PDA

View Full Version : How we made girls...by girl moms! (PINK DUST!!!)

Pages : [1] 2 3

LolaInLove
March 14th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Hi Ladies, thought this would be a good thread, although there are several excellent sways talked about in the survey thread. Just thought this would be a good forum for us moms of girls to lay out what we were doing when we had girls, so we can spread the pink dust....

As for me, I was an unintentional textbook girl swayer....diet: drank lots of coffee with Splenda, and didn't eat a ton of food. Never had salt or fast food. Was with ex-dh at the time....he had IBS, so we never ate red meat, just fish and chicken. I am sure I had very low testosterone, from diet and also from my lifestyle of being under his thumb. I worked out close to 2 hours a day, and although I did lift weights, I did about an hour of cardio so I am sure my ph was low and acidic. DTD: definitely O+12....I did FAM of birth control so I was always aware of my cycle and both times I conceived, thought I was done with O. My cm was creamy and pretty much gone even! Dad wore tight undies and was a stressball and I would be willing to bet was killing off a lot of his sperm on a daily basis. We always used KY.

Hope some other girl moms post with their tricks that worked! Feel free to pick our brains. Spreading the pink dust like a madwoman.....FX :XX:!!!!!!

3Pink1Blue
March 14th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Good idea Lola, I'm in!

Lots of exercise, 1-2 hrs per day, some weights mostly cardio. Lost weight (20-30lbs) within 3 months of the pregnancies, I was still aggressively losing weight when dd#3 was conceived. Ate around 1800 cals per day, 5-6 meals per day so very few calories at any given time. Very little red meat, lots of chicken, turkey burger, broccoli, 3 glasses of milk per day. Low carb bread and very little of it, caffein free diet soda on occasion and lots of water. No a/c in the summer just windows wide open and ceiling fans on, lots of heater in the winter (I don't like to be cold). BD every other day from day 7 till 16/17, always used KY. DH tons of coffee, seriously tons 1 pot per day and boxer briefs.

nuthinbutpink
March 14th, 2011, 02:08 PM
I have never eaten a lot. No soft drinks...tons of CL pink lemonade, craisins to snack on and popcorn fanatic. I always seem to drop weight right before conceiving too looking back. I remember when I was PG with DD3 before anyone knew and my dad told my mom I was too thin and needed to gain weight! No problem dad!

DH never eats red meat...big chicken eater, eats mainly broccoli as a veggie, drank diet coke and lots of water. He did not work out but it a normal weight.

Usually DTD every day after AF until right before O day! Too tired by then lol. I think we conceived 2 and 3 with a one day cutoff and with DD1 not sure on that.

Coccinelle33
March 14th, 2011, 02:48 PM
this is wonderful!

Babushka
March 14th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Wow - really interesting girls. Pretty much text book girl attempts!! Thank you so much for sharing. Totally opposite to me and my DP. Hmmm...

TTC5
March 14th, 2011, 06:00 PM
I was yo yo dieting and my girls were conceived after a short term rapid weight loss (was doing those shakes!)
I would do alot of cardio, not alot of weights or anything to build muscle.
I ate a lot of dairy and chocolate.
Never ate brekkie!
Oh and we would bd every day lol
I took antihistamine and vitex - I was soooo swaying girl without knowing LOL!!

TTC5
March 14th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Oh and I never ate red meat, always chicken.. drank lots of coffee and Coke Zero, and was consuming around 1500 cal a day!

boyjoy
March 14th, 2011, 06:35 PM
no salt, no banana, no red meat, never use canned foods,
1 to 2 glass of milk a day, 1 cup of plain yogurt, cheese, ice cream, cranberry juice fan...
work out at least 3 days, was underweight.
DTD everyday sometimes more than once a day.. from after AF thru AF.
I concieved 2 girls by doing these. :)

Coccinelle33
March 14th, 2011, 07:26 PM
I made this so maybe you boy moms can add to it...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1890-How-we-got-our-boys!

ELP
March 15th, 2011, 06:37 AM
I am going on the past 5 years, we moved to a new house and have been soo tight with cash ever since, I have conceived only girls here (3 so far)

No salt! Not even to the pot of cooking veg. I was anti-salt!

Personally, I was the queen of the crash foods, sugary empty cereals with milk, white bread sandwiched with cheese spread and cucumber or a pile or white bread toast and bars of chocolate all day, almost every 2 hrs I would joke I was like a newborn. I have noticed that about 80% of the food I eat was white. I rarely ate fruit as it is expensive.

Then in the evening as we are always on such a tight budjet since we moved to our current house it would be a pasta dinner with always twice as much pasta as topping ie bologanise or if it was just covered in a jar of tomato sauce then it was stretched to the limit. If we had a meat, potato and veg dinner I would often not have the meat.

So I am the typical 'poor sister' from the TW theory'!

Another interesting thing - timing -I only started using opk's since we have moved here. Before I would go with the bd on day 14 for pregnancy (wasn't swaying) I had gbbgb the 1st girl was 1st month of b/c and the 2nd girl was 1st ov after mmc. So I think I am influenced by these things maybe. So since using opk's (3 pink pregnancies) I got a positive in the morning bd that night on 1 and the next morning on 2. Recently I checked cm the evening after +opk and cm was already creamy and opening back to hard, sooo I think I shoot eggs like bullets and am in the O+12 zone pretty straight away (which is why I am aiming for a cut-off for my blue;))

1 of the 3 recent girls was the 1st ov after chemical.

I never used to drive until moving here, so I have become lazy! My muscle has definately dropped. I no longer need to push my heavy pushchair around as much as I did just jump in the car. I was always around 10st, 5ft 2in so short but strong but I now sit at 11st and chubby so I have gained weight but it is pure flab.

DH drinks beer (10 cans) daily and smokes 20 cigarettes a day, in the old house it was half this and didn't drink daily.

Hmm, an't think of anything else atm, if I do I'll add it.!

TulleExplosion
March 25th, 2011, 03:00 PM
I have two girls and a third on the way! I realize I classically swayed pink for all of them without really meaning to.

DD#1- I got pregnant very soon after I had lost a bit of weight and was off birth control for just two cycles. I also conceived late in my cycle with very frequent BDing. Jumped and Dumped.

DD#2- Had lost a significant amount of weight(15 lbs) before I got pregnant. I was on Metformin for PCOS which lowered my blood sugar levels and was also on Zoloft (anti depressants sway pink I think). Jumped and Dumped.

DD#3- I didnt know about swaying yet but was trying to get my timing right with regard to BDing near O. I didnt pinpoint it exactly, I am pretty sure I conceived 2 days AFTER O because I didnt really know exactly what I was doing. I had lost about 23 lbs before conceiving and I conceived my first cycle off of BC and was on Metformin as well.

When I conceived my girls, all these factors were in play: I am a serious cardio junkie and do very minimal weights. I guzzle Diet Coke (aspartame) and ate a very calcium rich diet. I ate a lot of veggies, not a lot of fruit, rarely any red meat and I am NOT a salt fan. Dh is always under stress because of his work and he was recently diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes so he radically changed his diet and eats a very girl friendly one. He also inhales Diet Coke and is not a red meat or salt eater. DD #1 was conceived in January, #2 and #3 in November. (TMI) DH is also not the type to save any of his boys if you know what I mean, so if I was not in the mood, he takes care of himself so I have no idea what his sperm was saving but I know for sure with DD#3 he was just rebooting when we conceived. Hope this helps! If I remember anything else I will post.

Glittergirl
March 26th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Thanks for starting this! I pretty much realize I lacked in the calcium Dept! Besides cheese every now and then and maybe yogurt I do not drink any milk and I clearly see now that there is no way I took in 1600 mg calcium a day with my boys! Never have I eaten so much calcium rich foods as I do now swaying pink, and I see you ladies seem to drink a lot of milk! thanks for the info! I posted on your ttcboy site as well! here's all my blue dust!!!

Glittergirl
March 26th, 2011, 09:09 PM
I have a question, did any of you normally douche? My mom had all girls and she was a fan of douching (I know, it was the 80's and she said docs recommended that). Also, do you and DH normally have low pH? Before we swayed, Dh and I had pH in the 7s and I've been able to lower it with diet. Just wondering if you naturally have a low pH?

cocos-mum
March 27th, 2011, 08:27 AM
i have one of each and i can see the difference in diet between the 2 i didn't sway with either.
before my dd
i only ate chicken, i was normal weight. never drank tea or coffee rarely drank coke, always skipped breakfast. lunch was always a sandwich cause i was working. i ate a lot of eggs was more of a crisp fan than a chocolate fan, never ate ketchup but ate alot of brown sauce. we bd alot everyday i would say (we was in early stages of realtionship). the day we conieved my daugther we bd 13 times though out the day a couple of times straight after each other.
my boy was complete oppersite in most of these things

Out of the Blue
March 27th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Awww....Thanks so much for thinking of us Mamas who are dreaming of PINK. This is great! ALL of my BLUE dust is free to a good home! =]

LolaInLove
March 27th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Glittergal, I don't know about my ph back then, but all things in my lifestyle would point to it being very low. But I don't think it was calcium that was the kicker...I think it was my sparse diet and low ph and probably the timing a bit (O+12 for both). GOOD LUCK!!!!

atomic sagebrush
March 27th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Here's a link to another girl mom's "recipe"!

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?2093-I-have-four-daughters-and-this-is-my-background!

dreamboat
March 29th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Hi i'm new -prob daft question but what difference if any does ky jelly make as i noticed you both used it when trying for girl -does it help with ph?

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2011, 05:43 PM
There are NO daft questions here!

KY jelly kills off some sperm and sways pink (everything that lowers sperm count both before and after they leave a man's body, sways pink). A lot of people don't know this and it is the most common lube on the market so a lot of people have accidentally swayed pink without meaning to, because they use KY. They probably weren't deliberately trying for a girl by using the KY, it was an accidental sway.

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Oh and WELCOME BTW!!

atomic sagebrush
April 3rd, 2011, 12:59 PM
Here is an interesting thread about what our moms ate when they conceived us! If you have a minute, drop by and add your experiences!!

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?2303-Have-you-ever-asked-about-your-mother-s-diet-what-how-she-ate-before-conceiving-you

queen-of-harts
April 3rd, 2011, 09:43 PM
great info ladies thanks so much! My super blue dust is free for anyone who needs it.

boymom
April 5th, 2011, 07:26 AM
what a helpful thread for those of us ttc pink. thanks

fivebabies
April 7th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Thanks Girls! Keep 'em coming!!! We're learning so much from you!

begonia
April 10th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Weird, I thought I posted on this thread already but I see I did not! I wonder what I'm thinking of b/c I know I've posted on my girl friendly diet before, so if I repeat myself, I apologize!

For DD1 we were not TTC. I was on BCP's and missed a couple of pills, so no idea on the timing. I was running marathons at the time, had just completed one two month prior (january) and was training for another in may. Around 60 miles a week, easy. No weights. I ate a TON, 3000 calories or so a day, but probably half of that calorie intake, no lie, was candy/cake/chocolate, washed down with 2% milk. Loved milk, easily got 3 servings a day. The other half was lean protein like chicken, fish, very rarely red meat...loved cottage cheese and yogurt. I did eat potatoes, veggies were usually green beans or broccoli. I ate a ton of fruit though, esp grapes and blueberries, and bananas and apples. Lots of pasta and refined carbs in general. Unlike the "girl" diet I did however HEAVILY salt everything, but I think due to the amount of sodium I was losing thru sweating from all the running I was really needing the extra salt. I am grossed out to say it but I drank diet soda all the time, often 6 cans a day. Coffee in the am. Light breakfast, usually a yogurt or a banana. Rarely water. I didn't take any vitamins at the time, and no pre-natals prior to pg since we weren't TTC.

DD2 we were actively TTC; got pg the 1st month off of BCP's. I was running about 40 miles a week, still no strength training, but I remember I had dropped a couple of pounds (3-5) in the months prior. Diet was pretty similar to before but I had started drinking more water to try to set a good example for DD1, LOL. Still, lots of sugary snacks, lean protein, lots of beans this time, more pasta, limited vegetables, lots of fruit and dairy. Timing with her I have no idea, but can say it was definitely frequent BD, for sure 1x a day the week I O'd.

If I think of anything else I will come add it!

mis2ninos
July 5th, 2011, 05:26 PM
I was at my lowest weight in my adult life when I conceived DD. Ate poorly, white everything, white bread, white pasta, etc. Lots of cheap carbs. No veggies, fruits. Did not have money back then so I truly ate as described in Trivers Willards. Did not drink a lot of water, was not good about that back in those days. Drank soda and that was basically it. I NEVER drank milk. Also smoked back then. Did not drink alcohol ever. BD frequent although not sure of exact timing. HTH

SpicyTunaSushi
August 17th, 2011, 06:58 AM
I thought I would add.

When trying to conceive dd, I ate a poor girl's diet bc we were on a tight budget.

Breakfast was bran cereal with 2% milk, lunch was sandwich with lunch meat and cheese, on whole meal bread, yogurt, and fruit- generally apples and bananas. (all of this seems good actually)

Snacks were crackers, digestives, sugary things, toast & jam.

Dinner- pasta with sauce, rarely meat, again on a budget, cheese and crackers, omlettes with cheese and spinach. I never drank juice or soda, but didn't drink a lot of water. I had no caffiene.

Snacks after dinner: Toast and Jam.

For me, it was probably just low protein and low nutrients overall. I also remember quitting on dairy and meat for about a month before DD, thinking the hormones were going to hurt my fertility. And when we conceived dd, we were on holiday with family and I had little choice on what to eat- so I remember eating a lot of white bread.

Also, we dtd once a day for 9 days straight. I had no ewcm, just watery.

zanacal
August 17th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Thanks Spicy :D

Hobbermittens
August 17th, 2011, 03:02 PM
I have 2 DDs. I know I ate a lot of dairy, like milk, yogurt, cheese, and ice cream. Tons of sweets. Both were conceived in July (hot weather) and both were one hit wonders (and both were "oops" babies). DD1 was a 4 day cutoff ( we were trying to prevent, but I O'ed early) and DD2 was right around O day. Could have been an O+12 for all I know... I wasn't really paying attention.

Cheekymoo
August 26th, 2011, 09:19 AM
I have two girls-
No 1- Always a keen exerciser, I was working overtime excersising to loose wieght for my wedding- ate mainly veggies , a little meat NO salt total anti salt nazi, basically low calorie healthy except for some sweet lollies etc but was minimizing this too Lots and lots of walking about 4hrs a week on top of 3 gym classess........... Had lots and lots and lots of sex week of conception...like every day for a week!! :) was middle of winter in london so very cold and hubby was working outside

No 2- I had regained my figure from no 1 and decieded to work at loosing a couple of extra kg before getting pregnant again (little did i know this sways) So again was back on the health kick with a few sugary treats, yoga x1 week weights 1x week and at least 2hrs walking a week......def loosing wieght though...I was eating more meat this time but very little dairy and salt...never been a fan really... had DTD 6 days and 5 days before O as I ended up O late and hubby went away for work..but it still worked LOL hubby was working up north in pretty high temps for this one.

When i write all this down with what i now know about swaying how could i have ended up with anything but a Girls LOL Hope this helps :)

besjoux
October 4th, 2011, 04:28 PM
these are very interesting!

atomic sagebrush
October 9th, 2011, 04:40 PM
You guys, I just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking time from your day to write these up. They are INSANELY helpful.

Lisap2008
October 16th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Hi I am a mom of 4 girls. I was slim when I conceived my first overweight with my 2nd and 3rd and slim again when I conceived my 4th. never really had EWCM at ovulation time and my CM PH tested to be around a 4-5 .oh and I have PCOS and as far as I can remember always had hair in unwanted places which means I must have a higher then normal testosterone level.

charlieispy
October 23rd, 2011, 04:25 PM
this is a really useful thread

love being a mummy
October 23rd, 2011, 06:36 PM
DD #1 conceived first month after stopping pill.

My other DD's I believe were conceived cause I have low PH and DH has low testosterone level.
Going low periods of abstinence and then BDing once 1-2 days before O.

Last DD - Long time with no BD and then BD once 1 day after O.
This was the first time I had attempt to "sway" a little bit. She is my Shettles opposite.

Coulditbemyturn
October 25th, 2011, 01:09 AM
thanks for these tips

Coccinelle33
November 2nd, 2011, 10:36 AM
With my daughter I was drinking a ton of cranberry juice and taking A LOT of cranberry pills. I wasn't eating any sweets or adding salt/ eating salty things. I don't eat meat anyway. I had lost a few pounds. That's about it. The only thing I can think that sway girl is losing weight and taking all the cranberry. I had taken Vitex for months prior to conception and then switched to Soy the month of my bfp. This is pretty much what my meals looked like every day...

Breakfast- Rice Krispies with whole milk, yogurt, or a whole wheat bagel and cream cheese

Snack- Yogurt, strawberries, or a big glass of milk

Lunch- Peanut butter and sugar free strawberry jelly sandwich on wheat bread and milk

Snack- Usually more yogurt and cranberry juice

Dinner- Whatever I made for everyone else minus the meat. Usually a veggie (green beans, carrots, peas, beans, or corn) with some type of potato, noodles, or rice. I would also eat all types of sauces for dinner. Had this with tap water.

Snack after dinner was normally just a big glass of cranberry juice and sometimes a hot pocket or soup.

atomic sagebrush
November 8th, 2011, 06:31 PM
MD, I think the vitex and then switching to soy, helped more than you know. In fact I have advised quite a few people to do that based on your experience!!!

DK if you remember Arabeth from IG but she did the exact same thing, took vitex for several months nonstop and then switched to Clomid rather than soy and also conceived a girl.

Coccinelle33
November 8th, 2011, 07:19 PM
I know I was trying to do that this time and took it for 8 months but didn't get pregnant :( i think I may go back on again for another few months and see what happens?

atomic sagebrush
November 13th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Yeah, so many people have had trouble getting pg on vitex, that's why I say to take it 2 W on and 2 w off. good luck.

drowning in boys
January 2nd, 2012, 01:07 AM
Hi I am a mom of 4 girls. I was slim when I conceived my first overweight with my 2nd and 3rd and slim again when I conceived my 4th. never really had EWCM at ovulation time and my CM PH tested to be around a 4-5 .oh and I have PCOS and as far as I can remember always had hair in unwanted places which means I must have a higher then normal testosterone level.

Thank you so much for posting this! I also have pcos and that awesome random facial hair and was told it would be impossible for me to have a girl... I feel much more hope now :)

nini
January 5th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Brilliant thread. I can say that the main difference between ttcing my ds2 and dd was the following:
+ loosing weight! (while ttcing my ds2 I stuffed my face thinking it would enhance fertility, while ttcing dd I wanted to loose excess pg weight before falling again)
+ abstinence and generally not dtd often (my ds2 was only 7 months old and cosleeping, ttcing my ds2 we dtd frequently, but not every day)
+ walked to work every morning (ions and cardio)
+ o+12

atomic sagebrush
January 7th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Thank you so much for posting this! I also have pcos and that awesome random facial hair and was told it would be impossible for me to have a girl... I feel much more hope now :)

Who told you that?? Let me at 'em!:fight:

PCOS can make it more of a challenge to conceive girls, but at the same time, a lot of the meds PCOS ladies get sway pink!! I know MANY PCOS ladies with girls!!!

nini
January 8th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Who told you that?? Let me at 'em!:fight:

PCOS can make it more of a challenge to conceive girls, but at the same time, a lot of the meds PCOS ladies get sway pink!! I know MANY PCOS ladies with girls!!!

The only friend that has PCOS (that I know of ) has girl-girl-girl-boy :D

zanacal
January 8th, 2012, 05:03 PM
... and my friend had a girl then a boy :D

soni
January 11th, 2012, 10:49 PM
When I had my DD, I ate a lot of diary - all low fat, milk and yogurt everyday, had diet soda, rice, mostly brown bread, less veggies, ate lot of fruit, no meat. Also, ate little salt. Loved carbs like pasta, potato and sweet baked things.

girlmom
January 11th, 2012, 11:09 PM
i don't remember what i ate. i hate red meat so i know i wasn't eating that. we actually swayed boy several times and failed the only things i can think of that messed up my sways were calcium. i love milk, not the skim milk. i want the fattening whole milk and taste like milk. dh is addicted to ice cream. i never ate breakfast and we always bd after a hot shower. not saying that will work for everyone but it was enough to give me 7 daughters. and it won't hurt to try those things.

Tink18
January 11th, 2012, 11:22 PM
When we made our daughter I swayed girl hard without even knowing. I ate a lot of chicken, no salt. Loved soda. never ater breakfast. Worked out a lot. Ton of cardio. Low weights. I was super thin. Took claritin almost daily for allergies. We dtd I was on top, It was about days after O. Oh and I have a hard core beard! LOL...Gotten even worse since pregnant with number 2! I think that is most of it!

KnockYourBallsOff
January 14th, 2012, 07:17 PM
THANK You so much girls!!!! I come back and read this thread often. SUCH a great thread!!!!! It makes me feel less stressed about FR and abstaining. Love you all!!!! My blue dust is YOURS!!!!!!!

BABYPINK3
January 23rd, 2012, 11:39 PM
DD1- Not swaying, but ate low calorie, low salt diet, didnt like red meat, drank diet coke every day drank low fat milk and low fat greek yoghurt, didnt eat until 10am. exercised daily ( walking dog or cardio at gym) was very underweight. Timing was neither abstinence or frequent bd.couldt tell when Ovulation was because I hardly had EWCM.

DS- increased food including breakfast when I was having trouble concieving. DTD for 4 days straight through ovulation. began charting on FF.

pregnant with DD2- swayed pink , took sudafed, used sylk. - did the A-gender diet as It was very similar food concepts as what I was eating when I conceived my DD1. however although I though abstinence was the key I "stuffed up" timing and did only 5 days abstinence, followed by 2 days in a row BD ( 2 days before ovulation) this still resulted in a girl!

hope this helps others.

WantALittleBlue
January 31st, 2012, 10:38 PM
DD1 was married only for a month when conceived in mid july. Lowest weight for me ever..... husband spent 1 week in a h very hot tractor with no ac, he is a farmer, he broke the window it was so hot....
DS1 followed ID Diet
DD2 oops pregnancy, pull out method,DH was out drinking with friends right before

Messyhair
February 6th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Okay, so you've all convinced me to get off my butt and workout today. Are you happy now??? hahaha!

dloui128
February 6th, 2012, 10:29 AM
for DD1 I was BD ing every day, I ate tons of dairy, I never really had EWCM, always skipped breakfast and never worked out. For DD2 I had basically the same diet and but I am not positive when she was conceived since I wasn't trying and it was kind of a surprise. I think both times they were conceived it was in the missionary position.

Irishmom
February 22nd, 2012, 05:01 PM
Girls in all the years i have been reading up on swaying i've never read such great thread! Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for sharing your stories. I can now see why i have 3 sons lol. And yes time to start excercising for me too.:tissue:

WantALittleBlue
February 22nd, 2012, 09:17 PM
Just wanted to add a few things, with both my daughters I was losing weight fast, with DD2 I was on a starvation diet not eating past 4pm.Also I am a diet coke junky, that is one of the things I stopped when I conceived DS.

DD1 was married only for a month when conceived in mid july. Lowest weight for me ever..... husband spent 1 week in a h very hot tractor with no ac, he is a farmer, he broke the window it was so hot....
DS1 followed ID Diet
DD2 oops pregnancy, pull out method,DH was out drinking with friends right before

atomic sagebrush
February 22nd, 2012, 09:31 PM
Girls in all the years i have been reading up on swaying i've never read such great thread! Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for sharing your stories. I can now see why i have 3 sons lol. And yes time to start excercising for me too.:tissue:

Irish, if you really want to blow your mind, read the "how we got our boys" thread and the differences are really quite stunning. :0

Irishmom
February 26th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Oh i will do now thanks! I'm already shocked at how boys friendly my diet and sways where lol.Evene though i believed otherwise.

Irishmom
February 27th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Holy moly!!!! I knew i was boy friendly but after reading the boy thread i'm shocked lol. :worry:

atomic sagebrush
February 29th, 2012, 11:05 AM
It is TOTALLY shocking isn't it! I "knew" it in my gut, but these two threads really bring it home!!

mydream
March 3rd, 2012, 08:01 AM
Wow I love this thread!!!

hbcd123
March 14th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Hi new here! (from IG) thought I would add what i did when i concieved my dd (didnt know about swaying then) I had a mc dec 2009 then went back on the pill and came off in march 2009 had 1 af from pill then started ttc cycle day 7,9,11,13 so sort of frequent, I have very regular cycles of 27 days i o cycle day 14 i didnt have any ewcm wich was not normal for me but put it down to having been on the pill i always had breakfast a very sweet one nut clusters with chocolate curles!!! and for lunch a tunafish or ham bread roll with butter and always followed that with chocolate bar and crisps(chips) I drink tons of tea and the odd latte and that was all i was eating so not a lot really and that was no later than 2pm i didnt eat again for rest of the day and ate this way for months untill bfp i also exercised 4 x a week and walked everywhere was trying to loose weight! but didnt need to really just have issues!! we dtd in pm so my blood sugar would have been low i have sugar in my tea/coffee dh dose not drink coffee/tea but dose drink coke and beer!! we had been drinking a lot of alcohol when ttc (partys) my diet was low protien hardley ever ate fruit/veg love love carbs!!!! not much dairy except milk in latte and on cereal concieved in new moon dont know what ph was didnt jump and dump but did wipe excess away sorry tmi!! cant sleep feeling sticky lol!! HTH

atomic sagebrush
March 14th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Thanks and welcome HB!!

hbcd123
March 14th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Thanks Atomic!! I actually want to sway girl this time, not sure if i should do same as last time or add/change things a bit not ttc untill 2013 just going to plan it all first with help from you lovely ladies!

atomic sagebrush
March 15th, 2012, 12:06 PM
No need to make up your mind yet, just hang out and do some reading and eventually everything will fall into place for you!

Babyy Love
March 28th, 2012, 01:11 PM
I see almost everyone is anti salt so does that mean you did not season chicken with salt as well?? And I'm glad some of you ladies conceived nd still ate chicken because I'm so nervous to give up eating chicken because that is the only meat I am eating now

Princess of Pink
March 28th, 2012, 04:16 PM
We didn't even own salt until I started swaying blue....and chicken is my first choice of protein and always has been!

PolishPrincess
April 10th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Whoever started this thread should get a medal...a statuette, maybe an Emmy....now I know that with my lifestyle DH and I would have had TWENTY boys in a row....I just Thank GOD for granting me the wisdom of OTHER people cause you never know....:).......

pearl
April 10th, 2012, 03:11 PM
THANK YOU GIRLS!!! This topic has been the most informative ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LE diet makes a lot more sense to me now:)

cape grace
April 10th, 2012, 03:41 PM
great thread - love it!!! Thanks girls

ThreeLittleStars
April 30th, 2012, 04:23 AM
I guess I could probably add something to this thread since I have 4 girls.
Basically, I never eat breakfast, coffee in the morning with chocolate or cookies and then nothing until probably 12 or later. Didn't ever over salt anything. I will add some salt while cooking but rarely add salt to a dish I am eating. Not a big ketchup person, not a big potato person. Don't eat a lot of protein. I eat lots of fruit in the summer but not so much in the winter because there is not much available where I live. I eat lots of carbs cause they are easy and I have little kids. Bread with cheese, pasta, etc. Was bad about taking prenatals while breastfeeding. Got pregnant with dd4 while breastfeeding. Pretty dry "down there" (sorry, tmi). Very thin. Very low bmi. Actually had gained a few pounds before getting pregnant with dd2 and dd3 because I had just stopped breastfeeding but was still underweight for my height.
OMG, how will I ever have a boy...??? Just reading this makes me depressed, lol.
Not sure about timing with any of them but I think they were all pretty close to O. HTH!

atomic sagebrush
April 30th, 2012, 12:17 PM
You can do it, 3 little stars!!!!

fourunderfour
May 4th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Gosh ladies...this is such an informative thread! I have been stalking gender forums for days now (staying up waaaaay too late too). I need some serious help!
I have 4 sons and we are going to try once more for a daughter.
Pregnancy history?
DS 1 - conceived 3rd try (first 2 attempts on clomid 50) - when bumped to 100mg - bam!
baby lost at 10 weeks gestation (conceived on clomid 100mg first try)
DS2 - Adopted from Ethiopia! :)
DS 3 #4 - twins conceived 1st round with follistim/IUI

Biggest issue for me is PCOS.
We did not need IUI, but the RE told me it upped the chances of getting pregnant.
This next go around I want to tell my RE that we are going to try timed intercourse.

Should I contribute my bio sons to my PCOS? Especially the IUI which gave me the twins...because otherwise I'm a little stumped. I love dairy foods and sweets (I could eat cake like things all day long). At 5'7" and 150 lbs, I am not overweight, but am going to try to get back down to my college weight (15 lbs lighter)...
My PCOS diagnosis is due to high testosterone and very irregular/missed periods.
So much of the girl sway is unrelated to PCOS and I have yet to see an informative thread about injectables/IUI and swaying pink....
Anyone have suggestions on diet? I don't cook with a lot of salt, but we do eat ground turkey and chicken a ton...
Generally I shy away from noodles, rice, starchy veggies.
My RE will most likely put me back on Metformin and progesterone and then follistim followed by an HCG trigger shot when my eggs (though hopefully only just one this time!) are ripe.
I would be overjoyed if anyone could point me in the right direction as far as diet and supplements for my specific predicament.
I understand exercise/weight loss will play a huge roll....I'm on it.
Otherwise, I feel totally lost.
Katie
wife to Tim (7 1/2 yrs)
mom to Cale (5), Megersa (2 1/2), Thaddeus & Shepherd (14 months) :)

Ribbons
May 4th, 2012, 06:11 PM

Welcome fourunderfour! I'm sorry I don't have any info for you b/c I do not deal with PCOS and unfamiliar with IUI, but just wanted to say that your children have beautiful names!! I LOVE the name Shepherd.

zanacal
May 5th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Gosh ladies...this is such an informative thread! I have been stalking gender forums for days now (staying up waaaaay too late too). I need some serious help!
I have 4 sons and we are going to try once more for a daughter.
Pregnancy history?
DS 1 - conceived 3rd try (first 2 attempts on clomid 50) - when bumped to 100mg - bam!
baby lost at 10 weeks gestation (conceived on clomid 100mg first try)
DS2 - Adopted from Ethiopia! :)
DS 3 #4 - twins conceived 1st round with follistim/IUI

Biggest issue for me is PCOS.
We did not need IUI, but the RE told me it upped the chances of getting pregnant.
This next go around I want to tell my RE that we are going to try timed intercourse.

Should I contribute my bio sons to my PCOS? Especially the IUI which gave me the twins...because otherwise I'm a little stumped. I love dairy foods and sweets (I could eat cake like things all day long). At 5'7" and 150 lbs, I am not overweight, but am going to try to get back down to my college weight (15 lbs lighter)...
My PCOS diagnosis is due to high testosterone and very irregular/missed periods.
So much of the girl sway is unrelated to PCOS and I have yet to see an informative thread about injectables/IUI and swaying pink....
Anyone have suggestions on diet? I don't cook with a lot of salt, but we do eat ground turkey and chicken a ton...
Generally I shy away from noodles, rice, starchy veggies.
My RE will most likely put me back on Metformin and progesterone and then follistim followed by an HCG trigger shot when my eggs (though hopefully only just one this time!) are ripe.
I would be overjoyed if anyone could point me in the right direction as far as diet and supplements for my specific predicament.
I understand exercise/weight loss will play a huge roll....I'm on it.
Otherwise, I feel totally lost.
Katie
wife to Tim (7 1/2 yrs)

Bumping this up for you so Atomic sees it ...

fourunderfour
May 6th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Thanks so much! Boy names can be tough - so many little girls are getting boy names, so we had to try and find some super masculine ones (well, with Megersa, we kept his Ethiopian name). ;)

atomic sagebrush
May 6th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Hi four, sorry for not getting back more quickly but one of my older sons is taking his driving exam later this week and I've been trying to drive with him as much as I could the last few days becasue we really need for him to pass!!

IUI does sway blue. The reason why there aren't any threads about how to sway pink while doing IUI is because when you do IUI, you bypass all the things that probably sway and put sperm directly at egg. High numbers of capacitated (washed) sperm at the egg = more boys unfortunately.

You CAN'T do timed intercourse with IUI or do any swaying at all. The odds of getting pg with IUI are not super high to begin with, and you need to do whatever it takes to get pg when you do IUI. You were very lucky to get pg your first round of IUI - typically it takes more cycles than that and that is with ideal timing. If you start messing around with timing, you are only wasting your money on cycles that won't achieve pregnancy. Timing doesn't sway anyway, so you only reduce your odds of success for something that does not even sway to begin with.

My advice would be to skip the IUI and return to the Clomid (as long as you're under 35). Clomid sways pink, and while PCOS does tend to sway blue, and people do conceive both boys and girls on Clomid, there are still plenty of women with PCOS who've conceived girls on Clomid (Kate Gosselin conceived 5!)

If you have high testosterone, you're more "set" for boys regardless of what you eat. There is conflicting data on whether high dairy intake even sways pink anyway. I conceived 4 boys eating tons of dairy, one of whom was a failed sway where I was also popping cal-mag-Vit. D supps like a madwoman, then I conceived my DD while I was eating the lowest dairy intake I've ever had in my entire life. On this site we've had 15 successes of people swaying without taking cal-mag, and only 5 opposites - at the same time, the people who were taking the cal-mag and eating dairy had 13 successes and 13 opposites. The data simply does not support the idea that dairy intake sways pink. Please read the following essays for more info about that (three part essay with links in the first essay to the other two)http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/610-calcium-conundrum-controversial.html

Cake doesn't sway pink, high blood sugar sways blue so if you eat cake all day long, your blood sugar stays elevated all day. Also, if you ate cake with milk, the sugar in the cake causes your blood sugar to rise and then the protein in the milk keeps it high longer. For swaying pink, you want LOW blood sugar. Also, for people with PCOS (who cannot digest carbs as effectively as others can) the more carbs you eat, the higher your blood sugar goes and with PCOS, high blood sugar = high testosterone. You may have been swaying blue with PCOS, and a high dairy, high cake diet!!

My point is, your diet was VERY VERY VERY blue-friendly for you with your PCOS, and so I wouldn't hesitate to try swaying again with Clomid on a different diet. If that is not an option medically and you need IUI, I suggest looking into one of the sperm spinning methods and the HT crew can help you with that - you might want to message Ashkash and ask her because she went that route.

fourunderfour
May 6th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Hi Atomic,
There are a few things that I need to correct, for fear that my initial question suggested I only did certain things.
I have already been on clomid and conceived a boy (and another I lost). After I had my m/c they bumped my clomid to 150mg and my body wasn't responding so I was told it had "run it's course."
So, we did follistim with our twins.
I could suggest to my RE at the end of this month that I'd like to be on clomid, but I can almost guarantee she would consider it a waste of time with it proving to be ineffective in the past 3-4 cycles I've used it. And that makes sense. Clomid has way more side effects than injectables...
That being said, we do not NEED IUI. We merely used it because the RE docs here said it would help us get pregnant - bumping the odds of conception from 15% to 18%.
I understand now that sways blue, which is why we will try timed intercourse instead this time (I know you can't do both IUI and TI...but you can do follistim and TI - a friend of mine just had a baby GIRL using that method).
I will also say that I COULD eat cake all day - not that I do. Basically that I like sweets but not that I indulge in them or did when ttc my sons.
I was on metformin and progesterone when doing follistim (supposedly swaying pink?) but it was probably cancelled out by the IUI.
There is some that say IUI could favors girls in that many of the weaker XY sperm do not survive the wash...but other thoughts are that it is really just equal attempt since the sperm is placed directly next to the egg. :think:
ANYWAY...we aren't necessarily "wasting money" with doing infertility treatments. We have a HUGE cap before we aren't covered anymore - and we can do up to 6 IUI and 3 IVF cycles for free.
This will be our last pregnancy and it hasn't taken me more than 3 months to get pregnant with the 3 I achieved before - but we were just following orders from the doc w/ when to dtd.
I guess I just need to look at diet. My dx of pcos is it b/c of high testosterone and irregular periods.
Kate Gosselin was most likely a unique case at best. Seems as though they were not monitoring her at all. Most of my friends using fertility meds do not have multiples...
I have read the calcium essay you mentioned once before so I am not convinced it is best for me - esp with higher testosterone.
As far as sperm spinning - I've have found and called only 1 place that can do anything with regards to gender selection (we do not believe in PGD) - and they do not do microsort. Their quote for a girl was up to 65% at best with IUI, but I dont think it'd be worth $1450 a cycle with those odds...
what would you suggest for diet? Are you sorta saying that the odds of conceiving a girl are VERY slim...b/c that's kinda what I'm getting. :tissue:
Oh, and thanks for getting back to me. :)

Hi four, sorry for not getting back more quickly but one of my older sons is taking his driving exam later this week and I've been trying to drive with him as much as I could the last few days becasue we really need for him to pass!!

IUI does sway blue. The reason why there aren't any threads about how to sway pink while doing IUI is because when you do IUI, you bypass all the things that probably sway and put sperm directly at egg. High numbers of capacitated (washed) sperm at the egg = more boys unfortunately.

You CAN'T do timed intercourse with IUI or do any swaying at all. The odds of getting pg with IUI are not super high to begin with, and you need to do whatever it takes to get pg when you do IUI. You were very lucky to get pg your first round of IUI - typically it takes more cycles than that and that is with ideal timing. If you start messing around with timing, you are only wasting your money on cycles that won't achieve pregnancy. Timing doesn't sway anyway, so you only reduce your odds of success for something that does not even sway to begin with.

My advice would be to skip the IUI and return to the Clomid (as long as you're under 35). Clomid sways pink, and while PCOS does tend to sway blue, and people do conceive both boys and girls on Clomid, there are still plenty of women with PCOS who've conceived girls on Clomid (Kate Gosselin conceived 5!)

If you have high testosterone, you're more "set" for boys regardless of what you eat. There is conflicting data on whether high dairy intake even sways pink anyway. I conceived 4 boys eating tons of dairy, one of whom was a failed sway where I was also popping cal-mag-Vit. D supps like a madwoman, then I conceived my DD while I was eating the lowest dairy intake I've ever had in my entire life. On this site we've had 15 successes of people swaying without taking cal-mag, and only 5 opposites - at the same time, the people who were taking the cal-mag and eating dairy had 13 successes and 13 opposites. The data simply does not support the idea that dairy intake sways pink. Please read the following essays for more info about that (three part essay with links in the first essay to the other two)http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/610-calcium-conundrum-controversial.html

Cake doesn't sway pink, high blood sugar sways blue so if you eat cake all day long, your blood sugar stays elevated all day. Also, if you ate cake with milk, the sugar in the cake causes your blood sugar to rise and then the protein in the milk keeps it high longer. For swaying pink, you want LOW blood sugar. Also, for people with PCOS (who cannot digest carbs as effectively as others can) the more carbs you eat, the higher your blood sugar goes and with PCOS, high blood sugar = high testosterone. You may have been swaying blue with PCOS, and a high dairy, high cake diet!!

My point is, your diet was VERY VERY VERY blue-friendly for you with your PCOS, and so I wouldn't hesitate to try swaying again with Clomid on a different diet. If that is not an option medically and you need IUI, I suggest looking into one of the sperm spinning methods and the HT crew can help you with that - you might want to message Ashkash and ask her because she went that route.

atomic sagebrush
May 6th, 2012, 05:57 PM
1)Yes, if you weren't responding to Clomid then you have to move onto Follistim. From what you'd written it sounded like the RE's had moved you onto IUI possibly because of your loss on Clomid - they do that sometimes.

2)There was just a woman on here who had talked her doctor into doing a so-called "girl timing" with IUI and she was not doing good timing at all for IUI, and reducing her odds of conception by quite a lot. I just wanted to make sure that's not what you were talking about. You can absolutely conceive naturally on Follistim and in your circumstances, that's what I would recommend since you'd like to try some swaying tactics. Timing doesn't sway and I just don't want you to waste your time or money doing IUI with less than optimal timing, if that makes sense.

3)Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you ate cake all day long or would. I was simply attempting to explain why you can eat foods that appear to be pink friendly and still conceive boys. It's totally possible to eat sweets and conceive boys, I've done it 4 times over! ;)

4)Metformin does sway pink, but the problem with IUI is, you are placing lots of capacitated sperm very close to the egg and you totally avoid things like the vaginal environment, CM, glucose levels (which would be where the Metformin would come in anyway) and other things that may sway along the way. I'm not saying no one ever gets girls with IUI, far from it, but I do believe more boys are conceived that way. Like with everything having to do with swaying/fertility, there are studies that point both ways but I think the data supports it.

5)Y sperm are not weaker than X sperm, that's been debunked. Please read the following essays for a full explanation of this. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/7691-trouble-timing.html http://genderdreaming.com/forum/science-behind-gender-swaying/1562-what-real-differences-between-x-sperm-y-sperm.html

6)Sorry again, I'm not trying to imply you're wasting money on fertility treatments, I'm trying to help ensure that you DON'T waste time/money attempting to sway while going HT. As you already know, IUI has to be carefully timed to make sure that the sperm are present at the right time. From what you said it appeared to me like you were considering altering timing of your IUI to include some sort of Shettles techniques (which have been debunked anyway) and since it's recently been brought to my attention that at least one fertility clinic is doing this, I was concerned for your sake. That's not the case for you, clearly. I also wanted to warn you against trying to lower your husband's sperm count or either of you taking swaying supps, because you need to have good numbers of healthy sperm and optimal conditions in your uterus and tubes for the IUI to work - pink swaying generally consists of methods that are sperm-hostile. It's great that IUI worked so easily for you thus far, that hasn't been the case for everyone unfortunately and I'm trying to look out for your best interest.

6)The only reason I mention Kate Gosselin was to give you hope that it's totally possible to conceive girls even when you have PCOS. Kate was actually being quite closely monitored, her IUI had been cancelled because she had so many follicles, and she had natural intercourse against her doctor's orders when she conceived the sextuplets. That's neither here nor there but there are women with PCOS who have girls, that's all I'm saying. Please don't give up hope.

7)Microsort is off the table unfortunately, they've decided not to pursue the technology (altho it may be still possible in Mexico and the HT ladies will know more about that.) There are the spinning technologies available - I personally am in agreement with you, I wouldn't spend the money on it either but I did want you to be aware of their existence.

8)I am absolutely NOT telling you your odds of conceiving a girl are slim. I'm simply saying a) don't sway while doing IUI b) IUI may not be the best method for you if you want to sway (which is why I suggested Clomid). I believe, and I feel that the data supports, the idea that it is the sperm's journey to the egg that sways and IUI bypasses much of that journey. But plenty of women DO get girls from IUI. I simply don't want you to ruin your odds of pregnancy if IUI was the best option for you to conceive with. If you can't get pregnant, you have no chances of your DG.

Please understand I can not read minds and can only go off of the snapshot of data I get from your post...I can't know your medical history as I'm sure you can understand. I'm terribly sorry if I've given any offense, it was not at all my intention.

fourunderfour
May 6th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Atomic,
Thanks again for writing back to me.
I'm not an easily offended person, so please don't apologize! :) I hope I didn't seem snotty to you!! All of this swaying stuff is so confusing and SO different for each person that that is overwhelming in and of itself - so when adding on fertility issues, its kinda making me a lil batty!
I get the feeling that we were 'encouraged' to do IUI b/c it makes the RE more money, not because of the m/c. We lost baby #2 when living in another state and adopted DS#2 in the meantime....
We are not going to do IUI for conception this time...so we are essentially working with follistim, HCG (trigger shot) and timed intercourse. (Well, with me being on metformin and progesterone too)
(Interesting to know about Kate G though - thanks for telling me! I surely thought there had to have been something off for her to conceive so many with clomid!!)
If timing has been 'debunked' and supplements are debunked (note: hubby's sperm is "champion sperm" according to our RE)...what WILL help?
Diet and exercise? Would you recommend the LE diet for someone with PCOS and higher testosterone (note: mine is on the "low side of high"?
And can I ask why Clomid is suppose to sway pink so much? Because it lowers estrogen?
I'm still at a huge loss....I feel like I have absolutely no idea what to do.
What would YOU do if you were me?

1)Yes, if you weren't responding to Clomid then you have to move onto Follistim. From what you'd written it sounded like the RE's had moved you onto IUI possibly because of your loss on Clomid - they do that sometimes.

2)There was just a woman on here who had talked her doctor into doing a so-called "girl timing" with IUI and she was not doing good timing at all for IUI, and reducing her odds of conception by quite a lot. I just wanted to make sure that's not what you were talking about. You can absolutely conceive naturally on Follistim and in your circumstances, that's what I would recommend since you'd like to try some swaying tactics. Timing doesn't sway and I just don't want you to waste your time or money doing IUI with less than optimal timing, if that makes sense.

3)Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you ate cake all day long or would. I was simply attempting to explain why you can eat foods that appear to be pink friendly and still conceive boys. It's totally possible to eat sweets and conceive boys, I've done it 4 times over! ;)

4)Metformin does sway pink, but the problem with IUI is, you are placing lots of capacitated sperm very close to the egg and you totally avoid things like the vaginal environment, CM, glucose levels (which would be where the Metformin would come in anyway) and other things that may sway along the way. I'm not saying no one ever gets girls with IUI, far from it, but I do believe more boys are conceived that way. Like with everything having to do with swaying/fertility, there are studies that point both ways but I think the data supports it.

5)Y sperm are not weaker than X sperm, that's been debunked. Please read the following essays for a full explanation of this. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/7691-trouble-timing.html http://genderdreaming.com/forum/science-behind-gender-swaying/1562-what-real-differences-between-x-sperm-y-sperm.html

6)Sorry again, I'm not trying to imply you're wasting money on fertility treatments, I'm trying to help ensure that you DON'T waste time/money attempting to sway while going HT. As you already know, IUI has to be carefully timed to make sure that the sperm are present at the right time. From what you said it appeared to me like you were considering altering timing of your IUI to include some sort of Shettles techniques (which have been debunked anyway) and since it's recently been brought to my attention that at least one fertility clinic is doing this, I was concerned for your sake. That's not the case for you, clearly. I also wanted to warn you against trying to lower your husband's sperm count or either of you taking swaying supps, because you need to have good numbers of healthy sperm and optimal conditions in your uterus and tubes for the IUI to work - pink swaying generally consists of methods that are sperm-hostile. It's great that IUI worked so easily for you thus far, that hasn't been the case for everyone unfortunately and I'm trying to look out for your best interest.

6)The only reason I mention Kate Gosselin was to give you hope that it's totally possible to conceive girls even when you have PCOS. Kate was actually being quite closely monitored, her IUI had been cancelled because she had so many follicles, and she had natural intercourse against her doctor's orders when she conceived the sextuplets. That's neither here nor there but there are women with PCOS who have girls, that's all I'm saying. Please don't give up hope.

7)Microsort is off the table unfortunately, they've decided not to pursue the technology (altho it may be still possible in Mexico and the HT ladies will know more about that.) There are the spinning technologies available - I personally am in agreement with you, I wouldn't spend the money on it either but I did want you to be aware of their existence.

8)I am absolutely NOT telling you your odds of conceiving a girl are slim. I'm simply saying a) don't sway while doing IUI b) IUI may not be the best method for you if you want to sway (which is why I suggested Clomid). I believe, and I feel that the data supports, the idea that it is the sperm's journey to the egg that sways and IUI bypasses much of that journey. But plenty of women DO get girls from IUI. I simply don't want you to ruin your odds of pregnancy if IUI was the best option for you to conceive with. If you can't get pregnant, you have no chances of your DG.

Please understand I can not read minds and can only go off of the snapshot of data I get from your post...I can't know your medical history as I'm sure you can understand. I'm terribly sorry if I've given any offense, it was not at all my intention.

zanacal
May 7th, 2012, 05:09 AM
fourunderfour - I'm posting this link on swaying and PCOS in case you haven't already seen it:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/9052-swaying-under-special-circumstances-part-3-pcos.html

HappyMedium
May 15th, 2012, 02:32 PM
I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!! I contributed to HOw to make boys..and whoa it is crazy the differences in boy and girl mom diets...I AM feeling so much better about Oing early...we planned on BDing through O, but I wasn't prepared...after reading this...maybe my diet will carry us through...PLEASE GOD!!!!!:ttcgirl:

atomic sagebrush
May 15th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Four, I missed your follow up q's the first time thru and will answer tomorrow when I have a bit more time.

never be shy about shooting me a PM with a link to a thread I need to answer!! I answer a lot of q's some days and sometimes click on a thread to answer and then get interrupted before I get to it. So then the thread is no longer lit up and I think I've answered it. I'll always answer every thread, so if you've ever asked q's on a thread and it seems like I'm ignoring you, either bump it or send me a PM, because it's an oversight. I appreciate it!

fourunderfour
May 15th, 2012, 11:13 PM
AS, I kinda have a handle on those questions I asked. I feel like I'm bombarding you with Qs anyway! I'll keep in mind about the PM.
my main thought is the best options for a diet with PCOS...never seemed to care much about it before. i guess i was sorta happy i didn't have the 'weight gain, acne, or facial hair' symptoms...so I didn't care to control it.
But now it seems much more important!! ha! :)
Thanks again!

Jenneilbluebell
June 17th, 2012, 05:36 AM
hi everyone im new here this thread is great and very useful! im definately goiing to be trying the LE diet :) :) xxxx

Babyy Love
June 17th, 2012, 10:44 PM
I wish I could've dieted better because I'm feeling that oh no I did everything wrong pressure but if I have a boy I'm fine with it. I've always wanted 2 girls and a boy in that order but if I'm having a boy now I hope I have 2 girls later on I just can't explain how bad I wanted my boy to be the baby but at least next time I will be way more strict on the LE diet. On the plus side I lost a lot of weight before conceiving. And after a year plus TTC I'm finally gonna be a mommy :tissue:

Cinss
June 18th, 2012, 03:24 AM
When my DD was concieved i was already thin. I did yoga and weights everyday and walked my dog everyday for about 45mins. I would have a cup of coffee for breakfast and didnt really drink anything except water through the day and then at night i would have a couple of beers. As for food i was just a picker if my stomach would really growl at me i would know it was time to eat something usually a chunk of cheese or a packet of chips. Dinner was my main meal and i would just have whatever i wanted like sushi, take away burgers, frozen dinners, lasagne, fish, just whatever was convienient. I didnt especially like salads or vegitables and now that i think about it i didnt really eat fruit either, most of my snacky foods came out of packets. I took a prenatal for 1 month prior to conception and we concieved her 1st month trying. We DTD every second day for the whole month, and i didnt need any lubrication. Oh and probably should mention my DP and I both smoked.

babyblessings
June 18th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Hi Everyone - thought I would put add my experience for what its worth.
Love having the boy moms help us 'TTC boys' out so very glad to be able to do that for you TTC girls!

both DD's were conceived right over O! But, I have never had much moisture, and so at least one of them was with the help of some KY - if not both.
DD2 was actually a failed boy sway. So I actually am not sure how much 'poistion' helps - if you know what I mean ;-)

I rarely ate breakfast, and DH is also very bad - almost never ever eats breakfast either - in fact, before starting the HE diet, his first meal could easily have been after lunch! He is also eats not a big fruit or veg person at all. I will admit that I too was not very healthy with snacks and my healthiest meal was definitely dinner - mostly meat and 2 veg, but generally, like Cinss, my snacks came out of packets. Not very nutricious! I also only took a pre-natal multivitamin for the month that we were trying - both DDs were conceived pretty quickly. I was not on any multi vit before the prenatal, nor on any supplements. I suck at drinking water too, so no shock as to why I struggled with dryness!

Mum23boys
June 27th, 2012, 02:47 PM
What is Vitex ? Sorry to interupt your post

LimeRikki
June 27th, 2012, 06:48 PM
This is so helpful! I think I'm sold on LE diet. That will be the hardest part for me since I'm super underweight as it is. But I'll do anything to get a DD. I noticed a lot of you mom's of girls ran as your form of exercise. Any other cardio ideas? I'm going to post on the mom's with son's board because this has been so helpful. So I want to help you ladies who are ttc boys! Sending you all the positive blue energy that I can!

LimeRikki
June 27th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Also, what about alcohol consumption? Were any of you guys drinking much when you conceived your dd's? I don't drink at all, so maybe that's one thing I need to change!

atomic sagebrush
June 27th, 2012, 09:42 PM
What is Vitex ? Sorry to interupt your post

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/1094-vitex-faq-share-your-experiences-here.html

atomic sagebrush
June 27th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Also, what about alcohol consumption? Were any of you guys drinking much when you conceived your dd's? I don't drink at all, so maybe that's one thing I need to change!

Drinking alcohol was one thing I did diff. between my boys (none) and my girl. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/6285-heavy-drinker-being-drunk-during-conception-sways-pink.html

Exercise is found here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/1411-exercise-enigma-both-genders.html

LimeRikki
June 28th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Drinking alcohol was one thing I did diff. between my boys (none) and my girl. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/6285-heavy-drinker-being-drunk-during-conception-sways-pink.html

Exercise is found here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/1411-exercise-enigma-both-genders.html

Thanks, atomic. I'm checking out the links now!

Peachy
July 3rd, 2012, 11:18 AM
Girls, only discovered this site in the last couple of days. This thread is amazing, thank you all so much for posting. As a mum to 2 boys I'll post my story on the other thread but it's the opposite to most of your stories really. Great site, thanks again!

Dancin Machine
July 8th, 2012, 02:30 AM
I second Peachy, I'm also a mom to two boys and this has been really awesome. I'll go post on the TTC boys too. Thanks again!

Blue chance2013
July 19th, 2012, 08:47 PM
When I conceived my DD... I ate breakfast every morning, but it was usually unhealthy sugary cereal. Then I didn't eat anything until lunch which was usually a sandwhich in white bread or ramen. We ate fast food a lot. I never really ate fruits and veggies. I ate tons of sweets. I love snack cakes and ice cream. I drank lots of diet soda. I was also walking on the treadmill occasionally because I was trying to lose weight before I got pregnant. We also DTD on O in doggy style position because I was trying to sway, but only new about timing and deep penetration (sorry for TMI). DH never really ate breakfast and ate similar to me for lunch and dinner. He was driving truck at the time and didn't get a lot of exercise. HTH :)

Mama
August 15th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Thanks for sharing your secrets! I am new here and hoping to give my son the baby sister he asked for!

6bluewant1pink
September 2nd, 2012, 08:19 PM
Thanks for sharing Ladies! I have 6boys so this is very helpful info! If anyone ever need advice in that area please feel free to contact me! thanks again!

4Giffins
September 14th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Hi all!
Im new here also and have two lovely little ladies! I have never really thought about my eating patterns when conceiving them until reading your post so Ill try and gather as much helpful info as possible!

DD1-I was 18 when she was concieved, after a night of drinking with my bf (now DH). I had just gotten off BCP as we were actually not together at the time, therefor we had both refrained from BD. It was a one time thing probably pretty close to O..all I knew about O then was that it usually happened two weeks before your next period. Now I know I have 33 day cycles and it was probably a few days before O. Diet was likely not good. I was a firefighter over the summer (she was concieved in Oct) and was not able to eat a lot of regular meals..probably drank more beer then I should have too!

DD2-I believe she was also conceived before O. I was spotty with BCP but I dont believe I was on any before TTC. I had just gotten married prior to TTC so I had been eating lightly trying to loose a little weight for that. Probably didnt BD more then once a week. I have always been slender and have done light cardio on and off, never lifted weights.

With both girls I was big on cereal, when I ate breakfast or maybe just a cup of yougurt or bagel with cream cheese. Both were concieved at night, girl on top position. I never noticed any EWCM and could never understand how some women knew when they O just by CM, so i know i didnt have much. Never took vitamins or drank pop or coffee, always drank milk with dinner, average meat consumption. I never ate a real consistant diet of anything that I can remember. Lots of cheetos and sweets!! DH usually doesnt eat breakfast and eats junk for lunch and meat and potatoes for dinner. Pretty junky diet and drank quite a bit of beer then, and pop and energy drinks. Also takes hot baths..strange I know lol...and chewed Copenhagen..he doesnt now so would be interesting to see if that helps with a boy since he eats a lot more since quiting!

helpmeonthis1
September 19th, 2012, 08:30 AM
With DD1 i was eating a lot of milkshakes strawberries, cookies, milk, yogurt you name it we bd thru o from af to three days after o.
Wit DD2 i ate about the same pasta with alfredo sauce, cheese i love cheese, ice creams, cookies, milk, chocolate a lot of chicken no red meat bd 3 days before O.
With DD3 the exact same diet with a cutt off 2 days before O.
This time i will make the sway of the swater all the opposite and i started on the Boy diet since July12 my attemps is for july 13 God willing. i will take all that blue dust yall boys mamas!! Thanks !!!

atomic sagebrush
September 23rd, 2012, 01:14 PM
Thanks for sharing Ladies! I have 6boys so this is very helpful info! If anyone ever need advice in that area please feel free to contact me! thanks again!

There is a comparable thread in the Blue forum so any ladies who have a spare sec, pop over and add your story to the rest!!

rayada1983
October 30th, 2012, 11:57 AM
this is very good information. I want to thank everyone who is posting. Send us all the pink baby dust that you can. :)

sbowman
October 31st, 2012, 03:46 PM
Wow, after reading all this I'm completely shocked that I'm having another boy. I did pretty much everything here just as my normal routine...I guess natural pink swaying won't work for me. :(

atomic sagebrush
November 3rd, 2012, 01:51 PM
Wow, after reading all this I'm completely shocked that I'm having another boy. I did pretty much everything here just as my normal routine...I guess natural pink swaying won't work for me. :(

Don't forget, Vitamin L is the most important thing of all - LUCK. Even if swaying was 80%, there would still be 20% opposites.

QOTD
December 13th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Wow, this is priceless! I'm going to bookmark it!

meeks32
December 13th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Bump. Keep them coming ladies!

fairyfrog
December 14th, 2012, 08:05 AM
MD, I think the vitex and then switching to soy, helped more than you know. In fact I have advised quite a few people to do that based on your experience!!!

DK if you remember Arabeth from IG but she did the exact same thing, took vitex for several months nonstop and then switched to Clomid rather than soy and also conceived a girl.
Did they take vitex af-af or af-ov??

atomic sagebrush
December 14th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Did they take vitex af-af or af-ov??

Both the posters I was talking about took vitex af-af for many months (not sure about MD but I know Arabeth was TTC for 8 months) and did not get pg. Both got pg the month they stopped the vitex, MD with the soy and Arabeth with the Clomid.

Vitex used to be used as a birth control pill back in the Middle Ages and it seems like it is pretty darn effective for some people when taken all month long.

afy
December 14th, 2012, 10:17 AM
I thought i would add mine in here too.. well when i conceived my DD i was the thinnest i have ever been as i was constantly conscious about exercising. I would do cardio for 2miles every other day sometimes weights and pilates.. I never hardly had fruit or veg maybe once in a while or 1 or twice in a week. I was drinking ALOT of cranberry. My diet did include most stuff but i would starve myself then eat or I mostly only ate once or twice in the day i was at that point where i enjoyed feeling hungry!
.. and if i I was eating i would indulge bready stuff ( yes Im a Bread girl!!) My DH and I were living apart at the time so when i came over to the states it was almos like DTD every day!! and thats when i concieved my DD that same month we decided to not use any protections i do remember we sometimes us KY lubricant.. However im not sure if i reached big O' when DTD sometimes i did or didnt... and almos every time i had DTD i would either stand up lol or go bathroom ..( always seen the lil swimmers floating in the toilet lol)..I never took any vitamins or minerals.. and my skin wasnt in good shape either mainly due to lack of vitamins etc..

I hope it helps those who are swaying pink feel free to ask questions!! xx

NearlyDone
December 14th, 2012, 10:30 AM
When i concieved my girls i never ate breakfast........hardly ever lunch either mainly just an evening meal
Ate chicken lots(dont like other meats except sausasge+bacon)
3 of my girls were shettles timing(for a boy) so dont put much stock into that personally
Im actually pretty big on salt which is one thing that surprised me but when i swayed boy i switched from regular table salt to sea salt(so maybe table salt is not as boy friendly??)
Lots of fizzy drinks with most of my girls
And i never had EWCM with the girls xx

atomic sagebrush
December 14th, 2012, 01:03 PM
I don't buy the "salt sways blue" bizness and got my girl with both dh and i eating lots of salt after a failed IG sway where I was avoiding it.

hotdogz&boyz
December 14th, 2012, 02:23 PM
^^I don't either. Restricting salt was not a huge part of my sway and we are getting pink. My sway only really included five aspects: low blood sugar, breastfeeding, sleeping like CRAP (baby liked to nurse all.night.long), refresh, and DH using licorice root/antihistamines. When it came down to it...those were the biggest differences between our girl conception and our boys. Sure, there were little other things that may have factored in (the possiblity of getting sick that week, using LE diet principles of "low nutrients," losing weight rapidly before conception). But I do think the biggest factors were what I listed. Timing, positioning, cutting out salt, adding calcium, having an orgasm or not didn't seem to matter at all. But...I mighta just been "lucky" and gotten pink no matter what I did or didn't do. Compared to some sways, mine was very mild.

4girls-and-counting
December 14th, 2012, 05:29 PM
This is a great thread! I have four girls and noticed something I never had before. I seem to naturally eat for " pink" so that all makes scence to me. What was intresting to me is the exersize and weight loss comments .
I have always had lean muscle but never skinny.
DD1- I was working full time in retail ,so I was very active.
DD2 - I was teaching dance and very active loosing weight.
DD3- I did loose ten pounds on a crash diet.
DD4- I was again trying to loose weight.
Very intresting!
Looks like I better get to the gym!!! I sure am eating for a pink sway ...the only exersize I'm getting is from chowing lol!!

atomic sagebrush
December 14th, 2012, 08:47 PM
^^I don't either. Restricting salt was not a huge part of my sway and we are getting pink. My sway only really included five aspects: low blood sugar, breastfeeding, sleeping like CRAP (baby liked to nurse all.night.long), refresh, and DH using licorice root/antihistamines. When it came down to it...those were the biggest differences between our girl conception and our boys. Sure, there were little other things that may have factored in (the possiblity of getting sick that week, using LE diet principles of "low nutrients," losing weight rapidly before conception). But I do think the biggest factors were what I listed. Timing, positioning, cutting out salt, adding calcium, having an orgasm or not didn't seem to matter at all. But...I mighta just been "lucky" and gotten pink no matter what I did or didn't do. Compared to some sways, mine was very mild.

AAA did I know that already?? Huge congrats!!!

mommymachine
January 14th, 2013, 08:51 PM
This is great!

meeks32
January 15th, 2013, 04:22 AM
I am so in awe of the ladies that naturally ate a girl diet. I hate feeling hungry all the time and skipping breakfast makes me SO moody!

Keep them coming ladies, the more we have the more we can understand and draw parallels.

I noticed the same thing many of you have, that I 'naturally' followed quite a blue pattern of eating without thinking about it. I really believe diet sways more than any other factor.

mrsellis127
January 17th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Hi ladies,
We actually just found out we are having a girl...our first baby! We actually did Shettles for a BOY! So another opposite!!! We thought timing was so important...we did not focus much on our diets.
We own two separate businesses and both work full time. Stress level was average considering. Hubby smokes MJ to help with his very bad back problems! (only once a day, away from our home. he does physical labor so it helps him!) This reduces fertility, which I knew, but I did not know it sways pink! But it makes sense to me now! Neither of us drink alcohol or smoke cigs. Our diet was always Nothing in Excess. Hardly ate out, maybe once or twice a month. I would always cook at home. I would watch our salt intake, red meat about once a week. Hardly any potatoes. We would have chicken, turkey and and some vegetables more than anything. White rice. Salads and sandwiches. Sometimes pasta with meat and tomatoes, mostly ground turkey. Plus, I would ALWAYS skip breakfast, and would be starving by 1130am when I finally ate something! I would only have about a half a cup of coffee and black tea on weekends. Sometimes sodas, maybe once or twice a week. Only eat eggs on weekend mornings. I did have cereal though, maybe three times a week before bed. Neither of us worked out much, MAYBE once every two weeks! We watched what we ate instead. Both of us are pretty slim.
By the way, we one dtd once, 19 hours after getting a +OPK. I was only taking prenatal vitamins.
I know our habits were not great for making a boy! We are hoping to change that once our little pumpkin arrives!
All in all, I suppose it was a girl friendly diet!
Good luck everyone!

mrsellis127
January 17th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Also I thought I should mention that we don't have sex that often. He works until real late and we're always busy. We're more of the cuddle type couple! Not sure if that matters...but it seems like the boy moms have sex all the time!

mariposa
January 17th, 2013, 01:29 PM
thanks for sharing! congrats on your girl!! The first child for a couple is so special!!!
I see you only DTD once, can I ask you if you did abstinence or frequent release? thanks

mariposa
January 17th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Also I thought I should mention that we don't have sex that often. He works until real late and we're always busy. We're more of the cuddle type couple! Not sure if that matters...but it seems like the boy moms have sex all the time!

oh, sorry, you have already added it! congrats again!!!

mrsellis127
January 17th, 2013, 01:40 PM
I never asked him how much he released prior...didn't know about this either. Stupid shettles book! Anyway, I keep thinking of other things that might be helpful..I am usually vaginally dry, we always have to use lube. I also never paid attention to my cycles before ttc, but before our attempt I remember having CM a few days before my +OPK. I'm also pretty regular, and only get a little CM before ovulation. I did not have CM at all the day we dtd. AND we used some preseed right before dtd. It came as a sample with my Clearblue OPKs...thats the only reason we had it. I didn't know it helped with blue or else I would have been using a lot more.

mariposa
January 17th, 2013, 03:09 PM
thanks for the info, it´s very useful! congrats again!!!:)

meeks32
January 17th, 2013, 08:41 PM

Lol that made me laugh. It's so true though. When I conceived both my boys we did it like every 2 days, 3 at latest! Sometimes every day.

Lara3
January 17th, 2013, 11:33 PM
I have a question. A lot of people I know have had girls relatively soon after having boys via c sections. Just wondering if any of you mums to girls have noticed this or if there's anything in it? Thanks!!

XXPlease
January 17th, 2013, 11:56 PM
How soon is relatively soon?

meeks32
January 18th, 2013, 01:41 AM
Would just like to say, for anyone feeling uninspired, swaying totally works! I did the swaying quiz on my girlfriend when she conceived (you know, all the main questions revolving around the GD sway philosophy) and told her she should have a girl. 10 months later she just did! She was typical LE diet, no multivitamins, only did it once during o week after abstain, etc etc.

I am totally rejuvenated with this news that it will all be worth it!

Lara3
January 18th, 2013, 06:20 AM
By soon I mean conceiving around 6-9 months

CherryBlossom
January 18th, 2013, 06:39 AM
I conceived my second son 11 months after having a c section...

Tree
January 19th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Very useful! Thank you!

2lovelyboys
January 22nd, 2013, 05:43 AM
Lara3, I also conceived DS2 11 months after a c section

SaraLou
January 22nd, 2013, 09:37 AM
Just adding my (unqualified!) experience. When I conceived dd I had a rubbish diet - lots of sugary snacks, long gaps between meals, very little protein lots of carbs. I was skinny (well I didn't think so at the time - but I was underweight BMI), did loads of cardio type exercises, loved running - never did weights. Never ate breakfast. Never took any vitamins, or prenatal (dd wasn't planned - best suprise ever!) and I was a bit of a party animal so drank a lot and had little sleep. Not sure when she was conceived, thinking back I think maybe she would have been just after ovulation, but I really am not sure. I am totally career driven and I remember being quite stressed with work at the time. Certainly not advocating my poor diet as an approach to take but I think you can draw out elements of it.... I also (apols tmi!) used to get up straight after dtd and go to the loo.

Good luck pink swayers - fingers crossed for you all :)

mariposa
January 22nd, 2013, 12:47 PM
Thanks very much for share it! Congrats on your DD!!!

radicalhope
January 22nd, 2013, 06:40 PM
Thank you ladies for sharing! :)

Tammy123
January 24th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Hi my best friend conceived a daughter 6 months after c section and she was bf her ds at the time xx

meeks32
January 24th, 2013, 06:50 AM
I really don't think there's anything in the c-section thing and small gap. The small gap is more likely the girl sway factor there, because most women are radically loosing weight in the first 12 months after giving birth...

Sarajoy
February 5th, 2013, 01:04 AM
Hahaha!! Me too!!!

xxxx
February 7th, 2013, 01:30 AM
My Dd was conceieved when I was trying to remain slim after not seeing my DH for 6months. I used to eat lots of turkey/chicken, hadly red meat, beans once in 2 weeks and me and my DH used to argue over using tomatoes on fried egg or not,lol! as he loves to eat fried eggs with tomatoes but I just wanted plain fried eggs. It was in a hot weather, had no EWCM, only creamy. Sometimes DH needs to go down on me with his tongue (sorry tmi) just to make things happens easier. My DD was conceived 2days to OV and I fell Ill on OV day. HTH. Pink swayer pls stay off beans, you can eat this once in 2 weeks, it sways heavily. Has about 16.5% protein.

Lld2006
February 14th, 2013, 12:49 AM
Hi! I'm curious if any if you DTD on O day (accidentally). I was attempting O+12 and goofed and dud it on O day. Now I'm freaking out I messed it up big time!!!

Ciansmummy
February 14th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Will have a very long list of things to try, thanks all!

Shenanigans
February 16th, 2013, 12:08 AM
This is so interesting to read! Thanks to all who have added to it!

1+2+3boys
February 24th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Yay, another good post to read through. I'm determined to have a girl after my three boys but only want one more so am a serious swayer. Lucky number 7 perhaps for DP. He has three older boys so 6 sons including our three

Hopeful37
February 25th, 2013, 07:28 PM
so ladies who had girls....Do you remember if you had a lot of sex and got pregnant with your girl or did you abstain for a few days to a wk before? I am undecided if I want to abstain for a wk and then try or have sex very day to every other day to have my girl. My friend did every day to every other day and she got her girl...urgh,,,what do do, what to do....soo confusing

dloui128
February 25th, 2013, 09:16 PM
so ladies who had girls....Do you remember if you had a lot of sex and got pregnant with your girl or did you abstain for a few days to a wk before? I am undecided if I want to abstain for a wk and then try or have sex very day to every other day to have my girl. My friend did every day to every other day and she got her girl...urgh,,,what do do, what to do....soo confusing

My one DD was a OHW and my other DD we were trying so we were having sex all the time but she ended up being a 2 day cut off

tulip
February 25th, 2013, 11:12 PM
When I had DD, I used to eat a tub of hagen daas ice cream every couple of days ! I don't know when I O'd but I did a Jump & Dump immediately after ....I very very rarely ate meat ....ate only 2-3 meals a days and then ofcourse the icecream .....I think the LE diet+ J&D is a good way to get a girl ...:bigsmile:

Hopeful37
March 1st, 2013, 01:46 AM
Thanks you guys..how pathetic we can be. We should just be happy with a healthy baby. So many people around me are having autistic kids and that scares me. I have two healthy boys and I should just be blessed with that but I just can't help myself wanting that girl. I get mad at myself foe feeling this way but I want to have a girl so one day I can be close to her as I am to my mom. Plus, I don't want to always be the mother-in-law. Because when I need help with the kids, I rather have my mom then my mother in law. I love her but she's not my mom.......anyhow, just venting my thoughts.

2boys1girl
March 1st, 2013, 03:08 PM
For me lowering sperm count worked both times we conceived girls however, we lowered sperm count in 2 different ways. First girl, we were on our honeymoon so we dtd multiple times a day for 2 weeks straight!! 2nd girl, husband did FR for 12 days leading up to our 1 attempt. Both girls were conceived very close to ovulation(either day of or day before). Our 2 boys were concieved with cutoffs! My diet also played a huge role...was my very thinnest when conceiving our girls. Good luck to all!!

mrs magoo
March 2nd, 2013, 06:14 AM
great thread!!

marinewantspink
March 3rd, 2013, 12:41 PM
Agrrr, I am confused now about timing and sperm count! We bd before and through o several times a day and got boys both times, I guess in my case it was all about diet and probably ph but what shall I do for getting pink? Timing and sperm count? Looks like some ladies got their girls bding every day, but thats how I got my boys?! Hmmm

meeks32
March 3rd, 2013, 11:34 PM
Agrrr, I am confused now about timing and sperm count! We bd before and through o several times a day and got boys both times, I guess in my case it was all about diet and probably ph but what shall I do for getting pink? Timing and sperm count? Looks like some ladies got their girls bding every day, but thats how I got my boys?! Hmmm

Read atomic's essays on frequency and sperm count. It's about frequency, NOT timing. She recommends dtd at + opk. There are various tactics called Abstain (basically only dtd once in 7 days and dh is NOT allowed to release other than that once), and Frequent Release (basically dh must release 1-2 times a day but NOT inside you, unless you use a comdom. Then you start your attempts after 7 days of him releasing and from then on you can do it every day with him releasing inside of you.

I believe diet sways far more than frequency or sperm count ever will though. We did abstain but it's not safe for dh's over 40. We have also tried fr and compressed fr. After 10 months TTC I'm throwing frequency out the window and focussing on diet.

Also check out the ttc girl statistics spreadsheet.

mrs magoo
March 8th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Does anyone have link of boy version of this?

meeks32
March 8th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Does anyone have link of boy version of this?

http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1890

Amani90
March 15th, 2013, 07:47 AM
i never eat much, never had coffee, and never so sport haha i am lazy
have a low bmi 19. And have two boys...so weird

Am3a
March 15th, 2013, 10:54 AM
This thread is fabulous!

I just had a squiz at the boy forum - no wonder I have 2 boys! Always eat breakfast - LOVE red meat & salt, in fact I eat a very high protein diet to keep slim and prefer strength training to cardio. Rarely have dairy.

Atomic - I found your info on your boys... Are you able to share what you did to conceive your daughter?

Thanks!!

atomic sagebrush
March 16th, 2013, 01:57 PM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/9388-atomics-stealth-sway-updated-july-20-a.html

meeks32
March 16th, 2013, 10:07 PM
i never eat much, never had coffee, and never so sport haha i am lazy
have a low bmi 19. And have two boys...so weird

Interesting. Do you have pcos? Were you taking any medicine, vitamins or other herbal remedies? I was low bmi with my boys and didn't eat a lot but what I did eat was heavy on protein and salt and if I had a naughty day I would cheat on fat not sugar. I ate lots of dairy but that would have put me even higher for protein and fat, and I snacked frequently even if it was on things like carrot sticks or lettuce.

fyi Coffee doesn't sway, atomic says that idea came from the fact that lots of coffee often = lots of milk which = lots of calories, fat, protein and salt in the diet. In this case Black Coffee would be fine, or just one a day.

harleyquinn
March 16th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Amani90...also keep in mind our husbands DO play a part in this and we take alot of the burden on ourselves but maybe in some cases or all cases, the husband is contributing equally or more or less (obviously we don't know LOL).

I really do take a hard look at my DH because I have had ALOT of girl factors in my boy conceptions but here's the thing...we ALL have both girl and boy factors all of the time so you just never know what coin will get flipped.

atomic sagebrush
March 17th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Plus, even if you come into something with 80-20 odds at a girl, it's totally possible to hit that 20% opposite 2x in a row.

2 people I know have won the lottery in the last 2 years and that's even more unlikely!

bloom78
March 18th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Thanks ladies for sharing how you conceived your DD's. A question for the ladies that said they never really had any EWCM did you use any lube when TTC?

4Giffins
March 19th, 2013, 06:31 PM
I never noticed having EWCM when I concieved my girls..or until I started the HE diet! We never used lube when TTC. DD1 was 1 attempt before O unplanned, jumped and dumped right after cuz I didnt want to get prego. DD2 we had been trying for a couple months but we had decided to take a month off, DTD once that weekend and prego! I have no problem getting excited when DTD so no dryness problems/need for lube down there lol! Needless to say I definitely included multiple attempts in my boy sway!

babybabe
March 30th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Thanks for all the helpful info!

zebaniee
March 31st, 2013, 12:38 AM
Mother of two girls (4 & 2).

With both pregnancies I was eating lots of sweets, I was also trying to lose weight by restricting calories.

I hadn't started to use opk etc, but I had read somewhere that you should withold Dp release for a couple of days prior to sex to ensure there was heaps of sperm to make a boy. Well I got a beautiful daughter so it might be worth trying if you are after a girl :)

Prepsina2014
April 2nd, 2013, 07:32 AM
I have just read the entire thread - thanks for sharing. I am trying to get a girl this time and it is quite clear to me, that I did NOT eat a girl diet, when I conceived DS!! ;) We were not swaying - had never heard of it at the time. I will go write in the boy section to let you in on my "boy diet secrets" :)

Plantain
April 9th, 2013, 08:57 PM
With my DD2 and 3 I was BF and only 6mo postpartum. With DD1 we DTD daily (several times) and I was pretty thin. We also weren't eating a very balanced diet. Coffee for breakfast, sometimes with protein, sometimes not. Sandwiches and chips and fruit for lunch, meat & potatoes & veggie for supper. But probably not eating enough calories to fuel a strenuous work life. Both of us were stressed a lot, particularly DH. I also have low T, very sure about that. I'd like to see what the stats are on babies born close together, if steaks of girls are more common or not.

marinewantspink
April 10th, 2013, 11:20 AM
I'd like to see what the stats are on babies born close together, if steaks of girls are more common or not.

i would like to know too, going to ttc girl soon, but had my second son recently. heard the theory that babies born close together are mostly same gender though.

Emily
April 10th, 2013, 12:19 PM
i would like to know too, going to ttc girl soon, but had my second son recently. heard the theory that babies born close together are mostly same gender though.

By coincidence I just found out my friend is expecting a whoops baby - she got pg 6 months after giving birth to her daughter. She is expecting a boy but think that the food and vitamins she is taking would have swayed heavily for her as she was very skinny before.

1+2+3boys
April 12th, 2013, 02:53 AM
Just finished reading the whole thread and found it very useful thanks. It was nice to see peoples signatures under some comments and to see that they had had success swaying. I'll add how I got my boys to the other thread after I have had a read and hope I can help someone wanting a boy.
How do you know if you have high or low testosterone? I always suspected mine has been high due to my competitiveness but does body shape have anything to do with it? I am above average height with broad shoulders and back, square jaw and big hands and feet. How do you know what your PH is? Do you just pee on a strip?

Haking
April 16th, 2013, 08:39 PM
This a great thread! Thank you everyone for posting...I'm learning a lot!

atomic sagebrush
April 20th, 2013, 07:14 PM

That's not true!! :)

atomic sagebrush
April 20th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Just finished reading the whole thread and found it very useful thanks. It was nice to see peoples signatures under some comments and to see that they had had success swaying. I'll add how I got my boys to the other thread after I have had a read and hope I can help someone wanting a boy.
How do you know if you have high or low testosterone? I always suspected mine has been high due to my competitiveness but does body shape have anything to do with it? I am above average height with broad shoulders and back, square jaw and big hands and feet. How do you know what your PH is? Do you just pee on a strip?

You can have a blood test to know if you have high T or not. This essay may be of interest to you but don't read too much into it. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-boy/582-physical-symptoms-high-low-testosterone-women.html

pH tests are done on cervical mucus, not urine and you can read how to do that here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/2065-how-check-ph-dh-dw.html

Leebug
April 23rd, 2013, 04:19 PM
Hi Ladies!! Feel free to have every speck of my pink dust!! DD#1 I didn't know about swaying but unintentionally did almost a perfect PINK sway. WE DTD everyday for about 10 days before O and around O.Drank lots of cranberry juice, i was on a low cal diet, ate lots of fat free dairy-mozz sticks,yogurt.had a vodka drink almost everynight after work (high stress job).I ate lots of strawberries, raspberries, turkey.Brisk walk almost every day.DH was mountain biking a lot at the time, we had no kids so we actually had free time!! he wore these really tight spandex biking shorts which I think helped.I took Femaprin which is vitex & b6. I took this because I get chronic ovarian cysts and it prevented the cysts and kept my cycle normal.Definitely took Baby Aspirin. We also used preseed.The first month I used it we got pg.Hope this helps & thank you all for posting your "boy making recipes"

coffee
April 26th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Hi ladies can you talk about your cm
I am a mother of 4 girls and never never has EWCM
Always creamy and thick

coffee
April 26th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Thank you

dloui128
April 26th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Hi ladies can you talk about your cm
I am a mother of 4 girls and never never has EWCM
Always creamy and thick

I answered your question in another thread

coffee
April 26th, 2013, 10:27 AM
I answered your question in another thread

Can you please give its link
Thank you sooo much

Funkyfry
April 29th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Just read the whole thread and I so sway blue without even realising it! Thanks everyone who took the time to post!

sunnyinflorida
April 30th, 2013, 02:32 PM
With my first two girls we dtd daily the whole week of o conceived in the summer I was taking vitex. I believe both were during a new moon. My third I did a mild sway had the flu and delayed o giving me a 2 day cut off oops. My 4th was a pullout baby with no period I was still bf'ing my daughter also my last two were conceived in the summer. My typical diet is a few cups of coffee with creamer no breakfast, chicken, rice, dairy, milk, seafood, fish lots of cheese and veggies, salads, deli meat sandwiches, pasta, diet coke, sweet tea, sweets, ice cream ate chick-fil-a sandwiches. Avoided salt, potatoes, bananas, not too much red meat, not very heavy meals. Dh diet is similar but he always has a cereal milk at night before bed. We both have a few beers or wine each week. We are pretty active and have a low stress live we both do cardio each week and my hubby some weight lifting.

TTCaPRINCE
April 30th, 2013, 03:20 PM
New here! Figured I would add my story! We have one child (a girl). I was very skinny when I got pregnant with her. I am 5'8 and I was about 128 pounds. I NEVER ate breakfast. I ate at very random times. I NEVER drank water. I would drink a lot of sweet tea, and coke. I was in advanced fitness in school (got pregnant my senior year so this was a class I had to take 5x a week) so for everyday I was walking a mile and doing some strength. DH (who boyfriend at the time) was in Tech School for the army. I hadn't seen him in a few weeks. I had just gotten off of BC so when I saw him I was just off of my first AF after getting off BC. From my calculations I had ovulated on Wednesday or Thursday of that week and I saw him on a Friday or a Saturday (Can't remember the exact day) So I either got pregnant 2 or 3 days after ovulation. We only had sex once. Missionary. And no orgasm for me. DH was very stressed. Had a poor diet and his boys were always very very hot. Hopefully now that our lifestyle is completely different this time around we can have DS!

Lorrainey
May 10th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Hi Everyone,

I noticed a lot of women who swayed Pink did a lot of exercise / cardio. We are TTC in about a week, and I was wondering if I should start now (working out everyday before O)? I haven't been working out at all lately since I don't get home until after 5:30 and I am with my son until he goes down for the night. Do you think not exercising will lessen my girl sway?

meeks32
May 10th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

I noticed a lot of women who swayed Pink did a lot of exercise / cardio. We are TTC in about a week, and I was wondering if I should start now (working out everyday before O)? I haven't been working out at all lately since I don't get home until after 5:30 and I am with my son until he goes down for the night. Do you think not exercising will lessen my girl sway?

The advice for TTC pink is either exercise 1hr a day every day doing cardio (eg jogging) NOT muscle building type exercise. OR do no exercise at all. So if you think you can maintain 1hr a day, then by all means throw it in, but if you are thin already (don't have much weight to loose) or don't have the time, its safer to do nothing than throw it in in boy frequency (like a few days a week).

Good luck!

Alicewonder
May 18th, 2013, 12:02 PM
New here and finding This is very interesting. We had a son 3/18/12.
Now, we REALLY would LOVE a Daughter.

We just turned 32, and I've finally got a period! So I'm trying to see what my cycle is but temping is hard due to me jumping up as soon as I hear our son.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew if taking stool
Softener (colace) would hind swaying girl. Currently, heneroids due to hard stools (in probably not drinking enough water) ugh. TMI sorry.

Also, if frequency sways girl should I ask my husband to masterbate everyday? Lol weird but wondering.

Also, is it only the warm months the good months. Was looking at conceiving around the time I 14 month old today turns 2 as I had my appendix removed and thinking maybe I should heal more?

Oh, and I go for a walk about once a day. Should I skip this?

mom2many78
May 20th, 2013, 10:10 AM
This is quite interesting.

whl
May 21st, 2013, 12:58 AM
Hi,
We have a 20 month old son and are ttc a girl. I run everyday and am already fairly thin, so I think that part is covered. I eat a healthy diet and not a lot of meat. I eat tofu, which is soy. What sort of effect does this have on girl sway? ALso does eating nuts affect your testosterone levels. THanks,

Cauliflower
May 21st, 2013, 02:10 AM
I think you should post these querstions elsewhere, so they get answered. Because this thread is only for girl moms, so they can share wahat their lifestyle was when they concieved girls.

LolaInLove
May 21st, 2013, 11:34 AM
Yes, I would make a separate post for questions! We created this so we could share what we were doing when we conceived girls so those ttc girl could read and hopefully see some common threads.

I would say eating nuts is more ttc boy though, because they are so nutritious, but make a post about it and you may get some more updated answers. Good luck!!!

slummymummy
June 2nd, 2013, 04:18 PM
Fabulous thread, thank you so much to everyone who has contributed. I have started my big fat pink sway and it's good to know that I might be on the right tracks, lots more to think about too. It is no wonder that I have two beautiful sons as my diet couldn't have been more different than the pink one! Will write in boy thread too... Xxx

Luvgirls3
July 2nd, 2013, 01:55 PM
Well i have 3 girls but i must admit, i did alot of the opposite especially with the first one. I am a salt eater. I put salt on everything and always have. But i had not herd of gender swaying till after my 3 girls so i tested my ph to see what it is, and it is very acidic so this might explain it.

atomic sagebrush
July 3rd, 2013, 12:50 PM
New here and finding This is very interesting. We had a son 3/18/12.
Now, we REALLY would LOVE a Daughter.

We just turned 32, and I've finally got a period! So I'm trying to see what my cycle is but temping is hard due to me jumping up as soon as I hear our son.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew if taking stool
Softener (colace) would hind swaying girl. Currently, heneroids due to hard stools (in probably not drinking enough water) ugh. TMI sorry.

Also, if frequency sways girl should I ask my husband to masterbate everyday? Lol weird but wondering.

Also, is it only the warm months the good months. Was looking at conceiving around the time I 14 month old today turns 2 as I had my appendix removed and thinking maybe I should heal more?

Oh, and I go for a walk about once a day. Should I skip this?

Oh sorry somehow I misssed this particular question and have answered the same q in other threads. This thread is specifically for people to share their experiences and not really for me to answer individual q's in. But if you are also curious about these things please check out The Complete Index for answers to all this and much much more. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/3305-complete-index.html

atomic sagebrush
July 3rd, 2013, 12:51 PM
Well i have 3 girls but i must admit, i did alot of the opposite especially with the first one. I am a salt eater. I put salt on everything and always have. But i had not herd of gender swaying till after my 3 girls so i tested my ph to see what it is, and it is very acidic so this might explain it.

I personally believe high sodium intake sways pink by declining your overall condition and it can cause nutrients to be excreted at a higher rate.

Got my daughter eating tons of salt both me and DH, after a failed sway with DS where I was limiting it.

atomic sagebrush
July 3rd, 2013, 12:56 PM
Hi,
We have a 20 month old son and are ttc a girl. I run everyday and am already fairly thin, so I think that part is covered. I eat a healthy diet and not a lot of meat. I eat tofu, which is soy. What sort of effect does this have on girl sway? ALso does eating nuts affect your testosterone levels. THanks,

Hi, sorry I missed this. Some people choose to leave soy out because some sources claim it may raise estrogen and sway blue. I believe soy in moderation is fine in a pink sway as long as you're sticking to the overall totals for the diet. And for DH, I believe it's good for him to eat a lot of soy foods. So feed it to DH, and you stick to the protein limits and you'll be fine even with soy.

Re nuts, they are considered more a boy food because they're protein + carbs and a good source of nutrients including healthy fats. But they can be a part of a pink sway diet provided you keep them in moderation - like a tablespoon of sun seeds on a salad, a couple chopped almonds on some green beans, that kind of thing. When I conceived my boys I ate 1/2 cup of nuts a day, so that's a big difference between 1 T of nuts vs. 1/2 c of nuts.

With sway diets, you have to understand that on HE and LE Diets, there are no magic foods, it's the overall nutrient content of your diet that matters and not any magical food that you must eat or avoid.

meeks32
July 3rd, 2013, 05:40 PM
Agree. Just note tofu is incredibly high protein as are nuts so do make sure you count your totals carefully.

DreamInBlue
July 4th, 2013, 03:38 PM
I didn't realize diet was such a big part of swaying when I conceived my DD. I wanted to sway blue, but was focusing only on timing. I never ate breakfast, never exercised, and often skipped meals. I was not taking any vitamins or supplements at all. I was using the OPKs, and right after we got a positive on that, we DTD once only. I laid in bed for about 30 minutes before getting up. 9 months later, :DD: Hope this helps! Pink dust to all of you!!

lily girl
July 5th, 2013, 06:46 AM
I didn't sway for any of my kids but my first was a girl. She's 5 already so from what I can remember from back then I was eating a lot of salads for lunch with balsamic vinegar dressing. I ate a lot of baby spinach (in salads) and hardly ever had red meat, always had chicken pieces in my salads. I exercised about 4 times a week, mostly cardio, power walking for an hour or so. We fell pregnant on our first attempt because we'd decided whilst we were DTD to try for a baby. I get ovulation pains which I had all morning and we didn't try till the afternoon so I remember thinking at the time that we wouldn't become pregnant because I had already ovulated (back then I didn't know too much about falling pregnant so excuse my ignorance). I didn't drink coffee but used to drink 1 or 2 cups of tea a day.
Hope this helps.

lily girl
July 5th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Also just remembered that 2 months before I feel pregnant I was taking prescription progesterone and the mini pill. I have long cycles and a doctor thought they needed to be changed (for the record they're fine as they are) but the tablets didn't work to shorten my cycles so I stopped taking them about 4 weeks before falling pregnant. I still wonder if this influenced the gender?

Coyleof7
July 14th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Thought I should stick my "sways" in here lol never "swayed" but planned pregnancies. TBH I only heard of natural swaying (as opposed to Shettles) a few weeks ago and have lurking for a while before I joined here!! Anyway:

Angel DS1: missed miscarriage at 20wks - was in Royal Air Force so very healthy diet and lots of cardio/strength exercises. Barely snacked, but mess food is high protein, high nutrient foods to keep you fuelled. Was not on BC.

DD1: stopped looking after myself (food wise). Worked fulltime as a mechanic, but only ate if I got hungry (for example: I'd eat on Monday at 7pm, then nothing except 2 or 3 mars bars on Tuesday, then another meal on Wednesday at around 7pm - always guzzled Irn-Bru though) which involved a bowl of mac n cheese from a box or a smoked sausage supper from chip shop - washed down with one pint of full fat milk. Drank Irn-bru in between meals. Never ate breakfast or supper, ate quite a lot of mars bars though. Was on BC for 6mths prior to TTC, got BFP after second month of stopping BC. Weighed around 8st, size 6-8. Continued all exercise.

DS1, 2 & 3: Ate 3 square meals a day, with lots of snacking on crisps, biscuits and homemade cakes. Drank a lot of Dr Pepper, Pepsi and Water. Only doing 30mins of cardio a day. Natural family planning. Weighed 14/15st was size 14-16.

DS4: Same as above, but we tried Shettles method for girl (position and timing). We got another beautiful boy.

FX for our final attempt at pink - in September!! This time we're following the advice here!! But happy with whatever we get as we are pleased with the Diva we have!

o18e
August 1st, 2013, 09:03 PM
This thread is great! Thanks for sharing ladies!

gafan
August 3rd, 2013, 12:51 PM
Yes, thanks- very helpful!

black&gold
August 14th, 2013, 09:44 PM
DS2 seriously should have been a girl after reading all these!

milliemolly
August 16th, 2013, 04:07 AM
This is bloody amazing ......... great reading , thank you all

monkeysnuffer
August 28th, 2013, 09:38 PM
OK, I JUST found out yesterday that I am carrying a confirmed girl and here is what I did. Mine wasn't really hardcore, but I did kinda sway.

First, I went on countdowntopregnancy.com and looked up methods to help conceive a girl.

Then, I stopped eating bananas and ate on a light breakfast. I drank alot of Diet Dr. Pepper and I was walking alot and counting calories to about 1500.

I had the Period Tracker app downloaded on my phone already and it told me my fertile window. So I timed intercourse about a week before my first fertile day and would continue until about 3 days before ovulation. Then, I would do it the day after my last fertile day. I took calcium and magnesium (it was for hair growth but I later read it helps in a girl sway LOL) I also took muccinex (although I later read that was for boys so IDK) I was taking evening primrose oil for breast pain so not sure if it factored in...I was into supplements.

As far as DH, he drank hot coffee and had a hot shower before intercourse. And this my sound gross, but immediately after I went to the bathroom and sat on the toliet awhile to get rid of boy sperm because I heard they were faster.

I ordered a calenderr online for US $40.00 that told the best times to conceive the gender you wanted and used as well.

IDK if all this really helped but I am currently pregnant with a girl after a son. I am also an older mom and I read that older moms have girls more LOL.

2lovelyboys
August 29th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Monkeysnuffer, thank you for sharing, congratulations on you DD!

monkeysnuffer
August 29th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Thank you. We are due in the same month!

Mrs.tinkerbell
October 1st, 2013, 09:02 AM
I used to look in this thread a lot while swaying and not long found out we our having a daughter I had a very boy friendly diet etc and so had quite a few big changes. I went on LE diet, cut out breakfast, drank pep tea and diet coke, used vitex, antihistamines and DH abstrain for 10 days. Didn't eat anything until 12 lunch time and had 3 small meals each day. Hope you all get your Girls! X

happymama
October 2nd, 2013, 01:09 AM
Hi girls! I just discovered this site and can't believe how many usuful information I read already!!

We have a little boy and hoping for the girl next time around.

I've got pregnant on the first attempt and on O day! I kinda was hoping for a boy but relly didn't have any idea of increasing chances to get desire gender. And also we didn't have intercourse before that. So only once and we were very lucky.

So I am not really sure if we need to abstin or do it every day after my period stops? Also, we're thinking of ttc in Nov, do you think 5-6 weeks would b enough?

Thanks so much!

atomic sagebrush
October 5th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Ana, can you repost your question in the main forums?? This is really meant just for people sharing their experiences and I think your question would be more helpful for everyone out there rather than in here.

Dancin Machine
January 8th, 2014, 09:36 AM
I'm going to bump this thread, I think it's great!!

atomic sagebrush
January 9th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Yes ladies, keep those experiences coming!!

pickle_mom
January 16th, 2014, 09:23 PM
I've just had the (120%) confirmation that I'm finally having a daughter after 4 fantastic boys!

First of all, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH ATOMIC!!!! I'm pretty sure I would have seen yet another penis on that screen if it wasn't for this forum and it's great community (not that it would have been a bad thing but my house isn't getting any bigger and I know that I would have kept having children until it was a girl...!)

So, for the tips on having a girl: LE diet, LE diet and LE DIET!!! (And the exercise doesn't hurt either!) I used to have a very boy-friendly diet (2200 calories a day) and changed it for a 1500 calories diet simply with skipping breakfast, no snacking between meals and smaller portions. There was no "forbidden" food, I was just careful about the quantity.

This diet and the 1 hour intense exercise a day made me lose 8 pounds in a month. Then my husband and I had an "oops" moment on O day when he didn't pull out in time (tmi but I was on top in case position has anything to do with it...). We had 1 try and we BDed only 3 days earlier.

I had been taking antihistamines for 6 days due to allergies (great timing though!) and nothing else. DH didn't do anything...except his thing! And it turned into the most surprising surprise of all: A GIRL!!

Hope this helped! And thanks again to Atomic and every great lady here that gave great info and advice, it means so very much to me!

atomic sagebrush
January 19th, 2014, 12:55 PM
thanks Pickle and if you haven't already, if you post your sway it really really helps us a lot!! Add your Girl Sway! (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/)

Rosie85
January 19th, 2014, 01:26 PM
pickle, how long were you exercising for? Just the one month? How long did you go on the diet? please post your sway! Congrats on the girl!

atomic sagebrush
January 22nd, 2014, 11:48 AM
DS2 seriously should have been a girl after reading all these!

I think a lot of us have one kiddo that bucks the rules - remember, it's not diet in and of itself that sways, it's what is happening in your body. Diet is just a means to an end of sending a signal about which gender has best shot of survival.

pickle_mom
January 22nd, 2014, 02:29 PM
Rosie, I exercised only for four weeks, every single day for an hour (I chose the bike, whether in my living room or outside). I followed the diet for 6 weeks plus the 2 WW.

Hope this helped and sorry for my late response (too busy shopping...!)

I'll post my sway shortly.

dreaminginblue
February 9th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Hi ladies, think I'll add my 2 unintentional girl sways as it seems I was indeed swaying :ttcgirl:.

Both pregnancies were planned so I was on typically 400mcg FA for at least 3 months prior :ttc:.
With DD1 I had joined a gym and was trying to eat smaller portions.
My diet was typically
Breakfast sugary cereal with full-fat milk, 2 slices of 50/50 bread with Flora and strawberry jam and a cup of tea
Mid-morning snackbiscuits or a chocolate bar and a cup of tea
Lunch cheese and Ham rosaries with crisps and chocolate biscuit bar or 2 with sugar free juice drink Mid-afternoon snackCup of tea, biscuits or chocolate
Dinner Crispy chicken breasts, chips and peas, gravy with an ice cream cone for after, with a sugar free juice drink
Evening snackHot chocolate, biscuits or chocolate
I was failing at eating healthier but I was cutting out all day grazing

DD2, I was walking mostly everywhere or running after DD2
Breakfast Bran Flakes semi-skim milk, 2 slices 50/50 toast w/jam & Flora light w/cup of tea
Mid-Morning Snack Banana, biscuits w/ a cup of tea
Lunch Baked Potato, Beans and salad, Mullerlight yoghurt w/sugarfree juice drink
Mid-afternoon snack Mullerlight yoghurt glass of water or green tea
Dinner Slimming world recipe Spaghetti Bolognese, cheese & garlic bread, mullerlight yoghurt and sugarfree juice
Evening Snack 3 biscuits with hot chocolate

Both conceived via Missionary Position though DD1 took 3 months to conceive whereas DD2 was after 1st attempt.
Both attempts started 3 months after stopping BC pill.
Both conceived in colder months but with CH on.
I lay with legs up and hips propped up for at least 10 mins after dtd.
Hubby wore loose boxer shorts and had hot showers. He also works in a hot factory 12hr shifts 5 times a week. He drunk at least 3x 2ltr bottles of cola a week and 4x 2ltr fizzy sugarfree pop. He eats a lot of dairy, chips, crisps and jelly sweets. He used to smoke. He drunk 4-5 cans of beer once a week.

SpicyTunaSushi
February 9th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Dreaminblue- your diet strikes me as HE (minus the sugar free drink- squash??), so it should be easier for you to incorporate. Maybe try adding more fruit and veg- I did it easily with green smoothies. Good luck!

atomic sagebrush
February 11th, 2014, 12:00 PM
I think dreaminblue you are on the right track, you just need to be sure to get protein + carbs at every meal and snack and increase intake of healthy fats!

dreaminginblue
February 23rd, 2014, 05:49 AM
Thanks ladies. I'll certainly take on board those changes. I'll be properly HE from April onwards and than TTC end of May.

Good lucky to all the :XX: swayers. Please take my pink baby dust

ds0910
March 14th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Hi ladies! Great thread!! I am very new to this and this thread is really helping me form a game plan lol. QUESTION: How many of you ladies refrained from or:hair:gasm? That seems like it would be the hardest part of a pink sway lol.

ds0910
March 14th, 2014, 01:34 PM
Hi ladies! Great thread!! I am very new to this and this thread is really helping me form a game plan lol. QUESTION: How many of you ladies refrained from or:hair:gasm? That seems like it would be the hardest part of a pink sway lol.

Well my smiley didn't exactly go where I wanted it to lol

atomic sagebrush
March 15th, 2014, 08:03 PM
ds I would do a site search, we actually have a few different threads on this and find results all over the map. Some pink mamas have lots of O's, and while there may be a slight trend in the direction that more O's = more boys, it is in no way a magic bullet and many got girls with orgasms. I had one when i got my DD.

atomic sagebrush
March 15th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Well my smiley didn't exactly go where I wanted it to lol

I thought it was really clever LOL!!!!

AshJagla
April 21st, 2014, 04:47 PM
DD1 - I had just recently lost 20lbs and was still drinking/eating a lot of "diet" food with artificial sweeteners, restricting calorie intake, lots of cardio. DH and I BD every day that month from end of AF till BFP. At this time I had no idea about when ovulation occurred and we were newly weds, so we didn't mind lol.

DD2 - I was finally starting to lose all of my baby weight from DD1, down about 40 pounds. Feeling pretty good, doing some cardio and cutting cals again. If I had a soda it was diet, lots of crystal light, rice cakes. I was a nutritional mess, but I didn't realize how bad a diet like that was on the body. DH and I only BD once unprotected on a night we had gone out drinking, no idea how close to O because I wasn't tracking my cycle because we weren't ttc.

simma79
April 29th, 2014, 06:42 AM
New here and love reading this thread...I am a mum of 3 boys and reading that lots of you girl mammas ate lots of refined foods, skipping meals, exercising vigorously sounds torturous to me....hence why I have boys!! I didn't skips meals, love healthy food and would cringe at white bread, butter, sodas, dairy foods etc etc. Well looks like I'll have to step out of my comfort zone. Also interesting I love salt on salt and have bd with shettles method and o+12- and don't feel they influence swaying.

MamaLuv
May 1st, 2014, 03:16 PM
This is awesome!

mamablossom
May 23rd, 2014, 11:06 PM
I have FOUR girls. I am probably a text book girl swayer without even realising it too!
I'm a little, delicate, fine boned girl and have always been told that I eat like a bird! Just like a LE diet. My DH jokes that he married me because I always end up giving him half my food (there may be some truth in that LOL).
I eat quite healthily. Yoghurt / granola, chia, acai bowls or oatmeal and fruit for breakfast, rarely snack (maybe some fruit, pistachios or homemade cookies/banana bread ), Lunch is always a little leftovers or a sandwich / quinoa / and I eat lots of fish and chicken based pasta, rice, quinoa, cassseroles and curries for dinner with a mixture of vegies. I like red meat, but only eat it once a week or so. I pop baby spinach in everything :) I have a sweet tooth too, LOVE chocolate and ice cream for dessert. I do prefer whiter bread - I like chia and Turkish breads.
I don't drink anything but water really. No coffee, tea, juices, sodas or alcohol - pretty much just water and sparkling water.
I'm not a huge exerciser but naturally quite thin. I walk a lot with babies in their stroller, carrier or both, household chores and chasing kids around like a typical mum!
We live right near and spend a lot of time at the beach. My husband and eldest daughters are keen surfers, I have no idea if the salt water and air have an influence on swaying - but I'm drenched in salt water most days of my life!
-It took us quite a while to conceive both DD1 and DD2 - we found out DH has a marginally low sperm count - which sways pink.
-DH is also SUPER athletic - old wives tale says this sways pink.
- DD3 and DD4 were both conceived the month of a loss, which sways pink!
-DDs 2, 3 and 4 were all conceived just after a lengthy nursing period and / or miscarriages (I nursed my toddlers until 18-22 months).
I've pretty much been pregnant / nursing back to back for 10 years now, so I assume my nutrient levels are not optimum.
My BMI is and has always been quite low.
I don't skip meals, but overall I'm not a big snacker or big portion girl.
I think that's about it!
PINK DUST to all of you TTC a girl

rubygem
May 25th, 2014, 07:31 PM
I have only one daughter, but reading up on these I pretty much fit the girl mom category!
I was underweight when I conceived
I was a smoker (quit once I knew about the pregnancy!)
Lots of fast food, dairy, chicken, never ate breakfast, small meals throughout the day
Drank mostly pop, artificial flavored juice and milk
Don't know the exact date I conceived - wasn't actively trying, but conceived first month of unprotected intercourse.. probably dtd every other day?
I never have peak cm (egg white)

Good luck ladies!!

Hopingforaprincess
June 3rd, 2014, 09:16 PM
Ahh thank you so much for these posts!! I am new here..mom to 3 boys last one is 8 months old. I want a girl and will be trying a lot of what you moms of girls did. I just wanted to ask...does the vaginal ph help in swaying for a girl?? I will be checking my ph to see if it's more acidic or alkali.

Thank you again!!!

Artie
June 5th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Love my baby girl:) I was running about 30-40 miles per week, doing strength 1-2 days per week. I didn't eat breakfast until well after my run (after I was awake about 3-4 hours), drank good high alcohol beer 3 days per week. Only drank water (no pop or diet drinks), eating a lot of hummus, salad and frozen meals (Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, Amy's), yogurt every day. I am more of a snacker/grazer and LOVE chocolate:)
Taking prenatals with DHA and also Fertile CM since I usually don't have much, hubby was taking Tribulus, Mega Red (he also runs about 30 miles per week and weight trains 2 days per week, but is pretty scrawny haha).
We BD O-2, O-1, and O doggy style (I was hoping for a boy lol) and I didn't have the big O. Propped my hips 15 minutes after.
Could never get the ph paper to change color, which could mean low ionic strength or a ph of like 4-5.

I am one of 3 girls, my hubby has 1 sister (no brother) and I have 1 niece so girls run on my side for sure.
Pink dust to you ladies!

MyByC
June 8th, 2014, 06:54 PM
This is winderful! Thank you ladies for all your time!
A TTC boy should also be here so we can write about our sons :-)

princessCharlotte
June 8th, 2014, 08:13 PM

yes you can write on another thread under trying conceive boys.
I have input mine over there. :-)

atomic sagebrush
June 10th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Ahh thank you so much for these posts!! I am new here..mom to 3 boys last one is 8 months old. I want a girl and will be trying a lot of what you moms of girls did. I just wanted to ask...does the vaginal ph help in swaying for a girl?? I will be checking my ph to see if it's more acidic or alkali.

Thank you again!!!

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/11684-ph-pickle.html

atomic sagebrush
June 10th, 2014, 03:13 PM

there is one! We'd love it if you shared your experiences

JG60611
June 16th, 2014, 10:46 PM
This thread is awesome but is making me hate myself for not exercising during my sway lol... I could seriously smack myself for not doing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmomof3girls
June 18th, 2014, 06:23 PM
I have 3 girls. With my first, I used the pull out method trying not to get pregnant. We dtd using the missionary style. I was only eating a few times a day with tons of chocolate. With my 2nd, I conceived her 2 weeks after a miscarriage using the missionary position. My 3rd I was working as a house cleaner and only eating once per day. I had recently lost about 10 lbs. I was also using the pull out method, trying not to get pregnant. With each girl I was always on a low calorie diet, hardly eating and drinking tons of diet soda. I NEVER eat breakfast. I didn't exercise but was working on my feet all day! Also, we DTD everyday or every other day!

atomic sagebrush
June 20th, 2014, 11:20 AM
This thread is awesome but is making me hate myself for not exercising during my sway lol... I could seriously smack myself for not doing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't. My mom has never exercised in her life (other than mooning people LOL) and she has mostly girls.

stephk
June 23rd, 2014, 04:26 AM
JG60611 - I know plenty of girl mums who never exercise :)

MyByC
June 23rd, 2014, 05:48 PM
there is one! We'd love it if you shared your experiences

Can you show me pls?
I will try to help :-)

MyByC
June 23rd, 2014, 05:58 PM
Found it :-)

atomic sagebrush
June 24th, 2014, 02:11 PM
thank you everyone who adds to these threads!! Much appreciated!

Coffepot
July 5th, 2014, 11:34 PM
Did you girl moms have an orgasm when trying to conceive?

atomic sagebrush
July 6th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Coffeepot there are actually quite a few threads on this - if you do a search you will find them!!

tm29
July 9th, 2014, 12:30 PM
I am getting the idea that I'm a natural girl swayer who is now wanting to TTC a boy. When I conceived my daughter I ate low fat/carb/protein, ran x4 hours per week, and had only recently given up smoking. I had been underweight for a long time and was still pretty thin. I was hungry a lot and had low blood sugar. Didn't drink enough water. No vitamins. Lots of salad and almost no red meat. Lots of low cal soy milk. Low cal yoghurts. Diet soda. Sweetener not sugar. Very little fat.

The only anomalies are: I ate a lot of salt. We didn't have sex that much.

atomic sagebrush
July 9th, 2014, 04:09 PM
we are not finding (either with our experience or biological research) that the sodium stuff holds water. I don't think high sodium sways blue and really advise against it for a sway tactic.

Caspy
July 16th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Hi, LolalnLove, I've just read your post and smiled) it's so cute!..I wanna share some secrets too)
In "stop-list" for women who are dreaming about the girl, get olives, bacon, salami, other sausages and meat delicacies, fried meat, fish salmon species, shrimps, soft cheese, potatoes, bananas, bread and buns. Conversely, in the diet should include foods rich in calcium and magnesium.
In addition to the above dairy products, it soybean products (for example, tofu), greens (especially salads with small leaves, arugula, spinach, peas, lentils, beans and other legumes, oatmeal, whole grain breads and cereals, cashew nuts, broccoli, citrus....And the simple menu, researchers say, increases the chances of a double!!! So,good luck all of you))

atomic sagebrush
July 16th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Much of the above advice we are finding to be getting mixed results. I would follow LE Diet guidelines for TTC a girl.

Caspy
July 17th, 2014, 04:35 AM
Much of the above advice we are finding to be getting mixed results. I would follow LE Diet guidelines for TTC a girl.
You're so right, atomic sagebrush, here we can find many good and useful tips and suggestions! but the most important thing here all understand each other and can find support in the face of each other. and this is just great and really cool))

Midwest_Complex
July 22nd, 2014, 11:20 AM
I was very girl diet friendly. Under weight, never ate breakfast, huge coffee drinker, no cereals or meat or salt, loved loved loved icecream, cheeses, etc.

atomic sagebrush
July 24th, 2014, 11:40 AM
again, just to clarify we are finding the mineral diets are probably not working in the way that people believed at one time. I hate to see anyone dropping full fat dairy when you want a boy because it's so full of nutrients and the fat in dairy is excellent for fertility and sways blue.

eme1ieh
August 19th, 2014, 04:24 AM
When i conceived DD i ate a diet inspired by ayurveda. (I never felt that good!)
Small portions of food three times a day, never a full stomach. I ate all kind of vegetables and dairies, also meat once in a while. I drank lots of tea, always ate breakfast (a small portion of porridge) and had a small bowl with yoghurt and muesli before bedtime every night. I never ate sugar. (But i only had these eating habits for one or two month, in other words not that long at all).
I was also taking Agnus castus (Vitax) without knowing it swayed pink, i just wanted to get pregnant really quick after two miscarrige.
I did lose some weight, i took a lots of power walks, did yoga at home 2-3 times a week and went to a spin class also 2-3 times a week.

I've read that olive oil douche (washing with olive oil) is good for the "freshness" and the environment down there. I have done this for over two years now every single shower, i did it when i conceived DD and during the whole pregnancy.

-My DH is running and lifting weights 5 times a week and has a high body temperature thanks to that. He has done this for many many years now. (About 10y?) He loves diet soda, chocolate and eats a lots of dairies.

DD were night time BD, every single time. O-5, O-3, O-2, O-1 and on the O-day. Always finished with doggy style, orgasm for both of us (sorry!) and i was laying down in the bed for awhile afterwards. Never jump and dump. :)

eme1ieh
August 19th, 2014, 04:30 AM
-And i have always loved salty foods! :happy:

atomic sagebrush
August 19th, 2014, 09:29 AM
I do not recommend any oily type stuff in the VJ. Especially not when pregnant. The body makes its own "stuff" and no need to add oil down there. PLEASE do not put oil into your VJ when pregnant EVER, especially not as birth approaches (which can happen any time after 35 weeks so don't take chances). Risks of infection aside, the baby can aspirate small amounts of oil when being born and that could cause pneumonia and even death.

eme1ieh
August 19th, 2014, 12:29 PM
I do not recommend any oily type stuff in the VJ. Especially not when pregnant. The body makes its own "stuff" and no need to add oil down there. PLEASE do not put oil into your VJ when pregnant EVER, especially not as birth approaches (which can happen any time after 35 weeks so don't take chances). Risks of infection aside, the baby can aspirate small amounts of oil when being born and that could cause pneumonia and even death.

Not IN, not inside. :suprise: Just wash with it outside, and you don't just leave it there! Maybe douche was wrong word.. Sorry! Some swedish doctors are recommending olive oil to prevent a vaginal yeast infection. I have a few girl friends who also using olive oil in this way.