PDA

View Full Version : Surprise pregnancy!

Mommabee
November 17th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Well, on Nov 2nd I found out I was pregnant with our 3rd (and only 8 months after my 2nd!?). We weren't trying at all so of course, no sway. We're due June 20th! :)

At first we were just shocked. We had sex exactly 1 time. We were going through some crazy things. We weren't in any position to be pregnant. The worse thing being I had two drinks at a Halloween party and another mixed drink at dinner. I had no idea and I'm just sick over it.

Then there is the fact that this is my last baby. After having two sons, we planned on swaying and hard! It just sucks because I feel like my only chance at swinging the odds in my favor is gone. My last chance, and I blew it.

We kind of figured that since it took soooo long to conceive ds2, it wouldnt happen so quickly. Yeaaaah. About that lol.

I feel in my heart that this one is a girl, but who really knows. For some reason, I don't have the doubts I always had with ds1 and ds2. With them, I scoured the internet loking for old wives tales, gender predictors, and whatever else to prove to myself that it was true. This time, I don't look for that. Might sound stupid, but that feeling is the only thing that makes me think this is a girl. Lol

Anyhow, first appt is November 28th. Will probably get an ultrasound that week. Hoping to get a nub shot :)

cvd
November 17th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Hey! Congrats to you :) Although you feel you aren't in a position to be pregnant yet, everything will fall into place! It always does!
As for the drinking, try not to worry. I'm sure those drinks won't affect anything. With my DS, he was a total surprise. We of course weren't trying and were in total party mode, so when I found out at 4 weeks preg, there was at least 3 nights I can remember DH and I going out, and partying HARD. I worried myself sick, I was so sad, if only I had of known. At 1 and a half DH is definitely fine and busy as can be. I'm sure your bean is ok too :)

nuthinbutpink
November 17th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Congrats! I know a few oops girls!

Violet_
November 17th, 2012, 03:18 PM
You will be okay hun. I also thought DS3 was a girl. Was totally convinced as it must be my turn. I had all these girl clothes for him and cried at his ultrasound. You may have a girl, but you may also have another little boy. Just wish I hadn't got my heart so set on a daughter last time around as it kind of set me up for disappointment. I had a good couple of weeks of crying and then came to peace with it. I'm now pregnant with number 4 and totally okay with whatever gender and it's a much better place mentally to be. Hope you get your girl, and hope I do too. Just hope you don't get your heart too set and get hurt. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Mommabee
November 17th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Thank you all!

Mom2many
November 17th, 2012, 08:17 PM
CONGRATS on your BFP!! My 'surprise' baby was a girl--Sending you loads of pink dust!

BeadinMom
November 17th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Congrats on the pregnancy!! I'm with NBP...all the oops babies I know have been girls!! :) Good luck!!

aroundtheworld
November 17th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Congratulations!

I wouldn't worry a bit over the drinking- I found out I was pregnant with three of my five after having several drinks in the early weeks before testing positive. You have no reason to be sick over it mama. Relax and enjoy your pregnancy!

Rainbow baby
November 18th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Congratulations, it's wonderful news. I was done at 3 that was my ultimate max. I found out about number four, a complete surprise, we were not happy but after a few weeks it sank in and we were looking forward to dd. He was a beautiful little boy, I lost him at 19 weeks, he was everything I never knew I wanted.

Mommabee
November 18th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Rainbow baby, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank you all for the pink wishes! Obviously, we will love this baby no matter what the sex is. :) This is my last pregnancy, and team green at that. I plan on enjoying my time coming up with names and coming home outfits for both sexes.

Mommabee
November 18th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Also, thanks for all the support about the drinking. I wish I could say that it made me feel better :( Just trying to stay positive about it...

Lolly55
November 18th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Hi Momabee, I know how you feel as this has just happened to me! I just got a surprise BFP and I can't believe it as we were avoiding and planning girl sway March next year. My youngest DS is only 10 months...I am nervious about the close age gap and also that this will be another boy. The only things I had going for it was I had lost some wieght and had a really exhausting/busy week the week it happened so didnt eat a lot (as much as I usually do!). I am not confident though! I am too nervous to even think this might be a girl. I have to assume a boy until proven otherwise. I too am thinking about waiting until birth.
Good luck to you and I hope it's your girl!