PDA

View Full Version : IG Diet or Another...

TTC5
March 18th, 2011, 01:24 AM
Poll coming!
Please vote and tell me more info..

TTC5
March 18th, 2011, 01:27 AM
Seeing so many former IG members who seem to be disagreeing with the whole avoid calcium thing (does not really apply to me as I do not eat dairy anyway) and qurious to see who is doing what and why?
Please share!
Oh, and does your DH follow a diet or does he just take supps and juices?

TTC5
March 18th, 2011, 01:28 AM
I am following IG have been for a month, although I do have almond milk which does contain a little calcium. I don't eat cheese or yoghurt as I can not have dairy and do not like soy yoghurt lol

Another princess
March 18th, 2011, 05:07 AM
I am following IG have been for a month, although I do have almond milk which does contain a little calcium. I don't eat cheese or yoghurt as I can not have dairy and do not like soy yoghurt lol
Really ttc5!! You are unable to have dairy but you have 4 daughters??

LolaInLove
March 18th, 2011, 09:15 AM
I followed the IG diet for the first 4 months of ttc, then added calcium and some other foods back in (and immediately got a bfp, which ended in m/c though), and now am on the, well, TW or Gender Dreaming diet, so to speak! I think there is a lot more to us getting girls than just calcium....seems that the common thread is that we were all eating very little and exercising a lot, in famine mode as far as our bodies were concerned.

lightofmylife
March 18th, 2011, 10:38 AM
i cant ve yogurt, cheese , milky product like shakes, puddings etc , u can say sum what allergic of dairy products due to stomach problem, all i had cereal in milk thats also i eat just cereal from bowl and threw rest of milk, salt , banana, meat and lays chips with salsa in tons , but had 2 girls................now all i can say may b i dont eat 3 full meal in a day and dont do exercise, this may b a reason ,..

Coccinelle33
March 18th, 2011, 11:12 AM
i can only say that dh and i are NOT big on dairy and we have almost all boys. that said i did sway pink 3 times and had 2 boys while eating lots of dairy ttc a girl. i don't think it's a make or break factor but if i were swaying blue i would stay away from it as much as i could. i do think cereal is great for blue swayers though and 2% milk is best.

atomic sagebrush
March 18th, 2011, 02:12 PM

75% of all people all around the world are lactose intolerant (even higher numbers in Asia, Africa, and Latin America) and completely unable to have dairy at all. Yet boys and girls are born in very close to 50-50 ratio worldwide. Weirdly, some of the countries who eat/drink the most dairy productus actually have MORE boys than countries where most everyone is lactose intolerant.

atomic sagebrush
March 18th, 2011, 02:13 PM
i cant ve yogurt, cheese , milky product like shakes, puddings etc , u can say sum what allergic of dairy products due to stomach problem, all i had cereal in milk thats also i eat just cereal from bowl and threw rest of milk, salt , banana, meat and lays chips with salsa in tons , but had 2 girls................now all i can say may b i dont eat 3 full meal in a day and dont do exercise, this may b a reason ,..

I do think that not eating 3 meals a day does have a lot to do with conceiving girls! Eat up!!

lightofmylife
March 18th, 2011, 03:06 PM
then im really confused :( ,, what kind of sway shud i do ?? shud i sway pink to get blue ?
this confusion stops me to TTC. i really cant understand what i shud avoid now which gave me girls :(

Coccinelle33
March 18th, 2011, 03:22 PM
I do think that not eating 3 meals a day does have a lot to do with conceiving girls! Eat up!!

i agree with this. this has been my hard thing to do while swaying pink. i normally eat 3 meals a day along with something small at night and a snack in the day sometime.

LolaInLove
March 18th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Light, take some time and read all of the posts under the TTC a Boy thread, there is a ton of info in there. There are really a ton of beliefs about diets for swaying, and the IG diet is a bit different than the diet that is supported on this site, which is based on the Trivers-Willard Hypothesis. Again, there are posts all about this, so I suggest you read through them because I can't begin to explain it as well, and it would take me too long, but this is the basic gist of it for the TW: eat a high calorie, high fat, high nutrient, high sodium diet. Don't skip meals. Try to eat at least 9 servings of fruits and veggies a day, and try to vary your intake to provide the widest array of nutrients. Eat protein and a carbohydrate at every meal.

Not sure if I'm missing anything.....how'd I do, Atomic?:bigsmile: It's really not confusing at all, and I think that the more you understand WHY things sway, you will feel more comfortable with it and also with making food and lifestyle choices to aid in your sway. You'll be fine, we're here to support you!

LolaInLove
March 18th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Oh, and the dairy or no dairy thing is really up in the air....like Atomic said above, zillions of boys are still produced on no-dairy and lots of dairy diets. Personally, I think dairy is a good thing for ttc blue, and I drink whole milk and whatnot. If you can't tolerate dairy, then you can just take Vit D supplements (which raise testosterone) and maybe think about how you feel about taking a calcium supp. Thing is, I'm trying to do the OPPOSITE of what I did when I had my girls in hopes of a boy. Maybe thinking of it that way will help. I don't think you need to add dairy, but you should beef up your diet big time and eat a lot and more stuff.

lightofmylife
March 18th, 2011, 07:48 PM
thank you very much LolaInLove...........i really appreciate it :) every time i lose hope and think to give up some nice ladies like u give me hope , i ll surely act upon what u suggested :)

skrimpy
March 18th, 2011, 07:55 PM
I will just say that I have not avoided dairy at all - I did the IG diet to sway for my 2yo son, but I did NOT cut out dairy, at least not milk - and I also still had cheese in some recipes.

The reason I chose this is b/c I follow the Brewer diet during pregnancy, which emphasizes high protein for a healthy baby - and 4 cups (8oz cups) of milk are part of the basic diet. To me, being healthy and getting the fat/protein I needed to conceive a healthy baby was more important than leaving out the milk to sway...

Also, I have 3 sons and I conceived my first two having my 4 cups of milk daily (I am one of those unusual ladies that wished for a one gender family... all blue... but love my pinks to pieces), so I felt it would not stop our sway for blue.

With our sway I did follow the salt/potassium/drinks/supps and most of the rest of the diet.

One other difference is I had Cod Liver Oil, which the IG diets discourage. But I think it helped my cycles a lot so I kept it up.

TTC5
March 18th, 2011, 08:10 PM

Hey there! Sounds funny hey but i have only just found out after years of testing since having DD4!!!!!
So when having the girls, yep I had lots of dairy products!

atomic sagebrush
March 20th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Light, take some time and read all of the posts under the TTC a Boy thread, there is a ton of info in there. There are really a ton of beliefs about diets for swaying, and the IG diet is a bit different than the diet that is supported on this site, which is based on the Trivers-Willard Hypothesis. Again, there are posts all about this, so I suggest you read through them because I can't begin to explain it as well, and it would take me too long, but this is the basic gist of it for the TW: eat a high calorie, high fat, high nutrient, high sodium diet. Don't skip meals. Try to eat at least 9 servings of fruits and veggies a day, and try to vary your intake to provide the widest array of nutrients. Eat protein and a carbohydrate at every meal.

Not sure if I'm missing anything.....how'd I do, Atomic?:bigsmile: It's really not confusing at all, and I think that the more you understand WHY things sway, you will feel more comfortable with it and also with making food and lifestyle choices to aid in your sway. You'll be fine, we're here to support you!

NO, I think that's just about perfect!! Thanks!!!

atomic sagebrush
March 20th, 2011, 11:24 AM
then im really confused :( ,, what kind of sway shud i do ?? shud i sway pink to get blue ?
this confusion stops me to TTC. i really cant understand what i shud avoid now which gave me girls :(

I know it's confusing because it is not completely like the diets that are on other sites but I think it will give us better results.

Your diet is already somewhat boy friendly, but you need to eat more protein, more nutrients, more salt, more calories, more healthy fats, keep your blood sugar very nice and stable by eating protein and carbs at every meal and snack, and try and gain a bit of weight in the form of muscle!

You don't need avoid anything that gave you girls or didn't give you girls. NO food causes more of one gender to be born than another. That's just not true. What you need to do is make your body think that you have access to as much good food as possible. Boys need more nutrients than girls do, so if your body thinks that you have a lot of good food, you are more likely to conceive a boy.

If your diet "tells" your body that you don't have as much good food available, then you are more likely to conceive a girl. So skipping meals makes you more likely to have girls, even if you eat only boy-friendly foods, because your body thinks you do not have enough food.

Please don't worry, I know it's hard to understand at first but just keep asking questions until you understand everything! Just let me know the parts that don't make sense and I will explain them and explain them until you do! Good luck, and I hope you WILL get your son someday!

lightofmylife
March 20th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Please don't worry, I know it's hard to understand at first but just keep asking questions until you understand everything! Just let me know the parts that don't make sense and I will explain them and explain them until you do! Good luck, and I hope you WILL get your son someday!
thanks atomic , so nice of uu , i surely wud ask where i wud b confused :)

TTC5
March 20th, 2011, 07:09 PM
That was GREAT advice there Atomic!! xx

Zivic-Bubac
March 22nd, 2011, 03:00 PM
I allowed some dairy ( cheese on pizza and 1-2 dl of yogurt every other day because it's great source of Potassium)
Dutch study kept me away from more dairy.
The thing with dairy is that I was practically living on it when I conceived my girls (+ girly lifestile - skipping breakfast, CM pH 4 etc) So now I'm trying to do the opposite, I'm praying it will do the trick.

DH is NOT swaying, he only agreed to take supps which I have to give him with glass of water:sigh:

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2011, 01:11 PM
That makes sense to me! Good luck!!!