning? I drink one with a little milk and sugar.

Bump.

daisyfay311
May 24th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I eat bran cereal or Wheaties in the evenings as my before bedtime snack. In the mornings, I've been having Kashi GoLean cereal and/or GoLean crunch. It has lots of potassium and some protein. But I'm a little worried about the soy in it. ???

TTC5
May 24th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Flava just right would be better than all bran i would say as it has sultanas, right?

Flava
May 26th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Flava just right would be better than all bran i would say as it has sultanas, right?

All brain has the highest points 16 and Just right is 10 sultana bran is 7. But anyway what is sultanas?

daisy: i don't know about the soy but i would not take any for sure.

TTC5
May 26th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Saltanas are dried out grapes :) Bit like Raisins.

purplepoet20
May 27th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Crazy about the milk and cereal... the only milk I like to drink with cereal and maybe with cookies is whole milk. And ice cream everynight before bed... all around conceiving the boys. And I drank 1/4- 1/2 a gallon while pregnant with DS1 and now he is allergic to dairy.

5 days a week I ate some type of frosted wheat cereal with whole milk. Realized recently I was eating 2-2 1/2 servings of cereal with a full cup of milk. On the weekends I made 2 slices of bacon and 1 diced potatoe mixed with - 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1 egg, garlic, onion, basil, and hot sauce (for extra fat throw in a teaspoon of bacon grease).

TTC5
May 28th, 2011, 02:45 AM
Yum that sounds delicious!

Flava
May 29th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Saltanas are dried out grapes :) Bit like Raisins.

thanks!

Flava
May 29th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Crazy about the milk and cereal... the only milk I like to drink with cereal and maybe with cookies is whole milk. And ice cream everynight before bed... all around conceiving the boys. And I drank 1/4- 1/2 a gallon while pregnant with DS1 and now he is allergic to dairy.

5 days a week I ate some type of frosted wheat cereal with whole milk. Realized recently I was eating 2-2 1/2 servings of cereal with a full cup of milk. On the weekends I made 2 slices of bacon and 1 diced potatoe mixed with - 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1 egg, garlic, onion, basil, and hot sauce (for extra fat throw in a teaspoon of bacon grease).

Im also eating cereal with whole milk now because I just can't stand the almond milk http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smiley_faces/yuk-smiley-face.gif (http://emoticoner.com) for some reason i don't like ice cream a lot. But love your weekend food LOL

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 09:02 AM

Thank you for sharing! That is a lot like what I ate, for bedtime snacks I used to have a HUGE bowl of cereal with berries and milk. Day after day I ate that. When I didn't have that, I had a huge bowl of full fat natural yogurt with berries. Everyone says, oh maybe you weren't eating that much dairy but I seriously was!

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 09:06 AM
Im also eating cereal with whole milk now because I just can't stand the almond milk http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smiley_faces/yuk-smiley-face.gif (http://emoticoner.com) for some reason i don't like ice cream a lot. But love your weekend food LOL

I agree Flava, I don't like the almond milk much either. The coconut milk is good though if you don't trust the whole milk.

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 09:09 AM

If you have milk with the Cheerios, that is protein and is just fine. :agree:

The Bran cereals are fine, so long as you don't take your vitamins (esp. Vit D, E, and the oils) at the same time because they can sweep the fats and fatsoluble vitamins, out of your digestive tract.
Coffee in the morning is fine so long as it's not JUST coffee. You need to eat some actual food or else your blood sugar tends to crash really low and that is not what you want for TTC blue.

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 09:10 AM
Bump.

Thanks for bumping, I missed that post!

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 09:17 AM
I eat bran cereal or Wheaties in the evenings as my before bedtime snack. In the mornings, I've been having Kashi GoLean cereal and/or GoLean crunch. It has lots of potassium and some protein. But I'm a little worried about the soy in it. ???

I am nervous about the Kashi products for that very reason, the soy protein. It may be perfectly fine but until I see data that totally puts my mind at ease, I think it's better to avoid the highly processed artificial soy proteins (although tofu, miso, and soy sauce are ok) in favor of naturally occuring proteins that are found in meats, eggs, dairy, and nuts.

PS - I found an energy bar that does not contain soy, Larabar. http://www.larabar.com/ I hear they are supertiny, but they are all-natural and for an occasional snack on the go, it may be a good weapon to have in your arsenal (or your diaper bag!!)

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 09:19 AM
All brain has the highest points 16 and Just right is 10 sultana bran is 7. But anyway what is sultanas?

Sultanas are what we call "golden raisins" and they are GREAT for blue! :agree: Feel free to add some sultanas, reg. raisins, sliced almonds, walnuts, etc to any cereal that you like, to make it even more boy friendly.

begonia
June 3rd, 2011, 09:21 AM
PS - I found an energy bar that does not contain soy, Larabar. http://www.larabar.com/ I hear they are supertiny, but they are all-natural and for an occasional snack on the go, it may be a good weapon to have in your arsenal (or your diaper bag!!)

The Larabars are great! I don't think they are tiny; I think they are about the size of a normal granola bar. But they are perfect (IMO) for a boy sway since there are zero artificial ingredients ... they are 100% fruit (dates, raisins, etc) and nuts. They don't have a ton of protein like the bars with soy, but most are around 5-7 grams with around 300 mg potassium. I think for women who aren't used to eating breakfast they are a great easy choice.

Flava
June 3rd, 2011, 09:35 AM
Thanks!
I will add some dry fruit to my cereal now. But I eat every day dry fruit and/or nuts. We buy this big box of mixed salted nuts in sams club.

Where can we buy larabars?

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 12:34 PM
The Larabars are great! I don't think they are tiny; I think they are about the size of a normal granola bar. But they are perfect (IMO) for a boy sway since there are zero artificial ingredients ... they are 100% fruit (dates, raisins, etc) and nuts. They don't have a ton of protein like the bars with soy, but most are around 5-7 grams with around 300 mg potassium. I think for women who aren't used to eating breakfast they are a great easy choice.

Oh that's good to know, since I haven't seen them myself I was just going off what I read.

ITA about the protein in Larabars - they don't have as much protein as some bars do but they are 100% real live food and nothing manufactured in a lab.

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 12:35 PM
Thanks!
I will add some dry fruit to my cereal now. But I eat every day dry fruit and/or nuts. We buy this big box of mixed salted nuts in sams club.

Where can we buy larabars?

I saw that they have them in Costco and they might have them in Sam's Club. Otherwise you'll have to get them online, with the advantage that you can get some of the other flavors (banana bread!)

begonia
June 3rd, 2011, 06:12 PM
Flava I have seen them at Costco too, but I can also find them at regular old grocery stores in the health food section or the cereal section.

Atomic they do make a tiny snack size one, and a regular size one too. The tiny ones are only about 100 calories and like 3 bites big, LOL! Regardless I'm glad you brought it up because I'd been meaning to mention them to the TTC boy group. I took a ton of them on our vacay to snack on.

Flava
June 4th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Thanks I will check it out in sams club. We don't have costco here.

Flava
June 5th, 2011, 06:59 PM
I got Larabars today from sams club. Only eat 1 it was cherry pie but OMG this is so good! For sure I can eat this every day.
Hope it's ok on the morning too because it's soft I eat this better then the little breakfast bags with nuts.

I think I will order some online too with different flavors. Where would be the best to order /$ I think?

gizmo77
June 6th, 2011, 02:21 PM

highest points??? what points?

Flava
June 6th, 2011, 04:58 PM
highest points??? what points?

Some 1 posted a food list here high in potassium and it counts by points. 16 was the highest for cereal and it was all brain.

atomic sagebrush
June 12th, 2011, 01:34 PM
I got Larabars today from sams club. Only eat 1 it was cherry pie but OMG this is so good! For sure I can eat this every day.
Hope it's ok on the morning too because it's soft I eat this better then the little breakfast bags with nuts.

I think I will order some online too with different flavors. Where would be the best to order /$ I think?

Prob. Amazon.

I did find some at Safeway and they were only 75 cents because they were on sale! Maybe I should go buy all of them hahaha. They had cherry pie (OMG I agree - so good!!!), Cashew, peanut butter (also very very good esp. the cashew), apple pie and banana bread (haven't tried these yet.)

Also, the Odwalla bars that are NOT advertised as high-protein bars like the blueberry ones, have SOME protein that is not soy based and they are also on sale for 75 cents. Check the labels, if you see "soy lecithin" that is ok, it's just a chemical in chocolate, and soy nuts are also ok because you won't eat much of them in any one bar, but if you see "isolated soy protein" those are the ones to be avoided.