PDA

View Full Version : Girl moms Q

Coccinelle33
March 14th, 2011, 07:42 PM
What are some typical things you would eat though out your day for dinner, snack, or lunch?

TTC5
March 14th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Brekkie - skipped but when dieting I would have one of those shakes designed for weight loss.

Snack - diet yoghurt

Lunch - Salad and chicken sandwhich/ lowest calorie soup I could find - not both one or the other!

Snack - banana

Dinner - Usually a chicken stir fry, or steamed veg (brocolli, carrot, peas and corn) 1 small potato or rice/ or I would have chicken and veg rissoto very small portion!!!

After dinner - low fat icecream.

When not dieting: lots and lots of chocolate, full cream ice cream loaded with topping and chocolate pieces lol, cakes and sugary biscuits haha

babydes56
March 15th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Skipped breakfast, ate tons of dairy & was slim. I remember lots of bding & also the month i conceived my 2nd daughter we had a 2 day cut off, also had just come off BCP.

nuthinbutpink
March 15th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Low fat/low calorie. Snacks throughout day and just drank CL pink lemonade, craisins, salads, very little fried foods ever. Drank sprite occasionally but never any diet drinks. Love candy- sweet tarts, anything tart really.

Another princess
March 15th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Thanks ladies this is really helpful.

LolaInLove
March 15th, 2011, 03:20 PM
I never ate breakfast. Would have a jumbo mug of coffee and sometimes a nutrigrain bar or something on my way to the gym, then would work out for 2 hours. Would have a protein drink (from the gym- usually Muscle Milk) after working out, then would have something light like a pb&j or turkey sandwich with fruit and always drank some sort of calorie-free (but not plain water) beverage. For dinner, usually had a little white meat protein, very little carbs, and veggies. Never cooked with butter but a little olive oil. Reason for all of this was my mean (now ex) dh who would freak out if I had an inkling of fat on my body (yes, even while pg and with kids), or ever served any food that was in any way "greasy or fattening" and never red meat as he'd get the runs from it. (He had IBS, was a control freak, and had OCD...yes, lovely....no wonder I left him, right!?) And, on the testosterone point, I think mine was low because of not much meat, especially red meat. I did and still do drink some red wine quite frequently....like a glass while cooking, not a bottle a night or anything, although occasionally I would on the weekends. So, all in all, I was eating VERY little and working out a TON, was very thin and surely very acidic.

GOOD LUCK!!! :XX:

LolaInLove
March 15th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I forgot to add that I NEVER used salt and ate very low sodium as that good old ex-dh would freak out and say I was going to give myself a bad heart, blah blah blah. I really had a perfectly healthy diet, although in retrospect, if I were making it a really perfect diet for the real world and not ttc anything, I would add some more lean protein (like an egg at breakfast) and I would have more grains and fruits and veggies each day. I just had this notion that less calories would do the trick, and it sure worked for keeping me thin and making girl babies!

3Pink1Blue
March 15th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Breakfast - scrambled egg whites with orange juice and a bowl of Kashi vanilla oatmeal

Lunch - 1/2 serving turkey on low-carb bread w/light mayo, glass of milk and a few carrots or a salad w/romain lettuce, grilled chicken, a couple low fat croutons and a couple tbsp low fat oil/vinegar dressing

snack - kashi protein bar

Dinner - 3-4 oz of turkey or chicken and a green veg and sometimes brown rice, no corn or potatoes

desert - Skinny cow ice cream bar or cone

no eating w/in 2 hrs of bed

LolaInLove
March 16th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Jen, that's what I need to start eating after I get pg and deliver to lose all this blue diet weight! I was similar with food choices you had, and never used to eat after dinner around 7pm also.

3Pink1Blue
March 16th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Oh I was crazy diligent when I got preg w/dd#3, hoping after this free for all I'm in right now that I can reign it back in and drop some weight afterwards too.

Zivic-Bubac
March 19th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Breakfast - skipped
Snack - piece of cheese around noon and large glass of coke
Lunch - often skipped, when not: veggie soup with milk, lots of pasta, often chicken, never potato, large glass of coke
Snack - croissant or something like that
Dinner - bread and butter, spaghetti, large cup of yoghurt

I was skinny ( still am, but I gained some weight on boy diet:bigsmile:), and I felt exhausted most of the time. I walk alot during the day, not because I like it, but because we have only 1 car, so i walk and use public transport

atomic sagebrush
March 20th, 2011, 11:44 AM
You guys, this is so fantastic! Thank you all for sharing!

TTC5
March 24th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Familiar patterns hey!
Starve yourself and get skinny....

LOL not advising anyone to do this though :P

TulleExplosion
March 25th, 2011, 03:56 PM
I was always dieting before conceiving my girls and lost significant amounts.

I did it with weight watchers, so weight loss wasnt crazy or binge like, but definitely limited my calories.

Breakfast- Healthy cereal (cheerios, bran flakes etc) with non fat milk. Usually a half a cup of cereal and half a cup of milk because I didnt want breakfast to exceed 3 points.

Lunch- Huge salads with nonfat cottage cheese, whole wheat sandwiches with low fat cheese, soup, tuna fish with low fat mayo etc.

Dinner- Usually a lean protein like salmon or chicken breast with asparagus or similar veg and sweet potatoes or brown rice.

I snacked only on veggies. I drank only Diet Coke, water and seltzer. I would binge and have sweets, but only within my points range. I hardly ate any red meat, bananas, dont use a lot of salt either. I also hardly ate fruit.

TTC5
March 26th, 2011, 05:54 AM
I did WW too! And in between did The Biggest Loser shakes lol and yes lots of Coke Zero!!

TulleExplosion
March 28th, 2011, 03:10 PM
TTC5, I am convinced: you and I are the same person except you have one more girl :).

TulleExplosion
March 28th, 2011, 03:13 PM
I am looking at what I wrote and from I have learned here, what makes my diet particularly girl friendly even though I ate well with regard to grains and carbs is that my dairy was always non or low fat. I was really low fat and low carb and did cardio like a madwoman.

begonia
March 30th, 2011, 05:53 PM
I ran over 40 miles a week before and while TTC both my girls. Never did much strength training aside from the occasional ab work. Very slim and lean. Diet was pretty funny and my friends all still tease me about it, because I pretty much lived on Coke Zero and then, this is what is funny, massive amounts of real sugar :-) I ate at least 3 candy bars, or cookies, or cupcakes a day. So I wasn't a low fat or low carb diet person by any means.

Other than that, my meals were fairly healthy but light fare like egg whites, grilled fish/chicken salads, PB sandwiches, yogurt with fruit, cottage cheese, beans and rice, etc. Not a ton of veggies ... we did eat broccoli a ton though because DH likes it. I rarely ate red meat. Maybe 1x a month. I definitely had lots of dairy because I always drank milk with my sweets. My calorie intake was high (around 3000 a day) but more from the sugar than from nutritious food, and because of what I burned through exercise I was still thin.

OH ... I have always loved salt! Which I know is a boy friendly thing. My theory there is that with all the sweating I was doing with the running my salt intake was likely just replenishing that so it wasn't really leaving my body in a "high salt" state.... unlike now, where I salt everything and rarely sweat, LOL.

daisyfay311
March 31st, 2011, 08:51 PM
When I got pregnant with my daughter, I never ate breakfast. I ate a lot of ice cream and drank a lot of milk.....it's hard to remember everything because I wasn't swaying and was just trying to get pregnant. I know for a fact that she was conceived from DTD with shallow penetration three days before O as that was the only time we DTD for a while because I was sick and then my husband was sick.

Coccinelle33
April 1st, 2011, 10:57 AM
thanks this is wonderful info!!

Glittergirl
April 2nd, 2011, 01:38 AM
Thank you Girl moms! This is so informative. Here's all my blue dust!

Flava
April 5th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Ok if this helps... breakfast :most of the time nothing... maybe bagel , egg bacon
snack:I don't do snack
lunch: IF I eat lunch then something small like : sandwich or ramen noodle , yakisoba noodle, salad with hidden valley ranch,soup ,pizza, anyway not much
snack: again nothing or joghurt ,some fruit or so
dinner: when we cook I eat that what ever it is ( not much) or nothing because don't want to eat much and put on weight right?
late night snack: no way

I also love butter and sour cream . Don't really like milk. If we go out I eat whatever . So I was not really on girl diet but didn't eat much.And drink diet pepsi like none stop. really almost nothing else.
Ok BUT when I was on boy diet I did it right and even put on weight (don't remember but over 10 lbs for sure) and still didn't worked for me. It never raised my PH or anything . Only BS did and I read that diet did raised PH for others so I don't know what to think about it.

SpicyTunaSushi
April 9th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Breakfast: Bran Cereal with 2% (semi-skimmed) milk. Coffee with lots of milk!

Snack - Fruit or cakes the people brought into work.

Lunch - PBJ Sandwich, or Turkey Ham with Cheese, Banana, low fat yogurt

Snack - Carbs, crackers, toast

Dinner - Pasta with sauce- sometimes cheese and crackers, rarely ate meat, chili- beans and tomatoes with lots of cheese!

I think for me- lack of good quality (and expensive since we are on a budget) meat and lots of carbs. Very acidic and bad for TW. 2 strikes!

My grocery bill is out of this world on the boy diet!

CapricornAquarius
May 22nd, 2011, 09:29 PM
Pretty much for me, I always ate my breakfast and love my salty foods, never been a big meat eater, had heaps of dairy, always snacked before bed & snacked through the day, lunch & dinner pretty much everything, basically my diet was a very acidic one not very healthy.

Ive always been slim but very toned, always have protein shakes, cause of my weight training.

Now that Im ttc a boy, my diet has changed to an alkaline one, much more healthy!

2 x beautiful :biggirl2:

jane
May 23rd, 2011, 02:51 AM
i hardly ate breakfast,nothing really until 11am. had milk by the gallon. ate sweets by the truck load.not much meat.im trying to do the opposite now and its hard when youve gotton your body used to one way but hopefully it will be worth it!

Zivic-Bubac
May 23rd, 2011, 03:39 AM
Breakfast: no such thing lol! around noon piece of cheese (yum!)
Lunch: never potatoes ( I hate it), rarely red meat, lots of rice and chicken, lots of pasta
Dinner: sometimes nothing, sometimes pizza or white bread with something.

Gallons and gallons of coke which is super acidic and when consumed in so high amounts like I did, it makes you dehydrated. I COMPLETELY stop drinking coke - the toughest part of my swaying.

I was skinny and felt exhausted most of the time. Never did any exercise, but walking a lot.
Note: I did cook for my family, but I wasn't eating it. Now I'm eating like a baby dinosaur and I gained 5 kg which sucks.

I was perfect example of girl friendly life style.

TTC5
May 26th, 2011, 02:56 AM
Ok if this helps... breakfast :most of the time nothing... maybe bagel , egg bacon
snack:I don't do snack
lunch: IF I eat lunch then something small like : sandwich or ramen noodle , yakisoba noodle, salad with hidden valley ranch,soup ,pizza, anyway not much
snack: again nothing or joghurt ,some fruit or so
dinner: when we cook I eat that what ever it is ( not much) or nothing because don't want to eat much and put on weight right?
late night snack: no way

I also love butter and sour cream . Don't really like milk. If we go out I eat whatever . So I was not really on girl diet but didn't eat much.And drink diet pepsi like none stop. really almost nothing else.
Ok BUT when I was on boy diet I did it right and even put on weight (don't remember but over 10 lbs for sure) and still didn't worked for me. It never raised my PH or anything . Only BS did and I read that diet did raised PH for others so I don't know what to think about it.

When you swayed last, what was your pH?

TTC5
May 26th, 2011, 02:57 AM
Breakfast: Bran Cereal with 2% (semi-skimmed) milk. Coffee with lots of milk!

Snack - Fruit or cakes the people brought into work.

Lunch - PBJ Sandwich, or Turkey Ham with Cheese, Banana, low fat yogurt

Snack - Carbs, crackers, toast

Dinner - Pasta with sauce- sometimes cheese and crackers, rarely ate meat, chili- beans and tomatoes with lots of cheese!

I think for me- lack of good quality (and expensive since we are on a budget) meat and lots of carbs. Very acidic and bad for TW. 2 strikes!

My grocery bill is out of this world on the boy diet!

Same here! My local grocery store must be puzzled with the sudden increase in gelatine sales lmao!

Demeter
September 29th, 2011, 12:15 PM
With my 1st, I ate a lot of indian lentils and rice, pretty much every day for lunch. skipped breakfast. had a dinner with vegetables & starch and occasional fish. no meat. not a lot of food, quite skinny.

2nd -
watched my caloric intake. ate a lot of cheese, spinach, rice, grapes, peanut butter and jelly toast. rice & vegetables a lot. some meat, but not a lot.

3rd -
watched caloric intake, pasta, bread, rice, chopped salad with walnuts, lowfat yogurt, not a lot of meat.

atomic sagebrush
October 1st, 2011, 09:07 AM
Thank you Demeter!!

prayingforblue
October 28th, 2011, 12:17 AM
I'm trying to figure out where I went wrong with my diet when I had my girls. I have endometriosis so I followed the endo. diet to try to keep my symptoms away. On this diet I avoided wheat, red meat, dairy, sugar, soy, coffee/tea. I always had breakfast though, and ate two organic eggs a day (even though you're not supposed to have eggs on the endo. diet). I ate lots of fruit & veggies, gluten-free grains (rice, quinoa, etc.), beans/legumes, nuts/seeds, occasionally organic chicken, plain yoghurt, corn chips for a snack. Sea salt was allowed but I generally didn't eat much salty foods. I guess it was low in fat and testosterone. I always found that I lost weight eating this way, and it helped me shed those postpartum pounds. I also took coconut oil and EPO to help with pain and fertility. Maybe dairy does help to sway blue; I wasn't having much except for plain yogurt.

atomic sagebrush
October 29th, 2011, 10:58 AM
pfb, to me that is a pretty girl friendly diet. Just as you say, low in fat, lower in complete proteins (beans and legumes are good for protein but are not complete in the way animal proteins are), lower in nutrients overall. I do think that's still a good diet for TTC a boy, just try upping the heal;thy fats as much as you can, gain some muscle rather than losing weight, and be sure to eat BOTH protein and carbs at every meal.

That having been said, you can do everything "right" and still conceive an opposite. It's because it's not what you do that sways, it's how your body reacts to what you do, so if your body is still doing the "girl stuff" even if you eat the most boy-friendly diet you can get your hands on, you will still be more likely to conceive a girl.

prayingforblue
October 29th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Thanks atomic for the helpful info. I'm learning so much; still trying to sort everything out.

atomic sagebrush
October 30th, 2011, 12:48 PM
It takes some sorting I know so please let me know if you have any q's!!

envisioned
December 9th, 2011, 06:22 PM
This is by far the most eye opening thread I have read in all the years I've been reading threads on diet. I could copy and paste some of these entries.

Overall it seems to be the theme - Eat food, not too much, eh..
Michael Pollen would be mad at me.

Breakfast - what's that? Coffee in a container with stevia and cream. IF I did eat, it was always the classic bacon and eggs and then I could get so busy that I would totally not eat anything for a half assed lunch by 2-3 pm.

Lunch - Slice of pizza or a grilled cheese sandwich. Maybe a salad or a sandwich (I love sandwiches).

Dinner - This is where it gets weird. Some days I'd have steak with red wine and fries. Other days I'd crack open a can of chicken soup. The consistency in this 'diet' is that there was no consistency. I could eat one big meal per day and then snack all day long on random things like crackers, chocolates, cookies, cereal with milk and oh yes, copious amounts of cheese. I have never been a 3 meal eater + snacks a day.

I almost never regularily ate meat, chicken, proteins, veggies, fruits (except apples). I could live on pizza every day. To this day if I need to eat healthy and a balanced diet, and be constant with my meals, it's an epic effort.

I am a huge red winer drinker and conceived both times with alcohol in my system (first was a vodka and soda and lime - I KNOW!!! - and the next was red wine). I also do not work out. At all. I walked a lot living downtown at the time but that again is cardio.

Sigh.

For DD2 I really tried to change it a LOT. But even looking back, I could have done so much better.

atomic sagebrush
December 10th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Thank you envisioned, very helpful!!! I find your diet to be quite consistent with a girl-friendly one - the skipping meals thing really seems to be something fairly consistent for moms of pink (with exceptions on both sides, of course).

People have the misconception that to conceive a girl, you have to eat a very limited diet but I do not believe that to be the case. Most women out there have conceived at least one girl or more, without trying or giving it any thought whatsoever - I think that's why some people don't buy into swaying, because they think, well I didn't drink a gallon of milk and eat cranberries all day long and I have girls! It's your overall diet and eating patterns that matter, and not any one or two or 10 magic foods.

love being a mummy
December 12th, 2011, 08:21 PM
People have the misconception that to conceive a girl, you have to eat a very limited diet but I do not believe that to be the case. Most women out there have conceived at least one girl or more, without trying or giving it any thought whatsoever
I agree, my diet is not limited at all. I eat alot but I usually skip breakfast I'm just too busy I'll have breakfast about 2hrs after waking up but sometimes it will be 4-5hours.

Yahmama
December 17th, 2011, 09:25 AM
What are some typical things you would eat though out your day for dinner, snack, or lunch?

Looking back I can see how my eating habits were SO girly! I was probably overdosing on calcium because I drank tons of milk, ate yogurt every day and I had an addiction to ice cream! Also, I drank a lot of diet soda and crystal light. The moment I read up on ttc a boy I knew why I had gotten 2 daughters in a row like I did! Plus I was still nursing when I conceived both of them and had just gotten off of the mini-pill with both of them.

atomic sagebrush
December 18th, 2011, 10:51 AM
I know you guys are prob sick of hearing me say it but I ate/drank tons of dairy foods with all four of my boys.

Getting off the minipill does sway pink possibly from hormones but also because BCP cause damage to the cervical crypts so they produce less EWCM.

grasshopper
December 26th, 2011, 10:20 PM
I always ate breakfast...Weet-Bix, milk & sugar or toast & vegemite.
Would sometimes skip lunch but would snack on crackers, biscuits etc. If I had lunch it was a white bread sandwich of some variety.
Dinner was pasta or rice with chicken or very small amount of lean red meat, mashed potato & vegies.
Snacks were nearly always sweet...wasn't big on savoury.
I was by no means skinny. Prob 5-10 kgs above ideal weight, although my work was quite physical and I tried to stay active after pregnancies. I ate waaaaayyyy too many carbs (too much wheat & sugar which I am now quite intolerant to since second pregnancy...think I overloaded), too many sweet things, not enough red meat, not much in the way of fat. Not enough vegies. My diet wasnt limited but I was not getting anwhere near enough nutrients from my carb-laden diet...not balancing it up with enough protein or vegies.
Before I fell pregnant this time, my diet had changed a lot...wasn't following the boy diet for long but now that I think about it my diet has changed considerably over the period since having DD#2 so is probably much more favouring boy before I started TTC this time anyway.

praying4boy
November 13th, 2012, 01:29 PM
I was trying to lose weight when we concieved my 1st child, I skipped breakfast, I ate yogurt a lot, I ate about 1200 calories a day and never took a multi-vitamin until I found out I was pregnant.

luvalittleman
November 15th, 2012, 11:33 PM

Have 3 girls and consistently before all three :
I was very slim, doing lots of cardio (walking, elliptical machine, step, aerobics)
Had low fat full milk coffee with 3 sugars first thing then no food for another 2 hours.
Breakfast was small, cereal, fruit, toast.
No food until lunch then some crappy low nutrient asian soup in a pack or yogurt and fruit or PB&J sandwich. Another milky/sugary coffee.
Then nothing until dinner. Small low fat dinners )red meat MAYBE once a fortnight, mostly chicken 5 nights and veggo other two nights. Ate no fats (either good or bad). Am surprised my daughters are so healthy and robust in hindsight....

babygirl
December 18th, 2012, 05:35 AM
this is interesting ladies, with my first 2 i ate a small dinner and thats it. No snacks no breakfast or lunch and was very underweight. Was always busy rode horses daily and would walk everyday. Only difference is i ate red meat at least 3-4 times a week.
i feel i have no chance getting a girl

atomic sagebrush
December 19th, 2012, 10:19 AM
this is interesting ladies, with my first 2 i ate a small dinner and thats it. No snacks no breakfast or lunch and was very underweight. Was always busy rode horses daily and would walk everyday. Only difference is i ate red meat at least 3-4 times a week.
i feel i have no chance getting a girl

There is ALWAYS A CHANCE. Lady Luck has a part to play in all this. Even if you had 80% odds of a girl, 20% of the time you'd still get a boy.

There's a lady on here who just got a girl without swaying after 7 boys.

babygirl
December 20th, 2012, 01:06 AM
wow that gives me hope,if only my cycle would return lol

mariposa
December 20th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Iīm really impressed with the typical diet of girls mums... I have a question about it...in many of "typical days" itīs just a coffe in the morning, a sandwich or soup for lunch and veggies or chicken at night...it must be around 600-800 calories per day, musnīt it? :think: I mean, if you girls mum take few calories, are you always loosing weight or do your body "get used" to it and just mantein your weight? thanks!

atomic sagebrush
December 26th, 2012, 09:34 AM
your metabolism does adjust over time. For awhile in my early 30's I was very into working out, lost a ton of weight, and ate hardly anything at all - I'm sure I was averaging under 1000 cals a day plus doing 1-2 hours of exercise. The weight just stopped coming off no matter how little I ate or how much I exercised, and while my ovulation was disrupted for 3 months, when I was at my lowest weight and doing the most exercise, after that it came back perfectly normally even tho I didn't gain any weight back.

mariposa
December 26th, 2012, 03:46 PM
thaks atomic! really interesting!

Adia
January 3rd, 2013, 06:15 PM
What do girls mom eat on a typical day...either all or nothing. So often I just don't feel like eating anything, and no I am not thin (not fat either, just thick), always trying to lose weight in one way or another.

And other days, TBH, I would eat nothing but crap, cookies, chocolate, etc and not feel bad. Before I figured out I was gluten intolerant, I could go one day every few months and eat nothing but cookies or other crap.....:oops: I don't really eat junk food, but when I lay on the bad stuff I do it right, homemade cake or cookies, fudge, etc.

I no longer wonder why I have three girls...

luvalittleman
January 5th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Very similar to TTC5 and I have 3 girls...
Have never dieted as such but am not a big eater despite being very tall and athletic build.
Breakfast - Milk coffee with 4 sugars - an hour later maybe raisin toast with honey or small bowl of cereal (always low fat milk).
Morning tea - low fat yogurt and another milk coffee with 4 sugars
Lunch - Packet soup (low fat) or sandwich (PB&J, vegemite, etc.. no protein).
Afternoon tea - chocolate bar or banana
Dinner - ONe of the following:
- Chicken stirfry and carrot, broccoli and zucchini with packet noodles
- Bean burrito
- Vegetable soup
- Chicken burger
- Asian chicken soup
- Chicken roast
- Chicken fajita
- lentil curry

Everything was a small portion and low fat. I have always been slim but looking back on my diet before each daughter, I ate barely any red meat or fruit. Vegetables with dinner most nights but nearly always carrot, broccoli, zucchini, onion and garlic only.
I also have always gone to the gym and done cardio 3 times a week.
Never drank much water except when exercising.
Looking back on my diet, I am extremely lucky to have 3 healthy daughters!!!!
I also never salted anything and never eat take out, fast food or fried foods...ever.

Dollydot
January 5th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Thank you girl mum's, really appreciate it...I have posted my diet on boy mum's.....

luvalittleman
January 5th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Iīm really impressed with the typical diet of girls mums... I have a question about it...in many of "typical days" itīs just a coffe in the morning, a sandwich or soup for lunch and veggies or chicken at night...it must be around 600-800 calories per day, musnīt it? :think: I mean, if you girls mum take few calories, are you always loosing weight or do your body "get used" to it and just mantein your weight? thanks!

Mariposa, I am 5 foot 10 inches and weigh 70 KG. I fit an australian size 10 - 12. You can see by my post above what I have eaten for most of my adult life.
I think your metabolism slows down a bit after time because you are essentially not fuelling the fire every couple of hours as you should. In hindsight, I was always quite tired however my iron was very low as well. Yes, that was my typical day diet (add in a banana and a chocolate bar and a piece of toast). You would be surprised how quickly your body (and metabolism) adjusts to calorie intake. I have just been on the boy diet for two months and I couldn't bear the amount of frequency of eating protein and carbs every two hours at first but by week 4 I was literally starving every two hours...which was weird for me.

Adia
January 24th, 2013, 02:28 PM
I had to add this to prove how I am such a natural LE eater...

I was talking to my sister the other day, she said a friend of hers realized she had a food addiction when she ate Reese's peanut butter cups for three days straight....I couldn't see a problem with that and I am not a food addict. I honestly think when I am eating LE I could probably do that and not feel all that bad for the first day or two...:oops:

atomic sagebrush
January 25th, 2013, 12:38 PM
adia you're making me hungry!!!

Adia
January 25th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Sorry about the hunger vibes...I had to share that tidbit! More PROOF of why I have girls!!!

coffee
April 26th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Good ideas

TTCaPRINCE
May 24th, 2013, 01:54 PM
NEVER ate breakfast.

Lunch - Mostly it was a salad and a baked potato
(I was in High School so it was an option they had everyday that I ate 5x a week. On the weekends I never ate lunch I would eat one meal which was a giant dinner)

Dinner - Whatever my parents made for dinner. But it was always focused around meat. I would eat a crazy large portion because I didn't really ever eat much during the day so I was starving by the time dinner rolled around.

Snack - Most nights I would have a really late night snack. Either dinner leftovers or random junk around the house.

Leebug
June 1st, 2013, 03:43 PM
I was trying to lose a few pounds I gained from our honeymoon cruise a few months prior to conceiving dd 1.we started trying that February & of course my luck I got a UTI so I was constantly drinking cranberryjuice.I ate breakfast every morning but on my way to work so I was already starving.it was almost always carbohydrates.waffles or bagel with cream cheese cranberry juice & coffee with cream and sugar.ate lots of turkey @ lunch with mustard and those low fat mozzerella sticks.sucker for baked goods like cookies and brownies.also love berries.ate lots of strawberries & raspberries & low fat yogurt

Leebug
June 1st, 2013, 03:50 PM
Oh & peppermint tea almost every night

mandie*wantsaboy*
July 10th, 2013, 08:56 AM
When I had my 2 daughters I was a really bad eater, never had breakfast, always snacking on crisps, biscuits, sweets, chocolate. Only proper meal I had was dinner and 9 times out of ten that was junk, and hardly any fruit/veg if any at all :/ and coke all day long. Trying to do the total opposite now.

adolinalexi
August 12th, 2013, 11:04 PM
HI ! when I conceived my 2 girlies .. I didn't like to snack ,I was eating K special cereal with 2% milk most of the day for breakfast , for diner salads or cheese sandwich ..

adolinalexi
August 12th, 2013, 11:05 PM
and lots of sweet and using canola oil for cooking

Poki
October 13th, 2013, 05:41 PM
I conceived both of my girls within a month of losing 20-30 lbs, I was drinking crystal light and diet coke, eating less than 1200 cals per day, very small portions, breakfast was usually 1/2 cup Special K cereal with 1/4 cup skim
Milk, lots of "diet" snacks, fat free, lean meats, and salads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

lovemy2blessings
October 13th, 2013, 06:16 PM
This thread is filled awesome information! Thanks ladies;)

Boysway
January 13th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Okay, I have to really think back. I was under my minimum weight by 8 kgs for DD#1, 5 kgs under for DD's#2-3. DD#4 I was barely on my minimum weight. I never ate breakfast, skipped most lunches with DD's 1-3. When I did have lunch, Mon-Friday while working, if I ate breakfast it was a bacon and egg Mc muffin, hash brown and juice followed by Gloria Jeans coffee. I would have a kebab and a V for lunch and usually chocolate and a coffee for my 15 min break. We ate mince or sausages most nights with veges and very little fruit. Lots of pre-made sauces for meals. I never had salt on anything (I didn't grow up with salt added to any meal). I enjoyed eating cheese and drinking milk. I was a very fussy, small eater. Looking back, I don't know how I had any energy at all. That's all I can think of for the moment. Sending out as much baby girl dust to all those wishing to conceive a girl :D

Fiorefleur
March 18th, 2014, 07:53 PM
I ate very healthy, mostly a vegan menu both times, had lost some weight. With dd2 we dtd/bd every day the few days before O, during O, and the few days after. Missionary position. Prenatal supplements the month before. Nothing fancy.

stephk
May 2nd, 2014, 03:53 AM
Thanks ladies, I just came across this and it is so interesting! Is there an equivalent one where boy mums can return the favour?

marriedmomof2
May 2nd, 2014, 11:08 AM
I loved reading this thanks!

stephk
May 2nd, 2014, 11:37 AM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-boy/1890-how-we-got-our-boys.html
Here is where boy moms can tell what they were doing.

ah yes, I did this one already, I wasnt sure if there was a separate food thread, clearly us boy mums are the obsessive ones lol

kaseybaby
May 3rd, 2014, 01:07 AM
I was drinking a lot of herbal teas that actually enhanced fertility (I had been trying for over 2 years to get pregnant and was no longer swaying) I wasn't eating meat, drinking alcohol, taking in caffeine, I worked out 4 or more days a week, I was down to my lowest weight since college. I was also taking a lot of supplements. I was eating almost all soups (per a chinese fertility diet) and i did not consume much meat beyond, lamb, chicken and turkey.

atomic sagebrush
January 4th, 2015, 01:35 PM
Well, none of these things are magic bullets, and all we can do is look at what works for most of the people, most of the time.

Mama2many
January 20th, 2016, 03:09 AM
DD #1- whole milk, yogurt, bagels with cream cheese, noodles, black beans with white rice, peas, rice cereal, and vegetarian...

DD #2- skipping meals, yo-yo dieting, no milk, low dairy, no meat, peppermint tea, diet soda, vodka, veggie stir fry (peppers, mushrooms, zucchini and soy sauce), rice noodle soup with soy sauce, candy, a lot of fast food or frozen foods.

atomic sagebrush
January 21st, 2016, 07:33 PM
:agree: you've always been one of the most dedicated girl dieters around. :)

Mama2many
January 21st, 2016, 07:53 PM
:rofl:

Throwaway_panther
January 23rd, 2016, 12:07 PM
With this (my first, girl):

Breakfast: None. Coffee (either black or with almond milk) a few hours after waking.

Lunch: Usually none.

Dinner: One "big" meal usually only 800-1500 calories total. No red meat, ever. Borderline vegetarian (only meats were usually chicken, maybe eggs, pork, fish of all kinds except tilapia, shellfish). Generally veggie heavy, rice heavy, craft beer/red wine/alcohol heavy. Semi-coffee heavy. Any milk I had was soy or almond. Rarely any snacks. Preference for ice cream for dessert. Diet Pepsi lover.

Would often go a full 20-24 hours between the 1-2 meals.

Lifted heavy weights 4x a week, but did more hours of intense cardio (team sports, biking, hiking, backpacking).

Was taking a prenatal and a prenatal DHA. Also on thyroid medication without thyroid -- not sure if that means anything.

onebigwish
February 9th, 2018, 03:41 PM
Hi i have a question to girl moms, how were your blood glucose levels? Yesterday i had a blood test dine and after fasting 19 hours mine was 82 ml/dl. My doctor says it was ok. I wanna know if it sways girl?

atomic sagebrush
February 11th, 2018, 01:32 PM
You can't tell anything from testing your blood sugar levels. I DO NOT WANT anyone testing their blood sugar levels. It is likely not your blood sugar levels as measured on a test that matter, it's the process by which your body burns off stores of fat to fuel your body. We call this "low blood sugar" but only because it's the easiest, shortest way to describe it. What we really are saying is "when your blood sugar drops, your body doesn't like that, and then burns off stores of fat to raise your blood sugar back up again to normal range, and something about this sways pink." But this is not something you can measure on a blood glucose test, becuase your body does not "like" low blood sugar and will quickly take steps to raise it. Yet it's still "low blood sugar" that sways pink because your body has to burn those stores to raise it, if that makes sense.

NO MEASURING BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS. Period, end of story. It is simply another thing to stress and obsess over, it tell you nothing of relevance, and we don't even know what the "correct" baseline number (if any) would be anyway.