PDA

View Full Version : Wondering why some people just seem to effortlessly get their DG

BZ88
November 20th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Do some people just not have to try and get their DG. I find some people are so relaxed about and seem effortless about it. They have like 2 of each or 1 of each. I always wonder if they tried to sway the genders and they seem like 'oh no we didn't care'. I'm always like 'really you didn't have a preference?'. Come on, we all have a picture in our heads of what we thought about for our children. Wouldn't we all want both I guess?

Cinss
November 20th, 2012, 10:07 PM
I know, i have a friend who fell pregnant on a night out with a stranger, baby turned out to be a girl, i find that kind of lucky for her because she was raising her as a single mother, i just feel like a girl would be easier in that situation. Then she meets her partner, they decide to have a child together and they get a boy, like seriously how lucky, now they have 1 of each. Now she is pregnant again with the same partner and i think they probably want a girl next and i bet my hat they will get it, with NO swaying at all!

Regrow
November 21st, 2012, 09:45 PM
I know what you mean, seems to happen all the time where I live! I think there are some people who really do not mind what the sex of their baby is, however the majority of us want one of each. I used to think they were so lucky, but now I think I am the lucky one as I have two gorgeous sons and they only have one :)

LacePrincess
November 22nd, 2012, 08:34 AM
Well unfortunately, life isn't fair. :( I've felt the same things, so I totally get where you're coming from. But I tell myself that it's not productive to get depressed or angry over something that's entirely out of my control. I find it helps to think about the things I love about each of my boys, and what they've done/said recently that has melted my heart, and try my best not to think about things that've made me want to kill them, LMAO!

I'm not trivializing your GD, I totally get it, but I do find it helps me to appreciate what I have by consciously appreciating that we have healthy kids and that we're not infertile. I get that it's not the same thing, but IMO it's always better to find the positive in things and not let yourself stew on things out of your control. My kids don't deserve that and neither do I. :)

Dreamofpink
November 22nd, 2012, 05:03 PM
Well unfortunately, life isn't fair. :( I've felt the same things, so I totally get where you're coming from. But I tell myself that it's not productive to get depressed or angry over something that's entirely out of my control. I find it helps to think about the things I love about each of my boys, and what they've done/said recently that has melted my heart, and try my best not to think about things that've made me want to kill them, LMAO!

I'm not trivializing your GD, I totally get it, but I do find it helps me to appreciate what I have by consciously appreciating that we have healthy kids and that we're not infertile. I get that it's not the same thing, but IMO it's always better to find the positive in things and not let yourself stew on things out of your control. My kids don't deserve that and neither do I. :)

I agree wholeheartedly.

I was listening to a discussion programme on the radio a few days ago and the presenter was talking with a 31 year old female doctor who is terminally ill. Despite being very ill and not having too much longer, she was taking great pleasure in being there for her terminally ill elderly patients and being a comfort to them.

She was a real inspiration and put TTC into perspective for me. There she is facing the end of her life at 31 and I'm only a year younger than her & getting frustrated that I haven't been able to bring another life in to the world yet! I'm so so lucky that I have that option....