PDA

View Full Version : blood sugar? craving sweets at night?

mkarntz1980
March 18th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Atomic,

For blood sugar, do you just mean skipping breakfast? Or waiting longer to eat between meals?? please explain. One thing I have noticed is I wake up EVERY night around 2am and I HAVE To have something sweet to eat. Im not sure if its cause I usually eat some rice or something before I go to bed. What exactly should be done as far as TTC and blood sugar

mkarntz1980
March 18th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I have no prob with skipping breakfast.....I usually dont get hungry till around 1pm.

atomic sagebrush
March 18th, 2011, 12:30 PM
BOTH. You want your blood sugar levels to be low, for as long out of the day as you can. But there's no need to go overboard, just a general move in the direction of lower blood sugar for longer periods of time will suffice.

You've probably read this already but http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1159-When-and-how-to-eat-meals-to-TTC-Pink&highlight=eat+meals+TTC+pink

Waking up in the night hungry, you're exactly right, is because your blood sugar has dropped from the rice. If you can stand it, don't eat anything, or another option would be to have a bit of protein before bed rather than just the rice. That will keep you feeling satisfied for longer and if you still go until 1 without breakfast, then you'll still be getting a nice long run of time with lower blood sugar.