PDA

View Full Version : Late ovulation=more girls? (was looking through fertility friend charts)

mkarntz1980
March 12th, 2011, 08:10 PM
So I was looking through TONS of charts on Fertility Friend, one thing I noticed.....many of them had late ovulation. I also noticed that they didnt have much sex....maybe a time or two after AF then around the time of ovulation....just something I noticed. I didnt really notice any cut-offs

Babushka
March 13th, 2011, 01:46 AM
Now this is very interesting! I didn't realize you could look at charts on ff?? Can you just look at ones that resulted in girl? I guess this info gives extra fuel to abstinence and also that timing does not matter, or indeed O plus 12 being marginally better? Which is what I am planning to do this time. DS was born DTD everyday after af with a four day cutoff. Doing the opposite this time!!

atomic sagebrush
March 13th, 2011, 12:59 PM
There is a great blog from a woman who did exactly that! She went back and looked at all the charts on FF and analyzed them statistically. I think it's one of the finest studies of timing that has ever been done!!

http://www.ingender.com/cs/blogs/minervasmom/archive/2009/06.aspx (this is a link to the first several posts but she has several really interesting ideas)

lindi
March 13th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Awesome analysis!

Coccinelle33
March 14th, 2011, 03:01 PM
loved that!

atomic sagebrush
March 14th, 2011, 03:03 PM
I keep telling her she should write a book!

aintnocinderella
March 27th, 2011, 08:54 AM
i was reading this post but i do think you have to factor in that if people were using FF then they have a greater chance of having had fertility problems which is why they sort help from ff, also and this is just a generalisation when women start to plan children i find they are slightly older (sway pink) i know the charts say the ages.

aintnocinderella
March 27th, 2011, 09:01 AM
cant read it good bye IG :(

nuthinbutpink
March 27th, 2011, 09:23 AM
It is a great blog and the most compelling piece to me matches up with the paid-for study on here in that a cutoff of 2-3 days(3 had the biggest advantage) sways girl and BD on O makes more boys. The rest of the timing was not statistically a big enough difference to call it swaying to me.

atomic sagebrush
March 27th, 2011, 12:29 PM
It is a great blog and the most compelling piece to me matches up with the paid-for study on here in that a cutoff of 2-3 days(3 had the biggest advantage) sways girl and BD on O makes more boys. The rest of the timing was not statistically a big enough difference to call it swaying to me.

I do think it's great and amazing but I do wonder how many of the people were swaying in addition to using FF, KWIM? Like if they were doing one of the gender diets or douching, etc and only DTD that particular day because they were swaying? It might make it seem like timing is more effective than it actually is!

Then again, I'm usually looking for the gray cloud above the silver lining!!

atomic sagebrush
March 27th, 2011, 12:31 PM
i was reading this post but i do think you have to factor in that if people were using FF then they have a greater chance of having had fertility problems which is why they sort help from ff, also and this is just a generalisation when women start to plan children i find they are slightly older (sway pink) i know the charts say the ages.

Thank you, I do think you're very right. Only a certain type of person charts; it is far from a random sample for sure.