PDA

View Full Version : Do these hormonal supplements make you put on weight???

wantason
March 15th, 2011, 12:29 PM
I took EPO for 2 months from AF- O and did this diet and i gained 6 kgs ... Can these hormonal supplements make me put on lots of weight. I had left gymming for getting pregnant.. I started spotting also during ovulation after taking EPO. This month I didnt take EPO so I didnt spot also ... Now I dont want to use EPO as its messing with my body. But I want to raise my testosterone . I have started strength training , I also want to take the supplements for testosterone but I am scared of them messing with my body.. Please advice which supplements are the safest in all respects....

atomic sagebrush
March 15th, 2011, 01:24 PM
I think the boy diet itself does make you gain weight. That's not a bad thing. If you are lifting weights, that weight will be in the form of muscle (you don't want to gain many pounds of fat although a few pounds of fat will also help you sway blue).

If you don't like the EPO, you don't have to take it. It's fine not to. I don't think it sways that much anyway. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to take it!!

The best and safest way to raise your testosterone is to eat a healthy diet with plenty of calories and gain a few pounds of muscle from lifting weights. The supplements are all second to that.

Gelatin water is a very safe way to raise testosterone http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1515-Boy-friendly-beverages&highlight=gelatin+water and even just getting a lot of sunshine can help!!

wantason
March 15th, 2011, 01:31 PM
But I read on IG vit D sways girl ... Does it??

atomic sagebrush
March 15th, 2011, 02:25 PM
That is something that I disagree with. I do not believe that Vit. D sways pink and in fact I think it sways blue.

Vit. D raises testosterone and this is widely agreed upon.

http://www.ergo-log.com/vitamindtestosterone.html Here is one link of many, I think it explains it very well.

3Pink1Blue
March 15th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I found out I had a sever vit D deficiency after DD#3 and have been taking a maintenance dose of 5000iu per day to keep me in healthy ranges so by my experience low Vit D sways girl lol

Vit D aids in calcium absorption, this is why IG says it sway girl. When I posted my planned attempt I was advised to cut the Vit D for that reason.

wantason
March 15th, 2011, 03:57 PM
I have read somewhere that vit D raises testosterone in men only .. in women it strengthens the uterus lining .. please guide.. I am deficient in Vit D and getting shots for that...

TTC5
March 15th, 2011, 09:58 PM
I have gained too, have not weighed but can feel and see it...

LolaInLove
March 16th, 2011, 09:25 AM
I think there were a LOT of failed sways on IG....just my opinion, and I think that one of the biggest reasons is this whole calcium/Vit D thing and the differences in the IG diet and the TW diet. All of the pink swayers were eating lots of dairy and getting a lot of nutrients from that, and the full fat dairy ups your fertility, which sways blue. I just find the TW hypothesis and diet to make way more sense.

And I have gained a good 15 lbs since I started diet and swaying in August last year. I also have bad skin now from higher testosterone, but you know what....IT'S ALL GOOD if I have a son someday!

atomic sagebrush
March 16th, 2011, 10:19 AM
I have read somewhere that vit D raises testosterone in men only .. in women it strengthens the uterus lining .. please guide.. I am deficient in Vit D and getting shots for that...

Vit. D is a precursor to testosterone and it raises testosterone no matter who takes it.

If you are deficient in Vit. D, PLEASE continue taking your Vit. D shots. I think it will really help you conceive a son.

3Pink1Blue
March 16th, 2011, 11:39 PM
I have gained a good 15 lbs since I started diet and swaying in August last year. I also have bad skin now from higher testosterone, but you know what....IT'S ALL GOOD if I have a son someday!

This is exactly how I feel, zits and extra flab are a temporary bummer I'm happy to trade for a son, or just the peace of mind knowing I did my best to get one.

TTC5
March 17th, 2011, 01:10 AM
so far my skin seems to be doing the opposite and clearing right up - although I never had bad skin to start with but it seems to be more supple now!?

LolaInLove
March 17th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Probably more vitamins and nutrients you are eating, plus the oil supps and whatnot, TTC5. Lucky you!!!!

3Pink1Blue
March 17th, 2011, 01:34 PM
So lucky TTC5!