PDA

View Full Version : Gender scan tomorrow...

Mrssmudger
November 15th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Hey Ladies, I've been so impatient about finding out what sex our bubba is I have brought my gender date forward to tomorrow. Now that its here and I dont have much longer to wait, I am so so scared. I dont think I want to know if I'm having another boy, I only really want to know if I'm having a girl. If its a boy I'd rather wait until the birth to find out and deal with it then. I dont want to spend the next few months of hearing peoples pity about it being the 4th boy...HELP, what do I do??? Feeling on the verge of tears realising that I may only have another 24hrs of hope!! :think:

hotdogz&boyz
November 15th, 2012, 09:03 AM
I am sorry you are so torn. I am kinda the same. Can you get the scan and just keep the results between you and your SO? I am debating if we want to do that...be "team green" to the outside world and tell them we don't know. But secretly we will know.

My scan is probably going to be on December 7th and I am dreading it. I just "know" mine will be a boy. Everything points to girl, except my gut...which screams boy. I want to be excited and the gender thing is starting to kill me. But I have a few weeks to wait (I am due later in May). It's such a hard thing. I wish we could just be excited no matter what. I know that is what lots of GD folks say, but it's true. This would be so easy if we didn't care.

Mrssmudger
November 15th, 2012, 09:29 AM
We havent told anyone were having the scan done so we could remain 'Team Green' if it is a boy. Although I'm not sure how I'd feel people telling i'm definately having a girl if I'm having a boy - and know it!!
Also aside from that, I'm not sure how I'm going to feel if we hear boy?? I thought my GD had gone and I'd be happy with a healthy baby, but as the weeks go on, the more I can feel its ugly head rearing!! Grrr!! I ruined my last pregnancy with GD and really want to enjoy it this time around, maybe I'm making a mistake going at all - but nothing people say will stop me from going. Why am I doing this to myself?
So totally confused and scared?! Feeling really teary and going over all my symptoms and scan pics to get some clues - but I know theres still a 50/50 chance! I'm the opposite to you where (although I dont want to admit it) my gut is telling me this is my girl. I had a psycic tell me when I was preg with DS that I was having a boy but my next one will DEFINATELY be a girl. And then i had my palm read in the summer and she told me that I had a female spirit with me and she had chosen me to look after her?? I know its prob a loads of cr*p but I still find myself pinning my hopes on it. Also this preg has been so different to before with lots of sickness and headaches but again I know for most people - every pregnancy is different! But what if I'm wrong, I'm making the crash & fall alot worse for myself!! :(

Claire33
November 15th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Good luck is all I can say!

mummypink
November 15th, 2012, 11:49 AM
I totally relate, my 19 week scan is on Monday and I am terrified! Partly because it is my first scan so I am just hoping and praying everything is ok with the baby, and also because I am terrified of how I will feel if I hear the words 'its a boy'.

I am dreading it but I also know I need to get it out of the way as I can't spend the rest of my pregnancy obsessing over the gender of the baby, it is seriously driving me insane. If it is another boy I can deal with my sadness for never having a daughter and get on to looking forward to his arrival. If it is a girl - well I will probably still drive myself crazy not believing it lol!!

I am not looking forward to peoples comments either way to be honest, it will either be 'oh thank goodness it is a girl' or 'another boy?!'.

Best of luck, hope we both get our little girls. xxx

coocoobananas
November 15th, 2012, 04:26 PM
I was like this at around 24 weeks. I was going to be team green but my huaband really thought I was fooling myself that I would be cool about hearing boy at birth... However, I think I wish I waited. Gd hit reallllll hard this time and I have good days of appreciation but most are filled with anger, resentment, guilt and the constant question 'why not me?' I haven't been able to keep it secret and if anyone asks I blurt it out almost to make myself more confident about the idea. It has ruined my pregnancy though, I just want it to end:( I wish I could turn my feelings around and I have somewhat but I think about it a lot! And of course people try to make me feel better and remind me I should be grateful... Like I don't already have enough guilt regarding that!! Anyway, I was obsessing over the gender before, was convinced I was going to get a pleasant suprise, but I was wrong. It's hard to know how you wil feel after you find out... But I think the obsessing was better... Although I didn't think that at the time. Getting the opposite of what you want to hear is pretty heartbreaking too though... Probably didn't help much:/

sbmommy
November 15th, 2012, 07:30 PM
** Sending you ALL of my pink dust!!! ** Good luck!

We chose to find out with this one, and I was heartbroken to find out my sway didn't work AGAIN, and yes, I really feel like GD has ruined this pregnancy... but when I think about it, if I could go back to the day of my anatomy scan I would still find out the gender. It is devastating, but having an extra 21 weeks of anxiety and hope and searching for clues that I may have been carrying the baby boy I want so desperately... well, that wouldn't have been worth it. It was never a boy, and knowing that at 19 weeks is still better for me personally than finding out at 40 weeks.

Mrssmudger
November 16th, 2012, 02:32 AM
Thank you all so much for your understanding and kind words! I haven't slept a wink and am sitting here holding back the tears. I will update you all later x please keep your fx for me! X

wilma_five
November 16th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Don't worrie! There is always a big chance it's a girl!!
GL on your scan today!

lisvna
November 16th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Any updates??? Sitting on the edge of my chair!

Sugaree
November 16th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Good luck!

Mrssmudger
November 16th, 2012, 02:27 PM
It's a boy. Don't know what else to say. I'm gutted, it makes me almost gag having to say boy. Welcome back GD

auroara78
November 16th, 2012, 02:53 PM
ah hunny :hugs:

hotdogz&boyz
November 16th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Oh no :( I am so sorry you heard boy. I was soooo hoping I would pop on and find you heard pink. I am sending virtual hugs and lots of good thoughts for VERY quick-passing GD. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Do you regret finding out? Or do you think it's better to handle it now? I hope either way, you find peace with your boy.

mummypink
November 16th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Hope you're ok xxx

BellaVita
November 16th, 2012, 05:22 PM
I'm sorry you didn't hear pink, but congrats on the beautiful baby boy! I hope you start to feel better soon. :(

Tiffani3
November 16th, 2012, 05:42 PM
I'm so sorry you didn't hear pink. Let all that gd out hun big hugs to you.
Congratulations on your healthy little boy xx

mydream
November 16th, 2012, 05:56 PM
oh hun I am sorry you didn't hear girl ....sending you hugs! Your little boy will be so loved by you and your family. He is meant to be!

spinningmadly
November 16th, 2012, 06:19 PM
I'm sorry sweetie :(

Myloves
November 16th, 2012, 08:59 PM
He will be your sweetest boy xx
I'm so sorry you didn't hear girl. Big big :hugs:

Mrssmudger
November 17th, 2012, 03:13 AM
Um not sure yet, I wish I hadn't found out because then I could still dream of having a girl, but better to burst my bubble now then in 6 months time.
I've lost all enthusiasm for being pregnant and don't really want to think about it right now.
My DH has promised we'll try High tech next time which gives me at least a little hope. And at worst, in 30 years time I'll have loads of strapping lads looking out for little old me!
I'll have to get my head around having another boy, im sure once he's here I wouldn't change him for the world.
Thank you all for your support x

lisvna
November 17th, 2012, 08:13 AM
I know exactly how you feel hun. But try to enjoy this pregnancy (time will fly then) because it will your last pregnancy with a boy and your next one will be with a girl if you go high tech! That's what I'm telling myself and it really helps a lot (I'm having a boy after going HT but I transferred 2 boys and 2 girls unfortunate only one boy stick).

rachel
November 17th, 2012, 11:54 AM
i know how you must feel but when hes born you will love him to bits i remember going to 4 doctors to make sure it was actually a boy feel bad now i think of it cos he really is a blessing ........

SassyMamma
November 27th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Oh I am so sorry :( I know what you are feeling right now, and it makes me so sad for you. GD sucks.