PDA

View Full Version : Marks Daily Apple ?

3Pink1Blue
March 11th, 2011, 05:34 PM
I've seen a lot of references/links to Marks Daily Apple, does the paleo/primal lifestyle sway boy? Dh is hardcore paleo, I half ass it eating potatoes and cereal still while being careful not to lose weight. I've been avoiding all calcium rich veggies (a practice I'm considering abandoning) but lovin me some bacon. Since the info here is so much newer then the info I was working with previously I'm just wondering if this a good plan?

TTC5
March 11th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Can I ask what is marks daily apple lol lol how blonde I am *blushes*

3Pink1Blue
March 11th, 2011, 06:53 PM
It's a website about primal living, lots of research and news letters, great info.

TTC5
March 11th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Oh cool shall read later thankyou :)

skrimpy
March 11th, 2011, 08:59 PM
I think going hardcore primal/paleo will sway blue for DH b/c it is going to raise his testosterone and all those other "manly" hormones.

From my research on swaying blue, I think we ladies should get more carbs than our primal/paleo DH's are probably getting. A "time of plenty" diet has def been shown to favor the boys. I would make sure you are getting a moderate level of carbs via fruits and veggies - and I think that the potatoes (and sweet potatoes) are a good idea.

I was pretty strict primal/paleo and losing quite a bit of weight when I conceived my current womb occupant - who is definitely a pink occupant :p I am going to get back into our workout routine asap after she is born so that the weight loss will occur and stabalize hopefully before my cycles return.

I am still and will keep feeding DH primal, but I am eating more potatoes throughout the week, around one sandwich (on soaked sourdough bread) daily, eating some rice, and overall getting a lot more fruits in than I was - basically bringing my carb count back up to around what it was when I conceived our 2yo DS. Otherwise, I think the primal/paleo is very boy friendly b/c it's protein and fat rich. But I think the very low carb and weight loss was enough to sway pink for me, which I do not want again. I will also add in boy supplements/drinks when my cycles come back after this baby.

That's just my thoughts from what I've read and researched!

3Pink1Blue
March 11th, 2011, 10:12 PM
I think going hardcore primal/paleo will sway blue for DH b/c it is going to raise his testosterone and all those other "manly" hormones.
I think the primal/paleo is very boy friendly b/c it's protein and fat rich.

These were my thoughts exactly! I figured as long as I don't lose weight, which I did prior to conceiving each of my lovelies, and keep my carbs high I would be good to go.

Thanks for your input :happy:

atomic sagebrush
March 12th, 2011, 09:39 AM

From my research on swaying blue, I think we ladies should get more carbs than our primal/paleo DH's are probably getting. A "time of plenty" diet has def been shown to favor the boys. I would make sure you are getting a moderate level of carbs via fruits and veggies - and I think that the potatoes (and sweet potatoes) are a good idea.

I was pretty strict primal/paleo and losing quite a bit of weight when I conceived my current womb occupant - who is definitely a pink occupant :p I am going to get back into our workout routine asap after she is born so that the weight loss will occur and stabalize hopefully before my cycles return.

I am still and will keep feeding DH primal, but I am eating more potatoes throughout the week, around one sandwich (on soaked sourdough bread) daily, eating some rice, and overall getting a lot more fruits in than I was - basically bringing my carb count back up to around what it was when I conceived our 2yo DS. Otherwise, I think the primal/paleo is very boy friendly b/c it's protein and fat rich. But I think the very low carb and weight loss was enough to sway pink for me, which I do not want again. I will also add in boy supplements/drinks when my cycles come back after this baby.

That's just my thoughts from what I've read and researched!

This is my thoughts exactly. I am somewhat wary of advising low-carb for blue, if for no other reason than the fact that humans ate the paleo diet for millions of years and they def. conceived both boys and girls during that time.

Any time you restrict your diet in any significant way (like by cutting out an entire food group) you run the risk of sending a message to your body that food is less plentiful than it was and until we totally understand what the mechanisms are and how they work, it's too risky for me. Aside from the blood sugar issues and the acidity factor (a high protein, low carb diet releases acidic by-products), your muscles grow best when some carbs are in the diet. That's because you burn carbs for energy rather than your stored fat/muscle.

I think a meat based diet WITH BACON! and potatoes, sweet potatoes, whole grains, and fruits and vegetables of every imaginable hue, is the best way to sway blue.

skrimpy
March 12th, 2011, 09:41 PM
I also forgot to add in beans... I am sort of still trying to stay away from the grains mostly (the one sandwich a day is pretty much it... have rice about once a week), but we are having beans. I make chili in the crockpot and put a little aside for DH in a separate crock with just meat. I put beans in the one for me and the kids. We also have beans a couple more times a week - good carb level and good protein level (I make DH a steak when we eat bean and egg burritos). I might add oatmeal in in the mornings when we are ready for the next baby - right now I am just eggs and bacon with some orange slices.

I think it's important to remember that like I noted in the Testosterone sticky, testosterone seems to rise from lower blood glucose in the men, but higher blood glucose in the women. So I think having carbs in our diet helps us ladies sway blue. Male/Female biochemistry def seems different in some aspects. I think overall a very nutrient-dense, high protein, higher fat, moderate carb level diet is best for blue.