PDA

View Full Version : TTC Boy and can you tell if it is working?

TTC5
March 14th, 2011, 05:27 PM
By looking at your chart? Do your temp patterns change at all with supps and hormones etc Is there a way to look at your chart and say "yep I am on track" or is it just sway and hope for the best IYKWIM?

Also, after O I find that I sweat really bad in the middle of the night??!!! Only happens post O until AF starts and then it subsides:sigh:

skrimpy
March 14th, 2011, 08:11 PM
My temps didn't change while I was doing boy supps/diet with our 2yo. I DID have really good EWCM, but that started earlier, when I added in full fat dairy (lol) and Cod Liver Oil... our sway for blue was successful with him, though :)

TTC5
March 14th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Hi Skrimpy so you have a son already? xx

ELP
March 15th, 2011, 06:48 AM
I wondered about this, I am wondering if I'm feeling abit more sparky as things are on the increase or if its just that all pregnancy and former breast feeding hormones are heading out of my system, both are good signs though I'm sure!

atomic sagebrush
March 15th, 2011, 12:00 PM
The official swaying story is that higher estrogen, lower progesterone sways blue, so you should see lower temps overall - all or most of your temps, both before and after ovulation, will be a little lower than the temps from the previous months. You will still have low temps below ovulation (estrogen is dominant) and then a big jump after ovulation (progesterone is dominant) but your temps overall throughout the entire month should be a bit lower than they "normally" are. Tamara believes that being warm lowers pH via ions, and sways pink and being cool raises pH via ions, and sways blue. I don't happen to believe that part, but I do think that your overall temps ~may~ be indicative of changes in your hormones and that is prob. what sways.

What I don't like about this is that there are probably MANY reasons your temps might be higher or lower and it is only a few tenths of a degree different and may have nothing to do with anything, and just be a normal variation. Plus, we don't ~know~ for sure that estrogen has anything to do with it at all, the evidence for testosterone is much stronger. And you can't tell anything (to my knowledge) about your testosterone levels from your temps.

I think increased EWCM and muscle mass is a much better judge of how your hormones are changing.

atomic sagebrush
March 15th, 2011, 12:01 PM
I wondered about this, I am wondering if I'm feeling abit more sparky as things are on the increase or if its just that all pregnancy and former breast feeding hormones are heading out of my system, both are good signs though I'm sure!

I found that just beginning to exercise has completely perked me up exactly as you are describing, and prob. has raised my testosterone within a week. I have grown a hair where I had not had a hair since going on the TTC pink diet almost 2 years ago!!

TTC5
March 15th, 2011, 09:55 PM
What about increased fat *blushes*

LolaInLove
March 16th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Girl, I don't know if it's what is supposed to happen, but I don't know anyone who is a blue swayer that hasn't put on some weight. Some of us that have been ttc for a long time have chunked on 10+ lbs....just eating way more calories than I used to and not doing the hour+ of cardio that I used to as well. I remember AS saying she gained a few. Hopefully gaining isn't hindering our fertility, though!

atomic sagebrush
March 16th, 2011, 09:31 AM
What about increased fat *blushes*

TOTALLY! I had just gained 3 lbs the month before I conceived three of my guys, and with DS 2 I was holding steady (not losing.)

YOu have to really gain A LOT before it hinders your fertility. Think 70-100 lbs. (and one lady on IG did do just that and YES she did go on to conceive her son.)

LolaInLove
March 16th, 2011, 09:35 AM
OMG, I can't imagine gaining that much. I may indeed be up to 20lbs now, I haven't weighed in a couple of months. I always gain about 35-40lbs when pg, so I know I'll have more to loose later on, and bf makes me keep it on. Oh well! I will just look forward to about 3 years from now when I can start loosing weight. :bigsmile:

atomic sagebrush
March 16th, 2011, 10:24 AM
I think she was having issues with water retention because of all the sodium. She got really sick and developed hypertension but kept swaying anyway.

LolaInLove
March 16th, 2011, 12:23 PM
That is pretty hardcore, and good for her for such devotion. SO glad she did end up with her dg!

TTC5
March 16th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Who had fluid retention, sorry? x

LolaInLove
March 16th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Lady on IG that Atomic was talking about who gained 70-100 lbs!

3Pink1Blue
March 16th, 2011, 05:25 PM
I've chunked up a bit, about 10 lbs in the last 4 months. I hate every bfn a little extra as I know it means another pound or so :sigh:

TTC5
March 16th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Oh wow how long did she sway for?>

LolaInLove
March 17th, 2011, 09:24 AM
I've chunked up a bit, about 10 lbs in the last 4 months. I hate every bfn a little extra as I know it means another pound or so :sigh:
OMG me too! I weighed myself last night and I've gained 20lbs since last August. :whip:

atomic sagebrush
March 17th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Oh wow how long did she sway for?>

She swayed for almost a year I think. She was desperate for a boy and was drinking a lot of baking soda and things of that nature.

TTC5
March 17th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Wowee!!

TTC5
March 23rd, 2011, 01:57 AM
Would anyone like to take a look at my first two cycles in my chart and tell me their thoughts? Does it look like my temps are higher or lower this month compared to last month. Bare in mind, first month I O later and my cycle was longer..

Kris217
March 23rd, 2011, 06:54 AM
The official swaying story is that higher estrogen, lower progesterone sways blue, so you should see lower temps overall - all or most of your temps, both before and after ovulation, will be a little lower than the temps from the previous months. You will still have low temps below ovulation (estrogen is dominant) and then a big jump after ovulation (progesterone is dominant) but your temps overall throughout the entire month should be a bit lower than they "normally" are. Tamara believes that being warm lowers pH via ions, and sways pink and being cool raises pH via ions, and sways blue. I don't happen to believe that part, but I do think that your overall temps ~may~ be indicative of changes in your hormones and that is prob. what sways.

What I don't like about this is that there are probably MANY reasons your temps might be higher or lower and it is only a few tenths of a degree different and may have nothing to do with anything, and just be a normal variation. Plus, we don't ~know~ for sure that estrogen has anything to do with it at all, the evidence for testosterone is much stronger. And you can't tell anything (to my knowledge) about your testosterone levels from your temps.

I think increased EWCM and muscle mass is a much better judge of how your hormones are changing.

My Dr sent me off for some blood work and it came back saying i had a high estrogen level....so this means i have a slightly higher chance of having a boy?

iyamaryam
March 23rd, 2011, 10:18 AM
OMG me too! I weighed myself last night and I've gained 20lbs since last August. :whip:

Oh no need to feel bad sweety. I too gained about 22lbs since last July. I was drinking bsd daily(1/2 tsp once a day) Nov, Dec, Jan b4 my attempt. If you see me now, you'll think I am 6 months gone but I am only 11weeks, oh well, I just pray it works cos this is my last pg. Goodluck:luck:

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2011, 01:28 PM
My Dr sent me off for some blood work and it came back saying i had a high estrogen level....so this means i have a slightly higher chance of having a boy?

Yes and it also means you are probably pretty fertile right now. Estrogen is good for fertility although it can be too high and be linked to PCOS (but he/she would have noticed if your numbers indicated something like that.)

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2011, 01:31 PM
Would anyone like to take a look at my first two cycles in my chart and tell me their thoughts? Does it look like my temps are higher or lower this month compared to last month. Bare in mind, first month I O later and my cycle was longer..

Which CD did you O on??

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2011, 01:34 PM
Never mind I figured it out DUH! I do think they're cooler overall!!! The temp dip happening on a different day makes it a little harder to compare but once you take that into consideration it looks good!!

LolaInLove
March 23rd, 2011, 04:27 PM
Oh no need to feel bad sweety. I too gained about 22lbs since last July. I was drinking bsd daily(1/2 tsp once a day) Nov, Dec, Jan b4 my attempt. If you see me now, you'll think I am 6 months gone but I am only 11weeks, oh well, I just pray it works cos this is my last pg. Goodluck:luck:

Girl, this is our 3rd....I hear you look pg about 5 minutes after getting a bfp! I am certain that I will be in maternity clothes by 8 wks!!!!

iyamaryam
March 23rd, 2011, 04:46 PM
Girl, this is our 3rd....I hear you look pg about 5 minutes after getting a bfp! I am certain that I will be in maternity clothes by 8 wks!!!!
I hear you hon, congrats on your bfp, :pray:for sticky blue bean for you too dear.

TTC5
March 23rd, 2011, 06:59 PM
Thanks Atomic!

Kris217
March 24th, 2011, 12:32 AM
Yes and it also means you are probably pretty fertile right now. Estrogen is good for fertility although it can be too high and be linked to PCOS (but he/she would have noticed if your numbers indicated something like that.)

Thanks Atomic, you know everything!! :) and i hope you're right about being fertile!

atomic sagebrush
March 24th, 2011, 10:51 AM
I wish LOL!!! Thanks and good luck!!