PDA

View Full Version : Oral thrush

TTC5
March 14th, 2011, 05:29 PM
I know babies get it and am guessing so can adults?

I have a terribly sore, itchy pallette (roof of my mouth closer to the throat) It is red and blotchy looking.. could this be thrush? I had thrush a week ago is it possible that it can move through the body?

There is no white patches in my mouth though? It is soo sore and itchy :sigh:
I thought it was allergy/hey fever when it first started but it is getting worse and I do not have any other allergy symptoms?

Hormonal changes perhaps?

atomic sagebrush
March 15th, 2011, 11:25 AM
I know you can get it but it's pretty rare and only in people who have lowered immune systems.

I do get allergies/hay fever on the roof of my mouth almost exactly like what you're describing...are you taking any new supplements or foods that you don't normally eat? In particular royal jelly/bee pollen??

The test is, take an antihistamine. If it goes away/gets better, you're eating something you're allergic to and you need to cut back on the supps that you've just added and readd them one at a time to figure out what it is you're allergic to.

TTC5
March 15th, 2011, 09:53 PM
No bee pollens nope.

Could it be from all this salt irritating the mouth maybe?? Or the acid in the lemon water?

atomic sagebrush
March 16th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Yes, that is a possibility as well. I would still try one antihistamine, it won't ruin your sway and you'll be able to tell if it's an allergic reaction to something or just inflammation.

TTC5
March 16th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Hi Atomic, this it is just inflammation too much salt just irritating me lol as I never ever added salt to anything before!!
I layed off a bit yesterday and feel better this morning already!

atomic sagebrush
March 17th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Oh good! I"m glad!!