PDA

View Full Version : 3PinkNeedBlue's St Patty's day sway

3Pink1Blue
March 12th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Here's my plan, I've been at it for a while but any last minute tweaks would be greatly appreciated

Breakfast- eggs, bacon, hash browns, coffee w/truvia and non dairy creamer

Snack- nuts/gelatin juice

Lunch- hot dogs, tuna sandwich, egg sandwich, fruit

snack- raisons/gelatin juice

Dinner - meat, veg, potato

snack- gelatin juice/ bowl of cereal with banana

lots of green tea with lemon and truvia throughout the day and water

Supplements -vit d, folic acid, fish oil, potassium, zinc, Guaifenesin from af-o

testosterone - Pilates, weights, squats, gelatin 3x day

tons of computer time, incense, short showers and :pray:

Dh a hardcore paleo but also taking folic acid, zinc, vit e, vit d, fish oil, potassium

nuthinbutpink
March 12th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Good luck!

atomic sagebrush
March 12th, 2011, 02:33 PM
It is AWESOME but I would love to see even just a little protein with the raisins!

Are you eating whole grain breads? What kind of cereal and what on top (hoping that it is whole grain and has some protein)

TTC5
March 12th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Good Luck!!!!!!

3Pink1Blue
March 12th, 2011, 04:33 PM
The bread is whole grain, the gelatin is Knox which has 7g of protein per serving, is that enough or should I munch a hard boiled egg as well? The cereal is either rice crispies or frosted mini wheats with whole milk. Would steel cut oats or something else be better?

TTC5
March 12th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Hi Jen just a question are you having calcium now? Just remember from IG thats all :)

3Pink1Blue
March 12th, 2011, 04:42 PM
The milk in the cereal is the only straight calcium I'll be consuming, the amount in my normal food is way under the IG limits so I'm not worried too about it. Until now I'd been sticking to Rice milk but have decided to throw caution to the wind, I don't know a single boy mom that doesn't chug milk, yogurt and eat everything with cheese lol

TTC5
March 12th, 2011, 04:47 PM
I get you :)
I know IG says rice milk less than 2% but how do you work that out? My label says calcium 300mg per serve?

3Pink1Blue
March 12th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I have the Rice Dream Original Vanilla, 2% calcium per 1 cup serving. Label doesn't specify how many mg though.

TTC5
March 12th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Bugger how come our labels have mg but not % =(
Wonder if it can be converted??? Atomic where are you, you are the one with brains around here :P

LolaInLove
March 14th, 2011, 12:41 PM
YAY!!!! FXFXFXFXFX

atomic sagebrush
March 14th, 2011, 03:26 PM
The milk in the cereal is the only straight calcium I'll be consuming, the amount in my normal food is way under the IG limits so I'm not worried too about it. Until now I'd been sticking to Rice milk but have decided to throw caution to the wind, I don't know a single boy mom that doesn't chug milk, yogurt and eat everything with cheese lol

Here, here! OMG if you guys could only see the huge quantities of dairy I ate when TTC DS 3!

atomic sagebrush
March 14th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Bugger how come our labels have mg but not % =(
Wonder if it can be converted??? Atomic where are you, you are the one with brains around here :P

Hahaha not quite!

That is the unfortified kind of rice milk. That is the kind you should have for TTC blue (if you are avoiding calcium.) The fortified ones have 25-30% calcium - you don't need to do any conversions, if it's 300 mg that is the fortified kind.

TulleExplosion
March 27th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Looks great! I love learning from all of the boy sways. Good luck!

3Pink1Blue
March 28th, 2011, 01:46 AM

3Pink1Blue
April 5th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Here's my slightly revamped plan, take a peek

Breakfast- eggs, bacon, hash browns, coffee w/agave and non dairy creamer

Snack- nuts/gelatin juice

Lunch- hot dogs/tuna sandwich/egg sandwich/turkey sandwich and fruit

snack- raisons/gelatin juice

Dinner - meat, veg, potato

snack- gelatin juice/ bowl of cereal (Quaker Oat Squares & whole milk)

lots of green tea with lemon and agave throughout the day and water

Supplements -vit d, folic acid, fish oil, potassium, zinc, Guaifenesin from af-o

testosterone - Pilates, weights, squats, gelatin 3x day

tons of computer time, incense, short showers and :pray:

Dh a hardcore paleo but also taking folic acid, zinc, vit e, vit d, fish oil, potassium

begonia
April 5th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Looks really good 3PNB! In fact I might just copy your diet plan ... I like how you have it set up with the meals/snacks.

Lots of prayers this cycle is the one for you!!!!

DebH
April 5th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Sorry for the dumb question but what is paleo?

3Pink1Blue
April 5th, 2011, 11:24 PM
Sorry for the dumb question but what is paleo?

Hey Deb! It's also called primal, it's essentially no grain, tubers, legumes, starches, processed foods and sugars. Other that that if you can pick it, hunt it, gather it or catch it you can eat it. It's very boy friendly being high protein, fat and nutrient dense but I'm a half ass still consuming potatoes and whole grains till a bfp.

DebH
April 5th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Thanks Jen! Looks like I found you here :)
Taking many notes tonight and starting to devise a plan. I hope I can get it together asap.
Looks like I need to get shopping too!

3Pink1Blue
April 5th, 2011, 11:50 PM
I'm glad you did:wink:

DebH
April 5th, 2011, 11:54 PM
What is in Gelatin Juice?

3Pink1Blue
April 5th, 2011, 11:58 PM
I mix 1 packet of gelatin with 1 cup of juice, blueberry pomegranate being my favorite, toss it in the fridge and let it set. It becomes a yummy snack instead of a torment lol

3Pink1Blue
April 6th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Oh and NO MORE TEMPING, I'm sick of it! Still using opk's but I'm done temping, I'm done bsf'ing and I'm adding lots of swimming as soon as AF packs her bags.

TTC5
April 8th, 2011, 02:04 AM
Hi Jen just a quicm question. Now you are just using opks (do you get a + on a few days or just one?) which + day will you DTD>?

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 01:04 PM
What is in Gelatin Juice?

Here's a link with a recipe about gelatin - http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1515-Boy-friendly-beverages&highlight=boy-friendly+beverages

begonia
April 8th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Great tip with the gelatin juice, Jen! I will try that. I have just been dumping mine in water and chugging it down. Gross.

Freya
April 8th, 2011, 01:13 PM
On protein and raisins - I just had avocado at the same time. Full of protein and great for fertility. GL :luck: !

3Pink1Blue
April 8th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Hi Jen just a quicm question. Now you are just using opks (do you get a + on a few days or just one?) which + day will you DTD>?

Yep just opk's. From the first + till full - is around 24 hrs so we dtd the night of the +opk as ff tends to agree I O the day after the first +. I think we'll dtd again the night after the +opk as well just for good measure:wink:

begonia
April 8th, 2011, 08:10 PM
When is your next attempt Jen?

begonia
April 8th, 2011, 08:29 PM
OK and I have another couple of questions for you :-) How much Zinc are you taking? Mine are 50 mg; I can't seem to find a rec'd dosage anywhere for it so was wondering what you've been doing. And then on the agave ... why that instead of stevia? Curious b/c I usually see stevia on here but I actually prefer the taste of agave myself.

Thanks a bunch :-)

3Pink1Blue
April 8th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Our next attempt will be the 15 /16. My zinc is also 50mg. As for the agave it's more natural, my family eats paleo and I'm trying to stay within that as much as possible.

begonia
April 8th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Thanks! A good friend of ours is Paleo. I think it seems to be one of the healthiest approaches around.

15/16 is soon! I feel like the weekend timing has to be a good thing :-)

3Pink1Blue
April 8th, 2011, 10:55 PM
I agree, I wish we'd discovered it earlier. With it being so high fat/protein I'd probably have already had my boy and wouldn't need to sway lol

I must admit I like weekend timing, so much easier.

TTC5
April 8th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Yep just opk's. From the first + till full - is around 24 hrs so we dtd the night of the +opk as ff tends to agree I O the day after the first +. I think we'll dtd again the night after the +opk as well just for good measure:wink:

Cool!

atomic sagebrush
April 9th, 2011, 11:45 AM
OK and I have another couple of questions for you :-) How much Zinc are you taking? Mine are 50 mg; I can't seem to find a rec'd dosage anywhere for it so was wondering what you've been doing. And then on the agave ... why that instead of stevia? Curious b/c I usually see stevia on here but I actually prefer the taste of agave myself.

Thanks a bunch :-) Here is a link to the essay I did about sweeteners, I talk about agave in that. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?2038-Sweetening-up-your-sway!-For-pink-and-blue!&highlight=sweetening+sway

Agave doesn't cause your blood sugar to rise sky high and then crash like other sweeteners do, and that makes it better for blue.