PDA

View Full Version : yeast infection

twosweetlads
March 14th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Hi,
Can cranberry and calcium cause thrush as I can't seem to get rid of it! |Help should i stop these tablets? Can rephresh help thrush?
Thanks Jemma
ps is it a sign that I am geeting my PH lower?

atomic sagebrush
March 14th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Yes, it can be a sign that your pH is changing!!

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?465-complete-guide-to-swaying-and-yeast-infections&highlight=yeast+swaying

Coccinelle33
March 14th, 2011, 07:29 PM
i had one when i got pregnant with boy #2.

twosweetlads
March 15th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Thankyou, It's such a pain nothing seems to be getting rid of it. The replens is helping today though and at least it is girl friendly!

atomic sagebrush
March 15th, 2011, 01:45 PM
If it gets really bad you should not TTC this month (if you were planning to) and treat the infection with actual medicine. When it clears up, then you can TTC again. But if the replens clears it up, that's GREAT!

atomic sagebrush
March 15th, 2011, 01:47 PM
i had one when i got pregnant with boy #2.

You know the strangest thing that happened to me with DS 3 was, for many years I ALWAYS had YI in May and June. Prob. 8 years in a row no matter what I did or ate. Then the year I conceived him (in June) I didn't have one at all. In retrospect I wonder if that meant something.

Coccinelle33
March 15th, 2011, 02:47 PM
i always though the a yeast infection was from your ph being to high? i always just figured that helped in getting pregnant with boy #2? i guess it's from lower ph though? it's funny because i only ever had them with my first 2 boys and then after i was always swaying pink and never got a single one.

twosweetlads
March 15th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the replies. I have had/having medication for them but still it won't go! Im not ttc yet though but I think it might be partly hormonal as im on zoladex. But I don't know if its low or high ph. I thought it was low ph because the same happened to me when i swayed before. However i have read conflicting things as some say its too alkaline and some say its too acid. I think its low ph because I only have this when I am on the supps. Im not even doing a very strict diet yet!

atomic sagebrush
March 16th, 2011, 11:26 AM
i always though the a yeast infection was from your ph being to high? i always just figured that helped in getting pregnant with boy #2? i guess it's from lower ph though? it's funny because i only ever had them with my first 2 boys and then after i was always swaying pink and never got a single one.

No, yeast infections happen whenever the environment in the vagina changes. Whether the pH goes up OR down, it is an opportunity for the yeast to outgrow the healthy organisms and cause symptoms. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?465-complete-guide-to-swaying-and-yeast-infections&highlight=yeast+infection

atomic sagebrush
March 16th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Hi,
Thanks for the replies. I have had/having medication for them but still it won't go! Im not ttc yet though but I think it might be partly hormonal as im on zoladex. But I don't know if its low or high ph. I thought it was low ph because the same happened to me when i swayed before. However i have read conflicting things as some say its too alkaline and some say its too acid. I think its low ph because I only have this when I am on the supps. Im not even doing a very strict diet yet!

Zoladex will probably sway pink regardless of the supps (lowers testosterone and estrogen), so if they are really affecting you, you can cut some of them out. Also, since Zoladex does affect hormones it's probably best to stay away from any of the hormonal supps like pep tea, vitex, and saw palmetto (I don't know that you're taking any of these but I thought I should mention it.)

Yeast infection can happen whenever the environment in the vagina changes in any way - moister, dryer, more acidic, more alkaline - any change at all provides an opportunity for those little buggers to get unruly.