PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who swayed pink - what are your nails like?

jennaesue
November 14th, 2012, 01:11 PM
While I was on the LE diet my fingernails got really bad - very brittle and broke easily. I considered that a good sign that I had successfully reduced my nutrient levels. But now I am pregnant and have been off the diet and on prenatal vitamins for almost 3 weeks, but my nails are still in horrible shape! I usually have pretty nice, long nails, but I have to keep them short or else they break, and they have all kinds of lines and ridges in them. I thought they'd be better by now. Does anyone else have a similar problem? How long do you think it'll take until I have my old nails back?

Mrs_P
November 14th, 2012, 03:22 PM
no idea hunny my nails have been fine and i was on diet for months - my hair suffered though particularly during pregnancy, only just stopped going dirty really quickly and loads of it comes out when i wash my hair

fish2012
November 14th, 2012, 03:56 PM
mine are horrible can't do anything about it thou ;-0

vitamin e supposed to be good either orally or massage capsuels into the cuticle xx

3boys
November 15th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Mine are improved from the LE diet but still quite thin and split easily. My most problematic complaint this pregnancy is my horrific skin outbreak which has never happened before!

dreamingpink77
November 16th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Well Jennaesue, I hope your nails get better soon, I'm in the same situation here. Before I started LE diet I was on IG diet and I was taking calcium supps and my nails got really strong and nice. Then I started LE diet and they started to deteriorate, they're all brittled and break very easily. They aren't growing cause everytime they grow a bit, they break up. They're really ugly and I really love long neat nails.

jennaesue
November 20th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Mine are still terrible! I am keeping them trimmed short but they still break every time I try to open a container or anything. It's a bummer! I have been trying to eat a lot of protein and calcium, and I'm taking vitamins, but it is taking a long time for them to get back in shape.