PDA

View Full Version : No egg yet, cut off panic!! NEED INPUT!

3Pink1Blue
March 17th, 2011, 06:34 PM
So every month that I've opk'd I've gotten a + early on cd 13 or 14. Today is cd 14 and still no +opk! DH is on day 5 of his cut off and, as I understand, sperm count drops at 6 days.

Here's my dilemma, do we dtd tonight and risk missing the egg if I O tomorrow? Do we dtd tonight and tomorrow and risk the "frequent bd yields girls"? Do we dtd tonight and then wait 48 hrs to do it again? This is how we got our girls so even though I know timing isn't a guarantee it still freaks me out. Help!!

TTC5
March 17th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Oh gosh! I am not sure hey....
Let me think about this if I were in your shoes!

LolaInLove
March 18th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Jen, this is what I would do, but hopefully there will be some other advice for you (ie Atomic!): I would dtd tonight. And then tomorrow night or maybe skip a day and dtd again, depending on when you get the +opk. This is my opinion about timing: I don't think it matters. I have had many months where I was in the same boat as you right now and freaking out about what to do....I scoured FF charts and read every "when we dtd for our boy/girl" post on every site, and it really seems to me that it's not as much about when or how much you dtd, but about what's going on inside your body that makes the big difference. I know it is supposed to make your sway "better" to dtd on O day only with a 4 day cutoff, but that is old IG thinking there. In fact, MOST of the "pg with boy" charts on FF show bd at least 2 days in a row and 1 of them is on O day, so I'd definitely recommend dtd on your O day, but I think if you dtd on the day before and even the day before that, it won't hurt your chances. I know you are pretty fertile, though, so perhaps you want to go with more of a traditional sway, so in that case, I'd go ahead and dtd tonight, and then if you get your +opk tomorrow, then dtd the day after that, so you have every other day but dh's swimmers aren't old. And just to make you feel better, I've recently read that it's better for men to release every day if they have healthy sperm (that was on the justmommies.com website under the sperm category).

That is my 2 cents, but hopefully some other advice will pop up here that helps you make your decision!

3Pink1Blue
March 18th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Thanks Lola, we did decide to dtd last night. We agreed the most important factors were rock solid, diet, sups and hormones. pH was good at last night but low this morning so I did another bsf. The only thing really against us is the moon phase lol We are now waiting for the +opk to dtd again.

LolaInLove
March 18th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Well, if it makes you feel any better, the moon and ancient Chinese royals and my and DHs biorythms and pretty much the universe point to us having a girl if I'm pg right now, LOL....but I'm just resting assured that the stuff that I REALLY believe makes a difference (hormones, diet, supps, ewcm) was boy-friendly, so we gave it the best shot possible. Everything I listed about would point to me having a boy both times before, and I had girls! Honestly, even if you bd every day, I think you have just as much of a chance to conceive a boy if you did a one time shot. I think you've got a good plan.

This is what we did this month: my opk turned + and we dtd that night, and then dtd the next night, too, which was supposedly O day. In reality, I think my egg dropped sometime in the middle of the night between the two, but we used preseed, did bsf and mucinex beforehand, did doggy with female O first, laid with hips propped for an hour. So, really, the timing factor for me was pretty spot on, but I wanted to dtd 24 hours apart in hopes that I catch my egg. For some reason, I have this feeling that DH's sperm are weird....I can't figure out why we've only conceived one time in 7 months of trying, so I am more concerned about having more sperm in there in case his die super fast or something. Anyway, that is my best shot, and I am more worried about getting pg overall since I'm 35. All that being said, feel confident that you are giving it a good shot, doing all the stuff you can manage doing, then you've done a good sway, I say!!!

atomic sagebrush
March 18th, 2011, 01:49 PM
So every month that I've opk'd I've gotten a + early on cd 13 or 14. Today is cd 14 and still no +opk! DH is on day 5 of his cut off and, as I understand, sperm count drops at 6 days.

Here's my dilemma, do we dtd tonight and risk missing the egg if I O tomorrow? Do we dtd tonight and tomorrow and risk the "frequent bd yields girls"? Do we dtd tonight and then wait 48 hrs to do it again? This is how we got our girls so even though I know timing isn't a guarantee it still freaks me out. Help!!

ARGH I'm sorry I just now spotted this!

I would DTD tonight and tomorrow and even the next day if you don't get a +OPK. For frequent BD to sway pink, you have to DTD every day for a week or ten days to make the sperm count drop enough to matter. I would be WAY more worried about the effects of 5 + days of abstinence on his sperm count then I would be about DTD two days in a row. If he can get some extra sleep, that may help.

Do you think supps could have postponed your O or are you having other symptoms that make you think O is here?? Keep taking OPK!

3Pink1Blue
March 18th, 2011, 02:13 PM
No worries AS, dh and I talked it over and over last night and came to a similar conclusion, old sperm bad and frequent bd had to be better. I didn't realize it had to be everyday for that long for it to sway pink, very happy about that.

I stopped taking l-arginine a couple months ago and it can lengthen your lp. I'm pretty sure today is the day as my ewcm is completely out of control and has been for a couple days now, sorry if that was tmi but I'm super excited about it. I've never had lost of cm, always needed lube. Hoping that alone will increase the blue factor a little.

atomic sagebrush
March 18th, 2011, 02:16 PM
It will!!! Totally!!! That EWCM is good stuff!

KFX...heck I'll cross everything, even my eyes!!

3Pink1Blue
March 18th, 2011, 02:23 PM
thanks, really optimistic this month :happy:

babydes56
March 20th, 2011, 04:50 AM
GL, i agree with all the above & would have done the same. Have you had a +opk yet?

TTC5
March 20th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Good Luck and can't wait to hear a bfp!!!