PDA

View Full Version : trying for a cut off and not sure when to bd

Coccinelle33
March 18th, 2011, 12:39 PM
it seems that i ovulate the same day as my + opk because almost always the next day i get a temp rise unless i end up ovulating in the middle of the night of the + opk.... so when should i bd? i was a 2-3 day cut off. also if dh is doing it himself every day should i try to do it with him more often to lower it and use spermicide on all days im wanting to avoid and if i do that what days should i use it? i dont want to kill everything when im at my 2-3 day cut off. or just try and do a 1 time bd right at the 2-3 day cut off??

atomic sagebrush
March 18th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Do you tend to ovulate on the same cycle day every month? If you always o on CD 14 then just DTD on CD 11 or 12.

If DH is happy doing it alone, then that's fine. It may help you to be able to see what's going on with your CM if he's not "making regular deposits". But if he feels neglected then DTD with spermicide is fine too, just skip it on the day of your attempt (spermicide wears off fairly quickly but there may be some residue left behind that will only help your sway.)

Coccinelle33
March 18th, 2011, 12:59 PM
no i ovulate any where from cd 15-21

mkarntz1980
March 18th, 2011, 01:15 PM
If your patient you can do a 1 time cut-off....Im not doing that, i think with the supps, douches etc it would take forever to get pg. NOt to mention if you dont have any ewcm chances are the sperm wont live to the cut-off anyway, thats just what i think though

atomic sagebrush
March 18th, 2011, 02:20 PM
If your patient you can do a 1 time cut-off....Im not doing that, i think with the supps, douches etc it would take forever to get pg. NOt to mention if you dont have any ewcm chances are the sperm wont live to the cut-off anyway, thats just what i think though

No, I agree too, without EWCM it can be hard for sperm to live long enough. The good news is that your body is always producing EWCM even if you take antihistamine, there should be at least a little being formed in the cervical crypts where the sperm hide out.

mkarntz1980
March 18th, 2011, 07:35 PM
okay thanks for letting me know atomic, that was my worry about cut-off......trying to have no EWCM while trying to keep the female sperm alive for 3 days

Tulips
March 19th, 2011, 04:20 AM
I had no EWCM, I check internally and I got pregnant this cycle from a 3 day cut off. It's possible, I did have creamy and quite a bit but no stretchiness at all very lotiony.
Do you get any for of fade in pattern with your OPK's I dtd on the first day of fade in, the next day was a halfway line then the next day +OPK

Coccinelle33
March 19th, 2011, 10:32 AM
yes i do. they start getting darker about 2 days before the actual + normally. so maybe i can do it that day but no other day?

atomic sagebrush
March 20th, 2011, 10:31 AM
okay thanks for letting me know atomic, that was my worry about cut-off......trying to have no EWCM while trying to keep the female sperm alive for 3 days

Even girl sperm need some EWCM to survive to fertilize the egg! I agree that it is a concern. If you don't get pg after a couple months you may need to ease off of the antihistamines.

atomic sagebrush
March 20th, 2011, 10:31 AM
I had no EWCM, I check internally and I got pregnant this cycle from a 3 day cut off. It's possible, I did have creamy and quite a bit but no stretchiness at all very lotiony.
Do you get any for of fade in pattern with your OPK's I dtd on the first day of fade in, the next day was a halfway line then the next day +OPK
That is very encouraging Tulips! GL!

atomic sagebrush
March 20th, 2011, 10:32 AM
yes i do. they start getting darker about 2 days before the actual + normally. so maybe i can do it that day but no other day?

I think that would be a good plan to try. Good idea!

NeedAGirl!
March 25th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Have you tried saliva ferning? I find it gives a very predictable pattern starting about 3-4 days prior to ovulation and at least 1-2 days prior to a positive OPK. That is what I am going to use for timing my 3 day cutoff.

Glittergirl
March 26th, 2011, 08:54 PM
I tried cutoff this cycle and I think it ended up being a 5 day cutoff so it can be frustrating cause w abstained for 14+ days and I didn't want to try again cause that would mean 5 days abstaining and that's boy territory! I think next cycle I will do frequent BD...I feel like I wasted this cycle :(

aintnocinderella
March 27th, 2011, 08:30 AM
am i right in that peoploe are abstaining ans then DTD only once with a cut off?

NeedAGirl!
March 27th, 2011, 09:55 AM
According to the Dutch study (best current study on cut-off) - there was no specific instructions given as to frequency - just stop 3 days prior to O. I plan for frequent release (DH only - not BD) from AF to 4 days prior to O and then multiple bd between O-4 and O-3.

atomic sagebrush
March 27th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Have you tried saliva ferning? I find it gives a very predictable pattern starting about 3-4 days prior to ovulation and at least 1-2 days prior to a positive OPK. That is what I am going to use for timing my 3 day cutoff.

I agree and I think it is a great method to try. Thank you for sharing!!

atomic sagebrush
March 27th, 2011, 12:35 PM
I tried cutoff this cycle and I think it ended up being a 5 day cutoff so it can be frustrating cause w abstained for 14+ days and I didn't want to try again cause that would mean 5 days abstaining and that's boy territory! I think next cycle I will do frequent BD...I feel like I wasted this cycle :(

Personally, I think the abstaining sways much more than what particular day you had a cut off on. Don't worry or feel like you wasted a cycle! Worrying and picking apart old cycles (in a negative way, of course we can still talk about past cycles to help us with future cycles!) is strictly forbidden here! ;)

This has been quite a lucky month for BFP's (even very unexpected ones) so I am KFX for you!

atomic sagebrush
March 27th, 2011, 12:40 PM
am i right in that peoploe are abstaining ans then DTD only once with a cut off?

People are trying all kinds of different patterns for BD. A lot of people prefer to do the opposite of what they did previously, but you don't have to. Do what is best for you and your DH. Here are a few things you might want to read.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1359-Shettles-method-of-timing-for-boy-and-girl-Part-1
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1292-O-12-Part-2-How-to-do-O-12
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1143-Best-sex-positions-for-babies-of-a-particular-gender-or-just-getting-pregnant!

atomic sagebrush
March 27th, 2011, 12:42 PM
According to the Dutch study (best current study on cut-off) - there was no specific instructions given as to frequency - just stop 3 days prior to O. I plan for frequent release (DH only - not BD) from AF to 4 days prior to O and then multiple bd between O-4 and O-3.

I suspect that at least some of the participants in this study probably DID abstain in addition to doing timing. It doesn't take much effort to go onto the Internet and learn all about the Shettles method and follow it and it seems reasonable to assume that some of those people were using other swaying techniques in addition to the two that were studied.