PDA

View Full Version : jennaesue TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt

jennaesue
November 9th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Update: It's a boy.

If I could go back and change anything, it would be to tell my dh about swaying. I was scared to because I thought he would be against it, and that would turn him off of ttc altogether. But now that we found out we are having boy #4, he has been talking about wondering if we could have done anything differently. I think I underestimated him - he would have cooperated more, and I would have had a much stronger sway. He knew I was watching what I ate, but didn't know why or to what extreme, so I tended to eat more, or to eat things that I shouldn't, when he was around so he wouldn't get suspicious. We also have always dtd almost every day each time we conceived. We could have tried abstaining.

Also, I would have not been so impatient to get pregnant. I had just finished bfing in August, and then came off bcp in mid September. I had not had a period since February 2010 before I conceived ds3, so I had no idea what was going on there. I kept thinking I might have ovulated, so I'd go off the vitex and peppermint tea, so when I actually did ovulate, I wasn't taking anything, and my diet was not the best. I thought I had more time.

TTC a Girl Sway Attempt
Gender Result:
Unknown
DW Age:
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender(s)
3 boys
Number of Months TTC
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
No
DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow? LE(Low Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
I changed my eating habits drastically. I am usually a grazer - I eat small amounts all day long. I also used to eat cereal twice at day - at breakfast and before bed. I actually cut down the cereal from 14 bowls a week to about 1 a week in September 2010 when we started talking about ttc, and then cut it out all together when I started the diet. I didn't go vegetarian because I was a vegetarian for over a decade when I conceived my first two sons, so I don't think that was a huge factor for me. I did cut down a lot on how much meat I ate, and tried to stay within my protein and fat limits. I ate under 1500 cals a day, and tried to keep protein around 60 g or below and fat below about 40 g. I did not snack, and I either skipped breakfast or ate something really small around 10:00 am. I did drink coffee with creamer and splenda when I first woke up. I introduced a lot of artificial sweeteners to my diet. I never used them when not swaying.
If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
about 7 weeks
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
Yes
Did DH change his diet with you?
No
Comments regarding DH's diet-
DH ate a lot of Yoplait Light yogurts, but that was it.
DId you consume alcohol? No

DId you try to limit caffeine?
No, I drink caffeine regularly
Any Diet Details?
*No snacking
*Lots of artificial sweeteners
*No breakfast or late breakfast
*Little meat
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
One thing I am upset about is I was going over on fat around the time I ovulated because I didn't know I was ovulating and thought I had more time before my attempt
WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
I went from about 150 pounds in July (BMI - 23.5) to 135 (BMI - 21.1) at time of ovulation. I lost 3 more pounds before I got my BFP, so my end weight was 132.
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
Only exercise was keeping up with the boys, and I did walk for about 30 minutes twice a week.
THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
4 or 5
Any VG potions used?
-
CM pH at attempt
don't know
DH pH
don't know
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
Not sure - we usually dtd every day
BD Dates according to Ovulation No idea

Any additional comments?
I didn't know I was ovulating. But we generally dtd every day.
THE DEED INFO
DH Info about Swimmers Other

BD Position
Missionary
Did you Jump and Dump? For some attempts

Any relevant attempt details?
I usually jump and dump, but I can't be sure if did the time we conceived.
SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements Vitex
folic acid

DH Supplements
-
Any additional supplement info?
I used a generic fiber supplement and peppermint tea. Unfortunately, I stopped Vitex and peppermint tea about 2 weeks before I ovulated because I thought I had possibly ovulated on October 3.
Did you do anything with Ions?
I did ion-related stuff mostly out of superstition. I wore a hematite bracelet, but then I lost it and switched to a Ki-Flow bracelet I had from years ago. I also switched out bath and cleaning products for lavender scented ones.
Moon Phase during conception?
New Moon
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
I have had a wooden spoon and a pink outfit under my bed for about 4 years, lol.
Things that make me feel great about my sway:
Not snacking and skipping breakfast/eating a late breakfast are huge changes to my diet.
Things that make me nervous about my sway:
The amount of fat I was eating around O time worries me.
Things worth mentioning:
I weaned my 21 month-old son in mid-August, and stopped taking the mini pill on September 15, so I did not have a real PPAF. I had three days of moderate spotting on Sept. 3 - 6, and then 3 days of very, very light spotting (like one spot a day) Oct. 3 - 6. If I could change one thing, I would have waited until I had a real PPAF and had a better idea of where I was in my cycle before actually trying to conceive. I kept thinking I may have ovulated because I had symptoms and dark opks, but I never got a positive opk. I wish I knew I was ovulating when I did so I could have been better with my diet.

jennaesue
December 7th, 2012, 04:08 PM
I went for my first OB appt. today and my doctor looked back on how much I weighed at the start of each of my pregnancies. I have never been one to pay much attention to my weight, so I really had no idea. With ds1, I started out at 169, ds2 - 184 (!!), and ds3 - 160. After my weight loss from breastfeeding and then the LE diet, I was 132 when I got pregnant this time. Big difference! I am feeling a smidgen more hopeful.

Violet_
February 20th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Congrats on your little boy. He must be meant to be as your sway was good.

retrolove1
February 21st, 2013, 03:32 AM
Sorry your sway didn't work, it seemed like a strong one. Congratulations on another gorgeous boy!

xx

Funkyfry
March 6th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Sorry your sway didnt work out bug huge congrats on your new little man