PDA

View Full Version : ♥ April 2011 Blue Cheer Squad Thread ♥

Pages : [1] 2 3

TTC5
March 20th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Possible to make this a sticky?
Feel free to ask me to add your details to the OP we can keep track of who is with us!!!

♥ User Name
♥ Swaying Status: Swayer in waiting(waiting to TTC), Swaying NOW!, BFP Swayer!
♥ TTC DC # ....
♥ Your approach to blue sway:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

♥ TTC5
♥ Swaying Status: Swayer in waiting (starting June!)
♥ TTC DC # 5 (We have 4 DD's at the moment)
♥ Your approach to blue sway: Eat lots lol, plenty of sodium and pottasium rich foods, meat daily, wholegrain bread and cereals, green tea, lemon water, ural and all the boy supps!

♥ ELP
♥ Swaying Status: BFP Swayer!
♥ TTC DC #9
♥ Your approach to blue sway: Eating daily, meat, potatoes, tomatoes, cheese, fruit and veg. Salting all possible, acv as dressing. Snacking througout the day on different nuts. Cut out white bread products, pasta, chocolate, fizzy drinks and sweets. Drinking green tea once a day and different fruit juices, acv when remeberd. Doing mild weight training, spriniting, running up the stairs. DH on daily 50+ multi-vit, co-q10 100mg and 100mog flaxseed oil. DW on 2000mg FA, 2 tsp bee pollen, 2tsp wheatgrass, 100mg flaxseed oil, 50mg zinc, 30 mg Co-Q10. 3 tsp guanaifesen 5 days prior to ov.

♥ Chunksta
♥ Swaying Status: Swaying NOW
♥ TTC DC # 2 DD
♥ Your approach to blue sway: The alkaline diet. Red meat, vegies and fruit lots of potatoes, anything with tomato's and banana's, orange and apple juice, drinking lots of water,Charting BBT and OPK,Taking folic acid and fish oil,Vit B6, BSF and BS bath's. Robitussin leading up to O, pre-seed and having a Rose Quartz stone with me and under my pillow when sleeping

♥ Zivic-Bubac
♥ Swaying Status: Swaying now! Estimated O date March 25
♥ TTC DC # 3
♥ Your approach to blue sway: Bananas, potatoes, red meat, pizza, tomato juice, dried figs every day; Supps: FA, Fish Oil, Zinc, vit E, Garlic, RJ/BP, DHEA.
Lemon water and BSD.

♥ Kris217
♥ Swaying Status: It has begun, trying to conceive April!
♥ TTC DC #1♥ Your approach to blue sway: Lots of potassium, sea salt, red meat, tomatoes (fresh and canned), salted nuts, canned vegetable soups, fruit and veg, fruit and veg juices, dried apricots, potatoes, cereal every morning, tomato sauce, 2000mg folic acid, 1000mg fish oil.

♥ 3PinkNeedBlue
♥ Swaying Status: Swaying now, O'd 3/21
♥ TTC DC # 4
♥ Your approach to blue sway: Tons of high fat, high protein, nutrient rich food, potatoes, meat, blueberry pomegranate juice, raisons, nuts, tons of green tea, water, coffee, gelatin from af-o; Supps: FA, Fish Oil, Zinc, vit D, potassum, bsf, guaifenesin from af-o

♥ Skrimpy
♥ Swayer in waiting (waiting til late 2012 or early 2013, hopefully - currently pg w/ pink)
♥ TTC DC # 6
♥ Your approach to blue sway: I am going to basically continue my pregnancy diet while I am nursing the new baby (due in late May) since it's highly nourishing. I won't take out milk but I will focus on high protein and boy diet foods. I plan to start an exercise routine after my 6 week pp visit to help lose weight and then build muscle (and hopefully boost testosterone and keep weight level for when it's time to conceive). Routine is mostly bodyweight-based resistance training with some sprinting - no intense cardio. I will start boy supps when my cycles return after this baby is born - I am really hoping I get a year or so of no cycles with this baby. DH does not want to really TTC or TTA after this baby, so I want to be ready when conception occurs I feed DH so he will be on the boy diet. I will see how open he is to supps when my cycles resume. Mostly I am just cheering for other blue swayers right now

♥ LolaInLove
♥ Swaying Status: BFP Swayer
♥ TTC DC # ....
♥ Your approach to blue sway:

♥ babydes56
♥ Swaying Status: Swaying NOW!, O'd 21st Mar
♥ TTC DC # ....
♥ Your approach to blue sway: Alkaline diet, lots of potatoes, bananas, tomatoes, red meat, fruit & veg, dried apricots, raisins, orange juice, porridge or cereal in mornings

♥ Begonia (same from IG)
♥ Swaying Status: A moving target if ever there was one ... probably this fall.
♥ TTC DC # 3
♥ Your approach to blue sway: Umm, had NO idea there was such good research re: running = girls! I was running 40+ per week prior to my girl pg's, so cut that out and do weights and resistance, with a bit of light cardio. Diet approach is pretty much what Atomic rec's with lots of food and variety of nutrients. Trying to limit sweets and soda which is what I used to live on. Supps I do fish oil, folic, zinc and ACV daily. AF to O will do either BSD or ASG.

♥ Tropicgal
♥ Swaying now ( well kind of....we started in Nov which resulted in a bfp straight away but unfortunately ended in a mmc and then after waiting one cycle we had a chemical) so onto April!!
♥ Approach is increasing meals and snacks (nuts, dried fruit and chips), inceasing salt and meat, drinking green tea, lemon water, v8 juice, orange juice daily, increasing weight training, taking pregnancy supps and extra folic acid, will take robitussan and ural before O.

♥ LauraInTexas (I was OohLaLaura at IG)
♥ Swaying Status: Swaying since December 2010, TTC Boy
♥ TTC BOY, we have a 2 year old scrumptios girl already
♥ Your approach to blue sway: Basically everything possible....all the supplements, eating the boy foods diet, upping sodium and potassium, cutting out as much dairy, magnesium, and calcium as possible. No cardio, weight lifting. We're also doing one of the high tech at home methods---MSU. Our attempts are going well...seeing lots of sperm and almost all XY after sorting. I'm older---35, so it may not be helping to limit sperm availability overall

My3girls
Swaying status: swaying now!
TTC DC #4
Your approach to blue sway: banana, potatoes, avocados, lots of red meat, lemon water, fa,fish oil, potassium, vit e, Garlic, bbt, opk, and I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff too!

♥ User Name: SpicyTunaSushi
♥ Swaying Status: Swaying NOW!
♥ TTC DC # 2
♥ Your approach to blue sway: High Potassium/Na diet, low mg/ca, ACV, BSD, DH models diet too. Meat, no dairy or sweets. Lemon water, Pineapple juice with gelatin Supplements: FA, Fish Oil, Vit E, Zinc, RJ Cycling to work (slow pace- but good leg workout for muscles), Will use eggwhites, monitoring pH, Robitussin at O, BBT, OPK. Just finished BFing- but have had 3 ovulation cycles already.

nuthinbutpink
March 20th, 2011, 09:55 PM
:cheerteam:

I can stick it for you! Go Team BLUE!

TTC5
March 20th, 2011, 11:50 PM
Thankyou!!!

ELP
March 21st, 2011, 04:30 AM
Like it!! I'll fill mine in when I get back from school x

ELP
March 21st, 2011, 05:44 AM
♥ ELP
♥ Swaying Status: BFP Swayer!
♥ TTC DC #9
♥ Your approach to blue sway: Eating daily, meat, potatoes, tomatoes, cheese, fruit and veg. Salting all possible, acv as dressing. Snacking througout the day on different nuts. Cut out white bread products, pasta, chocolate, fizzy drinks and sweets. Drinking green tea once a day and different fruit juices, acv when remeberd. Doing mild weight training, spriniting, running up the stairs. DH on daily 50+ multi-vit, co-q10 100mg and 100mog flaxseed oil. DW on 2000mg FA, 2 tsp bee pollen, 2tsp wheatgrass, 100mg flaxseed oil, 50mg zinc, 30 mg Co-Q10. 3 tsp guanaifesen 5 days prior to ov.

Chunksta
March 21st, 2011, 06:20 AM
♥ Chunksta
♥ TTC DC # 2DD's
♥ Your approach to blue sway: The alkaline diet. Red meat, vegies and fruit lots of potatoes, tomato and banana's, orange and apple juice, drinking lots of water, BBT and OPK, folic acid and fish oil, and praying =)

Zivic-Bubac
March 21st, 2011, 07:52 AM
♥ Zivic-Bubac
♥ Swaying Status: Swaying now! Estimated O date March 25 :luck:
♥ TTC DC # 3 :ttcboy:
♥ Your approach to blue sway: Bananas, potatoes, red meat, pizza, tomato juice, dried figs every day; Supps: FA, Fish Oil, Zinc, vit E, Garlic, RJ/BP, DHEA.
Lemon water and BSD.

LolaInLove
March 21st, 2011, 12:23 PM
WHOA- ELP, did you get a bfp??????

TTC5
March 21st, 2011, 05:34 PM
Updated =)

TTC5
March 21st, 2011, 05:35 PM
WHOA- ELP, did you get a bfp??????

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYY when did I miss THIS???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kris217
March 22nd, 2011, 06:06 AM
♥ Kris217
♥ Swaying Status: It has begun, trying to conceive April!
♥ TTC DC #1♥ Your approach to blue sway: Lots of potassium, sea salt, red meat, tomatoes (fresh and canned), salted nuts, canned vegetable soups, fruit and veg, fruit and veg juices, dried apricots, potatoes, cereal every morning, tomato sauce, 2000mg folic acid, 1000mg fish oil.

TTC5
March 22nd, 2011, 06:49 AM
:ttcboy:So, how are we all going?!!

ELP
March 22nd, 2011, 10:54 AM
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYY when did I miss THIS???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oops. no bfp yet, I thought that meant people who are actually attempting rather than gearing up for iykwim:oops: but oved toady so don't change it just yet lol:wink::bigsmile:

3Pink1Blue
March 22nd, 2011, 11:34 AM
♥ 3PinkNeedBlue
♥ Swaying Status: Swaying now, O'd 3/21
♥ TTC DC # 4
♥ Your approach to blue sway: Tons of high fat, high protein, nutrient rich food, potatoes, meat, blueberry pomegranate juice, raisons, nuts, tons of green tea, water, coffee, gelatin from af-o; Supps: FA, Fish Oil, Zinc, vit D, potassum, bsf, guaifenesin from af-o

TTC5
March 22nd, 2011, 06:48 PM
Updated for you Jen =) How are you going, any signs yet?

ELP... Good Luck! What is your plan for attempt!?

ASF: Started new cycle today one step closer to June 10 weeks to go!!!!!! Had a text book cycle just gone, I can not believe two cycles off birth control and I am already bouncing back well... O was day 14 and a 28 day cycle!!!!!!

skrimpy
March 22nd, 2011, 08:36 PM
♥ Skrimpy
♥ Swayer in waiting (waiting til late 2012 or early 2013, hopefully - currently pg w/ pink)
♥ TTC DC # 6
♥ Your approach to blue sway: I am going to basically continue my pregnancy diet while I am nursing the new baby (due in late May) since it's highly nourishing. I won't take out milk but I will focus on high protein and boy diet foods. I plan to start an exercise routine after my 6 week pp visit to help lose weight and then build muscle (and hopefully boost testosterone and keep weight level for when it's time to conceive). Routine is mostly bodyweight-based resistance training with some sprinting - no intense cardio. I will start boy supps when my cycles return after this baby is born - I am really hoping I get a year or so of no cycles with this baby. DH does not want to really TTC or TTA after this baby, so I want to be ready when conception occurs :) I feed DH so he will be on the boy diet. I will see how open he is to supps when my cycles resume. Mostly I am just cheering for other blue swayers right now :)

skrimpy
March 22nd, 2011, 08:37 PM
TTC5, gotta love the textbook cycles - they make it easy to get boy timing down, at least ;)

TTC5
March 22nd, 2011, 09:09 PM
TTC5, gotta love the textbook cycles - they make it easy to get boy timing down, at least ;)

I hope it stays like this too! Having my girls my cycles were very irregular anywhere from 28 - 40 days!!!!?????
Maybe the supps are helping??

Kris217
March 23rd, 2011, 07:04 AM
I need to ask about green tea, i bought some but can't stand the taste of it. Is there anything i can do to improve the taste or even a different brand that tastes ok?
I'd really like to add it to my diet but can't swallow the stuff.

ELP
March 23rd, 2011, 07:59 AM
Kris, maybe try adding lemon juice to it, 2 boy drinks in one and it alters the taste;)

3Pink1Blue
March 23rd, 2011, 12:03 PM
Kris- I drink mine with a truvia and lemon juice, totally yummy.

ttc5 - my cycles were perfect when I got my girls so the screwy nature of my current cycles is frustrating. I hope it's a good boy sign, opposite cycles that is.

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2011, 01:05 PM
I need to ask about green tea, i bought some but can't stand the taste of it. Is there anything i can do to improve the taste or even a different brand that tastes ok?
I'd really like to add it to my diet but can't swallow the stuff.

It is pretty awful at first but you do get used to it over the course of time.

Zivic-Bubac
March 23rd, 2011, 01:14 PM
I like green tea:happy:
I was trying to improve the taste of BSD, but unfortunately nothing works...It is just disgusting.

aabroo
March 23rd, 2011, 02:10 PM
How about mixing fresh lemon juice with the bsd?It tastes just like lemonade.

LolaInLove
March 23rd, 2011, 03:59 PM
Even though I am (still) pregnant right now, please add me in spirit to the CHEERLEADER SQUAD for you gals! I may not look good in a short skirt anymore (thank you, boy diet), but I am totally pulling for everyone like you can't imagine!!!! :cheerteam:

Aabroo, we are 3 days apart! Join the due in Nov club so we can pick each other's brains about how we are feeling and whatnot!

aabroo
March 23rd, 2011, 05:53 PM
Lola when was your LMP date?Mine was 23rd Feb.and O date was 6th March.

Zivic-Bubac
March 23rd, 2011, 05:58 PM
How about mixing fresh lemon juice with the bsd?It tastes just like lemonade.

I'll try it! Thanks!:happy:

3Pink1Blue
March 23rd, 2011, 06:11 PM
I hate the bsd. I did it religiously before I got preg in Aug '10 and as soon as I got the bfp I stopped and got the most excruciating heartburn that lasted till I miscarried at 13 wks. I started it again when I started swaying again and stopped it for a few days in the 2ww and oh the heartburn. I refuse to drink it now and quitting it hasn't affected my pH. I still get occasional heartburn, I've never had it before and hope it won't keep happening forever.
Anyway just be careful with it.

TTC5
March 23rd, 2011, 06:46 PM
You can get green tea tablets Kris too.

TTC5
March 23rd, 2011, 06:48 PM
Even though I am (still) pregnant right now, please add me in spirit to the CHEERLEADER SQUAD for you gals! I may not look good in a short skirt anymore (thank you, boy diet), but I am totally pulling for everyone like you can't imagine!!!! :cheerteam:

Aabroo, we are 3 days apart! Join the due in Nov club so we can pick each other's brains about how we are feeling and whatnot!

Will do that for you!!!!!!!!

TTC5
March 23rd, 2011, 06:48 PM
I hate the bsd. I did it religiously before I got preg in Aug '10 and as soon as I got the bfp I stopped and got the most excruciating heartburn that lasted till I miscarried at 13 wks. I started it again when I started swaying again and stopped it for a few days in the 2ww and oh the heartburn. I refuse to drink it now and quitting it hasn't affected my pH. I still get occasional heartburn, I've never had it before and hope it won't keep happening forever.

That doesn't sound good I am glad you stopped!

Kris217
March 23rd, 2011, 08:19 PM
You can get green tea tablets Kris too.

I think that will be my next option if the lemon juice doesn't help it any. I tried honey but that didn't work.

TTC5
March 23rd, 2011, 08:39 PM
I like to make a chilled green tea tastes much like the nestle iced teas =)

Just make a cuppa with two tea bags - I use coles brand cheaopo ones hehe and a dash or two of bottled lemon juice, let it cool down and drink.

3Pink1Blue
March 23rd, 2011, 09:48 PM
Omg so out of pure curiosity I checked my cm pH and it's 7.16! I have no idea how it got that high and I so don't care :bigsmile:

Kris217
March 23rd, 2011, 10:04 PM
Awesome!

TTC5
March 23rd, 2011, 10:07 PM
omg way to go Jen! Do you have a digital tester or just strips? wowee tell me the secret hehe

3Pink1Blue
March 23rd, 2011, 10:15 PM
omg way to go Jen! Do you have a digital tester or just strips? wowee tell me the secret hehe

I have low ionic strength so when I was swaying before I bought a Hanna (digital monitor). I'm honestly not sure why it's gone up, I figure it's either the green tea or the bacon lol

TTC5
March 23rd, 2011, 10:19 PM
Or your UTD ;)

I have low strength too dammit =(

3Pink1Blue
March 24th, 2011, 12:21 AM
UTD?

TTC5
March 24th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Up The Duff ... Pregnant lol

LolaInLove
March 24th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Lola when was your LMP date?Mine was 23rd Feb.and O date was 6th March.

I O'ed on March 9 (my LMP was 18 days before.....I O'ed late), so my EDD is Nov. 30, and that's from Fertility Friend, so accurate. You've got to be due on Nov. 27, right?

LolaInLove
March 24th, 2011, 09:51 AM

I dropped the BSD this time and just did ACV and ASG instead. I read Atomic's post about boy drinks, and agree with her, I don't think drinking loads of baking soda is a good thing for the body!

atomic sagebrush
March 24th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Anyway just be careful with it. This is called "rebound acid-reflux". Your body got so used to the BSD (which is an antacid) that it started drastically increasing production of stomach acid to compensate. When you stopped the BSD your body didn't know that for awhile so it kept overproducing acid. The problem that arises is the sphincter between your stomach and your esophagus can actually get "burned" by heartburn and not function normally any more so it can make you more prone to future heartburn, so you have to let it heal and that takes time. Just eat smaller meals, don't eat and drink at the same time, and don't lay down after eating. Protein actually helps quite a bit which is good for blue!!

3Pink1Blue
March 24th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Up The Duff ... Pregnant lol

Ah, not familiar with that one :rofl:

LolaInLove
March 24th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Up the Duff sounds like an American expression for up the butt!!!!

3Pink1Blue
March 24th, 2011, 11:31 AM
This is called "rebound acid-reflux". Your body got so used to the BSD (which is an antacid) that it started drastically increasing production of stomach acid to compensate. When you stopped the BSD your body didn't know that for awhile so it kept overproducing acid. The problem that arises is the sphincter between your stomach and your esophagus can actually get "burned" by heartburn and not function normally any more so it can make you more prone to future heartburn, so you have to let it heal and that takes time. Just eat smaller meals, don't eat and drink at the same time, and don't lay down after eating. Protein actually helps quite a bit which is good for blue!!

Exactly what I learned, I googled for hours trying to figure out what was up lol. Luckily the heartburn is rare now, maybe once a week, and so mild I don't even take a tums. Even if it guaranteed a boy I wouldn't do it again.
To clarify I was doing exactly what IG recommended, I never exceeded the maximum dose.

TTC5
March 24th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Up the Duff sounds like an American expression for up the butt!!!!

Bwa hahahahaha OMG LOL!!!

Must be an aussie term then? hehe

TTC5
March 25th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Morning ladies, how are we all doing?
What are your plans for this weekend?

Kris217
March 26th, 2011, 03:43 AM

Last night i had a high school reunion which was fun, my old,best friend came up from Tasmania so i spent the day with her today. Haven't seen her since 96 so that was nice. Then tomorrow we're having another reunion type BBQ in the park so everyones kids can play together.

TTC5
March 26th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Did you grow up in Tassie, Kris?

Kris217
March 27th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Did you grow up in Tassie, Kris?

Nope, my best friend from high school moved there in 1996 and came up for the reunion and heads back tomorrow.

LolaInLove
March 27th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Bwa hahahahaha OMG LOL!!!

Must be an aussie term then? hehe

I bet it is! I love other culture's slang terms!!

LolaInLove
March 27th, 2011, 11:25 AM

Been sitting around trying to get my house cleaned and shovel as much as possible into my food-hole! I am anxiously awaiting some bfps from some of you 2wwers......

babydes56
March 27th, 2011, 11:40 AM
♥ User Name babydes56
♥ Swaying Status: Swaying NOW!, O'd 21st Mar
♥ TTC DC # ....
♥ Your approach to blue sway: Alkaline diet, lots of potatoes, bananas, tomatoes, red meat, fruit & veg, dried apricots, raisins, orange juice, porridge or cereal in mornings

Chunksta
March 28th, 2011, 05:18 AM
hi girls
Sorry i haven't been on for a few days!!! This group is getting bigger YAY!!! and Yes i think UTD is a aussie slang( Theres a book called Up the Duff by Kaz Cook!!!!)..... hmm i could name a few other slangs!!!!!! DTD is also called" Wanna boot??" or "root?" lol sorry if i offended anyone!
How's the 2ww'ers?? Anymore BFP????? i am jelouse of you Lola but so happy for you too!!!! I am sitting at 8DPO and had a ( What i think is a ) triphasic pattern (Fingers crossed it is hahahha) Heres a link to my chart http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/22794e but who would know i will just wait and see!!! Its my first month of charting so im still learning!!!!! Hopefully ill be back sooner than last visit its hard keeping up, and having to read though everything to make sure i havent missed anything!!!!!

TTC5
March 28th, 2011, 05:33 AM
What does triphasic mean? x

Chunksta
March 28th, 2011, 05:50 AM
What does triphasic mean? x

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Triphasic-chart.html

Its when you have a rise in BBT it "can" mean implantation has occured

Chunksta
March 28th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Triphasic Pattern and Pregnancy (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Triphasic-Pattern-and-Pregnancy.html)

Heres another link which explains it aswell!!!!

TTC5
March 28th, 2011, 06:00 AM
I see... fx!!!!

Chunksta
March 28th, 2011, 06:02 AM
It's good to know for when you try in just over 2 months!!!!! Bet you are getting excited and you'll have everything down packed!!!!!

TTC5
March 28th, 2011, 06:05 AM
I hope so!!!!!!

begonia
March 30th, 2011, 02:50 PM
I'm in!
♥ User Name: Begonia (same from IG)
♥ Swaying Status: A moving target if ever there was one ... probably this fall.
♥ TTC DC # 3
♥ Your approach to blue sway: Umm, had NO idea there was such good research re: running = girls! I was running 40+ per week prior to my girl pg's, so cut that out and do weights and resistance, with a bit of light cardio. Diet approach is pretty much what Atomic rec's with lots of food and variety of nutrients. Trying to limit sweets and soda which is what I used to live on. Supps I do fish oil, folic, zinc and ACV daily. AF to O will do either BSD or ASG.

begonia
March 30th, 2011, 02:52 PM
And I have to say CONGRATS Lola!!! Here's to a healthy little one cooking in there :-)

ELP
March 30th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Welome over Begonia :)

TTC5
March 30th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Welcome Begonia :ttcboy:

Lola and Jen and anyone else waiting for a bfp, how are you ladies going?

How is everyone else :happy:

babydes56
March 30th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Welcome Begonia! I'm 9dpo & have been having cramps so am hoping it's something but at the same time trying not to get my hopes high. I'll be testing this weekend so will keep you all posted

3Pink1Blue
March 30th, 2011, 05:12 PM
BFN this morning but it's still early, 7 or 9 dpo. Still hopeful:happy:

begonia
March 30th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the welcome!!!

FX for you Babydes and 3PinkNeedBlue!

TTC5
March 30th, 2011, 06:15 PM
FX ladies!! Do you have any symptoms yet? :ttcboy::ttcboy:

Chunksta
March 30th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Morning ladies,
i got a BFN yesterday at 10DPO =( think Af is on its way... My temp is going down =(((((... a few cramps here and there, bit of nausea and stabbing pains in my left boob but thats it, i am not convinced and feel that im out this month!!!! But i guess its not over till AF shows!!!!

TTC5
March 30th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Bummer Chunksta!

skrimpy
March 30th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Welcome Begonia! I think your sway plan sounds good :)

Chunksta so sorry your temps are dropping :(

Chunksta
March 31st, 2011, 05:10 AM
yea me too right down to 35.99 and ive started getting blood tinged Cm (Sorry TMI) but i normally get AF full and heavy on day one.... oh and if it is AF then my LP is 11-12 days =( im going to go and check out my chart to see if i normally have a shortish LP... oh well FX for next month then i guess the psychic reading i had would be right LOL

TTC5
March 31st, 2011, 05:13 AM
Who did your reading? xx

tropicgal
March 31st, 2011, 05:42 AM
Hi everyone,

Can you add me too please?

*Tropicgal
*Swaying now ( well kind of....we started in Nov which resulted in a bfp straight away but unfortunately ended in a mmc and then after waiting one cycle we had a chemical) so onto April!!
*Approach is increasing meals and snacks (nuts, dried fruit and chips), inceasing salt and meat, drinking green tea, lemon water, v8 juice, orange juice daily, increasing weight training, taking pregnancy supps and extra folic acid, will take robitussan and ural before O.

Chunksta
March 31st, 2011, 06:13 AM
Rod Bradshaw from Gippsland Vic, Australia
He told me i would have a earth Star baby (born Virgo, Taurus and Capricorn)
So dec to jan is Capricorn :wink:
So we'll see.....

Chunksta
March 31st, 2011, 05:03 PM
Yep AF is here, Shattered!!!!!

3Pink1Blue
March 31st, 2011, 05:10 PM

Bummer, next month:luck:

LolaInLove
March 31st, 2011, 05:29 PM

Hey girl, sorry to hear that.....and don't be jealous of me, for crying out loud, it took me 8 months of this with a chemical thrown in there on my 35th birthday a couple of months ago to get to where I am now, which is only 5 weeks and still hoping and praying this one sticks! Don't be discouraged, as I painfully learned, it can take some time to get pg even if you had no trouble at all with your previous kids, especially with swaying, because I think it does throw your body out of whack a bit sometimes, but so worth it! I feel weird even saying this, because I was the bfn queen forever, but you'll get there, keep your chin up!!

And HEYYYYYYYYY BEGONIA!!! HOW ARE YOU?????

TTC5
March 31st, 2011, 07:20 PM
Welcome tropicgal - have added you on board!!

Sorry for the AF chunksta =(

skrimpy
March 31st, 2011, 07:23 PM

((hugs)) FX for you next month! For me adding in healthy fats and cod liver oil lengthened my short luteal phases :) Also slept w/ the room totally dark after O til the next month's O.

WMB
April 1st, 2011, 11:31 AM
hey I want to say good luck to all! Im not ttc yet...maybe in October or January...not sure...DH don't want to have another baby :-(

atomic sagebrush
April 1st, 2011, 12:16 PM
You and I are in the same boat WMB! DH said yes then he changed his mind so I'm just hoping he changes it back again! :/

begonia
April 1st, 2011, 02:41 PM
Oh Chunksta I'm sorry this wasn't your month :-( FX this month gets you that blue bfp!

Lola I am thrilled to see you're 5 weeks in and will keep FX this one sticks for you! Did you decide if you'll find out at u/s or wait for a surprise? I fell off the planet due to our selling our house and trying to find temp digs while we reno a new one. It's crazy time consuming which is why we are putting off TTC til fall ... maybe ;-) We thought about it this month but opted out, but might next month since I should O on our anniversary and how fun would that be?!?! Not that we'd ever tell that baby. How mortifying for that child, LOL! Anyhow, I REALLY felt so much more into the TW (thanks for that blog on IG, Atomic!) approach as it was, so this site is MUCH more my style. But I miss the CBBC!

Atomic and WMB I don't know how old your youngest ones are but my DH is *never* up for another until ours are nearly 2! He just likes the 1-2 age the best, so once they start rolling out of that stage he misses it and becomes more receptive to another. FX your fellas come around!

LolaInLove
April 1st, 2011, 05:07 PM
Hey, thanks, begonia! I will find out, DH really wants to. If he didn't, I may be more inclined to wait until birth because I am terrified of hearing girl at an u/s again and being upset about it. I want to enjoy this last pregnancy of mine. Anyway, I am currently trying to find ways to trick my mind into a nice peaceful place about it all. And to tell you the truth, it is a bit more emotionally difficult for me too because my ex and his wife will be probably pg any day now (she is younger than me, of course) and if they have a boy and I have a girl, I will absolutely DIE. I truly despise that man and if he gets a son and I don't, I think I will really lose it. So, that is kinda stupid but it is the reality of my life.

Begonia, so glad to hear you are going to start ttc again. I miss the CBBC also, but a few of us are still on the FB group and some here, too.

skrimpy
April 1st, 2011, 09:03 PM
Atomic and WMB I hope your hubbies change their minds :) Somebody said somewhere that they get their DH's to say "yes" to more babies by only letting them be around the kiddos where they are happy and sweeties... Mama did all the hard work :p I think it's a bit easier to do with babies than with the older ones!

begonia congrats on getting your house sold... I think an anniversary conception would be really sweet and of course you don't need to tell the bub :p Hopefully you feel all ready to go when you do TTC, and get a sweet little blue package. I agree that the TW makes so much sense for blue :)

Lola I was just where you are - trying to trick myself into being peaceful and content with the wait to find out. I must say it didn't really work well for me so no advice :p But I know how you feel about the ex and his wife! It grates on me to think about certain relatives getting a boy this year... it would burn so much more to think that the ex got what you wanted... When I had DD1 her bio-dad's ex (who he had broken up with just before he got me knocked up ... yeah, I was a smart cookie) had a baby boy at the same time. It really burned for awhile b/c I'd wanted a boy and here I'd see her dancing around showing off her son. Luckily I fell head over heels for DD and that took a lot of the sting out. But it still seemed really unfair.

I have FX that your little bean in there is a sweet blue bean :)

As for me I am filling my freezer this weekend by cooking some entrees in advance for this little pink bean and really hoping that the GD will stop being as hard as it has been the past few days. So rooting for you ladies that your blue dreams come true :D

3Pink1Blue
April 1st, 2011, 10:32 PM
And to tell you the truth, it is a bit more emotionally difficult for me too because my ex and his wife will be probably pg any day now (she is younger than me, of course) and if they have a boy and I have a girl, I will absolutely DIE. I truly despise that man and if he gets a son and I don't, I think I will really lose it. So, that is kinda stupid but it is the reality of my life.

Omg I so get this, when my loser bil knocked up his bitchier then bitchy gf I was terrified it would be a boy therefore proving there is no justice in this world. Luckily they had a girl and I have restored faith lol

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2011, 09:56 AM
Thanks Begonia! I am OLD so it's kinda now or never, I think that's a big part of why I get so panicky about it. I jsut have to get to a place of peace and let whatever will be, be! I have to live vicariously through all of you guys!

Lola and skrimpy, (((hugs))). This all sucks, I wish we could just order our babies up but then again, I wouldn't have ordered my last two little guys so maybe that's all for the best!

begonia
April 2nd, 2011, 03:11 PM
Atomic ITA that while sometimes I wish I could just "choose" a son I really, really am glad it isn't my decision or I never would have had either of my daughters. And that is why I have no interest in going high tech.... my ladies are hands down the best things in my life! In fact part of me wonders sometimes if I really DO want a boy now because I just love my girls to bits. In all honestly I think a big part of it for me is wanting to "prove" to all the people who smirk and say I'll have a 3rd girl that they are wrong. Not that I'm competitive or type A or anything like that ;-)

Lola the whole Ex thing just sucks! I wish he would move far, far away. FX he gets triplet girls :-) I know that would burn for him given his reaction to your 2 girl pregnancies. I think you're sweet to honor DH's request to find out, since this is his first. How fun for him. That has to make it really fun for you, too! FX it is a blue bundle and there isn't any reason to even worry about gd.

Oh Skrimpy I hope the GD eases up love! It's just such a tough thing to deal with. Do you have any friends IRL who identify? You're so smart to be cooking in advance!

3Pink your post made me LOL :-) Think I saw it is your bday! Happy happy birthday!

3Pink1Blue
April 2nd, 2011, 06:43 PM
Thanks Begonia, glad I could give you a chuckle:kiss:

TTC5
April 2nd, 2011, 09:18 PM
Hi girls!!
Will do personals later, too much happening on the home front.

Take a look at my chart? Huge temp rise this morning and getting sharp pangs on my left side?!!! No EWCM but very watery..

ETA so it seems a little ewcm tinged with a bit of spotting... hmmmm only CD 12 though :S

TTC5
April 3rd, 2011, 04:44 AM
I have no idea whats happening, either I have missed the surge and O heaps earlier this cycle or I am going to O later??!!!

No + opk or even close to!??? This time the last two cycles I had opk's heaps darker =(

Although I have not tested much this cycle as i was waiting for day 12/13..

WMB
April 3rd, 2011, 10:36 AM
Atomic and WMB I hope your hubbies change their minds Somebody said somewhere that they get their DH's to say "yes" to more babies by only letting them be around the kiddos where they are happy and sweeties... Mama did all the hard work
OMG OMG This is what Im doing and guess what??? DH said yes just yesterday!!! The baby was crawling to him and he said "oh if Im looking at her she is so cute who wouldn't want another one? " So I was like ok maybe we can try one more in Oct. or so? And he said yeah we can...
I think he like that I don't want to start right now.
Ok so yeah cool...now I don't know what to do! When to start the diet and so? My Ph is very hard to move up...help??

WMB
April 3rd, 2011, 10:41 AM
ttc5 I don't think you O'd yet. I always have O pains before O too and not on O. I guess best to use the smiley face opk no guessing on that one.

atomic sagebrush
April 3rd, 2011, 02:40 PM
OMG OMG This is what Im doing and guess what??? DH said yes just yesterday!!! The baby was crawling to him and he said "oh if Im looking at her she is so cute who wouldn't want another one? " So I was like ok maybe we can try one more in Oct. or so? And he said yeah we can...
I think he like that I don't want to start right now.
Ok so yeah cool...now I don't know what to do! When to start the diet and so? My Ph is very hard to move up...help??

Yay congrats! Good work on that!

Oct. would be perfect to try (do you live in the Northern Hemisphere??) because some people think that is a boy-friendly month!

I would start lifting weights and eating more protein NOW and build up some muscles!! It's good you have so much time in advance.

atomic sagebrush
April 3rd, 2011, 02:41 PM
I have no idea whats happening, either I have missed the surge and O heaps earlier this cycle or I am going to O later??!!!

No + opk or even close to!??? This time the last two cycles I had opk's heaps darker =(

Although I have not tested much this cycle as i was waiting for day 12/13..

Hmmm...it may jsut be one of those things. I trust the OPK more than I trust temping. I bet you'll get a positive very soon!

begonia
April 3rd, 2011, 03:00 PM
Hooray WMB! That is great news :-)

TTC5, I'm with Atomic on the OPK > than temping. Temps can be wacky based on so many things. I bet you'll O later. Keep POAS! You know you like it ;-)

WMB
April 3rd, 2011, 04:10 PM
Nooo where I live is almost always warm. I wonder if this winter/summer thing only apply for the 4 season places??

3Pink1Blue
April 3rd, 2011, 07:15 PM
I'm out this month, on to next month. I've considered abandoning temping too, I'm good with the opk's just so done stressing about it. I know stress sways boy but I'm a naturally laid back person and am getting sick of causing myself stress all the time. I know dh is fed up with a stressed out wife.

3Pink1Blue
April 3rd, 2011, 07:17 PM
Nooo where I live is almost always warm. I wonder if this winter/summer thing only apply for the 4 season places??

I don't think seasons matter at all or there would be regions with no boys and regions with no girls.

begonia
April 3rd, 2011, 10:04 PM
3PNB I hope next month is a VBFP (VERY! BFP) for you. I never temp. Just OPK and check CM, and I'm pretty clockwork so not sure temping would do anything but stress me out. And I'm with you on the seasons thing. I occasionally fret about what month we might be due and then realize that I can easily name roughly equal numbers of boys and girls born in that month.

3Pink1Blue
April 3rd, 2011, 11:04 PM
Well all the sudden I'm not so sure I am out anymore. It's been about 4 hrs since the initial pink sighting and as of my last bathroom visit it's all done. I'm nearly completely clean! We'll see what morning holds but keep your fx crossed for me.

TTC5
April 4th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Oh I hope so guys, opks are not showing anything?!!! Could I be o'ing later? I wonder what was cause that :S

tropicgal
April 4th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Ttc5, i have to admit i am with the others when it comes to pinpointing o , i too just rely on cm and opk. I often think back to atomics article on swaying the "kitchen sink" way or the "mellow yellow" etc. There is just soooooo much to address when swaying and decided that i' d skip on the temping thing. Hopefully it sorts itself out soon , but you are not trying for a few months is that correct?

3pnb, wow that could be promising! Hopefully it is just a bean making itself nice and comfy in there! Is it my imagination or is there a high number of swayers that get spotting? I wonder if it is indeed an increase and if it is due to hormone levels or something??

3Pink1Blue
April 4th, 2011, 11:04 AM
False alarm, no doubt about it af this morning. ugh I hate my body and it's perpetual need to screw with me:sigh:

LolaInLove
April 4th, 2011, 12:53 PM
False alarm, no doubt about it af this morning. ugh I hate my body and it's perpetual need to screw with me:sigh:

Oh, sorry girl!!! FWIW, I quit temping too, then idiotically tried to pick it up after Oing so I could go by temps and not poas, but alas, it was too stressful again. I say screw temping if it not easy for you.

LauraInTexas
April 4th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Hello!I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.
I've been TTC BLUE since December. I think we had a miscarriage in January and
no hpt + the other months.
I hope this month works!
I've been on InGender a long time, but the site was rarely working.
The people were really nice and informative, though--I miss them!
I look forward to getting to know you guys.

LauraInTexas
April 4th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Oops! I should have submitted this in the correct format:
♥ Your approach to blue sway: Basically everything possible....all the supplements, eating the boy foods diet, upping sodium and potassium, cutting out as much dairy, magnesium, and calcium as possible. No cardio, weight lifting. We're also doing one of the high tech at home methods---MSU. Our attempts are going well...seeing lots of sperm and almost all XY after sorting. I'm older---35, so it may not be helping to limit sperm availability overall.

My3girls
April 4th, 2011, 03:43 PM
My3girls
TTC DC #4
Your approach to blue sway: banana, potatoes, avocados, lots of red meat, lemon water, fa,fish oil, potassium, vit e, Garlic, bbt, opk, and I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff too!

LolaInLove
April 4th, 2011, 04:59 PM
HI Girls! Laura, I'm 35 also....several of us are in our mid to late thirties, so never hurts to try for a while before assuming the sorting is hurting your chances. GL!!! (I'm the Blue Squad Cheerleader! :bigsmile:)

:BabyBoy::fingers:

TTC5
April 4th, 2011, 06:21 PM
My3girls
TTC DC #4

Welcome!! I added you to our list!

TTC5
April 4th, 2011, 06:21 PM
♥ Your approach to blue sway: Basically everything possible....all the supplements, eating the boy foods diet, upping sodium and potassium, cutting out as much dairy, magnesium, and calcium as possible. No cardio, weight lifting. We're also doing one of the high tech at home methods---MSU. Our attempts are going well...seeing lots of sperm and almost all XY after sorting. I'm older---35, so it may not be helping to limit sperm availability overall.

Welcome!! Your details have been added =)

TTC5
April 4th, 2011, 06:22 PM

So sorry Jen, big hugs xxx

TTC5
April 4th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Ttc5, i have to admit i am with the others when it comes to pinpointing o , i too just rely on cm and opk. I often think back to atomics article on swaying the "kitchen sink" way or the "mellow yellow" etc. There is just soooooo much to address when swaying and decided that i' d skip on the temping thing. Hopefully it sorts itself out soon , but you are not trying for a few months is that correct?

3pnb, wow that could be promising! Hopefully it is just a bean making itself nice and comfy in there! Is it my imagination or is there a high number of swayers that get spotting? I wonder if it is indeed an increase and if it is due to hormone levels or something??

We try in around 1-2 cycles away!! EEK it is soooo close now!!! I wonder.. the last 2 nights my temps rose, we had 2 kids in the bed with us lol perhaps that made my temps higher?? Today, no kids and temp back down low again?? But why would I not be o'ing by now??????

skrimpy
April 4th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Lola and skrimpy, (((hugs))). This all sucks, I wish we could just order our babies up but then again, I wouldn't have ordered my last two little guys so maybe that's all for the best!

I know what you mean - I sometimes wish I could just pick with certainty for every one of them, and all the gals wanting pink get what they want - but then I know that I adore each of my kids for who they are and wouldn't trade them for the world!

skrimpy
April 4th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Hi to all the new gals - I've been MIA a couple days b/c I was filling up my freezer before our pink bean arrives :)

TTC5 I don't think you've O'd yet! What a weird temp jump! Not being nosy, but did you have a glass of wine or cocktail the night before those two temp jumps? That can make some women have a higher temp the next morning.

WMB - yay on your hubby saying yes to another!

3PNB - so sorry about AF showing her ugly face :( Hopefully next month you get a sticky blue bean!

begonia
April 4th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Oh man 3PNB, I know you're used to that BFP month #1 so this has got to be extra hard for you :-( I'm already trying to prep myself NOT to expect a BFP month 1 just b/c I've had it 2x before (well...#1 was while I was on BCP) ... but it is hard. I know I'll be shocked to find I don't fall pg quickly if that is the case, and I am sure you're wondering WTH is going on. One would think boy-swaying would make us MORE likely to get pg due to it being full of "healthy" things, but man, it seems like it messes with us girl-moms who usually get pg easily.

Well ladies I bought NYF today and double-yuck! I don't like them at all; I adore v8 hot and spicy (funny, b/c pre boy-sway I would NEVER have had a drink with calories in it!) so dumped them in there and managed to chug it down. Bleck. DH is out of town tonight and I never sleep well with him gone so I am chugging beer to hopefully ease my nerves, and maybe that beer yeast will be good?!?! LOL. I have several months (unless we get all crazy spontaneous ... ) til we try, so I'm not too crazy about it now. If we manage to wait 'til fall I will likely be pretty good on the diet 6 weeks prior. But now? Now I focus on upping the good, and just try to make the "bad" an infrequent occurence. Like the ice cream tonight ;-) At least it was full fat...

Oh hey, so on the TW theory business, WTH with Rachel ... oh goodness what is her last name, fashion lady ... Rachel ZOE! Rachel Zoe having a boy?!? I mean have you seen her?!? She looks like she hasn't had any fat in her diet since 1976. But the exception proves the rule I suppose ... or so they say.

Chunksta
April 5th, 2011, 03:43 AM
Hi ladies
:welcome: to all the newbies!!!!

3PNB sorry about Af stupid witch!!

TTC5 cant believe how quick its come around only a few more cycles to go :fingers:
AFM........ ( sorry need to vent ive also posted this to my blog in BH)
What a s***y day . i went to the doc today and told her its been 7+ months TTC and i have a 10day LP i asked if she could recommend anything to lengthen it and she said no i asked about progesterone cream and she said no its only for ppl who have low levels it does not help with TTC, she didnt know anything about LP she didnt even know what it was, i felt like a fool for talking about it. she tried to tell me that once the sperm meets the egg you are pregnant:rofl:!! i said no the fertilized egg needs to implant into the uterus lining and then you are pregnant and that takes 7-10 days therefore if my LP is short there isnt enough time for it to implant even if an egg has fertilized!
i mangaed to get a blood test and had that done today but she just refused everything else telling me i was young (im 25) that it will happen and that ive got 2 other children and it will happen soon.and tried to tell me that once ive Ovulated that the sperm need to be in close range for it to happened.... Well DURRRR ( i wonder how she became a doctor, she had no idea about what i was asking of her) i asked about pre seed once again- No F***ing idea what i was on about, i dont even know if i can get that in Australia? im wondering if can i get the progesterone cream from the chemist without a prescription? i wont be going back to her again!!!!!
i feel like im in a rut as my AF has stopped today and im trying to get everything ready for my next O day..Ive still got to go and get some Vit B6 and maybe some vit D as well, i sleep in a dark room as suggested by others, im just hoping that for the cycle my LP was 10 days and this cycle i will O on cd14 and not cd17 or cd18 =(:sigh:
Still charting my temp and taking fish oil and folic acid, looking into other supps vit b6 vit d:sad:

3Pink1Blue
April 5th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Oh man 3PNB, I know you're used to that BFP month #1 so this has got to be extra hard for you :-( I'm already trying to prep myself NOT to expect a BFP month 1 just b/c I've had it 2x before (well...#1 was while I was on BCP) ... but it is hard. I know I'll be shocked to find I don't fall pg quickly if that is the case, and I am sure you're wondering WTH is going on. One would think boy-swaying would make us MORE likely to get pg due to it being full of "healthy" things, but man, it seems like it messes with us girl-moms who usually get pg easily.

Yep I've always been a first month girl, even with my sway baby last Aug I got preg 1st time with a 1 time bd on O. This sucks a lot extra because of that.

WMB
April 5th, 2011, 04:59 PM

Hey Laura welcome! Im new here too and also thinking of MSU...hmmm but no one is doing it here and there is no info about it at all.:sad:

WMB
April 5th, 2011, 05:06 PM
begonia: you can buy NYF in a pill form . That is what im going to do because I hate tasting all this drinks and sups.

TTC5
April 5th, 2011, 05:37 PM
begonia: you can buy NYF in a pill form . That is what im going to do because I hate tasting all this drinks and sups.

Oh really? Where can I find these?

TTC5
April 5th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Hi to all the new gals - I've been MIA a couple days b/c I was filling up my freezer before our pink bean arrives :)

TTC5 I don't think you've O'd yet! What a weird temp jump! Not being nosy, but did you have a glass of wine or cocktail the night before those two temp jumps? That can make some women have a higher temp the next morning.

WMB - yay on your hubby saying yes to another!

3PNB - so sorry about AF showing her ugly face :( Hopefully next month you get a sticky blue bean!

Nope, I don't drink. Temps going down this is confusing any chance I did O do you think?

TTC5
April 5th, 2011, 05:39 PM
We have finished daylight savings could this be screwing with my body?

TTC5
April 5th, 2011, 08:25 PM
What a weird cycle for me! So had no fade in's at all but this morning had a near + opk!!!!!

3Pink1Blue
April 5th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Woohoo ttc5, finally!

TTC5
April 6th, 2011, 02:52 AM
Yep come tonight/tomorrow it will be a definate

babydes56
April 6th, 2011, 08:23 AM
16dpo & still waiting for AF, it will probably be here in the next 2 days. I have long cycles. So i have decided to give myself a break from trying this month & will think about next month too. Am reluctant to have a Jan/Feb baby

WMB
April 6th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Oh really? Where can I find these?

I just google it...:p
like here is a bunch (http://www.google.com/search?q=nutrisus+yeat+flakes&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=nutritional+yeast+pills&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=g29&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=ZXqcTeCCHISbtwf8lKizBw&ved=0CDYQrQQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=27105db9f40b6df9)

LolaInLove
April 6th, 2011, 10:48 AM
TTC5, I bet you didn't O yet, so FX it is coming now!!! Are you going for it?

Babydes, still holding out massive amounts of hope that the next few go rounds will yeild a little bean....that Clomid has got to work for you! IKWYM about Jan/Feb babies in the UK (or anywhere that its freezing cold that time of year!)....I am a Jan girl and I hate having my b-day then....always got the combo gifts and no one wants to party anymore then.

The NYF might be the grossest drink of them all....I even got to not totally dislike the Bragg's ACV with a bit of Stevia in it. Go for a supp form, I say!

LolaInLove
April 6th, 2011, 10:50 AM
What a weird cycle for me! So had no fade in's at all but this morning had a near + opk!!!!!

Your chart looks pretty classic for pre-O....just keep taking those OPKS, because you might get a definitely + or darker one later, meaning your surge is likely to be a bit later than starting right now, kwim?

atomic sagebrush
April 7th, 2011, 08:31 AM
I wanted to pop in for a sec to :cheerteam: and :luck: let everyone know that my husband has just started a new work schedule so I haven't forgotten you guys, just trying to adjust to having him breathing down my neck all the time LOL! I had to get up at 3:30 this morning just to have enough time to answer questions!:worry: Hopefully once the novelty wears off I will be a lot less entertaining!!

begonia
April 7th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Oh goodness Atomic! He is working days now, right? FX he comes around for baby #5 :-)

babydes56
April 7th, 2011, 03:11 PM
TTC5, I bet you didn't O yet, so FX it is coming now!!! Are you going for it?

Babydes, still holding out massive amounts of hope that the next few go rounds will yeild a little bean....that Clomid has got to work for you! IKWYM about Jan/Feb babies in the UK (or anywhere that its freezing cold that time of year!)....I am a Jan girl and I hate having my b-day then....always got the combo gifts and no one wants to party anymore then.

The NYF might be the grossest drink of them all....I even got to not totally dislike the Bragg's ACV with a bit of Stevia in it. Go for a supp form, I say!

Lola, thanks for the support. My brother was born in Jan & i've seen how unlucky his bithday is so that's why i've decided to give trying a miss for this month. I hope the clomid works me, i'm sure it will when it's the right time

LolaInLove
April 7th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Lola, thanks for the support. My brother was born in Jan & i've seen how unlucky his bithday is so that's why i've decided to give trying a miss for this month. I hope the clomid works me, i'm sure it will when it's the right time

Although I will say....and this was my approach....that I'm too old to be skipping months because it would be a bad time of year to have a baby, kwim? But, that is up to you and DH, and your doctor, too, sort of. I was wondering if they would want you to keep on the Clomid straight through for 6 months, as I know you can only do 6 months of it? BUT it is also nice to take a breather month....mine after the m/c was nice because it gave me time to take the supps straight through with no 2ww and I felt really good about our sway the next month, which was the clincher for us finally. All that being said, if you need a break, take one, I know they are good for you. XOXO!!!

LolaInLove
April 7th, 2011, 04:22 PM
I wanted to pop in for a sec to :cheerteam: and :luck: let everyone know that my husband has just started a new work schedule so I haven't forgotten you guys, just trying to adjust to having him breathing down my neck all the time LOL! I had to get up at 3:30 this morning just to have enough time to answer questions!:worry: Hopefully once the novelty wears off I will be a lot less entertaining!!

LOL enjoy your DH (as much as you can!)....thanks for your support, as always!!!

TTC5
April 7th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Shall update the list later today guys, a quick hello to let you know i am alive, LOL just SUPER busy!!! xoxoxox
Personals later also xxxxx

skrimpy
April 7th, 2011, 08:20 PM
TTC5 your chart looks promising for O, esp coupled with your + OPK!

Aww I have to disagree with you gals on the Jan/Feb bdays... I think that it would be so nice to have a snuggly little newborn during the colder months. But as a kid I always wanted pool parties and being a March baby I didn't have that. So I know what you mean about the cold month bdays being a drag too ;) Our DC4 is an Oct. bday and I really like that - it's still pretty pleasant in Oct for the bday, but I also had a small baby to snuggle during the coldest of the months. By the time babe was up and crawling about it was warmer again :D

Atomic, I know what you mean about the schedule being disrupted when DH is home. I love having my sweetie around but I don't feel like I ever get as much accomplished when he's home from work!

Chunksta
April 7th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Hey TTC5
just wondering if i could Update mine pretty pretty please
♥ Chunksta
♥ TTC DC # 2 DD
♥ Your approach to blue sway: The alkaline diet. Red meat, vegies and fruit lots of potatoes, anything with tomato's and banana's, orange and apple juice, drinking lots of water,Charting BBT and OPK,Taking folic acid and fish oil,Vit B6, BSF and BS bath's. Robitussin leading up to O, pre-seed and having a Rose Quartz stone with me and under my pillow when sleeping

thanks heaps,
How is everyone ????
h

TTC5
April 8th, 2011, 01:56 AM
Sure, will do now x

TTC5
April 8th, 2011, 01:57 AM
Well I noticed no EWCM this month?!!!! Did not take any robistussin though... but had lots of watery??

TTC5
April 8th, 2011, 01:58 AM
I just google it...:p
like here is a bunch (http://www.google.com/search?q=nutrisus+yeat+flakes&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=nutritional+yeast+pills&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=g29&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=ZXqcTeCCHISbtwf8lKizBw&ved=0CDYQrQQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=27105db9f40b6df9)

Cheers! Did not know you could get it in capsule/tablet form! xx

SpicyTunaSushi
April 8th, 2011, 03:42 AM
Can I join this thread? We are going to try this month! We have a lovely DD and want a DS! We have been on the diet for 8 weeks now and going strong. I just need some support and a place to ask questions if things get confusing. :)

ELP
April 8th, 2011, 03:49 AM
Welcome to the blue squad Tuna xx

SpicyTunaSushi
April 8th, 2011, 05:52 AM
♥ User Name: SpicyTunaSushi
♥ Swaying Status: Swaying NOW!
♥ TTC DC # 2
♥ Your approach to blue sway: High Potassium/Na diet, low mg/ca, ACV, BSD, DH models diet too. Meat, no dairy or sweets. Lemon water, Pineapple juice with gelatin Supplements: FA, Fish Oil, Vit E, Zinc, RJ Cycling to work (slow pace- but good leg workout for muscles), Will use eggwhites, monitoring pH, Robitussin at O, BBT, OPK. Just finished BFing- but have had 3 ovulation cycles already.

LolaInLove
April 8th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Hello Tuna! Or should we make your nickname Spicy? :wave: Welcome to Team Blue. Glad you are here!

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Can I join this thread? We are going to try this month! We have a lovely DD and want a DS! We have been on the diet for 8 weeks now and going strong. I just need some support and a place to ask questions if things get confusing. :)

Congrats on 8 weeks of dieting and welcome!!

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Oh goodness Atomic! He is working days now, right? FX he comes around for baby #5 :-)

Yes, he's on days for the first time in 15 years, so very different. He also now works 3 days with 4 days off...soooo much togetherness.....

begonia
April 8th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Skrimpy I really would LOVE an October baby and that is what I have my fingers crossed for getting! I have a Nov DD and a May DD. I liked the timing of the pg with the May one b/c by the time it got so hot out I wasn't pg anymore, but then had to keep her in all summer which was no fun for my older DD. And with May she's one of the youngest kids in her grade. I like my Nov (Nov 30th, Lola!) bday with the only downside being it is close to Christmas. But so far DD loves it b/c she feels like there is so much going on then, with her Dad's bday, and T'giving, then hers, then Christmas .... she thinks it is just the best time of year :-)

So TTC5 I might have missed it but did you finally get the +OPK? I need to start taking them again. Have been like clockwork for months and since we aren't TTC right now I quit taking them, but then this cycle is really short suddenly! Like 24 days and I am normally 27-28 like clockwork. So I think I'm going to monitor myself more closely again.

Welcome SpicyTuna! What a fun name :-)

I'm normally a total optimist but yesterday got me so bummed out and feeling like I'm going to have another girl. A friend who has a boy found out she's having a girl with her current pg and it just really made me feel like it's just all up to luck, since she didn't sway at all, and here she is having one of each. Meanwhile I have changed like, EVERYTHING I can about my diet and lifestyle and I feel like it doesn't really matter. I know I'll snap back out of it but today I'm feeling like we shouldn't even TTC again :-( But I know we will b/c boy or girl I do want a third child. I just really, really want it to be a boy! DH really doesn't care at all (he isn't swaying) and I wish I could be more like him.

begonia
April 8th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Yes, he's on days for the first time in 15 years, so very different. He also now works 3 days with 4 days off...soooo much togetherness.....

LOL to sooo much togetherness :-)

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Skrimpy I really would LOVE an October baby and that is what I have my fingers crossed for getting! I have a Nov DD and a May DD. I liked the timing of the pg with the May one b/c by the time it got so hot out I wasn't pg anymore, but then had to keep her in all summer which was no fun for my older DD. And with May she's one of the youngest kids in her grade. I like my Nov (Nov 30th, Lola!) bday with the only downside being it is close to Christmas. But so far DD loves it b/c she feels like there is so much going on then, with her Dad's bday, and T'giving, then hers, then Christmas .... she thinks it is just the best time of year :-)

So TTC5 I might have missed it but did you finally get the +OPK? I need to start taking them again. Have been like clockwork for months and since we aren't TTC right now I quit taking them, but then this cycle is really short suddenly! Like 24 days and I am normally 27-28 like clockwork. So I think I'm going to monitor myself more closely again.

I'm normally a total optimist but yesterday got me so bummed out and feeling like I'm going to have another girl. A friend who has a boy found out she's having a girl with her current pg and it just really made me feel like it's just all up to luck, since she didn't sway at all, and here she is having one of each. Meanwhile I have changed like, EVERYTHING I can about my diet and lifestyle and I feel like it doesn't really matter. I know I'll snap back out of it but today I'm feeling like we shouldn't even TTC again :-( But I know we will b/c boy or girl I do want a third child. I just really, really want it to be a boy! DH really doesn't care at all (he isn't swaying) and I wish I could be more like him.

Stay strong! You ahve just as much chance at a boy as anyone has, and even more because you know about swaying. Sending you out all the blue dust I have (which is a LOT!!)

begonia
April 8th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks so much, Atomic! :-)

LolaInLove
April 8th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I'm with you on that sentiment, Begonia.....you know I had many bummed days, especially with lots of bfns in there. Atomic is right, we have BETTER chances of getting our dg now with swaying. Hugs and keep your chin up!!!!

3Pink1Blue
April 8th, 2011, 02:35 PM
I've gone through it too Begonia. I sway so I know that if I get another girl it is completely out of my hands. Hold strong and you'll either get your boy or peace of mind :wink:

TTC5
April 8th, 2011, 04:47 PM

Welcome!!

TTC5
April 8th, 2011, 04:51 PM

I did yep on cd 16 (i think) x hairs this morning. This cycle was so weird though... no fade ins and o PICKED UP on the day of the only + OPK - is this even possible??

begonia
April 8th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Ah, I love me some blue-sway-support-groups :-) Thanks ladies. ITA that if anything being a little blue about it (haha, no pun intended) has really made me up my game in terms of sticking to diet and supps. I was kinda itching to get pregnant and thinking we might try sooner rather than later, but I've really decided I want a solid 3 months of diet and tracking my cycle again (I haven't since Jan) so that IF we end up with another pink bundle at least we know she was meant to be.

Although the last thing I need is another strong-willed daughter ;-) I was thinking to myself that what with their personalities and their diets (both eat cherry tomatoes like candy) that I'm going to be well set to enjoy some grandsons :-)

TTC5 that is crazy?!? I have no idea about that crazy cycle!

3Pink1Blue
April 8th, 2011, 07:44 PM
I did yep on cd 16 (i think) x hairs this morning. This cycle was so weird though... no fade ins and o PICKED UP on the day of the only + OPK - is this even possible??

I don't really fade in till the day of the +, it's light mid morning and solid + mid afternoon and according to FF I tend to O right after the +opk getting a temp dip the morning after. So I'd say yes it's very possible.

TTC5
April 8th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Jen so when do you think is best to dtd? Do you go that night of + opk?

TTC5
April 8th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Oh and if stress sways blue I must be in for a definate boy hahahahahaha :think:

This past week omg!!!!!

SpicyTunaSushi
April 9th, 2011, 04:07 AM
Hi,

I think Spicy suits me better than Tuna, lol. So, I am going to a baby shower today and food is always girl friendly- lots of sweets and breads, etc. I just stay busy chasing my DD- always a good plan! :)

SpicyTunaSushi
April 9th, 2011, 04:09 AM
Speaking of- what do you gals do/or say when you are at friends house? Do you fess up or do you just avoid some foods? I guess you could always load everything with salt!

Chunksta
April 9th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Speaking of- what do you gals do/or say when you are at friends house? Do you fess up or do you just avoid some foods? I guess you could always load everything with salt!

LOL you could just say you are trying to watch your weight....

SpicyTunaSushi
April 9th, 2011, 08:51 AM
I basically stay busy chasing DD so I don't have time to think about it. I had a few grapes and they had sandwiches with proscuitto and tomato- yum!

3Pink1Blue
April 9th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Jen so when do you think is best to dtd? Do you go that night of + opk?

yep night of the +.

3Pink1Blue
April 9th, 2011, 11:02 AM

Stick to what's allowed or eat nothing at all if your close to your O date. If you aren't trying for a few weeks I really don't think one little cheat will hurt anything.

SpicyTunaSushi
April 9th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Thanks 3Pink. Anyone out there finding the magnesium range difficult? I eat mostly IG diet stuff and I still am outside of the range, but well within the calcium, potassium, and sodium range.

I feel like it is coming from fruit- like apples, bananas, and dates, and really helpful things like avocado. I do want to continue to eat those things!

begonia
April 9th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Spicy I was actually all curious just now about my magnesium levels and bookmarked this as a handy reference for the high/med/low mag foods. I'm not super concerned about staying w/in IG levels, but I do want my levels of mg/ca to be low relative to my k/na. Here's the link in case it helps someone else:
http://www.centerformaged.org/index.php?page=Magnesium+Density+in+Foods

With regard to being out and eating around others I feel like the TW approach is so much less restrictive that I haven't spent time fretting over it. We're going out to dinner tonight, brunch tomorrow ... we eat out frequently with friends so at least for me I just can't be super restricted. I do think that in the Af-O before our attempt I will likely be pretty strict and just try to avoid tough situations! Or plead a stomach bug ;-)

TTC5
April 9th, 2011, 08:25 PM
So annoying my FF CHART has now taken away my cross hairs?!!!! =(

begonia
April 9th, 2011, 08:48 PM
WTH TTC5?!? Has it ever done that before? I know you mentioned how stressed this week has been so maybe FF is trying to jump in that party ;-) I'm not a FF user but I bet someone else will be able to chime in!

TTC5
April 9th, 2011, 08:49 PM
no idea... I put in my temp for this morning and it had dipped down again so my XH's went =(

Gah this cycle is so funny... either my hormones are changing or it is all stress related. I have also come with with a head cold??

begonia
April 9th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Thank goodness you weren't counting on this month to TTC! FX next month is a bit easier on you!

TTC5
April 9th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Yes I say! I have one more cycle to track and then we can try! Although the closer it is getting the more nervous I feel lol

3Pink1Blue
April 9th, 2011, 09:48 PM
And that is why I've stopped temping, so much stress.

TTC5
April 9th, 2011, 11:05 PM
And that is why I've stopped temping, so much stress.

Do you find it better not temping? I worry that if I don't I would give myself as accurate a sway as I possibly can =(

3Pink1Blue
April 10th, 2011, 11:07 AM
I temp'd long enough to get an idea of when I O, I know it happens 18-24 hrs after the +. I'm not going for the 1 shot on O day anymore. We are dtd the night of the + and the next night as well. I feel more confident we'll catch egg that way and since my cm doesn't even start going creamy till 2 days after the + I know things are still boy friendly.

begonia
April 10th, 2011, 03:48 PM
TTC5 I get super nervous when I think about ACTUALLY having an attempt!!! I think b/c once I am pg, then the sway is over and it is officially out of my control. At least right now I feel like I have some teeny tiny ability to "control" this. Not that I'm type A ;-)

Jen I'm with you - my O is pretty much 18-24 hours after that first +OPK. I plan to BD 2 days prior to O and on or just before O, depending on how it all works out. I'm not going with the one shot deal either, but I read a ton of the studies on timing in humans and am personally unconvinced that it has anything to do with it.

What is everyone having for protein in the am? Bacon and eggs are the obvious choices but I'm wondering if there is something else out there.

Aqua
April 10th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Begonia!!!!! Sweetie where have you been? I missed you. I so remember your attempt start was April. Are ya still going in April? And I'd def say that BD on o-2 and on O is a good plan. As for morning breakfast try to add cereal which has high protien. I found the K and Kashi one did have good protien with less surgar and 0 calcium. I agree that timing has nothing to do with it. But it's good to have. All the very best to you and everyone.

begonia
April 10th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Hi Aqua!!!! I missed you too and am so glad to see you here! I fell off IG mostly due to frustration, like so many others, and things got hectic with selling our house and trying to find something temp to live in while we remodel another one. I couldn't keep up with FB either so just kind of lost touch for a couple months but knew I'd be back :-) You are right, we were going to start in April, but have put it off AGAIN b/c we are waiting to get a good idea of when we'll be able to move in the new one ... I wouldn't mind moving with a newborn but I don't want to move when I'm 9 months pregnant, KWIM?

How are you feeling?!?! Did you have an NT scan? Will you find out? Have you told DD yet about the new sibling on the way? And what is the status of your job hunting?

begonia
April 10th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Oh and thank you for the cereal tips! I used to eat the Kashi Go Lean crunch all the time! I should get some more of that.

TTC5
April 10th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Hi ladies, we it seems cross hairs have come back after this morning temp added in..

LolaInLove
April 11th, 2011, 08:48 AM

I would eat beforehand or just choose the food that is diet-friendly, kinda like if I was on an actual diet to lose weight. Only my best friend knows about the swaying stuff.....

LolaInLove
April 11th, 2011, 08:49 AM
I temp'd long enough to get an idea of when I O, I know it happens 18-24 hrs after the +. I'm not going for the 1 shot on O day anymore. We are dtd the night of the + and the next night as well. I feel more confident we'll catch egg that way and since my cm doesn't even start going creamy till 2 days after the + I know things are still boy friendly.

My sentiments exactly!

LolaInLove
April 11th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Oh and thank you for the cereal tips! I used to eat the Kashi Go Lean crunch all the time! I should get some more of that.

Oatmeal is a good choice, too.

And yea, I wanna know about Aqua's NT scan, too!

Aqua
April 11th, 2011, 10:08 AM
3PinkNeedBlue, totally agree on your BD timing along with Lola. Oh! We stayed 2 days for thanksgiving with family and it was difficult. My cousin thought I was insane with all the food things. I had carried stevia, pinapple juice, V8, nutritional yeast flakes and the sea salt with me. I gave wierd excuses for them stating some health changes I am planning at. I said I always kept the salt in my bag and asked her to try it like a suggestion. I am hoping she forgot my little craziness by now...lol. I do have some blood clotting disorder and slight Rhreumatism which hardly effects anything, but I used them as a weapon for my dietary choices when I was there.

Aqua
April 11th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Begonia, Congrats on selling the house adn good luck with the new one. I understand on waiting until the time is right.
Lola, Begonia..I did go to a NT scan on Friday with a little worry cos I was spotting. THat has never happend before. So we were so worried about everything.
After the peri said everything looks good and the spotting is common she asked if we wanted to know the gender. I acted cool and just blurted out "sure" but wanted to take it back...lol. But before I could say anything she threw us her guess after measuring the spine and with a potty shot!
I have the profile and the doctored potty shot posted on the U/S board.

LolaInLove
April 11th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Begonia, Congrats on selling the house adn good luck with the new one. I understand on waiting until the time is right.
Lola, Begonia..I did go to a NT scan on Friday with a little worry cos I was spotting. THat has never happend before. So we were so worried about everything.
After the peri said everything looks good and the spotting is common she asked if we wanted to know the gender. I acted cool and just blurted out "sure" but wanted to take it back...lol. But before I could say anything she threw us her guess after measuring the spine and with a potty shot!

AHHHHH! Going there now! SO glad all is ok with the spotting, Aqua......I am wondering if you are happy or not???? Going over to scan boards now....

begonia
April 11th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Glad you got those crosshairs back TTC5!

Aqua you're so saucy posting them over there and making us go look :-) But I'm glad I did! I am happy all is OK with the spotting; I know that must made you quite anxious but what a relief to hear all is Ok with the little one. Keep us posted!

begonia
April 11th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Lola will you be getting the NT scan? It seems like they are so much more common now. When I had DD1 in '05 it wasn't even mentioned but with DD2 in '09 it was treated like it was standard.

begonia
April 11th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Oh and Aqua I totally remember the Thanksgiving thing with you traveling :-) That was some funny stuff! Oh the things we do ... I've used the "health kick" excuse a ton when my mom comes to visit and I'm dumping what looks like fish food (NYF) into giant glasses of V8, when for most of my life I refused to ever drink juice.

LolaInLove
April 11th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Lola will you be getting the NT scan? It seems like they are so much more common now. When I had DD1 in '05 it wasn't even mentioned but with DD2 in '09 it was treated like it was standard.

Yea, if my doctor wants to do it. I have no idea what they will insist I do as far as testing since I'm 35. If I have a CVS, then I guess I won't need an NT scan, but I bet they will do a scan at some point around that time frame just to look at the baby. I don't know how I feel about a CVS yet. Part of me will want to do it, and part of me is scared of the m/c risks. Anyway, I am so chicken about finding out the gender...I feel like a multiple personality sometimes....I just don't want to be upset. But, the way our club is rolling lately, hopefully I will be blessed with blue also!

SpicyTunaSushi
April 11th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Great posts. Keep them rolling in.

As an aside- who is keeping up with pH? Mine won't budge beyond upper 5 and maybe 6. I have been doing this diet for 8 weeks!

TTC5
April 11th, 2011, 05:37 PM
3PinkNeedBlue, totally agree on your BD timing along with Lola. Oh! We stayed 2 days for thanksgiving with family and it was difficult. My cousin thought I was insane with all the food things. I had carried stevia, pinapple juice, V8, nutritional yeast flakes and the sea salt with me. I gave wierd excuses for them stating some health changes I am planning at. I said I always kept the salt in my bag and asked her to try it like a suggestion. I am hoping she forgot my little craziness by now...lol. I do have some blood clotting disorder and slight Rhreumatism which hardly effects anything, but I used them as a weapon for my dietary choices when I was there.

LOL I am the same! I have my Mum and 3 siblings living with us at the moment and they keep asking DH and I about all these vitamins and gelatin - lol. DH says "Oh DW is on some health kick I just take what she says" lol

TTC5
April 11th, 2011, 05:38 PM

OMG exciting! Must go find this pic ;)

TTC5
April 11th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Glad you got those crosshairs back TTC5!

Aqua you're so saucy posting them over there and making us go look :-) But I'm glad I did! I am happy all is OK with the spotting; I know that must made you quite anxious but what a relief to hear all is Ok with the little one. Keep us posted!

Thankyou! Looking at this cycle compared to last two I *think* my post O temps are lower? What do you ladies think? This is a good sign right??

TTC5
April 11th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Oh and Aqua I totally remember the Thanksgiving thing with you traveling :-) That was some funny stuff! Oh the things we do ... I've used the "health kick" excuse a ton when my mom comes to visit and I'm dumping what looks like fish food (NYF) into giant glasses of V8, when for most of my life I refused to ever drink juice.

Fish flakes hahahaha :rofl: Come to think of it, this is just how they look :rofl:

begonia
April 11th, 2011, 07:28 PM
TTC5 I am not the biggest fan of the NYF! I was scoping out the cans of Brewers Yeast at the health food store Sunday and once I finish this jar of NYF I think I'm going to try that stuff out. There were some that were higher in protein and potassium than my NYF. And umm, no wonder you were saying you have some stress in the living sitch! That is a lot of extra peeps around!

Spicy my pH really doesn't budge much either. I'm not troubled about it. I will say my urine pH is definitely in a healthier range than it ever was before. But my CM pH is in the 6's normally.

My almost 2 year old has covered her arms with red ink stars from a stamper she found. It looks like she has poison ivy. I should probably go do something about that...

begonia
April 11th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Lola I hope you don't have to make the CVS decision! That would be a hard one. I actually wasn't even sure I wanted to do the NT scan with DD2. Any of the tests that could show something negative always make me nervous, and the CVS with the risks (albeit low ones) would definitely give me some anxiety. Here's hoping your OB just suggests rolling with the NT scan, and that all comes back beautifully healthy. And with a big ol' boy nub :-) I am so fired up for Aqua! The CBBC seems to be having a good run of blue lately!

mmsgirlie22
April 11th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Ok...what does CBBC stand for???

TTC5
April 11th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Oh bummer went to multi quote but it didn't work - damn!
Was just going to say I might try this brewers yeast too, how much do you have and how do you have it? I don't drink the NYF's... I mash them in my mash potato or in with my soup =)

begonia
April 11th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Mmsgirlie, CBBC is from a thread some of us were part of on the site that the monkeys took over. Chicken Butt Boy Club. Members all agreed that if someone told us licking a chicken butt was a guarantee of getting pg with a boy, we would do it. Wouldn't you?!?! WAY easier than all this other business.

TTC5 I haven't tried the brewers yeast yet ... I still have a solid 10 days of fish flakes to power through :-) Then I'll pick up a can and let you know what I think!

TTC5
April 11th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Ok...what does CBBC stand for???

Not sure but guessing it has something to do with us boy swayers??

mmsgirlie22
April 12th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Mmsgirlie, CBBC is from a thread some of us were part of on the site that the monkeys took over. Chicken Butt Boy Club. Members all agreed that if someone told us licking a chicken butt was a guarantee of getting pg with a boy, we would do it. Wouldn't you?!?! WAY easier than all this other business.

TTC5 I haven't tried the brewers yeast yet ... I still have a solid 10 days of fish flakes to power through :-) Then I'll pick up a can and let you know what I think!

Hahahah love it!! And yeah if licking a chicken butt was a guarantee I would do it. Actually twice just to make sure it worked. hee hee

SpicyTunaSushi
April 12th, 2011, 05:34 AM
TTC5 I am not the biggest fan of the NYF! I was scoping out the cans of Brewers Yeast at the health food store Sunday and once I finish this jar of NYF I think I'm going to try that stuff out. There were some that were higher in protein and potassium than my NYF. And umm, no wonder you were saying you have some stress in the living sitch! That is a lot of extra peeps around!

Spicy my pH really doesn't budge much either. I'm not troubled about it. I will say my urine pH is definitely in a healthier range than it ever was before. But my CM pH is in the 6's normally.

My almost 2 year old has covered her arms with red ink stars from a stamper she found. It looks like she has poison ivy. I should probably go do something about that...

Are you ok with it being at 6? If I was desperate and only wanted a DS, I would wait longer, but I have been doing this diet for 8 weeks pretty much without cheats (again, there have been a few awkward times with other people I had to eat something), so I can only do what I can do!

Also, I don't have any 'yeast', do you think if you are eating enough potassium in diet, it is necessary?

LolaInLove
April 12th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Yea, we started the CBBC in July 2010! Some of those gals are having their baby BOYS soon! I think we had 2 that came up with girls, and the rest got boys. But, I think the 2 that had girls didn't sway for long, it was only a couple of weeks. Not that that means you will get a girl, but, you know. At least they were the second kid....for most of us, this would be #3 or more.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about cm ph much either. Mine never budged much above 5-6. I think if you do all the other stuff, like preseed or ew and have orgasms and the like, that you will be ok and alkaline enough.

Re: yeast, the NYF have a ton of other nutrients, not just potassium, so if you can do it, I would. I did it for the last couple of weeks before I got pg, and I'm glad I did for many reasons! It does taste like super ass though.

TTC5, your chart looks good, are you attempting now? I didn't notice any bd on there, but maybe you aren't marking that. Not to freak you out or anything, but my post-o temps were usually pretty low, just barely above the coverline, and for some reason, my LP shortened and starting lasting only 11 days, so my doc put me on progesterone, and my LP went back up to 14 and my temps were higher. Not saying you need that, but if you notice a trend with low temps and short LPs, I totally think progesterone is worth a shot.

begonia
April 12th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Spicy I'm good with it being at a 6, and I actually AM desperate and really, really want a DS :-) I did the IG diet pretty religiously for 3 months straight and saw no change... even with the baking soda drinks, ACV, etc. None of it seemed to change mine much, but I know other women have seen changes. BSF definitely did get mine up high (8.5) though and I might do one just prior to DTD when we actually have an attempt.

I'm with Lola, the yeast is good for the vitamins in it as well as the potassium. Honestly even when I give up my boy swaying I will likely continue with many of the vitamins and supps as I believe they are good for my overall health. That said I wouldn't stress or hold off on TTC just b/c you haven't been taking it. And it really doesn't taste good at all, LOL!

Is anyone else still months away from TTC? I'm ready for sure but DH (and I do agree with his reasons) really wants us to wait a bit longer. Booo!

LolaInLove
April 12th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Begonia, the longer you have until attempt, the longer you have to make a boy-vessel out of your body! Just try not to gain 28lbs like I did.....kicking myself for that, but oh well, that's what potatoes do to me.

Aqua
April 12th, 2011, 09:51 AM
As far as the PH goes, agree with Lola. It was def the most stressful thing but its not the only thing. It was very frustrating for me too. It was less than 4 to start with...yikes. After 3 months, I think it came upto only 6. I just gave up testing my PH as it was dissapointing. And DH PH was raising only by .5 or something.

Begonia, I think you have a good number to start with. For some of them the PH shifts in just 6 weeks and some it takes longer. I remember WantalittleMan saying that she took few months to change hers. And ya, about the job thing. I did find one in 2 weeks after I left my old one. I really like it here. And I can carpool with DH cos he works close by too. Too bad I am going to ditch them in 6 months...lol and go on mat leave or a just quit and take a break.

oh! Begonia... I was so missing your dd2's stories. Love that lil girl. I still laugh when I think of her trying to salt the dog..lol

SpicyTunaSushi
April 12th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Thanks girls! Hopefully I will see a shift in my pH, but if not oh well. DH is at a solid 8-8.5, and we are doing the diet and getting the nutrients. If I don't get pregnant this month, then perhaps the added time on the diet will get me there.

On a side note, I just joined a research study that is giving me free DIGI Smiley Opk's to start day 6! Hoooray! And I get ultrasounds at 6,8,12,20, and 34 weeks! It must be difficult for them to find people to join the study before they are pregnant- they are measuring arterial strength and pre-term birth.

boyjoy
April 12th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Begonia, the longer you have until attempt, the longer you have to make a boy-vessel out of your body! Just try not to gain 28lbs like I did.....kicking myself for that, but oh well, that's what potatoes do to me.

Don t worry Lola, you ll get rid of them right after delivery. Everything is for our boys. As you gain that much weight you can count on your sway :) I gained 7 lbs and it s all gone in 3 weeks because of the nausea m/s booog. I wish i could keep that 7 lbs instead of having m/s.

SpicyTunaSushi
April 12th, 2011, 11:13 AM
How many 125g of flakes do you go through? They seem so small and how much do you take?

begonia
April 12th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Lola every one of those 28lbs will be worth it when you hear blue! I've been surprised that my weight hasn't gone up much (about 5lbs) given how much cardio I cut out. But I also cut out about 600+ calories a day and a ton of processed sugar. I'm still hitting around 2400 cals a day though so I think my intake is high enough for the TW magic :-)

Aqua you're so sweet :-) My DD2 is so crazy active! It cracks me up how different my girls are; I am sure lots of the other moms with multiple ladies can say the same. DD1 just never was the type to do anything remotely "wrong"... never opened cabinets up or drew on walls or salted the dog, thank goodness. DD2 has a new adventure planned for herself everyday. And I never know what it will be. But I did put all our shakers of seasoning well out of her reach in this house! I'm glad you found a new job so quickly and how great to be able to carpool! Do they know yet that you're pg? I suppose not since you've just crossed out of 1st tri... do you think they will take it OK?

Spicy that research study will be great! U/S are the greatest thing ever when you're pg, how fun that you'll get to see the baby so much. Now you just need to get pg! When is your attempt?

Boyjoy I am so sorry to hear you have m/s. That is just rotten stuff. Had it with 1 dd but not with the other. FX yours passes soon!

begonia
April 12th, 2011, 11:28 AM
How many 125g of flakes do you go through? They seem so small and how much do you take?

Spicy my jar has 17 servings, 2 "heaping" TBS each it says. I usually only manage 1TBS a day right now. Going to try dumping some in tomato soup for lunch today though!

mmsgirlie22
April 12th, 2011, 01:10 PM
i've been eating more the past 3 days since finding and reading info. Wow......i actually ate breakfast.

boyjoy
April 12th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Begonia, thanks for good wishes!
Our DDs are like identical twins :D DD1 is like a grown up, always calm, nice, well organized, predictible, helpful, smart she started to read when she turned 4 just by watching super y and electric company :) DD2 is highly active, stubborn, messy, wall decorator (crayons), i think DD1 was extremely good and DD2 is just an ordinary kid :D
Have to say, I had terrible M/S with DD1 i don t even wanna remember, but very easy baby and child, DD2 was easy pregnancy but hard baby and kid .. As far as i am having hard time with this baby i am hoping this is gonna be an easy baby :D

LolaInLove
April 12th, 2011, 02:37 PM
i've been eating more the past 3 days since finding and reading info. Wow......i actually ate breakfast.

That's the best first step! Gotta eat some brekkie. I used to HATE it, but now I sit down and eat with my girls before school, and it's good fam time for us.

Thanks for making me feel better about my fatness, girls. Ha! It will all be so worth it IF IF IF this kid is a little dude. I'm telling ya, I used to eat maybe 800 calories a day (and a glass of red), that was it! No wonder I have girls and hulked up like a hippo when I started eating a full breakfast and meat and taters all day.

Aqua
April 12th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Yeah, that bfast is pretty important. Begonia, I did not gain much either. May be 8 pounds. It sways boy if you are gaining weight towards O. I have not informed my new employer yet abt the pregnancy. May be after 3-4 weeks when its really obvious. Yeah, they will be ok. Its a big place and I am fine with not working after having the baby for 8-10 months.

LolaInLove
April 12th, 2011, 02:40 PM
You guys are cracking me up about the DDs....I think it is some birth order thing with daughters....my DD1 is SUPER organized, she calls me out some times. And my DD2 is a spicy meatball, that girl. I think #2 has to vie for attention so they just figure what the hell and go all out.

Aqua, I was totally thinking about the job thing with you a while ago.....a GREAT new job opened up in my town that I so want....did you tell them you were pg when you interviewed? Hope it is going well!!! So nice that you can carpool...that is the one thing I love about mine, as DH and I are in the same building.

mmsgirlie22
April 12th, 2011, 03:02 PM
My DD's are opposite. My oldest is all about being the center of attention. Very full of attitude and craziness. DD2 is very calm and all about going with the flow.

begonia
April 12th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Boyjoy we are pregnancy/DD TWINS! I would say the exact same re: the m/s and DD1, and the easy pg with DD2, my current wild child. Part of the reason I want a 3rd is it really is just so fun to see what the little people turn out like! I can see why people have lots of kids. But I know for sure that 3 is my limit :-) Well, actually ... I could see 4 (twin boys please!) but DH is definitely going to be done at #3.

Aqua that is so great that you are in a good environment! I remember DD1 I got pg the month after I started a new job that I had wanted for years. She was unplanned and I was so bummed about being pg, but luckily my boss was beyond thrilled when I told her the news and it really helped me out emotionally. I'm glad to hear you didn't gain much either; it kind of concerns me b/c I know the gain is supposed to help. I think the month or two before we TTC I might just stuff my face like crazy with some good sat fats! Avocado and bacon sandwiches all day!

Lola I can't believe you were on 800 cals a day! That is intense! So are you applying for the new job? And I think your point re: the 2nd DD's working to get attention is totally valid. DD2 is a very hard worker ;-)

Mmsgirlie I was never much of b'fast eater either until boy swaying but now I must eat first thing in the am; it really is funny how my body has gotten used to eating by 7am now. I wake up starving. I like it :-)

3Pink1Blue
April 12th, 2011, 03:47 PM
So much chit chat all the sudden lol

On dd, #1- organized, smart as hell, very grown up and cautious. #2- such a goofball, hilarious beyond measure, messy, witty, and a total daredevil. #3 crazy feisty and easy going all at the same time, funny, curious, super smart. I love how three people can come from the same place and be so different.

So I got a damn near +opk this afternoon, I find it a bit curious as it's only cd 10 and I have almost no cm. I'm all the sudden wishing I was temping lol I'll test again later this evening and see what it says.

begonia
April 12th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Jen FWIW I got a very, very near + OPK on CD10 one cycle, and we had DTD the day prior unprotected, and I was FREAKING OUT thinking I could be O'ing! But really for whatever reason it was just a near + and I ended up not getting my true + til CD13 like normal. So it could just be something else going on, esp if you're normally pretty predictable.

I love hearing about all the kiddos :-) It's funny b/c it sounds like most of our first born daughters are very similar!

LolaInLove
April 12th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Jen, that is what happened to me on the bfp cycle. I got a SUPER near + on CD11, freaked and dtd, thought I was just Oing early because of DHEA and supps. Then, got a real + a week later. Turns out my body was gearing up to O and didn't the first time. Keep testing and wait for the really + one.

3Pink1Blue
April 12th, 2011, 05:03 PM
begonia - I left normal months ago lol

Lola - That's my plan, test till it's super dark. I hate the ride my body is taking me on right now:mad:

begonia
April 12th, 2011, 09:06 PM
begonia - I left normal months ago lol

Lola - That's my plan, test till it's super dark. I hate the ride my body is taking me on right now:mad:

LOL! At least you haven't lost your sense of humor!

3Pink1Blue
April 13th, 2011, 12:45 AM
I can laugh or cry, I choose to laugh.

princessap
April 13th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Hey girls. Finally made my way over here from IG and recognize a lot of names! Hope everyone is well. We are still TTC. Cycles have been crazy so having some tests done and will see my OB in two weeks. Was hoping to be pregnant by now due to an important date in April but unfortunately that won't happen :(

TTC5
April 13th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Yea, we started the CBBC in July 2010! Some of those gals are having their baby BOYS soon! I think we had 2 that came up with girls, and the rest got boys. But, I think the 2 that had girls didn't sway for long, it was only a couple of weeks. Not that that means you will get a girl, but, you know. At least they were the second kid....for most of us, this would be #3 or more.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about cm ph much either. Mine never budged much above 5-6. I think if you do all the other stuff, like preseed or ew and have orgasms and the like, that you will be ok and alkaline enough.

Re: yeast, the NYF have a ton of other nutrients, not just potassium, so if you can do it, I would. I did it for the last couple of weeks before I got pg, and I'm glad I did for many reasons! It does taste like super ass though.

TTC5, your chart looks good, are you attempting now? I didn't notice any bd on there, but maybe you aren't marking that. Not to freak you out or anything, but my post-o temps were usually pretty low, just barely above the coverline, and for some reason, my LP shortened and starting lasting only 11 days, so my doc put me on progesterone, and my LP went back up to 14 and my temps were higher. Not saying you need that, but if you notice a trend with low temps and short LPs, I totally think progesterone is worth a shot.

No, not trying yet ;)

June is when we can "begin" not long now!!

LolaInLove
April 13th, 2011, 08:46 AM
I can laugh or cry, I choose to laugh. :agree:

LolaInLove
April 13th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Hey girls. Finally made my way over here from IG and recognize a lot of names! Hope everyone is well. We are still TTC. Cycles have been crazy so having some tests done and will see my OB in two weeks. Was hoping to be pregnant by now due to an important date in April but unfortunately that won't happen :( Hey Princessap, hope you are doing ok! It sure can take longer to get pg than you think, right!? Glad you are seeing your doctor....but may be nothing more than just taking a bit longer than you expected. GL and welcome over!

princessap
April 13th, 2011, 09:52 AM
thanks Lola....I am having irregular bleeding, like every 14 days, so not trying now until this gets sorted out :(
Is Jennsgirls around?? we both have an upcoming duedate for our losses and I tried to get in touch with her by email and no luck. wondering if she flipped over here?
Are you still TTC lola?

Aqua
April 13th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Hey Princeasap. Glad you found us over here. Sorry about the bleeding. Hugs to you and hope you sail pass April. Not sure about Jengirls. All the best to you. Hope everything gets sorted out and you are on the TTC track. Dear Lola is preggo nowadays :).

princessap
April 13th, 2011, 11:24 AM
congrats to Lola!!! when is she due?? does she know gender yet?? very happy news! I think she was trying for a while right?

3Pink1Blue
April 13th, 2011, 11:24 AM
thanks Lola....I am having irregular bleeding, like every 14 days, so not trying now until this gets sorted out :(
Is Jennsgirls around?? we both have an upcoming duedate for our losses and I tried to get in touch with her by email and no luck. wondering if she flipped over here?
Are you still TTC lola?

Princessap, it's me Jen! I'm so glad you're found us, I've been thinking about you like mad! I'm so sorry I never got any e-mails, I just checked to see if for some reason it spammed you straight away but I didn't see anything. I'm so sorry to hear you've been having crazy bleeding, hopefully your dr can give you some answers. I just visited mine the other day and was basically told my poor uterus is still recovering from the d&c. I too am pretty sure I'll hit my due date without a bfp. I'm so glad you're here:kiss:

LolaInLove
April 13th, 2011, 12:26 PM
congrats to Lola!!! when is she due?? does she know gender yet?? very happy news! I think she was trying for a while right?

Haha, yep finally and this one is sticking- for now. I'm 7 weeks today (due 11/30), and don't know gender yet, of course. We'll find out sometime, though. Yes, we tried for 8 months, with the one before the bfp off as I had a chemical on month 6. Thanks for the well wishes!

LolaInLove
April 13th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Are you still TTC lola? Oh no, I hope everything is ok!

princessap
April 13th, 2011, 02:06 PM
that is too bad that you never got my email :( Happy to be back in touch with you though and hopefully we can help each other through this month. Last Saturday was my scheduled csection so it was a hard day knowing I should have been having a baby that day. I go to see my OB in a few weeks and hopefully get some answers. Bleeding every 14 days sucks :(. My OB has offered a referral to fertility
docs we work with but I am not sure if we will go down that road. will have to see what happens. are you still swaying?

princessap
April 13th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Lola...so happy for you and fx for a
blue bean! were you swaying or did u say you stopped swaying?
thanks for the well wishes...we had to stop trying because I couldnt figure out ovulation with all the bleeding :(
Glad to be back in touch with you
girls!

LolaInLove
April 13th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Lola...so happy for you and fx for a
blue bean! were you swaying or did u say you stopped swaying?
thanks for the well wishes...we had to stop trying because I couldnt figure out ovulation with all the bleeding :(
Glad to be back in touch with you
girls!

Thanks, hun. I did do a pretty good sway (I think)...those first 4 months of bfns got me really down on swaying. I was under the assumption that it was maybe hindering my fertility. So, I dropped the IG diet (meaning I added dairy back in....not a ton, but I didn't avoid it like the plague like I was for the first 4 months) and bam, got a bfp right around new year's eve. Lost that one super early, at 5 weeks, but then took the next month off and got my act in gear with swaying from Jan. 21 (m/c) until when we ttc and I O'ed on March 9, so it was a good 6 weeks of doing the "GD" method of swaying and I feel pretty confident. My sway is posted under the sway forum. Aqua's is there too (and she's got a boy!!!).

I am so glad you found the crew and joined this site! It is really great, makes a ton more sense than IG, to be honest. I really hope your bleeding situation gets figured out soon!

3Pink1Blue
April 13th, 2011, 03:45 PM
that is too bad that you never got my email :( Happy to be back in touch with you though and hopefully we can help each other through this month. Last Saturday was my scheduled csection so it was a hard day knowing I should have been having a baby that day. I go to see my OB in a few weeks and hopefully get some answers. Bleeding every 14 days sucks :(. My OB has offered a referral to fertility
docs we work with but I am not sure if we will go down that road. will have to see what happens. are you still swaying?

Oh hun, I'm so sorry you've had your day. I so wish we could just forget that date and realize a week later it passed and we didn't even notice. My first pregnant friend delivered Monday and another due any time while I've only got 4 months of bfn's. I really hope you get your answers soon and a bfp follows close behind.
I am still swaying, I've made some adjustments based on info here and am so much happier with it. IG had me so wound up that I wasn't doing everything perfect I could hardly breathe. It's so much more laid back over here and I feel my chances of success are much greater because of it.
I sent you a message here with my # if you ever need to talk.

begonia
April 13th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Welcome to Princessap! And I follow up the welcome with a ((hug)) because of all you have going on right now. I'm so sorry; I am sure last Saturday was very tough. I hope that your OB can get you some answers so you can get back on track with TTC.

Ditto Lola and Jen with feeling much more comfortable over here... though I heart IG since I wouldn't have met so many of you w/o it!

So we finally are getting some plans set for our move and it looks like that will happen in September, so I will likely TTC starting in October. Until then I'm just priming my body with all kinds of boy friendly food and getting some killer looking biceps from the weight training. I'm totally going to dominate my brother in an arm wrestling contest ;-)

swaynpray
April 13th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Hi Ladies..another newbie :-) have been a constant lurker though..great info thanks to AS....this is our 4th month ttc. does having a cold sway? we dtd last night but i have been down with cold since yesterday...

Aqua
April 13th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Swaynpray. Welcome and all the best to you. I think .feeling sick sways girl.

swaynpray
April 13th, 2011, 09:36 PM
thx Aqua ....and guess what... im team ttc blue :-( i did have a good sway otherwise..bummer

TTC5
April 14th, 2011, 01:02 AM
Welcome pray!! Sickness can sway pink but antibiotics sway blue.

SpicyTunaSushi
April 14th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Morning girls, this thread moves fast! I have my MIL in town and she is supportive of the diet- we are calling it a fertility diet- bc, well it is!

Chunksta
April 14th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Morning girls, this thread moves fast! I have my MIL in town and she is supportive of the diet- we are calling it a fertility diet- bc, well it is!

Yea it sure is Quick o had to read 3 pages back.... or maybe i just need to get on more!!!!:rofl:
I got a + OPK so its down to business for me!!! :agree: which im happy about finally my cycle feels normal and im O on cd 14 and not 17 or 18 like last month,

Welcome to Swaynpray and Princessap

Is anyone in the 2WW????

TTC5
April 14th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Yea it sure is Quick o had to read 3 pages back.... or maybe i just need to get on more!!!!:rofl:
I got a + OPK so its down to business for me!!! :agree: which im happy about finally my cycle feels normal and im O on cd 14 and not 17 or 18 like last month,

Welcome to Swaynpray and Princessap

Is anyone in the 2WW????

Good Luck!!!!!!

LolaInLove
April 14th, 2011, 09:02 AM

Ah, that's PERFECT!

Princessap, big love from me too, I hope you are doing ok with having gone through that hard day.

Howdy new peeps! I do think being sick sways pink, but don't worry about it....I think that if you are good with things you can control, like diet and supps and what you put up your VJJ!

Aqua
April 14th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Yup totally agree. It is stressful and difficult to aim for the perfect month. Every try there is something which is not in our hands. There are only few things we can control. Every cycle there would be something which would sway the opposite, happened to me on every cycle.

But just because of that one thing we should not think that our other efforts went for a waste. I remember one of our dear swaying buddy oveer the other site was stressed because she was pointed out that in her sway she took Vit B12 (I think) which sways pink. Made her so worried about it even though the rest of it was perfect. I really don't believe that one/few little things dirrerent could be the reason for resulting in one gender or the other.