PDA

View Full Version : I want a daughter!!

laralee16
March 20th, 2011, 06:28 PM
This is our 3rd, and last child. If it is not a girl, I will not ever be the mother to a daughter. It sucks. Im pretty sure it is a boy. :(

nuthinbutpink
March 20th, 2011, 10:09 PM
I'm sorry. You just have to give yourself time and go through the grieving process if it is a boy and you had your heart set on a girl. Lots of us have been there on one side or the other of the coin. It sucks, I know.

TTC5
March 21st, 2011, 01:58 AM
xoxoxoxoxo

puppydogstails
March 25th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Big Hugs Laralee. I know how your feeling, i felt like this with DS2. he was going to be our last. ( since decided on one more child ) I want a daughter so much, i know how it hurts. Happy to listen and offer any support i can if you ever feel like you want to vent. It could still be a girl in there. xxxx

jude17
April 7th, 2011, 10:37 PM
I was only having two children. I have just had my second boy. Now I am thinking we should try one last time for a girl. I am sure we will try but I need to be happy with a third boy. I so want a girl though and wonder if I don't try one last time if I will always regret not trying. If we do all we can and get another boy it was meant to be. My sister had a girl 5 weeks before my son. She has two older boys. It breaks my heart to see their happy family when I tried so hard for a girl and she didn't do anything but she was the one to get the girl. Its very hard when our boys spend so much time together. I am so not looking forward to the first birthday when everyone is going on how lovely her girl is and they are so happy she got a girl after her boys. My family came over the other day and my new son didn't even get a look in, everyone was going crazy over my sisters girl. Yes it sucks big time. I hope you got your daughter, Good luck.

Daydreambeliever
April 9th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Hi There! I am a mum of 3 boys and if someone had told me 10 years ago I would have 3 boys I would have laughed! I absolutely adore them all but did suffer disapointment with my last pregnancy and so know how you feel. If it's any help my third is amazing- he is a ray of sunshine! I still want my girl though and feel its probably never gonna be! hugs! x

Flava
April 12th, 2011, 03:50 PM
:hugs:

PlanB
April 14th, 2011, 07:24 AM
But you don't know for sure it is a boy.

Having said that you might find you feel satisfaction with your family. If not, maybe you could try again?

TexasMommy
April 18th, 2011, 09:56 AM
I know the feeling, but im on the otherside of the coin. I have 2 little girls, Im pregnant with my third & finally baby... if this one isnt a boy, ill never have a son. Love my girls more than anything & am blessed & so thankful to have them...but I would really like a little boy now to complete our family. Dont sell yourself short, you dont know its a boy, could VERY well be a girl :) I feel the same tho its hard for me to believe i could have a baby boy growing inside of me, I feel like its another girl. We'll see tho. How much longer until you are able to find out the gender? Itll be around July for me, so ive still got a good while :(

LolaInLove
April 19th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I know the feeling, but im on the otherside of the coin. I have 2 little girls, Im pregnant with my third & finally baby... if this one isnt a boy, ill never have a son. Love my girls more than anything & am blessed & so thankful to have them...but I would really like a little boy now to complete our family. Dont sell yourself short, you dont know its a boy, could VERY well be a girl :) I feel the same tho its hard for me to believe i could have a baby boy growing inside of me, I feel like its another girl. We'll see tho. How much longer until you are able to find out the gender? Itll be around July for me, so ive still got a good while :(

Right there with you, TexasMommy! FX your baby is a girl, Laralee....and if not, FX that you find some peace with it as soon as possible......I know I will have to work hard to get there also if I'm having a third girl. XOXOXOXO

My Fabulous Children
April 20th, 2011, 02:26 AM
I hope it's a girl for you!!! :awe:

iluvmybigfamily
April 20th, 2011, 11:43 AM
keeping my fx that you will have your little girl but unless there are major reason that you can't have another child I wouldnt get to fixated on this being your last, when I was younger I was convinced that I didnt want any kids at all. Then I met my 1st dh and we had my 1st ds when I was 1st preg I thought just one when he was born I decided I wanted another, my ex dh was adamant he didnt want more kids as he didnt really enjoy being a father. Well coupled with other problems and knowing I wanted more we split and I met my current DH who loves kids I thought 3 would be it then after ds 3 was born I thought hmm well maybe 1 more. We are now on #6 and to be honest I wouldnt say no more though I do sometimes feel that way. I think unless physical or financial reasons came into play we'd carry on. As a matter of fact dh threw the number 8 out there the other day LMAO!!

Glittergirl
April 21st, 2011, 07:06 PM
Hope it's your girl!!!!!! Just to let you know, DS3 is just the joy of my life!!! I was a little sad when I found out he was a boy I always thought we would have 2 of each BUT he is such a ray of sunshine in my life and I can't even imagine life without him! Praying you have your girl in there!!!!! Best of luck

Halah
April 25th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Like Glittergirl my third boy is such a joy, not only to me but to my husband and other boys. He's everyone's little boy. We're having our 4th boy now and while I did have some major GD in the beginning and still struggle with not having a daughter, I can't wait to see how my third reacts to this one and really I just can't wait to hold another baby boy in my arms.

I hope you get a girl this time, but if not I'm sure you'll find peace and joy in your youngest.

raspberry73
April 30th, 2011, 05:47 PM
It does get better. Even if you find out it is a boy, the devastation won't last forever. I am just about to have my 3rd boy, and I feel way better now than I did at 20 weeks when I found out the gender. I still have bad days, but not nearly as bad.

Brighter
May 1st, 2011, 02:17 AM
Sending you some pink dust...

Carnelian
May 21st, 2011, 04:37 AM
Fingers crossed you have your girl in there. I have two wee boys too and am also wondering whether to take the plunge :-) They say - " you never regret the kids you have, only the ones you don't" . I've had friends who had boys then a girl and felt no difference in sxs so you never know.