PDA

View Full Version : Who understands biorhythms?

TTC5
March 14th, 2011, 07:35 PM
This is such a great thread I will make it into a sticky...if you are new and just reading this, read the whole thread to see how to use your biorhythms to help you sway!! XO atomic sagebrush XO

This is my biorythm for June July (we want to attempt in winter) can anyone tell me how to read it please for swaying boy?

TTC5
March 14th, 2011, 07:36 PM
And this is August (disregard September for now)

TTC5
March 14th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Sorry will readd soon forgot to remove my private details!

TTC5
March 14th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Ahhh stupid thing!! I went and edited the pic and removed my details name and dob and re added to my pb account but when I add the link here it shows my pictures before I edited them??!!!! And i saved it after editing!!

TTC5
March 14th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Will link you to my album for now instead grr
http://s1139.photobucket.com/albums/n550/opk11/

TTC5
March 14th, 2011, 07:51 PM
I am going to add DH's charts too his are named Hubby ;)

atomic sagebrush
March 15th, 2011, 11:40 AM
I have no clue! I will have to research what they mean! Bumping in the hopes that someone else knows.

3Pink1Blue
March 15th, 2011, 05:12 PM
I understand it enough to read the charts but not really the reason behind it. That said your biorhythm is based on the month of conception not the month of delivery so post your conception months and your probable O dates and I'll let you know :bigsmile:

TTC5
March 15th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Hey J! Yep those months are dates we will conceive in =)

3Pink1Blue
March 15th, 2011, 10:07 PM
I misunderstood, I thought you said attempting in winter :oops:

What are your probable O dates for those months?

TTC5
March 15th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Yep this is winter for me hehe I am in Australia ;)

Well not 100% sure but let me have a guess!!

TTC5
March 15th, 2011, 10:33 PM
7th -12th June
5th July - 10th July
2nd August - 7th August & maybe 30th August?

Roundabouts anyway lol.. so how do we read them?

3Pink1Blue
March 16th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Yep this is winter for me hehe I am in Australia ;)

Well not 100% sure but let me have a guess!!

Ah so no misunderstanding just geography lol

3Pink1Blue
March 16th, 2011, 12:27 AM
7th -12th June
5th July - 10th July
2nd August - 7th August & maybe 30th August?

Roundabouts anyway lol.. so how do we read them?

ok, it's about where the lines are with the horizontal center line, i.e. over (positive) or under (negative)

* Girl = Positive emotional, negative physical line

* Lean Girl = Negative emotional and Physical

* Boy = Positive physical and negative emotional

* Lean Boy = Positive physical and emotional

* Neutral = lines are crossing the center of the date.

June
you - girl
DH - girl till 11th then lean boy

July
you - girl till 9th then lean boy
DH - lean boy

Aug
you - lean boy 30- lean boy
DH - lean boy 30- lean boy till 12ish on th 30th

TTC5
March 16th, 2011, 01:19 AM
Ah so best to avoid June and July then haha too girly for my liking!! :P

I have just been told that being in the southern hemisphere, seasons do not matter for me anyway?

Wonder if we can try sooner than hahahahahah

atomic sagebrush
March 16th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Ah so best to avoid June and July then haha too girly for my liking!! :P

I have just been told that being in the southern hemisphere, seasons do not matter for me anyway?

Wonder if we can try sooner than hahahahahah I'm sorry, SEASONS matter regardless of where you live. I'm sorry, I hate to quibble with someone from another site but that is just silly that somehow seasons cease to matter because you're in a different hemisphere.

Your best bet to TTC blue in the Southern Hemisphere would be Sept-Oct. according to that Italian study but each month further into summer you get, more and more boys should be conceived, peaking in Sept/Oct. So if you have a good month for biorhythms in August or whenever and you want to try sooner, go for it! There were still plenty of opposites conceived even in the peak months.

TTC5
March 16th, 2011, 06:39 PM
So winter & spring you mean for boy? the month to conceive in (aussie seasons that is)

TTC5
March 17th, 2011, 02:51 AM
Hi again, just curious say your bio compared to dh does not match for example:
DW - Boy
DH - Girl

or

DW - lean boy
DH - girl

Such as that... how does it work?? whose do you go by??

ELP
March 17th, 2011, 06:20 AM
I think we need the curve to be a the bottom for blue is that right? I read a thread on IG about it, I'll see if I can get the basic details.

ELP
March 17th, 2011, 06:27 AM
http://www.cycletourist.com/biochart/.

You need to put in your birthdate, then the month you conceived, and then the time zone. If you need to figure out conception date, try this webiste to backtrack from birthdate. http://dateoflife.com/prod02.htm

The blue line is the physical line, red is emotional, and green is intellectual. Ignore the green line.

If the blue line is in the positive zone and red line is in the negative zone, then you have a strong chance of conceiving a boy.

If the both blue and red are in the positive zone, then you lean towards having a boy.

If the red line is in the positive zone and blue line is in the negative zone, then you have a strong chance of conceiving a girl.

If the both the red and blue are in the negative zone, then you lean towards having a girl.

It also shows moon phases. Full moon = boy; New moon = girl

atomic sagebrush
March 17th, 2011, 11:19 AM
So winter & spring you mean for boy? the month to conceive in (aussie seasons that is)

Just to clarify, this has NOTHING whatsoever to do with ions or the info on other swaying sites. This is based on some scientific studies that were done.

These studies found that the most boys were conceived in late summer/early fall for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere - Sept/October (which also makes sense with the Trivers Willard hypothesis - that we might have evolved to conceive more boys when they had the best odds of survival.) Boys need more nutrients from conception onward, so a baby conceived in the fall, right after the summer months when food was plentiful and a mother was best nourished, and then born in the early summer (June/July) when food would be plentiful for several months afterwards, that would be the best chance at survival for a boy.

Girls on the other hand, need less nutrients from conception onward, so if a person got pregnant at a time when food had been less plentiful (in the study, March/April were the peak in girl conceptions - after the winter when food would have been scarce for several months) and then due to deliver at a time (Dec. and Jan.) when nutrients would be scarce for many months afterwards, then a girl would have a better chance at survival than a boy would because they require less nutrients than boys do.

In the Southern Hemisphere, you would just reverse that. More boys would be conceived in March/April because that is your late summer/early autumn, and more girls conceived in Sept/Oct because that is your late winter/early spring.

The idea is that something in our bodies has evolved that picks up on hours of daylight or temperature or both, that sends a very subtle message to our body about the gender of child would have the best shot at survival. It's not the ion theory and in fact contradicts the ion/temp theory.

LolaInLove
March 17th, 2011, 01:04 PM
So, atomic, random question related to this: if I live in the south where we have SUPER mild winters, do you think it matters as much? Meaning that my body has picked up on the fact that there are never any conditions that are extreme enought to make sustainance scarce? I just don't know how much I believe in all this biorythm stuff....it's not enough to convince me not to ttc in the girly months, but then again, I am old so don't have the luxury of waiting to ttc!

3Pink1Blue
March 17th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Hi again, just curious say your bio compared to dh does not match for example:
DW - Boy
DH - Girl

or

DW - lean boy
DH - girl

Such as that... how does it work?? whose do you go by??

both dh and I were either full girl or lean girl when each of mine were conceived but my bff was lean boy and her dh was girl when they conceived and she's having a girl. Not really an answer I realize but thought I'd share:bigsmile:

LolaInLove
March 17th, 2011, 01:20 PM
What site are you guys using to plug in your info?

3Pink1Blue
March 17th, 2011, 01:21 PM
AS- so, in theory, if we chow all those plentiful summer foods all winter long can we "trick" our bodies into thinking all is good and conceive those boys. Is that, again in theory, why dieting in fall/winter months is getting us girls, our bodies think there's a famine? I think I'm just looking for justification to chow down on all those foods I've been avoiding (too much calcium) for a few months :bigsmile::rofl:

3Pink1Blue
March 17th, 2011, 01:25 PM
What site are you guys using to plug in your info?

http://www.cycletourist.com/biochart/

LolaInLove
March 17th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Apparently all moons and biorythms scream that we are in girl zone. Oh well!

3Pink1Blue
March 17th, 2011, 03:56 PM
I think all the things help if they are all in agreement but one off factor isn't going to ruin anything. Depending on which sway factor you look at I should have at least 1 boy. I am really starting to believe it's so much more about your body then the weather. I've got pregnant within days of a friend and she had a boy and me a girl. Exact same external factors in play, our own bodies were the only varying factors. You've changed your diet and exercise habits I really think/hope that's the biggest factor.

TTC5
March 17th, 2011, 06:58 PM
The bluie (physical) curve do you mean? I thought that had to be up top..?

atomic sagebrush
March 18th, 2011, 01:24 PM
AS- so, in theory, if we chow all those plentiful summer foods all winter long can we "trick" our bodies into thinking all is good and conceive those boys. Is that, again in theory, why dieting in fall/winter months is getting us girls, our bodies think there's a famine? I think I'm just looking for justification to chow down on all those foods I've been avoiding (too much calcium) for a few months :bigsmile::rofl:

I am 110% convinced that is the case - esp. Vit. D which would increase during the summer and decline during the winter. Here is the link to the essay I originally posted about this, it has links to the studies and stuff. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1693-the-seasons-and-swaying&highlight=seasons+swaying Two of my four boys were conceived in March (for more info about this, I wrote it in detail in this thread http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1890-How-we-got-our-boys! The interesting this is that my DS 2, by all rights, is the one who I think "should" have been a girl, but he was conceived in late summer.

Let me tell you, I ate TONS of calcium with all four of my guys. Not convinced about the calcium AT ALL. I'm not encouraging anyone to go off the diet because I think you can encorporate a lot of the "mineral balancing" into a boy sway and kind of hedge your bets, but until I see some blind side-by-side studies done in primates I'm not going to be sold on the idea. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?609-the-calcium-conundrum-CONTROVERSIAL&highlight=calcium+conundrum

atomic sagebrush
March 18th, 2011, 01:32 PM
So, atomic, random question related to this: if I live in the south where we have SUPER mild winters, do you think it matters as much? Meaning that my body has picked up on the fact that there are never any conditions that are extreme enought to make sustainance scarce? I just don't know how much I believe in all this biorythm stuff....it's not enough to convince me not to ttc in the girly months, but then again, I am old so don't have the luxury of waiting to ttc!

It seems to matter less the closer you get to the equator. In a seeming contradiction, more girls seem to be conceived in equatorial nations (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/the-equatorial-enigma-why-are-more-girls-than-boys-born-in-the-tropics-ndash-and-what-does-it-mean-1658981.html and please note, this is just a slight variation, still close to 50-50 and more boys are born even at the equator). Whatever mechanism is at play seems to have perhaps evolved as a response to humans moving to seasonal climates.

I do believe in the seasonal variation and it didn't stop me from TTC when I wanted to. There are plenty of "opposites" and I think your body's condition is way, way more important.

atomic sagebrush
March 18th, 2011, 01:34 PM
I think all the things help if they are all in agreement but one off factor isn't going to ruin anything. Depending on which sway factor you look at I should have at least 1 boy. I am really starting to believe it's so much more about your body then the weather. I've got pregnant within days of a friend and she had a boy and me a girl. Exact same external factors in play, our own bodies were the only varying factors. You've changed your diet and exercise habits I really think/hope that's the biggest factor.

Totally!!!! If this was anything close to 100% or even 75%, it would be so obvious we all would have noticed. It's a very tiny variation, it's helpful because of what it's telling us but no one should rearrange their lives or sway around it.

TTC5
March 18th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Thanks Atomic and everyone else xxxx

ELP
March 19th, 2011, 02:40 PM
http://www.cycletourist.com/biochart/.

You need to put in your birthdate, then the month you conceived, and then the time zone. If you need to figure out conception date, try this webiste to backtrack from birthdate. http://dateoflife.com/prod02.htm

The blue line is the physical line, red is emotional, and green is intellectual. Ignore the green line.

If the blue line is in the positive zone and red line is in the negative zone, then you have a strong chance of conceiving a boy.If the both blue and red are in the positive zone, then you lean towards having a boy.

If the red line is in the positive zone and blue line is in the negative zone, then you have a strong chance of conceiving a girl.

If the both the red and blue are in the negative zone, then you lean towards having a girl.

It also shows moon phases. Full moon = boy; New moon = girl

Today my lines are fully in the right place! and I'm not sure if I'm noticing ewcm atm, plus tonights mega moon I wonder if I should sneak in a quick bd and roll the dice?????

ELP
March 19th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Uh-oh DH's are both in the girl zone, just my luck lol.

TTC5
March 19th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Are you near O, ELP?

ELP
March 20th, 2011, 04:14 AM
Are you near O, ELP?I have no idea lol:) I had af style cramps yesterday and what seemed to be ewcm, but the opk was about 40% in the morning but about 15% in the afternoon and the cramps went away. I think its still wishful thinking atm, hopefully though every sign is a good sign!!

atomic sagebrush
March 20th, 2011, 12:43 PM
It is a good sign! That estrogen is just going to keep going up and up until the egg breaks free!!

ELP
March 20th, 2011, 05:28 PM
It is a good sign! That estrogen is just going to keep going up and up until the egg breaks free!!

Thanks AS! Theres good news on this aswell, tomorrow DH moves from strong chance of girl to slight lean to girl but I am still fully in the blue zones, come on you eggy lol!!

TTC5
March 20th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Go ELP! FX for you girl!!! xxx

tropicgal
March 31st, 2011, 06:40 AM

Does this mean that those with a longer cycle (my cycles are about 33-34 days with O on CD19-20) would have higher estrogen which helps sway blue??

I checked out the biorhytm chart for my April dates and it says girl for me and lean girl for DH, at least the moon will be full so that is something cosmically in our favour!

purplepoet20
March 31st, 2011, 09:53 AM
When I did "our" bio charts for the time the boys were conceived I notice the blue line was either at the top or very close and the red line was all the way at the bottom. Both were also fairly close the the full moon. Just going by the months signs I could have had both girls. But for about 2mths before each was conceived we ate a lot of red meat and Italian. So with all that said we were in the 90% for boys!

For you... Trying to stay in high boy times!
Hubby - June 14-20th, July 13th, and Sept 12-17th
You - June 22-25th and Sept 18-24th look good
Stay away from the days when the red and blue line run close together and go for the days that match DHs and yours. I would really work on the diet in full force... banana, steak, salsa, and salty chips at every meal. You and your hubbies times don't match up so well so you need to work on the food/herb/vitamin part. Sept looks the best over all but June may work.

TTC5
March 31st, 2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks pp!

atomic sagebrush
April 1st, 2011, 12:14 PM
Does this mean that those with a longer cycle (my cycles are about 33-34 days with O on CD19-20) would have higher estrogen which helps sway blue??

I checked out the biorhytm chart for my April dates and it says girl for me and lean girl for DH, at least the moon will be full so that is something cosmically in our favour!

No one is really sure about that. We do know that both boys and girls are conceived in both shorter and longer cycles. If your cycle suddenly changes, then that can mean that your hormones are changing as well - you might find that your cycle actually gets shorter, because high levels of estrogen trigger the surge that causes ovulation. Either way, you can conceive a baby of either gender with a 34 day cycle, no worries!!

TTC5
April 9th, 2011, 08:48 PM
No one is really sure about that. We do know that both boys and girls are conceived in both shorter and longer cycles. If your cycle suddenly changes, then that can mean that your hormones are changing as well - you might find that your cycle actually gets shorter, because high levels of estrogen trigger the surge that causes ovulation. Either way, you can conceive a baby of either gender with a 34 day cycle, no worries!!

MM I wonder if this is why this cycle was so different to my last two??? Maybe my hormones are changing?

atomic sagebrush
April 10th, 2011, 06:47 PM
MM I wonder if this is why this cycle was so different to my last two??? Maybe my hormones are changing?

It could be, or can also be related to illness (even if you didn't really even know you were sick) or stress.

TTC5
April 11th, 2011, 12:18 AM
probably stress..... we have been under immense stress this month =(