PDA

View Full Version : when to stop baby aspirin when you are pg??

mkarntz1980
March 21st, 2011, 11:51 AM
I have been taking baby aspirin since I O'd, only cause it was on the IG supps....but I thought I read it can do bad things if you stop it right away??

LolaInLove
March 21st, 2011, 11:54 AM
I have been taking it ever since 1dpo, and am 11dpo now.....good question!!!! I'm interested to hear any advice also.

mkarntz1980
March 21st, 2011, 12:34 PM
yeah would love to know, i have read lots of things on this....i heard the reason most pg women take it is to prevent m/c

nuthinbutpink
March 21st, 2011, 02:25 PM
With IVF they have us take it the entire pregnancy up until 36 weeks or so. You don't want to be on blood thinners when delivering obviously!

LolaInLove
March 21st, 2011, 04:46 PM
With IVF they have us take it the entire pregnancy up until 36 weeks or so. You don't want to be on blood thinners when delivering obviously!
Oh wow, that long! Is it ok to stop at some point, like after the 1st trimester? Is it something your body gets "used" to, or addicted to, as it were, and it is bad to stop it if you have started?

nuthinbutpink
March 21st, 2011, 05:21 PM
I would ask your OB to be safe. I think they had us take it for blood flow reasons and they did not want me to stop. Your OB would know and I don't want to advise you on something like that!

mkarntz1980
March 22nd, 2011, 12:39 AM
I called my OB and she said since I have only been taking it for 10 days just to stop it. She asked me why I was taking it, I kind of fumbled didnt want to say "because im swaying for a girl lol

nuthinbutpink
March 22nd, 2011, 07:21 AM
I called my OB and she said since I have only been taking it for 10 days just to stop it. She asked me why I was taking it, I kind of fumbled didnt want to say "because im swaying for a girl lol

LOL! I am glad they were able to help. Congrats again!!

LolaInLove
March 22nd, 2011, 11:14 AM
Well, I've read in numerous places that drs recommend it for implantation help...I'll ask mine too (if I get to that stage!). I've only been on it for 12 days.

atomic sagebrush
March 22nd, 2011, 02:26 PM
Yes, it is not ONLY for swaying pink, it also is rumored to help with implantation. IDK - I usually say ask your doctor to be sure but I would def. wean myself off of it - take it every other day for a few days, then every two days, then three (you don't have to be weaning yourself off it forever, it should only take 2 weeks).

atomic sagebrush
March 22nd, 2011, 02:30 PM
Oh wow, that long! Is it ok to stop at some point, like after the 1st trimester? Is it something your body gets "used" to, or addicted to, as it were, and it is bad to stop it if you have started?

For natural pg you can wean yourself off of it sooner than that. The issue is that you want your blood to be not super "clotty" when the bean is trying to implant and the baby aspirin can thin your blood. It may help the bean burrow into your uterine lining.

It's not so much that you get addicted to it, but that you need to give time for your body to adjust chemically rather than just stopping it. If it needs to produce more or less of some chemical as a result of you stopping the aspirin, you need to give it some time to do that.