PDA

View Full Version : How bad is chocolate?

twosweetlads
March 20th, 2011, 01:31 PM
I really love it and im going to be TTc pink and am only going to do a modified diet. I am on low cal diet and avioding the no no's.

I have given up loads of different foods for health reasons but I can't give up my dark choc(Dairy free with xylitol).

Really I know what the answer is but I can't eat anything nice anymore:( as I avoid sugar etc.

Is this bad?

Thankyou

nuthinbutpink
March 20th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Well, pretty bad. 1. It has caffeine which means it blocks calcium absorption, 2. It has 80mg of potassium in one ounce, 3. Sugar is bad for the girl diet, 4. It's a no here and also on the French diet, chocolate is a big no for TTC a girl

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but I would find a replacement for your chocolate craving.

Suggestions-

sugar-free hard candies
dried cranberries- I ate a ton of craisins
yogurt covered dried cranberries
rice cakes with sugar free jam (raspberry or strawberry)
Strawberry fruit smoothie (with milk, sugar free yogurt (or Kefir), strawberries and Equal)
rice pudding

HTH

twosweetlads
March 20th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Ok thanks I know you are right and I like your suggestions I will try to stay away!

Zivic-Bubac
March 20th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Does that make chocolate OK when TTC a boy?

nuthinbutpink
March 20th, 2011, 05:28 PM

I don't think so because it makes you acidic which is bad for TTC a boy.

atomic sagebrush
March 21st, 2011, 01:10 PM

I personally think dark chocolate (and I mean a good, high quality, dark chocolate, not cheapo chocolate) is good for TTC a boy, for all the reasons mentioned, plus chocolate has a lot of phytonutrients and antioxidants in it that may sway blue. Just keep an eye on your pH and make sure it doesn't go up.

I ate a dark chocolate bar several times a week when I TTC DS 3.

rainbowflower
September 23rd, 2011, 08:41 AM
sorry to bump this up again, but why might antioxidants sway blue?

Flava
September 23rd, 2011, 01:57 PM
We eat Lindt dark chocolate with sea salt .Not much of it and my pH was the best ever for this sway time.

atomic sagebrush
September 24th, 2011, 01:37 PM
I really love it and im going to be TTc pink and am only going to do a modified diet. I am on low cal diet and avioding the no no's.

I have given up loads of different foods for health reasons but I can't give up my dark choc(Dairy free with xylitol).

Really I know what the answer is but I can't eat anything nice anymore:( as I avoid sugar etc.

Is this bad?

Thankyou

I would prefer you switched to white chocolate, or barring that, milk chocolate. Both are better for pink than dark choc.

atomic sagebrush
September 24th, 2011, 01:39 PM
sorry to bump this up again, but why might antioxidants sway blue?

hahaha I actually answered this q all over again.

Antioxidants may sway blue by improving overall fertility, by sending a message to your body that times are good and you have access to lots of different foods, and by providing the raw materials for your body to manufacture muscle and hormones.

rainbowflower
September 24th, 2011, 02:30 PM
that's interesting, a quick Google and I found this article: http://www.moderninfertilitytreatments.com/uncategorized/antioxidants-could-decrease-female-fertility/ but perhaps it's just that you can find a study to prove/disprove most things nowadays...

atomic sagebrush
September 25th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Here's the actual study. http://www.pnas.org/content/108/4/1462.full?sid=b43df320-1dba-4830-a967-6e49ef1754d3 Quite a different circumstance than eating a diet rich in a wide array of colorful foods or even taking safe amounts of antioxidant supplements.

Antioxidants in normal dietary amounts are good for fertility, otherwise everyone who ate a diet rich in colorful fruits and vegetables and/or took any supplements, would be having trouble conceiving. In fact the opposite seems to be the case. Diets based on foods rich in antioxidants are good and helpful for fertility.