PDA

View Full Version : Living in Australia and ions/seasons

TTC5
March 11th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Ugh so now I am confused!!
I thought the whole conceiving in winter favours boy no matter where you live but not I have read this may not be the case?
So what seasons should I be attempting in for TTC boy?
I am the southern most state in Australia..(Tasmania)

atomic sagebrush
March 12th, 2011, 08:56 AM
If you believe in ions then winter will favor boy no matter where you live.

The seasons/swaying thing seems to indicate that if you time conception so that you will give birth in late summer/early fall, that is best for a boy. There is probably a gently rising and falling number of boy and girl births throughout the year, with boy births peaking in late summer/early fall, and girl births peaking in late winter/early spring.

The good news is, that if you conceive in early winter, 9 months later is right when the boy "peak" happens anyway so you can kind of get the best of both worlds. (in the Northern Hemisphere that would be December/January for birth in Sept/October.) Since we are just coming up on early spring here you are coming up on fall, so I think you're good to try for several attempts. It's really perfect timing for your sway!

TTC5
March 12th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Yep we started Autumn(you guys call this fall hey?) on March 1st, so 13 days ago =)

atomic sagebrush
March 13th, 2011, 11:00 AM
And then you were going to wait a couple months to try, right? So that would put you right at the perfect time!!!

TTC5
March 13th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Yep Winter starts 1st June :)
I was going to look at my biorythms/full moons etc and work out when would be even more better a time to attempt!!