PDA

View Full Version : I need consultative opinion on PIZZA!

Zivic-Bubac
March 19th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I've asked the same q on IG, mostly because of the cheese on it ( and therefore the Calcium). And there was this lady with 3 boys (swaying pink) who replied to me that she was literally living on pizza with loads of ketchup when she conceived her boys ( she was manager in a pizza restaurant:D)
She said: yes, cheese is great source of Calcium but also is loaded with Sodium ( which is correct).
So, may I ask as I'm addicted to pizza: are we allowed to have pizza or not and if yes, how often? I'm eating it almost every evening, but with extra ham and less cheese ( if it makes any diff, IDK?)
( I'm talking mostly about capricciosa - ham, cheese, mushrooms,tomato juice, origano and/or maybe some sausage)
I pour tomato juice on my pizza, I believe it's better than ketchup for blue sway?

skrimpy
March 19th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Cheese does have sodium, and tomatoes are good for boy diet too... plus pizza can be loaded with lots of meats for protein sources :) It also has a moderate carb amount... could be very high if your pizza place is using lots of sugar in the sauce. Anyways, I think pizza here and there is fine for a boy sway.

TTC5
March 20th, 2011, 12:05 AM
I think many swayers here are opting for dairy so I would say if you are comfortable with it, eat it =D

ELP
March 20th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Pizza is a regular in my diet too, I do pizza with a bowl of salad with salt and acv dressing and a bowl of new potatoes, delicious mmm.

atomic sagebrush
March 20th, 2011, 12:42 PM
I've asked the same q on IG, mostly because of the cheese on it ( and therefore the Calcium). And there was this lady with 3 boys (swaying pink) who replied to me that she was literally living on pizza with loads of ketchup when she conceived her boys ( she was manager in a pizza restaurant:D)
She said: yes, cheese is great source of Calcium but also is loaded with Sodium ( which is correct).
So, may I ask as I'm addicted to pizza: are we allowed to have pizza or not and if yes, how often? I'm eating it almost every evening, but with extra ham and less cheese ( if it makes any diff, IDK?)
( I'm talking mostly about capricciosa - ham, cheese, mushrooms,tomato juice, origano and/or maybe some sausage)
I pour tomato juice on my pizza, I believe it's better than ketchup for blue sway?

I personally believe it is EXCELLENT for blue. I eat it all the time and ate tons of it the day before I conceived DS 4!!!

If you believe in the calcium then eating it with more ham and less cheese is even better. When I was dieting I used to make pizza with NO cheese and it was really quite good. You can also try sprinking it with nutritional yeast flakes (some people say they taste like parmesan cheese)

Here is a link about the nutritional yeast flakes http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1513-Yeast!

Zivic-Bubac
March 20th, 2011, 05:35 PM
That's great news!
Unfortunately, I cannot find NYF in this God forsaken place....Can I replace it with barm?

atomic sagebrush
March 21st, 2011, 11:59 AM
That's great news!
Unfortunately, I cannot find NYF in this God forsaken place....Can I replace it with barm?

Hmmm...probably not, I think the NYF is formulated to be used like a food rather than a supplement. The barm/brewer's yeast is usually better stirred into juice.

It's ok, you can do without it!

Coccinelle33
March 21st, 2011, 12:58 PM
i eat it all the time also and have lots of boys!

iyamaryam
March 23rd, 2011, 02:03 PM
i eat it all the time also and have lots of boys!

Thank God because it was a consant in my diet too, as much as I tried to stick to the conventional IG diet, I just couldn't leave that out :wink:

TTC5
March 27th, 2011, 07:31 AM
I personally believe it is EXCELLENT for blue. I eat it all the time and ate tons of it the day before I conceived DS 4!!!

If you believe in the calcium then eating it with more ham and less cheese is even better. When I was dieting I used to make pizza with NO cheese and it was really quite good. You can also try sprinking it with nutritional yeast flakes (some people say they taste like parmesan cheese)

Here is a link about the nutritional yeast flakes http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1513-Yeast!

I mix nyf in my soup and mash potato you need to give it a good stir and it kind of melts up and does taste quite cheesy!

skrimpy
March 27th, 2011, 09:25 AM
I don't know how nyf would work, but I used to make a "roux" with brewer's yeast and butter (though I can't remember what I put it on, lol - it was for a recipe) - anyways, it was a very "cheesy" taste. Since both are yeasts their properties are probably quite similar. So one could experiment with make a "sauce" like that if you wanted to put a little on top of the pizza. Maybe add some garlic powder too, to make it like a cheesy garlic butter?

TulleExplosion
March 28th, 2011, 03:17 PM
I was told by a chef friend of mine that the more oily the pizza, the higher sodium in the cheese. Yes, most of us blot it but maybe in this case we shouldnt be??

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Haha, all this talk about garlic butter and oily pizza is making me hungry (can you tell I have 4 boys LOL!!!)

purplepoet20
March 29th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Ok so crazy question..... tomatoe juice or ketchup on pizza??? I love pizza and have never thought about putting anything other then Marn. sauce on it.

Hubby is Italian and we started making our own pizza a few years ago... our dough is fairly healthy compared to resturants and low salt, put about 1 tbsp of olive oil on top, our sauce is high in herbs and garlic, 8oz of whole milk cheese, and large amounts of pepperoni. Served every Friday.

Forgot to say that we did eat pizza once during conception of the boys.

Zivic-Bubac
March 29th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Are you asking for swaying purpose, I believe you are swaying pink?
Garlic and pepperoni are boy friendly foods, and so is whole milk cheese.
Tomato juice is alkaline forming and it is great source of Potassium so I pour it abundantly on my pizza. Industrial ketchups are acidifying.

purplepoet20
March 29th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I am swaying pink but I saw this post and was just wondering... I am breastfeeding so I am not on the diet yet. We love pizza and I just never thought of putting tomatoes juice on one :) Only my kids will get pizza when I start the diet.

Zivic-Bubac
March 30th, 2011, 07:25 AM
We love pizza and I just never thought of putting tomatoes juice on one :) Only my kids will get pizza when I start the diet.
I could live on pizza:p
I sometimes put some fresh tomatoes too, but my DH can't stand it LOL!

atomic sagebrush
March 30th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Are you asking for swaying purpose, I believe you are swaying pink?
Garlic and pepperoni are boy friendly foods, and so is whole milk cheese.
Tomato juice is alkaline forming and it is great source of Potassium so I pour it abundantly on my pizza. Industrial ketchups are acidifying.

Tomato juice or tomato sauce?? I thought that was maybe just a difference in language and was assuming you meant tomato sauce. Do you actually pour tomato juice on the pizza? I'm intrigued!

Zivic-Bubac
March 30th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Here is what it says on the label: " pasteurized pulpy tomato juice, partially concentrated. Produced from concentrated tomato juice as per production specification. Ingredients: concentrated tomato juice, kitchen salt"
( I didn't translate this myself, I rewrited it from label)
It is in liquid form, not as dense as ketchup.
Here we call tomato sauce when you cook tomato juice with flour and oil and some spices ( like garlic, origano, ...some people add sugar to it)

purplepoet20
March 30th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Here is what it says on the label: " pasteurized pulpy tomato juice, partially concentrated. Produced from concentrated tomato juice as per production specification. Ingredients: concentrated tomato juice, kitchen salt"
Here we call tomato sauce when you cook tomato juice with flour and oil and some spices ( like garlic, origano, ...some people add sugar to it)

I may have to try tomatoe juice one day just to see...

My Italian hubby wants me say that you should make an Italian Sauce.... For pizza we use tomatoes paste, with 3 tbsp of olive oil, and garlic and spices as you please (it is a little thick but is doesn't make the pizza soggy). For pasta try 2 24oz cans of crushed tomatoes, 1 6oz can of tomatoe paste, 1tbsp of basil, and 4 cloves of garlic (more garlic can be added) let simmer all day, meat is your choice. We eat pasta and pizza 2-3 days a week, so does my hubbies family which is 90% loud Italian men :)

Zivic-Bubac
March 31st, 2011, 02:22 PM
Mmmm, sounds yummi!!!!Simmering part is an excellent idea:agree: it allows all the tastes to merge. Why didn't I think of that? LOLOL!
I'm going to try it ASAP!

atomic sagebrush
April 1st, 2011, 10:58 AM

What we call "tomato juice" is very thin and we drink it. What we call tomato sauce is like a thicker version of that (but it is still thinner than ketchup) with salt in it, and we also have tomato paste which is very thick but has no salt usually. And then what you are describing as tomato sauce, we call spaghetti sauce or marinara. It makes no difference, just interesting to note the differences! Thank you!

Coccinelle33
April 1st, 2011, 11:00 AM
Haha, all this talk about garlic butter and oily pizza is making me hungry (can you tell I have 4 boys LOL!!!)

ughh yeah! me too!

daisyfay311
April 1st, 2011, 10:30 PM
Oh my gosh, I am so happy to read this thread! I adore pizza and I could definitely eat it with more tomato and less cheese, that's not a problem. I've been struggling to find things I like that still sway blue. Sooooo easy to tell how I got my girl!