PDA

View Full Version : ttc after a chemical????

tropicgal
March 17th, 2011, 01:52 AM
Hi ladies,

This is my first cycle after having a chemical pg... I got a bfp one day but af arrived (and with a vengence....crazy witch) the next. Dh and I are taking a "chin up" approach so we are back to ttc, but I think I read somewhere that for blue sways you should wait a cycle after a mc but is this the same following a chem pg?

Tulips
March 17th, 2011, 02:03 AM
My sister conceived her DS the cycle after a chemical, it was her third boy though so I'm sure there were other factors.
I am pregnant the cycle after an early m/c about 5 1/2 weeks but trying for girl.
Good luck with your deciscion

ELP
March 17th, 2011, 05:57 AM
I think the cycle after a chemical does sway pink due to the higher progesterone still in your system, but nothing is 100%! If you can wait a cycle then you know you've taken that element out of your sway at least, gl.

LolaInLove
March 17th, 2011, 09:05 AM
I chose to take a month off after my chemical, but I was super duper early like you, so in all honesty, it probably wouldn't make that much of a difference, like Tulips said, lots of boys are also conceived after chemicals.....BUT ELP is right, it does slightly sway girl, so it's really up to you if you want to wait or not.

atomic sagebrush
March 17th, 2011, 11:29 AM
I've heard that chemicals sway pink, but my friend who TTC after a chemical also conceived a boy.

You know, I wonder about this. There were A LOT of chemical pregnancies among pink swayers, so it makes me wonder if the reason why people thought they swayed pink is because they were doing so many other things to sway pink?? I have no evidence of that, just a thought.

It is true that your progesterone is elevated after a miscarriage http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/417078/does_fertility_increase_after_miscarriage.html?cat =52

tropicgal
March 20th, 2011, 03:10 AM
Thanks ladies, turns out dh will be away on a business trip around O, so the decision is out of my hands! Looking fwd to trying next month tho!

ELP
March 20th, 2011, 04:16 AM
That gives you more time to get things just perfect tropic, perfect:)

ELP
March 20th, 2011, 04:18 AM
On a slightly different note, does the progesterone drop with time? Only it's been 4 1/2 weeks since my 1st spotting, would that be long enough for levels to go back to normal? i am just wondering if I'm going to be able to let the 1st ov pass by after all this waiting. I should let it go really and concentrate more on getting me and DH in the right condition but I know I'm impatient for babies:oops:

atomic sagebrush
March 20th, 2011, 12:49 PM
I would give it a cycle if you wanted to be on the safe side BUT I personally would go for it! If you really ARE more fertile, it seems to me that pretty much everything that increases fertility seems to sway blue...