PDA

View Full Version : I wish she'd stop saying that.

1pinkwish
December 23rd, 2010, 04:57 PM
My IL says, whenever any mention of this baby's gender is brought up, "It doesn't matter. We'll love it no matter what it is."

Um, yes!! We will!!! And NEVER once have I said differently, so I wish YOU would stop saying that as if I've ever implied that I won't love my child because of his/her gender. Or even that I will love it MORE if it is a girl, ya know!

People just can't seem to understand that "hoping" for a certain gender doesn't take anything away from the child that you get.

I just get so sick of people stating of the obvious here! OF COURSE, we want it healthy!! And OF COURSE, we are going to love it REGARDLESS!!! But, what does it hurt to "hope" that it will be a certain gender too?!

My 3 Sons!
December 26th, 2010, 04:59 PM
You are exactly right. You will love it - boy or girl but you will be thrilled if it is a girl as it means that forever around your dining table their will be a sister and a daughter in your family which will provide a great balance for you all.

1pinkwish
December 27th, 2010, 09:22 AM
You are exactly right. You will love it - boy or girl but you will be thrilled if it is a girl as it means that forever around your dining table their will be a sister and a daughter in your family which will provide a great balance for you all.

You painted such a beautiful picture there!!! And yes, I would be THRILLED to experience this!!! :)

CassGG99
December 27th, 2010, 09:20 PM
I know you probably don't want to hear this, but at least she is encouraging about your family's feeling positive about it. My DH's family's stats are 10 grandsons and 1 granddaughter.....she is NOT mine obviously. For the last two of my pregnancies, when we have heard those fateful words (It's a BOY!) at our u/s we've called my MIL/FIL to tell them and have heard "oh.....ANOTHER boy, huh?" That is like getting kicked in the gut.

I 100% know how you feel, but small blessings sometimes come in awkward packaging. Hang in there.

chachamama
December 28th, 2010, 03:27 PM
I don't like comments like that, because of what they imply... "we'll love it no matter what it is"...
Well, no shit you will! LOL Or at least, you better.. or you'll have some major issues with his Mama! ;)
I can relate OP!

1pinkwish
December 29th, 2010, 06:41 PM
I don't like comments like that, because of what they imply... "we'll love it no matter what it is"...
Well, no shit you will! LOL Or at least, you better.. or you'll have some major issues with his Mama! ;)
I can relate OP!

I think this is how feel about these type of comments too. It's just what seems to be implied by them. And yeah, there will be some major issues with Mama if they don't love my baby regardless! LOL

all3lovecars
January 4th, 2011, 02:49 PM
I understand completely, that is all I hear right now from my friends and family.

Lisa
January 22nd, 2011, 08:29 PM
She is saying "WE will love it no matter what" Maybe she is the one having troubles? When someone keeps harping on something like this, it usually turns out that they are the ones with issues.

TexasMommy
April 6th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Sounds like some of my IL's.....