PDA

View Full Version : Silly family OWTs?

hotdogz&boyz
November 20th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Does anyone else have some silly family OWTs that make them lean one way or another (or hope). I know its crazy and there is NOTHING scientific about it at all (although most OWTs dont have science behind them), but we have a funny little pattern in my family.

I am one of MANY cousins on my dads side and we are very tight knit. We spend two weeks a year together in one house and everyone gets along. So all these cousins are producing my grandmothers great-grand kids. This new baby I am carrying will make 15. But there is a weird pattern. If one baby is born in a particular year (January-December), the following great-grandchild (born in a different year) is the same gender. It goes like this in pairs (first two boys, second two girls, etc) BUT, whenever there are two great-grand babies in the same year, there is one boy and one girl. Like this:

1 (2000): Boy
2 (2003): Boy
3 (2004): Girl
4 (2005): Girl
5 & 6 (2008) Girl then boy (but were due on the exact same day, they altered the pattern a bit)
7& 8 (2009) Girl then boy
9 & 10 (2010): Boy then girl
11 & 12 (2011): Girl then boy
13 (2012): Boy
14 & 15 (2013): Boy then ??

So...I can't help but think if I am going to carry on the trend or be the trend breaker. I have a history of "marching to the beat of my own drummer" per my family. And I broke the tradition of female cousins having girls first (three of the five had a girl, I was the fourth to expect my first child and he was a boy, the fifth is having the boy due before me). I "knew" my second was a boy the moment my cousin announced they were expecting a girl a month before me. It just seemed inevitable. And now I am getting my hopes up on something ridiculous! But I also want to keep the cool trend going, ya know? Am I the only insane person around here?

Cinss
November 20th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Thats quite interesting, i just had a look at where my baby falls in the line of grandchildren and this is the pattern i came up with (my baby will be number 15 too)

Girl - 17
Girl - 16
Boy - 14
Boy - 10
Boy - 9
Girl - 8
Girl + Boy twins - 7
Girl - 6
Girl - 5
Girl - 2
Girl - 2
Girl - 1
Baby boy due
My baby Due

I dont see a pattern as such with mine, but interesting to see it laid out like that.

Myloves
November 20th, 2012, 06:26 PM
That's pretty cool! I hope you keep the trend going.

In my family it goes like this

Boy - 11
Girl - 9
Boy - 8
Girl - 7
Boy - 5
Boy - 5
Boy - 4
Girl - 2
Boy - 1

And my future baby....? (Hopefully a girl!)

On my husband's side, it's:

Boy - 12
Boy - 10
Boy - 8
Boy - 7
Boy - 5
Boy - 3
Boy - 2
Girl! (Mine) - 2 I hope to continue to break the trend of boys on my DH's side :D

auroara78
November 22nd, 2012, 05:49 PM
In my family between my sisters, brother and me it is:

Girl
Boy 1
Boy 2
Boy 3
Boy 4
Boy 5
Boy 6
Boy 7
Boy 8
Boy 10
Boy 11
Boy 12
Girl
?? (I want to go for a 4th a few years from now)

I'm hoping to end it on two girls ...lots of boys but I think if we had another, it'd be my 3rd son (we'll prob call him Henry)