PDA

View Full Version : I think I have hit a low =(

TTC5
March 18th, 2011, 10:31 PM
That or I am pre menstrual :sigh:

I'm beginning to feel as though perhaps I am not worthy of having a son? And worry that, what if, I CANT have sons because maybe I carry some awful gene that makes them sick/disability of some kind.

8 years ago we we found out my pregnancy was a twin pregnancy fraternal G/B but miscarried the boy early on :sad: Have since gone on to have 2 more girls and a miscarriage inbetween that too.

Am I being selfish by "wanting" a son? And doing all these crazy things? Am I wasting all my time and energy in to this swaying? What if I just can't have boys or am not "allowed" to?

Ughhh please tell me I am not the only one who has felt like this at some stage or another? I think I am just hormonal right now...

lindi
March 18th, 2011, 10:35 PM
You are not the only one! I felt that way about not being able to have a girl. Atomic wrote a great essay about this.

3Pink1Blue
March 18th, 2011, 11:10 PM
I think we've all felt the same at one time or another. I've lost 2 pregnancies between my girls and have often wondered if those were my sons. I have gone through fazes of thinking I'm being karmically punished for hating gb families or for just wanting it so much. Don't worry, stay focused and everything will be fine :kiss:

sixhappysons
March 19th, 2011, 06:04 AM
I could have written this post. I always think I'm not worthy of having a DD. I've had several mc's and was always convinced they was my DD.
I even did surrogacy last year to try to "earn" my daughter. I'm now 11 weeks pregnant with dc7 so time will tell if it's finally my turn.
Just wanted you to know you're not alone feeling like this. (((hugs)))

Chunksta
March 19th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Yes, i feel the same, and i also had a miscarriage between my 2 DD's..... All we can do is pray and hope
XOX

Daisynyc
March 19th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Oh TTC5 - of course you are worthy! It's hard not to have these kinds of thoughts. I have wondered if I am not "cut out" for a girl (we have two boys) myself, or wondered if there are some of us biologically "wired" to have one or the other.

One of the negatives of swaying, IMO, is it gives further weight to our belief that a child's gender is determined largely by us - our biology or chemistry or whatever. Even though there may be truth in some of that (which is why we all try to sway), the plain fact of the matter is that the largest element here is chance. There is no rhyme or reason and it doesn't mean that you are undeserving in any way.

It's natural to feel frustrated or to long for the other gender - nothing selfish there. Don't beat yourself up.

nuthinbutpink
March 19th, 2011, 05:08 PM
I am sorry you feel that way but you are definitely worthy!

TTC5
March 20th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the kind words, it is so nice to have a place to come, full of understanding women xoxoxox

atomic sagebrush
March 20th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Oh TTC5 - of course you are worthy! It's hard not to have these kinds of thoughts. I have wondered if I am not "cut out" for a girl (we have two boys) myself, or wondered if there are some of us biologically "wired" to have one or the other.

One of the negatives of swaying, IMO, is it gives further weight to our belief that a child's gender is determined largely by us - our biology or chemistry or whatever. Even though there may be truth in some of that (which is why we all try to sway), the plain fact of the matter is that the largest element here is chance. There is no rhyme or reason and it doesn't mean that you are undeserving in any way.

It's natural to feel frustrated or to long for the other gender - nothing selfish there. Don't beat yourself up.

I totally agree! But I will go to my grave believing that aside from a very tiny handful of people with very rare genetic disorders, ALL of us are capable of having both boys and girls. If you look at a very large fam. like the Duggars, they have 3 girls in a row, and then a very long run of boys, and now a run of girls again. Any one of us on here would have 3-4-5 of the same gender and feel like we are "destined" or "biologically determined" to have only one gender but the Duggars have switched up genders 3 times now!

My great-grandma had 6 girls in a row and then 2 boys, and my husband's grandma had 5 boys and then finally a girl. There is a family on the internet with 14 children (someone out there, help me think of their name!) and only ONE of them is a girl!!!! Any one of us who wanted to "Duggar-it-out" would eventually have an opposite. All swaying is, is an attempt to make that body chemistry change happen sooner rather than later.

Hang in there, it WILL happen for you!!!

TTC5
March 20th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Thanks xxx

ELP
March 20th, 2011, 05:30 PM
5, I'm going for the 'Duggar it out' option, I could do with a companion if your interested:wave::bigsmile:

TTC5
March 21st, 2011, 09:32 PM
5, I'm going for the 'Duggar it out' option, I could do with a companion if your interested:wave::bigsmile:

I wish I could have as many as you, so envious!!! We will have 6 kids when our next is conceived (5 of our own and one is fostered)

skrimpy
March 21st, 2011, 09:40 PM

Lol I told DH we keep going until I get a boy to end babyhaving for me. He's worried now :p

skrimpy
March 21st, 2011, 09:42 PM
TTC5, I think all of us have feelings like yours of some nature or another - it sometimes feels so unfair and like we did something "wrong" not to get what we want. But that's not true. You can't feel guilty or like something is wrong with you (or you did something wrong). I agree with Atomic - basically all of us are capable of carrying and giving birth to healthy boys and girls. I truly hope you get your little man *hugs*

TTC5
March 22nd, 2011, 12:24 AM
LOL this is what DH is worried I am going to do hahahahaha

TTC5
March 22nd, 2011, 12:24 AM
TTC5, I think all of us have feelings like yours of some nature or another - it sometimes feels so unfair and like we did something "wrong" not to get what we want. But that's not true. You can't feel guilty or like something is wrong with you (or you did something wrong). I agree with Atomic - basically all of us are capable of carrying and giving birth to healthy boys and girls. I truly hope you get your little man *hugs*

Thankyou :HH:

LolaInLove
March 22nd, 2011, 11:24 AM
YOU CAN DO IT! Just give swaying and ttc your best shot....but don't ever blame yourself, or DH....nature gives you what she gives you, and the best thing we can do is love our kids and put the gender obsession behind us once we are done ttc. And kudos to you for having 5 and a foster child!!! That is very awesome!!!!

TTC5
March 22nd, 2011, 06:52 PM
Thanks Lola xx
And yes, at least this time I can feel content to know that I tried everything to sway and we get what we are truley meant to have!!!

TulleExplosion
March 27th, 2011, 12:31 AM
I feel the same way as you, we are in very similar situations. I can only hope and pray that you and I are blessed with the boys we so desperately want. In fact, I am due with DD#3 in July and am already planning my sway for #4. I feel so guilty about that!!!

I also know that swaying isnt 100%, so I hope you and I get the strength to deal with things as they come. Good luck.

TTC5
March 27th, 2011, 02:32 AM
Tulle - don't feel guilty! xoxoxox

ELP
March 27th, 2011, 04:22 AM
Yes Tulle, don't feel guilty about planning the next one already, I think we have/are all doing that.

Well done for fostering aswell 5!