PDA

View Full Version : ♥DM's Boy Swayers recipes of the day thread ♥

TTC5
March 12th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Thought we could use this thread to share what food/s we are eating today, perhaps you have come up with a delicious new recipe you would like to share :xy:

TTC5
March 12th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Tonight I am making a mild mince curry with carrot, peas and mashed potato (mine and DH's portion of mash will include NYF's/SYF's).
It is basically 100% beef mince, water, a continental brand packet mix base (curry based) and the ingredients above! Kids love it and it is just so easy to make!

3Pink1Blue
March 12th, 2011, 09:21 PM
We're doing chicken, green beans and a potato for me.

ELP
March 13th, 2011, 03:53 AM
Yesterday for lunch I salted and fried some leftover new potatoes then added a tin of tomato soup to them, another easy one! And I was snacking on walnuts whilst cooking it ;)

atomic sagebrush
March 13th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Last night I had pork chops, rice pilaf (so salty!) and peas with applesauce for dessert! I WISH I was swaying blue right now!

TTC5
March 13th, 2011, 04:42 PM
When will you be trying Atomic?

atomic sagebrush
March 13th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I don't know if DH will ever agree. :( Leaving it in God's hands for right now.

LolaInLove
March 14th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Last night I ate at a Scottish joint (to celebrate St. Patty's Day!) and had Scotch Eggs and Shepherd's Pie with some naps and tatties (turnips and potatoes). I don't normally eat that, though. Thought it was a good restaurant choice!

3Pink1Blue
March 14th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Last night Dh made me a bacon, avocado, mushroom burger and homemade fries, sooooo good!!

TTC5
March 14th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Atomic, perhaps in his own time he will come around.. my fingers are crossed for you!
So kind of you to be here helping everyone else out!!

TTC5
March 14th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Dinner for us tonight, nooo idea?!!

Something meaty and tatorey of course :P

Coccinelle33
March 14th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Yesterday for lunch I salted and fried some leftover new potatoes then added a tin of tomato soup to them, another easy one! And I was snacking on walnuts whilst cooking it ;)

this sounds great for ttc a boy

Chunksta
March 15th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Oh oh ill join this one, tonight we are having a country style chicken with potatoes carrots beans pea's and zucchini!!! Quick easy and in One Pot!!

TTC5
March 15th, 2011, 12:12 AM
Do you slow cook it chunky? I lurve my slow cooker!

TTC5
March 15th, 2011, 12:13 AM
DH and I are having fries and steak tonight and kids are having dim sims lol easy tea for us tonight!

Chunksta
March 15th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Do you slow cook it chunky? I lurve my slow cooker!

i did last time but the sauce was still runny after adding corn flour, tonight will just be on the stove!
Ive been in the kitchen all day today ive been baking mini sausage rolls for DHb'day party next weekend - sausage mince, onion, carrot ,bread crumbs, zuchini, garlic mince and 2 eggs!!! i must admit they are scrumptious!!

Chunksta
March 15th, 2011, 01:20 AM
Oh i just remember my Once a week dinner!! Lemon chicken stir fry!!! I buy the "LEE KUM KEE" Recipe Base from coles and safeway!!! Its great i use 2 packets as i loe the taste of the tangy lemon, I add all sorts of vegies, Normally carrot, onion, celery,broccoli, cauliflower, bok choy, peas, snow peas, garlic paste and cook rice!!!
This is also a quick and easy meal!! =0)

atomic sagebrush
March 15th, 2011, 12:07 PM
You guys are doing so well! Keep it up!

We had pork roast and potatoes on Sunday and I tried Skrimpy's trick, thickening the gravy with an unflavored gelatin packet and it was really good! No one even noticed my little trick!

3Pink1Blue
March 15th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Tomato soup meatloaf, green beans and of course a baked potato for me

LolaInLove
March 16th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Last night we did steaks, butternut squash and apple soup, and spinach sauteed with olive oil and butter.

TTC5
March 17th, 2011, 07:04 PM
I think I might have a meat free meal tonight.. see if my pH changes am wondering if having meat twice a day every day is why my pH is still around 6??

atomic sagebrush
March 18th, 2011, 01:53 PM
A meat free meal now and then can be a nice change of pace! Try to find something that has protein in it though.

ELP
March 18th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I think I might have a meat free meal tonight.. see if my pH changes am wondering if having meat twice a day every day is why my pH is still around 6??

Strangely I opted for the baked potato with cheese, beans and coleslaw today, delicious!

TTC5
March 20th, 2011, 12:10 AM
That sounds delish!
I ended up having fish fingers with pasta sauce in a tomato and garlic sauce.

Tonight, beef patties with mash potato, steamed carrot and peas.

TTC5
March 25th, 2011, 05:41 AM
Orange Date Scones

2 1/3 cups (350g) self-raising flour
2 tbs sugar - optional.
1 tsp salt
40g (2 tbs) butter
1 orange, rind finely grated, juiced
1 cup (165g) chopped dried dates
1 egg, lightly whisked
125mls (1/2 cup) milk
Butter, to serve

Method
Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a baking tray with melted butter or margarine to grease lightly.

Sift the flour, sugar and salt into a large mixing bowl. Rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the orange rind and dates.

Combine the orange juice, egg and milk in a small jug. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the combined liquids. Mix the liquid into the dry ingredients with a round-bladed knife until the mixture starts to come together. Use your hands to form the mixture into a ball. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and press into a 2cm-thick round. Cut out the dough with a floured 5cm scone cutter and place onto prepared tray. Repeat with any remaining dough scraps.

Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden and sound hollow when tapped. Serve warm with butter.

I use dairy free butter/margarine and dairy free milk such as soy/oat/almond milk.

LolaInLove
March 25th, 2011, 08:59 AM
TTC5, so going to try that scone recipe this weekend! Thanks for posting!!!

TTC5
March 25th, 2011, 05:30 PM
I made them yesterday and they make a nice afternoon or mid morning snack =)
I left the sugar out as with the date it makes it sweet enough.
And if you need to you can always add a dash or so extra milk if it seems a bit dry.

3Pink1Blue
March 26th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Tonight was spaghetti squash with homemade meatballs and sauce from scratch.

TTC5
March 27th, 2011, 02:33 AM
What is spaghetti squash?!

Freya
March 27th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Today we had roast turkey with oven garlic potatoes, carrots and sweet potato mash = alkaline + potassium overload! It just reminded me of how good sweet potato is, and easy to cook if you've got the time - just stick it in the oven for and hour to and hour and twenty minutes depending on the size (until it releases caramelised juice), then peel and mash. It can also be done quickly if sliced thinly and put in a steamer, it'll be done in 10-15 minutes. An absolute favourite with fish fingers, which are otherwise soo boring.

atomic sagebrush
March 27th, 2011, 03:15 PM
What is spaghetti squash?!

It is a very odd squash that when cooked, separates into threads rather like spaghetti! It's SO easy to grow too, just a single hill will yield more spaghetti squash than you might believe! And it keeps all winter long.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/cooking/a/spagsquash.htm

begonia
March 30th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Mmm! I love spaghetti squash! We are having ravioli with prosciutto and a tomato based sauce tonight with a side of zucchini in sauteed in garlic, and sliced red, orange and yellow peppers to snack on before dinner. My kids love the peppers and they are such a good source of antiox and potassium. I chop up a bunch and keep them in the freezer to throw into scrambled eggs in the am, too.

This thread makes me hungry!

TTC5
March 30th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Tonight we are having a roast lamb with onion and garlic. Roasted potato, pumpkin and carrot and some steamed broccolli.

purplepoet20
March 30th, 2011, 06:23 PM
I am not swaying pink yet so... Last night we had wings from Buffalo Wild Wings (salty fattening but so good), Homemade Cole Slaw, Pepsi, a twix (thats what happens when dada goes to the store) and ice cream before bed.

Tonight I am making Pad Thai w/chicken, onions, red bell peppers, greenbeans, bean sprouts, hot sauce, and pepsi. After 10 failed attemps I have found a soy-free Pad Thai recipe that rocks ;) Tonight I am making it with a little extra sauce.

If this continues we would so have another boy!

purplepoet20
March 30th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Tonight we are having a roast lamb with onion and garlic. Roasted potato, pumpkin and carrot and some steamed broccolli.

I am on my way.... I love Lamb!!!

TTC5
March 30th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Oops it is actually beef, lol!!

purplepoet20
March 30th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Oops it is actually beef, lol!!

Ok better cancel the plane tickets :)

tropicgal
April 2nd, 2011, 07:38 AM
We had a really yum dinner tonight of fruity cous cous (made with half stock and half lemon juice with dried apricots and sultanas) and grilled marinated lamb and greens..... Yumm. I also had a big dollop of natural yoghurt on top too.

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2011, 10:05 AM
Oooh that sounds good! We had French Dips last night with pineapple for dessert.

LauraInTexas
April 4th, 2011, 02:47 PM
These all sound so good!
We basically live on spaghetti and meatballs, simple salads, and bread rubbed with garlic.

LauraInTexas
April 4th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Oh! And smoothies....banana cherry with orange juice is really good.
Freeze the banana to help the consistency.
We add vanilla...hope that doesn't throw anything off.

atomic sagebrush
April 5th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Nope, vanilla here and there is just a great addition to either sway, you don't eat it in enough amounts to affect anythign.

TTC5
April 9th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Thinking tonight shall be steak and vegetables with mash.

Kiesse
June 3rd, 2011, 07:42 PM
all your meal ideas are what mine normally are hence the reason i have 2 boys!
I thought i would share a couple of family favs with you....

Beef sausages, i usually get the pre cooked ones, put them in a fry pan with 1 onion chopped up, once both of these are cooked, mix up a packet of onion gravy and pour over the sausages and onion. Simmer for a couple of mins and serve with Mashed potatoes and green peas. ITs actually really yummy!

Also make up some devilled sausages but slice sausages up into bite size pieces, cook this in a pan or what ever easiest, when 3/4 cooked, place devilled sausages in oven proof dish, add potato pom poms on top and cook till pom poms are golden! serve with your choice of veges.

Another one is 500gm of minced beef, put in pot with about 4 cups of water, you want all the mince in water but not covered completley. Add in an onion, let cook then when it nearly cooked, depending on if it cooked on stove or slow cooker times will vary, on a stove allow it to cook for 2 hours on med, keep checking and stiring every 20mins, add a generous amount of salt, a bit of pepper, a good squirt of tomato sauce prob around 1/4 cup and a bit of black sauce, taste to your liking, once all this is cooked and ready about 3 hours on stove all together, thicken the liquid up, put a bit of cornflour and water in a cup mix together then stir into mince, Serve over mashed potatos. This dish lasts for ages, with just a 500 gm amount i can feed my family of 4 for 2 days, but have it like this one night and make pies the next day with the remaining mince. Its all trial and error but it is really yummy on a cold day!

Hope this can help, if anyone wants any other ideas let me know and id be more than happy to help. These are the kind of meals i lived on!!!

TTC5
June 3rd, 2011, 08:23 PM
Kiesse what is "black sauce"? x

Kiesse
June 4th, 2011, 01:19 AM
well its called worcestershire sauce its nz made so not sure what an equivellent would be, its runny like soy sauce but different taste, hard to explain, maybe you could do a google search and see if there is something similar

TTC5
June 4th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Yep, I know what worcestershire is :)