PDA

View Full Version : Cinnamon?

jd03pd
March 19th, 2011, 04:33 PM
DH wants to know if he can have cinnamon on the girl diet...is this a huge no no? I'm not planning on having it.

Thanks!

nuthinbutpink
March 19th, 2011, 05:04 PM
I do NOT think so because people take it to make him more alkaline which is not what you want for TTC a girl!

atomic sagebrush
March 20th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Cinnamon, I have been of two minds about for some time. There are things about it that make me think it sways pink, but it is also alkaline and may increase fertility (both of which would sway blue). Here's one recipe that is said to increase fertility for anyone interested (note this probably DOES sway blue) - "Take a pinch of cinnamon powder, mix with a 1/2 teaspoon of honey. Rub on your gums frequenthly throughout the day, it will mix with saliva and be absorbed by the body."

The reason why I believe it may have some pink-friendly attributes is because of the blood sugar/cholesterol aspect. Cinnamon has been studied in diabetics and found to lower blood sugar levels, and it also lowered cholesterol levels (cholesterol is all tied up with producing testosterone). Even as little as 1 gram of cinnamon a day (about 1/4 of a teaspoon, an amount many people just eat every day in their diet) helped lower blood sugar and cholesterol.

In large doses, cinnamon can cause miscarriage, but these are amounts that are much higher than 1/4 of a teaspoon. But better safe than sorry, if you did want to experiment with cinnamon I would not take it during the 2WW. And since it may make you alkaline, you should for sure monitor your pH and see how the cinnamon affects you.

For DH, I think dietary amounts of cinnamon are probably fine now and then.

That was a roundabout way of saying, it's up to each individual person to decide what they think sways "harder", pH/increased fertility or blood sugar/cholesterol. Evidence points both ways!!