PDA

View Full Version : Minerals?

3Pink1Blue
March 11th, 2011, 03:19 PM
So as a IG nerd I have been psychotically tracking my minerals. Everything here seems to agree we need to limit calcium, chow those potatoes and salt things like mad but is the tracking not as necessary as we were led to believe?

TTC5
March 11th, 2011, 03:21 PM
I tracked for 3 days now I do not - unless I bring in a change/new food and want to get a basic idea!

atomic sagebrush
March 11th, 2011, 04:07 PM
So as a IG nerd I have been psychotically tracking my minerals. Everything here seems to agree we need to limit calcium, chow those potatoes and salt things like mad but is the tracking not as necessary as we were led to believe?

Real fast for now because I have to run, but I am not convinced on the calcium thing at all (after conceiving 4 sons eating tons of calcium), but I keep it in because so many people believe in it.

I don't think it's at all necessary to track your minerals.

LolaInLove
March 14th, 2011, 11:09 AM
:rofl: Happy Monday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZEdDMQZaCU

3Pink1Blue
March 14th, 2011, 12:24 PM
:agree::rofl:

atomic sagebrush
March 15th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Ah finally I found this thread again! It was like it vanished LOL!!

Anyway, like I was saying, I'm not totally convinced on calcium. Someone needs to do blind, side by side studies of all these things to see what is really and truly swaying. If the low sodium aspect of these diets is what is swaying strongly pink, then eating high amounts of calcium may not help and may even hurt. People who are on the IG diet may be eating less calories and less nutrients and that may be what is swaying pink. We have no way of knowing.

Most of the studies that have been done have not been blind, there have not been control groups...you can't tell people who want a boy to eat one diet and people who want a girl to eat another and then judge the results, at least not from a scientific viewpoint. Because if they know in advance that researchers are "expecting" that they will eat a lot of calcium to conceive a girl, they may report their diet totally differently and not write down all the times they cheated. People might have been doing other things like timing, douching, or lowering sperm count to sway, we don't know whether they did or not. I'm not saying it doesn't work, just that the studies that have been done are not at all reliable.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?610-the-calcium-conundrum-CONTROVERSIAL&highlight=calcium+conundrum

atomic sagebrush
March 15th, 2011, 11:23 AM
LOL I totally went off on a tangent there, but my original point was that we can encorporate all the various things that are said to sway into a lower protein, lower nutrient, lower calorie, lower fat, lower sodium diet and end up with a pretty kick ass sway.

3Pink1Blue
March 15th, 2011, 02:47 PM
But for boy we would want higher protein, nutrient, calories, fat and sodium right? The lower is girl.

atomic sagebrush
March 16th, 2011, 09:45 AM
:oops::sigh:Yes, somehow I thought I was answering a pink swayer for a second there. I even rem. thinking that LOL.

For blue, HIGHER protein, nutrients, fat, calories, sodium. :wink: And then we can incorporate all the other aspects of the traditional sway to whatever extent it doesn't interfere with that.