PDA

View Full Version : When to start testing?

Chunky Monkey
March 17th, 2011, 02:29 AM
I am on cycle day 30. I have cycles that average 31 days, but they range from 29-35 days. I got a + OPK last Mon, Tues and Wed. I had cramping today that was immediately followed by some brownish tinged CM. I don't know if it could be implantation spotting since it wasn't bright red. When should I start testing??!! Part of me wants to tomorrow, on St. Patrick's Day :):pray::luck:

TTC5
March 17th, 2011, 02:53 AM
Well because i am addicted to anything that requires a poas, LOL I say TOMORROW! LOL

Chunky Monkey
March 17th, 2011, 11:00 AM
I tested this morning and I either have the lightest, slightest, BFP or my eyes are being tricky! I know it was so early, but I had to :) I think I am 9 DPO today. Would that even be possible, if it was implantation that I noticed yesterday? Either way, I will test with a CB digital tomorrow morning. If it was a line today, hopefully there will be enough hormones to register on the digital tomorrow.

PRAYING for PINK and HEALTHY!!!!!

atomic sagebrush
March 24th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Any news?????

Chunky Monkey
March 24th, 2011, 11:50 PM
BFN :( But we may have completely missed O and DTD too late. Looking back, I had a + OPK on a Tuesday and the following Monday I got a + OPK again. We DTD once and it was the Sunday before my Monday + OPK. (sorry to be confusing!)

I think I may have possibly O'd when the first + OPK showed up. The reason I think this is because I got AF at what I thought was 11 DPO. It should be right at 14, right? I have no idea though. I am going to use OPK's this month along with checking my CM. It was difficult to check it last month since I didn't have much.

I guess the plan now is to take this month off and try to pinpoint O. We will be TTC again in May and just trying to keep it simple. I cannot do all of the factors but will be trying to cut back on sodium, protein, caffiene and starches. I am starting to drink a lot of cranberry juice, add more calcium to my diet, along with using a 3 day cut-off and shallow penetration. I am on the fence about JND, but will use the RepHresh again 3 days before O, 1 day before O and maybe right after. If I could be sure I pinpointed O, I would be more willing to try O+12, but I just don't know.

Thanks for the support!

atomic sagebrush
April 3rd, 2011, 03:19 PM
You may be having a short luteal phase too.

That was a very confusing cycle and I think you're doing the right thing by keeping an eye on the other signs in addition to the OPK. The more info you have, the better. You don't have to take this month off unless you want to, some months are just screwy and then the next month O may be glaringly obvious. Good luck!!