PDA

View Full Version : Skipping breakfast

twosweetlads
March 14th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Hi,
I am not doing a traditional sway but losing weight and restricting cals and other things ie no big no no's. Anyway at the moment im eating low salt cornflakes (no added vits in them) with rice milk with calcium-200 cals. My question is should I skip it now or wait until the week before ovulation?
I don't know when ovulation will occur as I have been on treatment to stop this so am waiting for AF to return. I will struggle to give up breakfast but I know i can do it near ovulation.
Will it be better to stop now or nearer the time? Ovulation could be weeks away I just don't know.

Thanks so much x

nuthinbutpink
March 14th, 2011, 05:10 PM
I had a habit of skipping breakfast and I had 3 DD. I think with this, it falls to the TW Hypothesis and it is more about conditioning your body so that it reacts in a specific manner meaning, if you are going to do this, I don't think doing it for a week before O will give you the biggest benefit. You are retraining your body and telling it that "times are tough", less calories, etc and more girls are supposed to be conceived when conditions are like that. Hope that makes sense.

Babushka
March 14th, 2011, 05:39 PM
I know some girls only skip breakfast week of O. But I agree with nuthin. I think it has to be a bit more long term for max benefit. It is the hardest meal of the day for me to skip - I love a big breaky so I am struggling with this too. To get me through I am having only one cup of coffee when I wake up. I have it with milk andbone sugar. This can get me through to about 10-11am. And coffee is acidic so I was thinking this could be a good thing? Any thoughts anyone? Is this suitable? Babushka xxx

atomic sagebrush
March 14th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Hi,
I am not doing a traditional sway but losing weight and restricting cals and other things ie no big no no's. Anyway at the moment im eating low salt cornflakes (no added vits in them) with rice milk with calcium-200 cals. My question is should I skip it now or wait until the week before ovulation?
I don't know when ovulation will occur as I have been on treatment to stop this so am waiting for AF to return. I will struggle to give up breakfast but I know i can do it near ovulation.
Will it be better to stop now or nearer the time? Ovulation could be weeks away I just don't know.

Thanks so much x

It's best to skip it for as long as you can prior to O and I think that's the best way to sway. That having been said, if you really CANNOT skip breakfast due to work, health, etc. don't worry about it in the long term.

But if at all possible, skip it for the week after ovulation regardless because the XX fertilized eggs seem to grow best in a low glucose environment.

atomic sagebrush
March 14th, 2011, 06:00 PM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?519-WHEN-AND-HOW-TO-EAT-YOUR-MEALS-FOR-TTC-PINK&highlight=eat+meals+TTC+pink

Here is a better explanation!

atomic sagebrush
March 14th, 2011, 06:02 PM
I know some girls only skip breakfast week of O. But I agree with nuthin. I think it has to be a bit more long term for max benefit. It is the hardest meal of the day for me to skip - I love a big breaky so I am struggling with this too. To get me through I am having only one cup of coffee when I wake up. I have it with milk andbone sugar. This can get me through to about 10-11am. And coffee is acidic so I was thinking this could be a good thing? Any thoughts anyone? Is this suitable? Babushka xxx

Wellll...on the one hand it's good because it's not food, but on the other hand it does make your blood sugar rise because of the milk and sugar in the coffee, and anything with caffeine makes your blood sugar go up. I can promise you that many girls have been conceived that way, but in terms of maximizing your chances it would be best to have only sugar and caffeine free stuff in the mornings (Crystal Light, peppermint tea with aspartame).

It wasn't worth it to me and I kept drinking tea while I swayed.

Pixiedoll
March 15th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Hello! Before conceiving this girl I only ate breakfast about 4 or 5 times in 7 months-and then it was just yogurt and raspberries, I really think it's worth doing, it was one of my biggest changes
xx

babydes56
March 15th, 2011, 09:09 AM
I too never ate breakfast the times i got my 2 girls, i only ate after 12pm.

Another princess
March 15th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Thanks for sharing this.

twosweetlads
March 15th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Thankyou everyone,
As from tomorrow im going to skip it:( Its going to be soo hard! I nearly did today but its my sons birthday and didn't want to miss eating with them! x

atomic sagebrush
March 15th, 2011, 01:44 PM
The weird thing is that after a couple days, you don't miss it any more. I love my breakfast but that was one change that I really didn't mind as much.

On the other hand, low salt...that was a bit rougher to adjust to!!!!

babydes56
March 15th, 2011, 05:32 PM
I dont know how chewing gum sways girl but i read it on IG, i can confirm that i chewed gum all the time when i had my girls.

Babushka
March 15th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Thanks girls. I do feel guilty having my coffee in the morning but it really i really feel I need it to get through. I hope it will be ok considering all the other stuff I am doing!! Good luck sisters!!

atomic sagebrush
March 16th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Don't feel guilty! No guilt allowed. I promise you that many many many women have had coffee every morning and conceived girls - inc. my mom - she did not eat breakfast at all ever but had (black) coffee every morning instead.

LolaInLove
March 16th, 2011, 04:50 PM

This is EXACTLY how I was living and I got 2 DDs.....a huge coffee with lots of Splenda would tide me over till late morning. I'd try to stop eating breakfast as soon as you can so your body thinks famine, the longer on the "diet" the better. If you can, try to go exercise too....I know it will make you ravenous, but it will make you acidic as can be!

atomic sagebrush
March 17th, 2011, 11:45 AM
I dont know how chewing gum sways girl but i read it on IG, i can confirm that i chewed gum all the time when i had my girls.

IG has it listed as a girl-friendly food and what I read concurs with that. Not only because it's a fake sugar but the type of fake sugar actually makes nutrients leave your body.