PDA

View Full Version : BFP on first attempt - in major shock! Here's my sway...

Mbmk
November 18th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Well first of all I am in total shock- for our DD and DS2 we took 1 year + TTC - I was diagnosed with PCOS and so was gearing up for another long 12 months. We had our first attempt and I got a BFP yesterday on CD 27 - I usually have 32 day cycles. I'm not rally sure when I ovulated but I'm thinking it might have been 10dpo - and it was a strong line, so hopefully that is a good indication. I have had some pink cm though so I'm praying it stays sticky!!

Ok so my sway was like this....

Gender result unknown- update, it's a GIRL!
DW age - 28
DH age - 29
Current children/gender - DD7, DS5, DS1
Number of months TTC - 1!!!!
Did you purchase a plan - no

Diet:
Did you follow a diet plan? Yes, LE briefly
Comments regarding DW diet changes - In the 4 months prior to my sway I had been on a weight loss challenged at work. I started at 69kg and dropped to 62kg in that time. I basically reduced my portions and did a lot of cardio. I started the LE diet the month before the sea, I pretty much ate yoghurt with strawberries around 11:00, pita bread with numbing cheese and tzatki for lunch, skittles and some sort of rice/pasta for tea. My weight got to about 61kg - which is my lowest weight since having kids. I did have a few cheats close to my attempt though!!! Pizza, bit of meat etc. I did give up orange juice and chocolate which are my weaknesses though.

Length of time on diet - loosely for 5 months, stricter for 1 month
Did you skip breakfast - I always have, so yes
Did DH change his diet - not heaps, he has put on about 10kg ove the course of the year though
Did you consume alcohol? Me no, DH yes
Did you limit caffeine - I never drink caffeine

Weight and exercise
Weight leading up to o - 61kg
Weight/exercise comment - lowest weight since having DD 7 years ago. I was at the gym hardcore doing cardio but limited that before my attempt, still played basketball regularly and walked the dog

Things in VG

pH - unknown, I did by a vagitest pH kit - it always had me at about 4 not sure how accurate though
VG potions used - rephresh every 2nd day around O, I also used 1/2 applicator of acijel before each attempt around 1-2hours b4 dtd
Cm pH at attempt - unknown
DH pH - unknown
Hw many BD attempts - a lot! I got a positive OPK on Tuesday (cd 16) we BD, cd 15, cd 16, cd17, cd 19, cd 21
Other comments - I'm not sure when I o'd, while my first positive OpK was on cd 16, I continued to get strong positives until cd20 which is why we let BDing. I wasn't temping, I didn't have much Cm. I did feel O pains on Thursday night (cd18) from previous cycles I usually o between cd 18-20. If I go by when I got my BFP it was negative on cd26 and positive on cd28. So if I count back 10dpo I'm thinking maybe cd18 which was the Thursday meaning we had bd attempts -3 days, -2 days, -1 day, +1 day, +2 days

The deed info:

DH swimmers - very frequent release, he released at least an hour prior to all our attempts, so they were always attempts with a second batch of sperm, he sustained this for 7 days during O, but he also released daily throughout my cycle
Bd position - most of the time it was doggy as it was the only way he could finish
Jump and dump - sometimes yes, mostly no

Supplements:
DW supplements - vitex AF - O, saw palmetto AF - O, zirtek around O, folic acid
DH supplements - licorice root 3 x day AF - O, mega cranberry tablet AF - O

Anything with ions - not really, less time around technology, more time outdoors
Moon phase - no idea
Old wives tales - nope

Things that make me feel great about my sway - the fact I did frequent release which we did when we got our first daughter, the fact I lost weight, the supplements to help lower my testosterone, the rephresh and acijel to bring down my pH, also I have always thought I would have G,B,B,G so hopefully fate plays a part

Things that make me nervous about my sway - I had cheats around O, I wasn't as strict on the diet as I could be, a lot of BDing - raising testosterone, my PCOS, no jump/dump

That's it! Wish me luck!! Sorry it isn't in the right format :-(

pebmcpd7
November 18th, 2012, 08:33 PM
GL!!!! XXX

Thorz300
November 18th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Good luck on you girl!!

Violet_
November 19th, 2012, 01:25 AM
Goodluck, your sway looks good. Congrats on your bfp first month trying!

mariposa
November 20th, 2012, 06:42 AM
congrats on your BFP!!! :)

jennaesue
November 20th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Congratulations!!

The Anchor
November 20th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Awesome! GL!

HouseOfTurtles
November 21st, 2012, 03:08 AM
Congrats on your BFP! FX for your girl :)

Mbmk
February 9th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Just an update! Had my gender scan today - It's a GIRL!!!! :)

We feel beyond blessed. Thank-you so much to this wonderful site for giving my daughter the gift of a sister. After one failed sway and PCOS I didn't think it possible.

I honestly believe the weight loss, VERY frequent release, LE diet, vitex, saw palmetto and acijel were the deciding factors for me! :)

cvd
February 9th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Just an update! Had my gender scan today - It's a GIRL!!!! :)

We feel beyond blessed. Thank-you so much to this wonderful site for giving my daughter the gift of a sister. After one failed sway and PCOS I didn't think it possible.

I honestly believe the weight loss, VERY frequent release, LE diet, vitex, saw palmetto and acijel were the deciding factors for me! :)

Congratulations :)

nuthinbutpink
February 9th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Yay for LE!

2lovelyboys
February 18th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Congratulations!

coralsky
March 4th, 2013, 06:16 PM
fantastic!! all of these successful girl sways are sooo exciting! enjoy your girl, congrats!!!